Who else doesn't have a name yet? (gulp!) DH and I can't agree... - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 75 Old 09-29-2011, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We still have no name. With DD we had things narrowed down to 3 and we just picked when we met her. This time we've got a list of like 15 names.  I'm not so convinced about any of them.

There's one I'm leaning towards ATM, but DD has a floral name and this is also a floral name so I feel like it might be too cheesy.  Sigh.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 75 Old 09-30-2011, 06:16 AM

haha I won't tell him that! And yeah, the bible is pretty darn long and LOTS of people in there.

I suspect if we have a girl I might get my way with the names, I feel more strongly about the two girls names that i like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrabelle View Post

Shhh...don't tell your DH, but Tobias is a "biblical" name. (well, sort of.) I only know this little scoop because this is my wee new nephew's name. (one of the twins;)

http://www.crimsoncircle.com/AboutUs/AboutTobias/tabid/88/Default.aspxAnd darn it, cutting out any biblical names makes it really hard-a lot of  "biblical" names were only mentioned here and there, or sometimes no more than once! Bummer. 

I love Matilda-that's one that my husband shot down too. 

okay I have to say- I just read the link- that is so out there that my DH might actually like it. (and, um, no offense if that is why your nephew is named Tobias!) But now that I've also looked up the name meaning, its probably off the table regardless of whether its actually biblical ("God is good")

dissertating mom to three

#63 of 75 Old 09-30-2011, 08:57 AM

We still have no names.  I have these horrible visions of holding this brand new baby in my arms while my husband turns the baby name book to the A-page and we start going through them to find this kiddo a name.  LOL

Amy, feathering our nest with sweet husband O and baby girl, P (October 2011). 
#64 of 75 Old 09-30-2011, 09:41 AM

We don't have a name either. With DD we had a short list but didn't end up using any of those names for the first name, though one did become her middle name. Coming from experience, I must say it is much easier to figure out a name after the baby is out and you are hanging out with her/him. It's obvious which names are "maybe" and which are "no way" and eventually one just feels totally right. Our DD didn't have name for three days, but who cares! That's what it took. Fully prepared to take our time this time as well. :)

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#65 of 75 Old 09-30-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy May View Post

;I have these horrible visions of holding this brand new baby in my arms while my husband turns the baby name book to the A-page and we start going through them to find this kiddo a name.

Yeah. I'm right there with you..except in my visions, it's having 6 tabs of baby name websites open on my laptop in the hospital...

Wife to my hubby and SAHM to two boys -  DS1 (2) and DS2 (newborn).  Forever missing our three angels in Heaven. 

#66 of 75 Old 10-01-2011, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
threecats - for spelling I would do Ian, just for simplicity. My name is not common but not unheard of but the spelling is not the most common spelling here. It has been such a nuisance my whole life - my name is NEVER spelled correctly by people. It doesn't really bother me anymore but it sure did when I was a kid. For ds we used my Mom's maiden name which is a common boy's name but she spells it without the h. We put the he in just to make things easier.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#67 of 75 Old 10-01-2011, 09:39 PM

lifeguard - Thanks for the input! smile.gif

Wife to my hubby and SAHM to two boys -  DS1 (2) and DS2 (newborn).  Forever missing our three angels in Heaven. 

#68 of 75 Old 10-03-2011, 01:43 PM

no names here either_ i used to think it was awful that parents did not give bb a name b4 birth, but now i get it....and it is not even at the top of my todo listhide.gif

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#69 of 75 Old 10-04-2011, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Haven't told DH yet...but i'm leaning towards letting him have his way...and naming her Charlotte. *under the condition that I get to call her "Lottie" without him putting up a stink about it*.
I don't know why, maybe because i'm at my wits end with pregnancy, but my heart is softening towards the name...whether it becomes really popular or not.

Mama to Reuben (8) and Zeke (7)fencing.gif and baby girl, Lötte babyf.gif
Illustrator/designer of children's media and rubber stamps.  blogging.jpg

#70 of 75 Old 10-05-2011, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Waffling between Iona and variations of Ines (Inez, Ynez, Ines, Anais). Oddly, neither of us feels like we've hit upon the perfect name.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#71 of 75 Old 10-05-2011, 08:49 AM

I love Iona!  Such a pretty name!

Amy, feathering our nest with sweet husband O and baby girl, P (October 2011). 
#72 of 75 Old 10-05-2011, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

You're another vote for that one. I think votes for that one are outweighing the other one. How does Iona Inés Fishburn sound though???

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#73 of 75 Old 10-05-2011, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

I love the name Iona!! I have some friends in france...one of their daughters has that name. (They all have cool names! They have Esmé, Iona, Meline, and Clement (boy). SO cute!!)

Mama to Reuben (8) and Zeke (7)fencing.gif and baby girl, Lötte babyf.gif
Illustrator/designer of children's media and rubber stamps.  blogging.jpg

#74 of 75 Old 10-06-2011, 09:36 PM

Iona is a beautiful name. :)

We've decided on a first name (Alyssa) and a middle initial (L) but can't settle on a middle name that we both like.  My MIL's name is Laure, so I'm automatically nixing anything that remotely sounds like it starts with Lor.  Our last name starts with a Y, so her nickname can be Allie and it will be short for Alyssa and also match her initials.  Yes, I'm a dork.

#75 of 75 Old 10-06-2011, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Our baby is five days old and still doesn't have a name!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page