Transverse babies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-08-2011, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone or does anyone have a baby in a transverse position?

If so, what have been your experiences?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-10-2011, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Me. My baby is transverse at 32-33 weeks with his head on my left and his butt on my right. Even though he was head down last time I had an ultrasound, apparently he likes this better. I have been doing couch inversions from spinning babies as well as the sifting and the side-lying pelvic release exercise, and my midwife is having me massage my belly counterclockwise and sleep with the foot of the bed elevated. I've also been seeing the chiropractor for regular adjustments, and I'm considering using the belly support band. I swim a lot, and I almost wonder if that made it too easy for him to switch from head down to transverse. I hear one does headstands in the pool to help the baby turn, but my pool is crowded and I feel like a dope.

I am terrible at belly mapping and can't tell if anything I'm doing is working. I had no idea the baby had moved to transverse until the m/w told me, but she seemed worried so now I'm worried. I'm seeing her again in about a week, when I'll be a day shy of 34 weeks.

First baby due Oct/Nov 2011. Slowly finding my way...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page