Stop, start, stop, start..... VENT! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 10-01-2011, 06:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been having on-and-off contractions for the last week, too.   My last labor started suddenly and became really intense really quickly.  So the midwives keep telling me that once things get started, it'll probably be the same this time.  I'm so sick of being afraid I'm going to go into labor suddenly while grocery shopping, or at the park with DS or whatever, and not have anyone to help me get home.  But I really can't imagine just sitting at home all the time either, waiting for nothing to happen for a few more weeks.  It's such a mind game at this point!!

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!
#32 of 33 Old 10-01-2011, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
akayerich - I can totally understand that. It's a 10 minute drive to town from here but often we go to the next town or into the city so it's not unusual for me to be an hour away from home. Dh hasn't officially said it but I've noticed he makes excuses to come with me when I go places lately. It would really suck to be an hour away & go into labour without someone else with me.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#33 of 33 Old 10-01-2011, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yeah.  It takes me around 1/2 hour to get most places I would want to go.  I'd really like to be enjoying these last few day (or weeks?) of "just mama and DS" time, but it's hard to really go do anything fun.  But today we went to the playground that's at our apartment complex and we've got some playdates with other moms/kids next week.  I figure those are pretty safe- they'll drive me home if I go into sudden labor :)

I gotta admit, though, after reading through everyone's posts, I'm pretty lucky to be having most of my contractions during the day.  At least they slow down at night and I can get some sleep between pee breaks. Oh, and the contractions gave me a good excuse to go ahead and start maternity leave- can't really complain about that!

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page