Chat Thread 9/19-9/24 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've got a fabulous chocolate zucchini cake recipe around here somewhere. It's got lots of chocolate, soured milk (with vinegar) for bite, and the zucchini reads just like the moistest coconut EVER. I don't claim any health benefits, though.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#182 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 10:16 AM

Shonahsmom:  Dang!!!  You got me all excited, and then you joined the prodromal labor crew.  I'm so sorry.  :(

sunathem:  Glad to see you checking in!  I know I've gotten a bit more active now that we're at the end of this journey, too.  Hope you have a lovely photo session and shower!

lifeguard:  NOOoooo!  Not again!  I am SO sorry for you.  bawling.gif

Katico:  Glad you feel rested today!  Same for me, last couple days.  I may be waking up frequently, but at least I'm falling back asleep easily!  I had a week or so of NOT falling back asleep well, and it was horrible.  Hope the toddler bedtime stuff improves (I am SO not looking forward to doing all that again in a couple more years from now).  And funny enough, I actually went out grocery shopping after kids' bedtime last night as almost a treat to myself, lol.  DH stayed home, and I enjoyed a quiet, Saturday-night-so-the-store-is-empty quick shopping trip.  And picked out some ice cream to enjoy after about 10 minutes of solid deliberation, lol.

AFM:  Nothing new here.  Trying to do some last-minute birthday gift sewing for MIL, and just wondering what this baby's timing will be like.  If I could pick, I would totally want baby to come this week, but it's also DH's long work week (12 hr shifts Wed-Sat), and he gets no time off, so if baby doesn't come by tomorrow, I'd rather wait.  And then, if I'm going to wait, I'd also want to avoid my midwife's apprentice and preferred back-up both being unavailable, which means I'd be waiting till after my due date.  So... baby, feel free to come today or tomorrow, lol!!

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#183 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 10:31 AM

I have read, but i need to rant before replying! I am so hopping pissed at dh right now. Hormonal, yes. Pissed regardless, yes. We agreed to clean today. I opted out of plans with a friend to clean. Am I getting any help? No. Instead he is sitting on his ass in the bedroom playing a stupid video game while I'm running up and down, crawling on my hands and knees, trying to get this place looking decent for post baby company, na
Ely his parents. Who he felt it was perfectly ok to discuss the finer points of my cervix and on visits with this morning, despite knowing damned well I'm rather private about such matters. And he laughed at me and made me out to be nuts when I asked him to refrain in the future. I just feel like he has lost all empathy and if he is going to do nothing, I wish he would do it somewhere else so I don't have to work around him.

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

#184 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 10:56 AM
~pi

lifeguard, Iris, Dragonflymom and Shonahsmom, UGH. I'm so sorry. Boo, prodromal labour.

not_telling, our trick for veg is that we serve a salad first at dinner and raw vegetable sticks first at snacks, and you don't get anything else until you eat that. (This goes for everyone. DH and I have certain veg that are not our favourites, but we suck it up to set a good example.) I am totally willing to deal with tantrums and hunger over this. Vegetables are NOT optional in our house. You don't eat your veg, fine, that's your choice. It just means you don't eat, period. It also helps that DS adores balsamic vinegar. We just throw it on sauteed veg, occasionally offer it for dipping sticks, and use balsamic vinaigrette on salads, and poof, the vegetables disappear.

Katico, I wasn't comfortable biking at this point in my last pregnancy. I'm carrying differently/better this time, which makes it doable. And hooray for grocery duty handoff!

sunanthem, nice to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post

I've got a fabulous chocolate zucchini cake recipe around here somewhere. It's got lots of chocolate, soured milk (with vinegar) for bite, and the zucchini reads just like the moistest coconut EVER. I don't claim any health benefits, though.

yummy.gif  Please do share!

Leiahs, here's hoping baby listens!

livacreature, wow. I'm sorry you are dealing with that.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#185 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 11:08 AM

Wow, livacreature... that sucks. Have you asked him to help you out? He's certainly being insensitive and just plain stupid, but maybe if you specifically asked him to give you a hand with something, he would? I dunno.

Shonasmom  and lifeguard: I can't imagine what you're going through! I'm going crazy just knowing he's dropped and labor is that much closer. And being uncomfortable with contractions too... that's awful.

FIL and MIL were here for the weekend. I absolutely love my in-laws, but I had a hard time this weekend! As soon as MIL saw DH's poison ivy she took over. They took him to urgent care and paid for his appointment (which was thankfully only $130) and he got Prednisone and Keflex. I was really thankful for it, because he needed to go, but at the same time I had this inferior feeling, like I'd been doing everything I possibly could to take care of him and it wasn't enough, he still needed his mom to rescue him (he's a big mama's boy, so separation has been a bit of an issue). MIL also made a couple of comments while I was bandaging his legs that seemed to hint that I wasn't doing it right, whether or not that was her intention.

Also, my family dog, an 11 year old german shepherd, is in his last few days of life. He can barely move, can't get up on his own, and his body is riddled with cancer tumors. My mom is taking it the hardest, as he's been her running partner for years. But it's not helping my emotions. So it's been a tough weekend emotionally.

On the good side, MIL and FIL bought me some new gear for my lizard! And we went out to eat sooooo many times. I really did have fun, but pregnant emotions and stress made it a little tough to handle.

Mom to Eli babyboy.gif 10/18/11 and loving wife to Derrin. heartbeat.gif 

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

#186 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Hello all ... reading and following and commiserating along with you all, but my swollen fingers won't let me do much typing.  Thinking of everyone who is treading the murky waters of prodromal labour along with me.  Last night I had three hours of cx that averaged four minutes apart and were over a minute long.  Finally called the midwife to give her heads up in case her evening was full of labouring mamas.  Of course, right after I called her, all cx stopped. 

My mom stayed over, just in case, so I sent her and dd to the aquarium so I could prowl around the house and tidy what's already been tidied ten times over. 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#187 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

livacreature - my mil has a plate she hangs in the bathroom (not sure why) that says "If you have nothing to do go somewhere else to do it". We have the same trouble sometimes around here & I tell dh I am NOT cleaning around him so he'd better help or go somewhere.

trinket - I'm glad to hear your dh has been able to get some more help for his poison ivy - we've had some baaaaad cases around here (dh was once hospitalized for it) so I can only imagine how stressful that has been for you both. I know it's difficult to see dh being rescued by his mom (my dh has been known to go to his mom's when he's sick - sigh). I am SO sorry to hear about your pup. We have a German Shepherd mix who is 12 years old & I know her days are numbered - I know I won't deal well with it. I hope he passes peacefully.

afm - we think ds is coming down with something, we're just not sure what, but he is not himself. EVERYTHING is an awful fight & he is dropping to the floor in tears over the smallest things. There doesn't seem to be anything physically wrong but he's most certainly not happy right now & it's making all of our days rough. Sigh. Poor kid - I'm not exactly the pillar of patience right now.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#188 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 11:36 AM

lifeguard ... maybe your ds is sensing and reacting to the impending change?

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#189 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 11:46 AM

Trinket hug.gif Sorry about your dog.  The end of a pet's life is always so hard.

Jane that sounds delicious drool.gif

prodomal labor BOO!  I had a ton of it with DD1.  So annoying.

livacreature UGH. Frustrating.

AFM I went consignment sale crazy this weekend & got a bunch of stuff & have finally started washing all the baby things from storage & the new things I got.  Also finally have a real plan for what is going to happen to DD while I'm in labor.  Still need to pack a hospital bag, install car seat, etc., etc., etc.

Does anyone else have horrible back pain?  I can barely get out of bed & walk down the hall every time I have to pee.  I think it's because when I lay down, I can't move at all without waking up & expending real effort/pain to turn over.  It's been this way for a while, but it's gotten a lot worse lately.

#190 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View PostSunanthem:  what a great deal!  What sort of toys do you make?

Here are some of the things I've made.

This particular mama has 4 kids, started a waldrof co op and wants me to make her 3 girls custom tutu sets. I might also make her some handcarved picture frames, we'll see.. I'm totally gonna hook her up for this.

The photo session went great, I can't wait to see what she comes up with, she said it will take 3 weeks to edit- OH! it will be hard to wait.

I hope you enjoyed your coffee out and non grocery shopping time; that sounds divine!

My, you are all some chatty mamas! Hope labor picks up for those waiting...

Saamy Student mama to  superhero.gifand hearts.gifand babyf.gif

#191 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollyanna View Post

Does anyone else have horrible back pain?  I can barely get out of bed & walk down the hall every time I have to pee.  I think it's because when I lay down, I can't move at all without waking up & expending real effort/pain to turn over.  It's been this way for a while, but it's gotten a lot worse lately.

I'm mostly getting horrid mid-to-lower back pain in the morning, before I get out of bed.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#192 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 12:44 PM

livacreature- sorry about the hubs. Mine can be that way sometimes too, driving me batty!

lifeguard- sorry your son is having a rough time, maybe extra snuggles and special time with him, and answering any questions he may be pondering over all the changes.

Starling- sendy you birthing vibes!

dollyanna- I love consignment shopping. I missed a good sale yesterday on kids stuff.. just havent been able to buy much at all for the baby or kids lately, mostly just been given a bunch of stuff or made it. I need to get what I have collected organized though. I'm sorry about your back pain, mine is a kink in my side, I have been slacking on my chiro appts the last month or so, I really need to get back in there soon!

#193 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

sunanthem - one of the most frustrating parts of whatever ds is going through is he doesn't want me it seems. He pushes me away when he's upset.

This house we are living in has a big, two-level deck outside. From day one I've said someone is going to fall down the very steep stairs & today ds did. Terrifying as we all watched helpless. Dh was at the top & tried to grab him, I was about 20' away at the bottom watching. Ds is fine but the sprint & scare started contractions again (not exactly surprising these days). Sigh.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#194 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 05:38 PM

lifeguard: wow. SO scary. I'm so happy he's okay. It sounds like you HAVE to be getting close to labor. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

The vet left about a half an hour ago after putting our dog to sleep. He was stubborn to the very end--it took 15 minutes instead of the usual 5 for him to go to sleep long enough to not growl at her when she tried to give him the second shot. Our family has had him since I was 9, so it's a tough day for us. DH has been great about trying to make me feel better, though.

Mom to Eli babyboy.gif 10/18/11 and loving wife to Derrin. heartbeat.gif 

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

#195 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Trinket,  hug2.gif

Lifeguard, you too.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#196 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 05:47 PM

Oh lifeguard, that is tough that he is pushing you away, I hope he can work through it soon. I'm glad he is ok, too, what a scare!

Sorry about your dog, Trinket.

#197 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 07:32 PM
~pi

Oh, lifeguard, how scary. I'm so glad he is OK.

Trinket, I am so sorry about your dog.

AFM, baby and I had an NST tonight (I was asked to come in at some point over the weekend) and sailed through with flying colours. It was great to confirm that all continues to be well, but wow, it's so time-consuming. And I haaaaaate the straps. The resident pointed out that I was having very regular contractions; I replied that I'll get excited when they start picking up into anything more than a mildly noticeable tightening. I am not going to complain, because unlike everyone else who is having prodromal labour, mine is not at all bothersome (noticeable, but it wouldn't wake me up if I were sleeping or anything), but it's kind of weird at this point that I've been having contractions on and off for over a week now.

ETA: Is anyone who is due early in the month unbelievably hungry? I swear I have eaten more in the past 24 hours than in the previous two weeks. And I have no idea where it is going. I've had so little room for food for so long, and all of a sudden, my body wants everything in the kitchen, and has magically made room for it.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#198 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 08:06 PM

lifeguard and trinket - grouphug.gif

pi - There are days I don't want to eat and others when I swear I would put a pro football player to shame.

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

#199 of 200 Old 09-25-2011, 10:01 PM

Trinket ... What a sad day for your family.  I'm sorry that you're going through this. 

~Pi ... I am eating like a marathon runner.  We started with a full fridge a few days ago and the thing is a barren void of nothingness now.  Perhaps because we're just about to do a 'marathon' of sorts?  I cannot eat enough, after being nauseous and without appetite for the majority of the pregnancy. 

AFM:  I ran into one of my midwives at the playground and she is impressed that I'm walking around living life while all the while my cervix is 6cm and 80% effaced.  I'm going to go swimming with dd tomorrow ... maybe I'll have an impromptu water birth at the public swimming pool!  Hahahahaha!  Jane ... Can I borrow some koi for the occasion?  biglaugh.gif 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post

Oh, lifeguard, how scary. I'm so glad he is OK.

Trinket, I am so sorry about your dog.

AFM, baby and I had an NST tonight (I was asked to come in at some point over the weekend) and sailed through with flying colours. It was great to confirm that all continues to be well, but wow, it's so time-consuming. And I haaaaaate the straps. The resident pointed out that I was having very regular contractions; I replied that I'll get excited when they start picking up into anything more than a mildly noticeable tightening. I am not going to complain, because unlike everyone else who is having prodromal labour, mine is not at all bothersome (noticeable, but it wouldn't wake me up if I were sleeping or anything), but it's kind of weird at this point that I've been having contractions on and off for over a week now.

ETA: Is anyone who is due early in the month unbelievably hungry? I swear I have eaten more in the past 24 hours than in the previous two weeks. And I have no idea where it is going. I've had so little room for food for so long, and all of a sudden, my body wants everything in the kitchen, and has magically made room for it.

#200 of 200 Old 09-26-2011, 09:10 AM

Trinket: Big hugs mama! I know how much dogs become part of the family.

Hoping everyone is doing well. We are hanging in there. We have a super clean house and are just playing the waiting game. DH is terrified she'll come early (before my mom arrives!) and is trying his best to have me take it easy. I keep telling him she'll come when she comes. I managed to seduce him last night even though he was sure if we had sex labor would start! Ha! I told him that baby girl and I had a heart to heart- she's agreed to wait until my mom arrives next Sunday. winky.gif

I am getting braxton hicks just about every evening. I never had them with DD. Also, baby is putting lots of pressure on my cervix which causes lots of painful twinges. I'd like to think that its doing something but who knows. Anyone else experiencing that?- its also something I didn't have last time.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page