Could you all please.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 09-20-2011, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

stop having your babies? It's kinda got me freaked out and I NEED MORE TIME. LOL! DH is ready, he wants the baby here NOW. Me? I still have so much to do and I'd kinda like a couple more weeks. But all these babies being born has me a bit freaked out! I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow so, really, any time now.... whenever Sunburst decides to come on out.....

But I'm totally not ready (mentally) yet.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 25 Old 09-20-2011, 03:08 PM

It's raining babies!  Hallelujah! 

babyf.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#3 of 25 Old 09-20-2011, 03:26 PM

All this new baby sweetness is going to make it seriously difficult to wait for my own!!!

I can't believe we're here already!!  Weren't we all just signing up to this DDC and seeing early belly shots?!  dizzy.gif

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#4 of 25 Old 09-20-2011, 03:38 PM

I feel the same way, Steph!

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#5 of 25 Old 09-20-2011, 04:23 PM

I feel the same way(which is exactly the opposite of how I felt with DD), I have so much left to do and I remember what she was like as a newborn and I think I am ok just waiting a bit longer!

joy.gif:Mommy to Lennon Elizabeth 11/27/09 and somebody new, due 10/08joy.gif:

#6 of 25 Old 09-20-2011, 05:38 PM

I'm now officially (at 38 weeks tomorrow) going back and forth between "OH NO!! NOT YET!!" and "Okay, any time might be just fine!"  ROTFLMAO.gif  I've accomplished all the major things that need to get done, and I'm starting to get more uncomfortable.  Mentally, I think a late Sept. birthday might be nice so baby gets his own month between big bro and big sis, as well as arriving before both my midwife's assistant and her #1 back-up both become unavailable for a week during the time right after my due date.  I'd really rather have the people I know and appreciate participate in my birth, you know?  But at the same time, I KNOW babies are easier in than out, and I'm not ready for my life to get more complicated yet!  Uncomfortable is much better than scattered and trying to make daily life work with a newborn in tow.  Still, I think I'm more or less ready for whatever happens, at this point.

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#7 of 25 Old 09-20-2011, 05:52 PM
~pi

lol.gif I am torn. Medically, the sooner the better. Life-wise, I am not ready!

In general, I'm just feeling all teary about the sweet new babies. It's so exciting and wonderful!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#8 of 25 Old 09-20-2011, 06:20 PM

I'm so ready for baby, I don't even care about my to do list anymore!  I'm ready and I tell baby that all the time.  I will admit I'm totally jealous of people who are checking things off their to do list, I just have given up.

Tricia
Canadian Mama to E 2yrs
Someone new coming October!
#9 of 25 Old 09-20-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiahs View Post

But at the same time, I KNOW babies are easier in than out, and I'm not ready for my life to get more complicated yet!  Uncomfortable is much better than scattered and trying to make daily life work with a newborn in tow. 

truedat.gif  Of course I am excited to meet my baby but at the same time as I go through my day to day stuff I keep thinking "how in the world am I going to do this with a newborn" I feel like I am getting in way over my head all of the suddenredface.gif I know I will be ok but am just freaking a bit so I hope she stays put for another 4 weeks!

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
#10 of 25 Old 09-20-2011, 06:34 PM

I almost made a thread like this!!!

Its really starting to hit me that it could be "any time now"...Im 38 weeks this Thursday...

I told hubby that at 39 weeks we are going to start trying "home remedies" for inducing labor because as much as I would like some extra time I also do not want to go on induction watch.

#11 of 25 Old 09-20-2011, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm not torn at all - I want my baby in my arms!!! These announcements are just making me more anxious!

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#12 of 25 Old 09-20-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post

I'm not torn at all - I want my baby in my arms!!! These announcements are just making me more anxious!

I'm with you, lifeguard. I'm 38.5 weeks and I just want my baby HERE! I am so prepared.. time is just dragging now.

#13 of 25 Old 09-21-2011, 09:02 AM

As soon as we get a carseat, I'll feel like the baby can come. We need to get it fitted because we're not sure a carseat would even work in DP's 89 Mazda truck with its stick shift.

But it feels surreal and incredible that soon a baby will come into our lives.

Reading the birth stories make me teary eyed, too.

#14 of 25 Old 09-21-2011, 09:41 AM

I'm 36.5 weeks and I think it's amazing that baby could come in a week...or in five weeks! Such a huge expanse of time! Either way, I am enjoying the birth stories and definitely can wait a couple of weeks before getting antsy myself. Knowing that these are the last days alone with DD makes waiting a lot easier for me so I'm just cherishing this time with her and slowly finishing the to-do list. We have our home visit/family meeting with our midwives tomorrow and the birth kit is only half-assembled, so obviously I am not really ready yet.

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#15 of 25 Old 09-21-2011, 01:39 PM

Yeah...I'm gone from the DDC for just a few days and we've already got THREE more babies! I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, and at our appointment yesterday when the midwife said "OK, you're in the clear for a home birth...even if you go into labor tonight, I'll be there!" I'm sure I looked just like this bigeyes.gif. Can't believe my baby could come at any time...I want to meet my baby so badly, but I still feel totally unprepared.

Head over heels for DHjoy.gif bonus mama to super sweet DSS (10/9)superhero.gif and mama to DD (10/11)loveeyes.gif! nocirc.gif  sewmachine.gif  goorganic.jpg

#16 of 25 Old 09-30-2011, 03:14 PM

Seriously ladies, come on!!!

I never thought I would be one of those women who say "Get out,get out, get out" but I totally am now...I just want to meet my man!!

#17 of 25 Old 09-30-2011, 03:32 PM

My due date is October 1... and yet I am starting to feel like I am weeks overdue already! Congrats to all the new mommies, but I have to admit, I am starting to feel a little envious. 

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#18 of 25 Old 09-30-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebugmom View Post

My due date is October 1... and yet I am starting to feel like I am weeks overdue already! Congrats to all the new mommies, but I have to admit, I am starting to feel a little envious. 

You and me both, my dear.

#19 of 25 Old 09-30-2011, 03:52 PM

Mine is the 7th and at first I was excited/pleased that my OB is encouraging/supportive of waiting till week 42 to talk about induction...now...Im re-considering why I dont want an induction lol!!

the past few days have been hell, I cannot move without my pubic bone shifting/my hips popping in and out of place...baby has dropped and Im once again peeing every hour at least.

BAH!! I WANT MY BABY!!

#20 of 25 Old 09-30-2011, 03:59 PM

I am not quite 37  weeks yet, but I am sooo done - my back has never hurt like this before - the last few weeks has been agony - the baby is low in my pelvis and sitting on my cervix so maybe this will be the first time I am not going to be overdue....maybe...lol

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#21 of 25 Old 09-30-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan View Post

I'm so ready for baby, I don't even care about my to do list anymore!  I'm ready and I tell baby that all the time.  I will admit I'm totally jealous of people who are checking things off their to do list, I just have given up.

This is me. I'm exhausted from these crazy on again off again contractions, fully dilating, and then going back down to who knows what....I just want her out now. My back is KILLING me (upper, since sleeping on my side hurts like hell due to an old back injury) and I haven't slept more than an hour at a time in 2.5 weeks. And with the threat of her coming "early" the entire last trimester, now that she hasn't, I feel overdue...and i'm only 38wks 2 days.

Somebody stop me...i'm eyeing the castor oil bottle. (I kid, I kid...)

Mama to Reuben (8) and Zeke (7)fencing.gif and baby girl, Lötte babyf.gif
Illustrator/designer of children's media and rubber stamps.  blogging.jpg

#22 of 25 Old 09-30-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post

I am not quite 37  weeks yet, but I am sooo done - my back has never hurt like this before - the last few weeks has been agony - the baby is low in my pelvis and sitting on my cervix so maybe this will be the first time I am not going to be overdue....maybe...lol

I have a pinched nerve in my back that has been killing me all pregnancy until now, now that baby has dropped my back feels great but my hips/pubic bone feel like they are going to fall apart :(

#23 of 25 Old 10-01-2011, 01:20 AM

It is 3am and I have been up since 1...I am going to lose my sh*t!!!!

flippin back...flippin everything...grrr

I was never this uncomfortable last 2 times...not even overdue.....grrrrr

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#24 of 25 Old 10-01-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post

It is 3am and I have been up since 1...I am going to lose my sh*t!!!!

flippin back...flippin everything...grrr

I was never this uncomfortable last 2 times...not even overdue.....grrrrr

Mama, have you considered taking some Benadryl or even some Unisom at bedtime? I started taking one Benadryl at night at the suggestion of my midwife and its really been helping me with the middle of the night insomnia.

#25 of 25 Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 AM

I've been thinking of you Shonasmom,  thinking you would be popping up with a birth announcement any day!  Glad to hear you're getting more sleep at least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post

Mama, have you considered taking some Benadryl or even some Unisom at bedtime? I started taking one Benadryl at night at the suggestion of my midwife and its really been helping me with the middle of the night insomnia.

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page