When having a contraction, you feel... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-22-2011, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Not sure I'm actually contracting but maybe...has anyone every felt anything similar to the "let down" feeling during a contraction? I'm having some cramping and feeling this sort if tinglyness, too. Am I just weird?

I'd also love to know what everyone else feels as you gals have contractions in the coming days and weeks.

Hannah, Wife to R , Mama to Alexander, born 2-15-08,
and Gabriel, born 10-17-11. Ask me about cleft lip and palate!
signcirc1.gif

#2 of 10 Old 09-22-2011, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine felt like menstrual cramps that had peaks. I also noticed sharp cervical pain with them that felt like what I feel after a pap smear. They were totally different then the BH contractions I had been having.

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

#3 of 10 Old 09-22-2011, 04:40 PM

I'm contracting fairly often (although not regularly or with any kind of pattern).

With my Braxton-Hicks, my belly gets tight and a little uncomfortable, but there's no pain. With my contractions I feel it basically in my belly from my ribs all down through my thighs and in my back. It has a rise and a fall and I feel sharp pains in my cervix.

#4 of 10 Old 09-22-2011, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Do you mean like when your milk is letting down?

wave.gif Hi Karli!

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#5 of 10 Old 09-23-2011, 05:11 AM

Hm. I think we all feel it differently, but I also think -- when you're really in labor, you KNOW you're in labor. Kwim?

But I guess if I had to describe them I'd say mine felt like unbelievable menstrual cramps (which I normally don't have) plus cervical pinching. everything was front, center and low. And, well, they hurt. orngbiggrin.gif

#6 of 10 Old 09-23-2011, 05:19 AM

I feel two different things going on - 3 times or so I have felt a massive muscle in my center get very tight and strong...and about 20 different times (usually 2 or 3 times every other night or so) I get this menstrual cramp feeling that suddenly releases into a tingly feeling- like magic- I don't know how to explain it- and it kinda tingles all over my body.  It feels like electricity.  I wake up (or I'm kinda already awake) and think of myself as a mother fire fly and I'm glowing from my core -- humming with light and energy--with life!!   It is a wonderful feeling.  The tingly feeling always makes me think "am I dreaming this?"  but it has happened at least 10 times now in the past 2 weeks - I'm pretty sure it is real....as odd as it is.  I am at week 38 with my first.  These feelings have come with no patterns really but I think they are happening a little more often...I am sooooooo excited!

sunanthem likes this.

Lisa, living in Asheville, NC, married to my best friend for 7 years partners.gif, remembering our angel in heaven angel1.gif, having so much fun raising our DS (10/10/11) thumb.gif and so excited to meet our new baby this October blush.gif !

#7 of 10 Old 09-23-2011, 05:21 AM

When I went into labor with my first, it felt like bowel pains.  I spent the first hour trying to figure out if I was in labor or just needed to use the bathroom.  I didn't have any "practice" contractions that time at all.  Or if I did, I slept through it.  As labor progressed, they felt different, but I really don't remember exactly what they felt like.

This time, I've been having some contractions that feel like a bad menstrual cramp that radiates around to my back.  And also, I can feel my belly get hard with my hands.

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!
#8 of 10 Old 09-23-2011, 06:00 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Because I had back labor, I felt the bones in my hips and lower back "breaking" in strong surges. It was only mildly relieved when dh would push my hips back together.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#9 of 10 Old 09-23-2011, 07:16 AM

I was induced with my first and at the beginning, my natural contractions felt like the really bad cramps you get with diarrhea + the worst menstrual cramps.  

Once they started pitocin though....well...let's just say I'm still traumatized. 

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#10 of 10 Old 09-24-2011, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, that milk reflex is was I was talking about...after being induced with my first, I'm not sure what to expect. Every different feeling that comes along, I start to wonder: is this it?

Hannah, Wife to R , Mama to Alexander, born 2-15-08,
and Gabriel, born 10-17-11. Ask me about cleft lip and palate!
signcirc1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page