Mothering Forum banner

"Going Home Outfits" - please share!

4K views 60 replies 25 participants last post by  sorprendida11 
#1 ·
So, inspired by Rosemary's adorable outfit options in the crafty thread, I would love to hear about and/or see what you are all planning to bring your babies home in, or dress them in after birth! (I really need things to distract me right now
lol.gif
)

So, here are the two options I'm bringing with us:

First, if she's as tiny as DD was, I have knit this little outfit for her, all pale blue and very soft, plus a little white kimono shirt underneath

mosaiced921f2d29fb6d6a2ae2c14cab4048e2f6419336 (1).jpg

If she's a bit bigger, I've also packed this outfit (worn by DD when she was about 2 wks old)

3554222117_96865125fc_b.jpg

See less See more
#53 ·
Thanks and LOL, ravelry is the place to go and my username there is the same as here :). Patterns are noted on my projects pages - happy knitting!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngspiritmom View Post

Dude, I'm not even pregnant or in this due date club but I am totally crashing this thread because those infant hand knits are SO. DARN. CUTE.
knit.gif
crochetsmilie.gif
Looks like I just found my motivation to become a more talented knitter (still a beginner). Where can I find patterns????? I have to knit one of those!!!!

#55 ·
phew I just got 8 newborn nighties and a stretchy wrap carrier from 2 different friends... bringing me up to 9 nighties, several itty bitty hats, and a couple of jackets/shirts/pants... we are all set! (planning a homebirth so I don't have to really choose what to take, just have to wash and fold and put all the newborn size stuff in one easy to find place...)

#56 ·
I felt the same way (I still do but have relaxed a bit). I ALWAYS wished I had a bedazzler so I could make my infant son a hot pink t-shirt with rhinestones to spell out "tough guy" on the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teruterubozu View Post

The first time I went out to look for baby clothes I became SO angry with the cutsy sayings and overly gendered things that I bitched on FB that we were going to just get a onsie that said "Mommy's little heteronormative gender expression." Well, a friend made one for me that was spouse-inclusive and says "Our little heteronormative gender expression" It is also in the possible going home outfit category
orngbiggrin.gif

#59 ·
My son was born at home, so it wasn't a "going home outfit."

After a few days my husband decided he wanted to try out some of the cute stuff we had for him so I put our skin on skin time on pause for a minute and slipped him into a cute Beatles onesie!

We were so proud that the first clothes he ever wore (besides hats for keeping him warm that December) were Beatles merchandise lmao!

#60 ·
I forgot to share. This is the outfit packed into the hospital bag. I forgot to take one of the born at home outfit. Hopefully, I will be showing it off in a birth announcement soon!

001.JPG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.