Sign of impending labor or just wishful thinking? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-24-2011, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry, but this will be tmi wink1.gif

Yesterday, last night and this morning I've had some horrible diarrhea. Yuck! It's almost a welcome change from the constipation, but still not pleasant to deal with.

So, i've heard lots of people say that they got diarrhea within a couple of days of labor starting, kinda like the body is clearing itself out in preparation.

Btdt moms.... Any experience with this? It's possible I just have a tummy bug (nobody else in the house does though). What are the odds I go into labor soon? I'm 37w3d right now.

And to add even more fun... Dh and ds are gone camping this weekend. Lol! They are only about 20 minutes away though.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 09-24-2011, 05:57 AM

I had the same a couple of mornings ago - it was terrible!  But I was excited thinking it might mean something.......nope.  I have NO idea where it came from because I felt fine otherwise.  

I hope it means something for you!!!!!

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#3 of 10 Old 09-24-2011, 06:56 AM

I've had the same thing off and on for the past three days, as well as crampiness and random prodromal labor. Annoying but I don't have any bloody show yet, and I realize this could go on for another week or two. I hope it gets going for you, Steph. And you as well, Beth, I know you've been having a really hard time lately. Hugs to you both!

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#4 of 10 Old 09-24-2011, 06:56 AM

I had loose stool for about 3 days prior to labor. smile.gif Only time in my life I welcome diarrhea.

Momma to DS (2/08) and #2 due 10/11.

#5 of 10 Old 09-24-2011, 08:25 AM

For all 3 of my previous labors, loose stools have come ON the day that I went into labor.  Usually right at the very start - either just a couple hours before I start contracting, or not long after.  Usually accompanied by bloody show, as well.  Of course, this time I've been keeping things purposefully loose to avoid really bad hemorrhoids, so I'm not sure I'll be able to watch for that indicator. 

Either way, I bet you're getting close.  :)

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#6 of 10 Old 09-24-2011, 08:50 AM

I've been having loose stools for the past 4ish days, and while I have been having a ton of contractions/pressure, I'm not in labour, but hopefully this is the beginning of something!

Tricia
Canadian Mama to E 2yrs
Someone new coming October!
#7 of 10 Old 09-24-2011, 09:08 AM

My digestive system switched to loose stools right around week 36. I've been on the BRATs diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast) since then to keep from running to the bathroom 10 times a day. I've heard it's normal to have loose stools up to a month before labor starts. I've also heard a lot of stories about diarrhea right before labor. I'm now 38w 3d with no other signs of labor. Here's hoping things start moving along soon!

#8 of 10 Old 09-24-2011, 07:22 PM

Usually it's right before labor for me if my water doesn't break first. At first I'm not sure if I"m getting sick and it turns into labor.

Alicia + James = Gabriel (9), Uriah (7), Ayla (5), Noah (3), Azriel (1), and due Oct. 2011

#9 of 10 Old 09-24-2011, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

That is interesting to see how everyone is different! So far, no further signs of labor. Kind of a bummer. Although Sunburst has definitely "dropped" in the last couple days. Despite the very loose bowels and being on my feet almost all day (cleaning this morning, then grocery shopping and then going out with a friend and getting a mani/pedi) I've barely even had any BH contractions! Oh well, Sunburst will come whenever he's ready.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#10 of 10 Old 09-25-2011, 02:27 AM

My "system flush" happened on Saturday and I got what I thought was a cold on Monday. Labor started Monday night. One other fun "sign" - on Sunday, we noticed my belly button had gone from innie to outie, and my husband said "It's just like the thing that pops our on a turkey!" we didn't know I was actually DONE though!

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page