False alarms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-25-2011, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else have a false alarm yet?

I was pretty damn sure that I was going into labor last night.

I had some fairly intense BH's and was getting nauseous and dizzy and the contractions were going all the way down my legs rather than just being felt up at th top front of my tummy...I ended up on the toilet pooping,contracting and vomiting into a bucket all the while telling the husband

" Omg...this cannot be it...IM NOT FUCKING READY CHARLES, IM NOT!!!"

I hopped in the shower to see if that would help and it did, Im leaning towards the nachos I had at a buffet place not exactly meshing well with my tummy....

But now Im terrified...up until this point I have been excited for it to happen but now Im worried...why do I think Im not ready!!?

I have gone over my "to do list" several times this morning trying to locate where my anxiety of not being ready is coming from with no luck....

Anyone else?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2011, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

As everyone knows I've been in false labour hell for the past week & a half. Each time it stops again I look around & try to figure out what baby girl wants done before she'll come - like that's logical!

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Old 09-25-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post

As everyone knows I've been in false labour hell for the past week & a half. Each time it stops again I look around & try to figure out what baby girl wants done before she'll come - like that's logical!

My brain would be doing the same thing. I'm not even experiencing false labor (yet, at least... though I've had it with my 3rd pregnancy), and I *still* keep thinking, "Okay, I'm not in labor yet.  What am I supposed to get done today, then??" 

DragonflyMom, eek.  Sounds nightmarish.  I hope you find the source of your anxiety, and that real labor will be much more calm for you!

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

Old 09-25-2011, 01:21 PM

Yeah....for like a week, every couple of days.  Sigh.  

Tricia
Canadian Mama to E 2yrs
Someone new coming October!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I am 39 wk 1 day, due Oct 1, and I had a false alarm night last tuesday-- lots of "real" contractions radiating from back to front, but it stopped after three hours, and nothing-- absolutely nothing! since.  I'm trying to be patient here redface.gif.

User Tag List