Chat Thread; 9/25-10/1 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-27-2011, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

Er, wow, that's a lot. You should get some serious wings and a halo for going along with this. The pregnant sex angel! (geez, I swear I feel so punchy right now, sorry)

AFM: Had my ultrasound and baby looks just right, so the measuring "ahead" isn't any big deal apparently. Not that I thought it would be. I was initially concerned about a cleft lip/palate due to some prescribed prednisone in a fairly large dose during the early weeks of pregnancy. My body decided to get terrible asthma with this little one. Anyway, no clefting, baby weighs 6lb, head not looking large (ds's head was and is very large.) So I'm satisfied.

Amy May:  We've held a pregnant lady pageant and  you have won the "Pregnant Sex Angel"  crown  Haha, congrats!!   flowersforyou.gif  Love it.  But yes, our DP's really can never read this thread and get the idea they should be getting more than they are lol.gif

Rosemary:  Did you have asthma pre-pregnancy?  scary!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hykue View Post

Toddlers and pregnancy - My sister is doing this right now too, and I have nothing but sympathy for all of you.  It's just difficult, I think.  And Katico - don't feel bad about teaching your two-year old a swear.  My sister did that last year when she wasn't pregnant, and then had to spend all day saying "Oh, DUCK!"  And "Duck that!" and "For DUCK's sake".  It only takes one slip for them to learn it, and it takes a lot of work to make them forget it.  It's not about being a bad mom, it's about being human!

Love.  Alot.  

I figure I can never be as bad as my MIL was, she tells the story of my SIL, at 3 years old, at the grocery store - some lady was blocking the aisle with her cart and tiny, angelic SIL pipes up loudly "Shit, Lady!  Get out of our way!"  biglaugh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post

Wow, Katico ... You get the prize for the most personals!  Well done.

I have no life anymore bag.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodge View Post
Katico - I "ignored" it by giving up on putting him to bed. He stayed up with me and DH until we went to bed (he is still in our bed) and then he would go to sleep. It wasn't the greatest solution (hello crabby toddler in the morning and no time with DH) but it saved my sanity. I think part of the issue for us was how light it stayed in the summer until super late, he just couldn't shut down when the sun was up. So now the it is darker earlier and I think that helps. Now it is bath (sometimes), teeth, vitamins (he sets DH and mine out for us), books, lights out, lights on, drink of water, lights off, we both stay with him for five minutes, he sends me on my way, another 5 minutes pass, he sends DH out. Every once in a while he will call for us and one of us will go back up for about five minutes. But again I think his problem was the SUN, I have never hated it staying light until late until this summer.

I think I'll try this too....My issue is that I *REALLY* don't want her to come to bed with us and I think that's what might happen - I really need her to keep in her own bed since the baby will be sleeping in ours so soon.  But I think a combination of bribery (a la Pi) and then if that fails, ignoring....this could work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post

LOVE the induction advent calendar idea. Sounds like waaaaaay too much work to set up though!

Inform DH he is responsible lol.gif

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Beth- what about a bed next to yours? It could be as easy as some blankets and pillows on the floor. We got an air mattress to put next to our bed for ds when he was going through a "must see mama at all times" phase. Shortly after we set it up and told him he could sleep there at any time, he started sleeping in his bed again. Go figure.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Old 09-27-2011, 06:03 PM

wow! I have been reading along but there is no way I can catch up, no way at all.

I have been soooo sick. Woke up on sun. just feeling exhauste, headache, sore throat, achey, etc. Pretty much slept all day but was up barfing a bit. I think the vomiting is from all of the mucus dripping into my throat and my pg stomach can't handle it, not sure it is part of this cold, who knows. Then yesterday I was feeling tons better. I got a huge to do list done and felt great. This morning I couldn't get out of bed, repeat from sunday.

I had my mw appt yesterday. I am 36wks 4 days today. My mw said everything looks great and she would feel comfortable with me birthing at home at this point so I don't have to worry about that. I have never gone early though so I don't anticipate it. I had lost a pound but am not surprised with vomiting all day on sunday and carrying significantly less fluid at this point. I feel soooo much better now that my fluid has gone down. Hb was good, bp was good, baby movement is good, etc. Dh is still freaking out a bit so we decided to do an u/s. It is scheduled for monday morning. I hope that eases his mind a bit.

toddlers- I feel so bad for those of you that are dealing with this. I remember it when I was pg w/ ds2. I have a toddler now but the dynamic is soooooo different. I have older kids that can help entertain her or even put her to bed when I am DONE DONE DONE. Dh is home a lot too which doesn't make the financial part very easy but physically and emotionall he is such a great help that it is worth the sacrifice.

bed time- the no cry sleep solution is great even for toddlers and I highly recommend reading it. Consistancy has been the best for us with all the kids. If your dh is home in the evenings I highly recommend giving him bed time duties. that was the best move for us.

sex- yuck. just hte idea really makes me nausous. We are at 1 to 2 times a wk which is dh's min. but I really can't handle more than that. It is just so uncomfortable. I am looking forward to the after baby break.

prodromal labor- for those going through that I am sooo sorry.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Old 09-27-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

Yellowdart, I would definitely be wondering about labor in your shoes.

Oh, I wish!  Baby's still so high, and I haven't had contraction #1, so I feel like it could be weeks still.  I think I'm just being Cranky McWhinypants.  Things were looking a bit brighter after my nap this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post

Morning all ... just dropping in with my unbearably painful hands to say that I'm reading along and commiserating where appropriate.  No baby, just lots of intense contractions in no discernible order. 

So sorry about your hands... my hands were super awful for a while, but now they're settled down for some reason.  The fingertips on my left hand have been constantly numb for several weeks, and both hands get numb and painful at night if I'm sleeping on them or bending them at all, but the terrible pain I was having has abated.  I wish I knew why - I could offer advice.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post

I have been soooo sick. Woke up on sun. just feeling exhauste, headache, sore throat, achey, etc. Pretty much slept all day but was up barfing a bit. I think the vomiting is from all of the mucus dripping into my throat and my pg stomach can't handle it, not sure it is part of this cold, who knows. Then yesterday I was feeling tons better. I got a huge to do list done and felt great. This morning I couldn't get out of bed, repeat from sunday.

Sorry you're sick.  I think I'm getting sick too.  It's not something we should have to go through at a time like this!

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

Old 09-27-2011, 07:40 PM
~pi

grouphug.gif everyone. Too exhausted to say more. I am having an emotionally tough day. Answered some questions about having canceled the scheduled c/s and while the questioner was perfectly nice about it, it was still hard for me and brought up some stuff that I don't want to have to deal with.

I hope everyone is doing OK and hanging in there!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 09-27-2011, 07:58 PM

pi- sorry you are having a hard time. Hang in there mama!

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Old 09-27-2011, 08:32 PM

Shhh don't tell anyone, but I have a grlic clove up my vajayjay...I feel kinda naughty....not sexy naughty...but toddler stuck a french fry up their nose naughty

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

Old 09-27-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post

Shhh don't tell anyone, but I have a grlic clove up my vajayjay...I feel kinda naughty....not sexy naughty...but toddler stuck a french fry up their nose naughty

thumb.gif

Pi sorry you're having a rough day

theboysmama hope you feel better soon.  I was sick last week & it was no fun at all.

I'm having a lot of contractions & cramping today.  And so begins what will probably be weeks of wondering if I'm actually going into labor or not.  I guess I should probably pack my hospital bag just in case.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:

ROTFLMAO.gif

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

Old 09-27-2011, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

saoirse - you make me laugh!

So this evening dh took ds to a friend's for the evening so I can be alone. I e-mail my friend & tell her I'm not going to go to the LLL meeting afterall & crawl into bed. Shortly after a friend calls & says "so, are you going tonight?". I said I wasn't really feeling up to it & she says "ummm, you REALLY NEED to go tonight". Umm, ok. Turns out they had planned a surprise baby shower for me! I must admit I'm not sad the surprise part was spoiled 'cause I really feel much better being the centre of attention when I've actually showered & brushed my hair! It was reallllllly nice. Not too many people, mostly LLL members & few others ladies I know in town. We sat around & chatted & then I opened the one gift (everyone chipped in) & we ate. They gave me a gift certificate for a store called Milkface (mostly nursing apparel & such) & a beautiful New Zealand lambskin (something I've been totally lusting over). I feel so blessed.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Old 09-27-2011, 09:23 PM

lifeguard - That is so sweet!

pi - hug2.gif

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

Old 09-28-2011, 06:14 AM

Here's a cautionary tale for all you Pregnant Sex Angel wannabes.....I was feeling sorry for DH yesterday after reading of AmyMay's extraordinary wifely dedication lol.gif  so I decided to show him a good time.  I decided not to worry about comfortable positions or propping with pillows.......aaaaand...then I was awake all night with back pain and spasms.

crap.gif

And I'm still walking around like a hunchback today. Good times.  

Pi, I hope things are brighter this morning.  I was wondering why you were quiet yesterday!  hug2.gif

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

Old 09-28-2011, 06:32 AM

Katico!

what a trooper - talk about taking one for the team!!!

don't forget Amy is pretty much newlywed and this is her first baby.....lol

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

Old 09-28-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:

ROTFLMAO.gifLOVE this! 

Katico - And sorry you're suffering the aftermath of feeling sorry for your DH.  He owes you a mega massage, I'm thinking.  I'm impressed by all you pregnant ladies who are having sex at all.  I think DH and I have done it maybe 2 or 3 times during this pregnancy (with a few other non-DTD intimacies thrown in sporadically).  Really, I just find that I'm usually not so interested, plus the discomfort issues.  I'm just hoping our dry spell with this one doesn't last as long as it did when I was pregnant with and after DS was born....which was a reeeeaaaallllly long time....I'm almost too embarassed to say....something like maybe 2 times in almost 2 years (including pregnancy).  Cuh-razy.  The main reason for us being the kinda poor mix of co-sleeping for two years with a kid who always knew when mama was no longer in the bed and being people who tend to be in the mood (and "have the time") at night.  It was so exciting when DS moved to his own room when he was 2 yrs.  Like a second honeymoon or something.

Lifeguard - That is so nice of your LLL pals.  My playgroup mamas are taking me out to dinner this Sunday.

Pi - Hope things are starting to feel better.

AFM - My parents are finally back from their 3 week trip to India (for my sister's wedding) and Europe.  Which means they're coming over to babysit for DS this morning while I go to my prenatal appt.  Today's the big day....GBS swab!  And the STD tests that I previously declined (so I can waive the eye ointment).  Also, I think my chiropractor may have jacked me up.  I went on Monday and said something about checking the pelvis and wanting to avoid the post-partum SPD issues that I had last time.  He said I was already misaligned (I don't even want to tell you how he "figured this out" cuz you'll wonder why I go to him in the first place...he's very wacky-woo-woo).   And because I was pregnant he just had me sitting on my butt for all the adjustments, which he mostly did with this special tool he has.  And now I'm having major issues emanating from my left butt cheek...maybe where the sacrum meets the rest of the left side of the pelvis.  I'm thinking he may have thrown something there out of whack.  When I get on all fours and try to move in any direction I get a sharp pain.  Not good for someone who's hoping to labor/deliver a lot on all fours.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

Old 09-28-2011, 06:57 AM

HAHAH- Saoirse- you're totally right... plus DH and I never slept together before we were married, so we're still making up for a lot of "lost time,"  I guess.  But, seriously my DH is probably the most amazing man on the planet (I know this is totally subjective).  And yes, lots and lots of pillows.  And a fan. 

Today I'm going to a free CPR training at work, followed by our home visit.  I'm 37w1day, and it is so awesome to have hit this milestone!  I kept thinking that now "if I go into labor, I am clear for the homebirth."  Then, wait a second, WHEN I go into labor..!  Crazy to think that these babies are all coming OUT (and eventually every single one of us will NOT be pregnant). 

Have a great day all, and hugs to all you amazing mammas out there!

Amy, feathering our nest with sweet husband O and baby girl, P (October 2011). 
Old 09-28-2011, 07:13 AM

Nothing much to add, except that I'm reading along and laughing. Such a funny thread.

Although reading about everyone's discomfort is eye opening. I had no idea the pre/prodromal labor part could get that bad! So sorry that many of you are experiencing it.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:07 AM

Things are happening over here.  I've been having small, intermittent gushes of fluid since the middle of the night.  At first I was thinking it was probably just a liquified mucous plug, but I'm starting to wonder if I have an amniotic fluid leak on top of that.  I've definitely had some stringy/mucousy discharge, but I had to switch from a pantiliner to a pad so I wouldn't worry about the fluid, too.  It was a little too much at once for a pantilinter to handle.  Along with that, this morning along with one small gush there was a pink tinge, and some more onto the toilet paper for the next little bit.  I've never had bloody show without starting labor within the day.  As of right now, though, I've had only 2 barely-noticeable contractions, and that's even with a walk to school with my kids this morning.  Hoping that if this is it, things start slowly.  DH just started his long shift work week today (12 hr days, today through Saturday).  He's planning on coming home if I'm in labor, and taking one day off if baby is born, but then going back to work because that's about all we can handle financially.

I've gotta run and get some chores done, just in case.... I can't decide if I want to make a grocery trip or not at this point... eek.

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

Old 09-28-2011, 09:46 AM

leiahs - sounds pretty exciting! Good luck today.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:51 AM

Oh & I slept last night!!!! Not super fabulous but I slept. Half the night in ds' bed & then for a few hours this morning in ours. Lovely. More contractions now - I'm rested - let's go baby girl!!!

Old 09-28-2011, 10:27 AM

lifeguard- glad you got a nice party AND a good night's sleep

even though I am not 37 weeks until Monday, when MW visited yesterday, she said they would attend me at home if I go into labor now, big baby expected, etc. She also said they would really only recommend biophysicals (as long as we all stay healthy) until 41 weeks. yay! love them! did my GBS swab, we'll see what happens.

My toddler spends an annoying amount of time pretending to *be* a baby. And she is a really annoying baby. the rest of the time its all, "actually I am big"

She is all of the sudden very interested in genital area anatomy, "what is my front bum called" and asking about what is a penis, etc. (we believe in using accurate vocabulary with kids)

I think she is definitely processing what is about to happen!

dissertating mom to three

Old 09-28-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post

She is all of the sudden very interested in genital area anatomy, "what is my front bum called" and asking about what is a penis, etc. (we believe in using accurate vocabulary with kids)

I think she is definitely processing what is about to happen!

DD is also very into knowing where baby is coming out and checking out body parts these days. We are also into using correct terminology and I can't wait for my Mom to arrive... she is into not talking about it at all! Wait till she hears her 2.5 year old granddaughter talking about her "gina" and vulva! Makes me happy! :)

I have a prenatal today. I told DH last night while I didn't feel that labor would start last night I'm feeling a definite shift in my body. It's going to be soon. My lower back is sore, my braxton hits are more frequent and stronger, and the cervical cramping is stronger and more frequent. That used to stop if I sat down but last night it didn't seem to matter. Baby feels so so low too. I'm curious what the Dr will say today about it all. I didn't experience this at all with DD. I sure hope it means that something is happening and that when labor starts it will be faster then last time (40 hours!). A mama can hope anyway.

Thinking about you all. Lifeguard, so glad you finally got some rest! Well deserved.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

Old 09-28-2011, 02:10 PM

lifeguard: aw how nice! Glad you got some sleep too...you definitely deserve it!

Pi: hugs. I hope you are feeling better today.

Starling: I am so sorry about your hands...I get sad when I can't put my wedding ring on, and then I think about how awful the pain in your fingers must be and I feel like a whiny wimp.

Katico: oh my goodness. We DTD too, and I was rewarded with cramping so horrible that I had to get out of bed and just pace through the contractions for quite some time. DH has no qualms about the baby...in fact when baby is moving like a little maniac, he suggests DTD because "it will rock the baby to sleep" and I'll be more comfortable...you're so altruistic, honey lol.gif

saoirse: you never fail to make me laugh...thanks :)

Leiahs: woohoo! Exciting! Keep us posted if you can :)

AFM: I'm a little freaked out today. I slept for six hours straight last night, which felt amazing, but then I started worrying because I didn't get up to pee that whole time...sheesh. You just can't win. Also, at my prenatal appointment yesterday I mentioned that my right side is really painful, just under my rib cage, and the midwife started asking questions about vision changes, headaches, vomiting, etc because apparently pain in that area of my side can indicate liver problems. I said no, but I was thinking about it today and realized that actually I HAVE had a headache for several days, I just didn't mention it because it's pretty low-grade and I had attributed it to lack of sleep and work stress...I haven't thrown up, but I HAVE been pretty nauseous off and on the last few days...no "vision" changes per se, but I have had weird dizzy spells where it looks like the room starts moving and then I lose my balance. Should I be worried, or am I just being pregnant and paranoid?

In much more exciting news, the midwife seems to think I won't make it to my due date (I'm 38 weeks tomorrow) and said my body is definitely showing signs that something will happen soon...so excited! biggrinbounce.gif

Head over heels for DHjoy.gif bonus mama to super sweet DSS (10/9)superhero.gif and mama to DD (10/11)loveeyes.gif! nocirc.gif  sewmachine.gif  goorganic.jpg

Old 09-28-2011, 02:23 PM
~pi

Thanks for the hugs and support. I am having a slightly better day today. Still dealing with some birth anticipation issues, but it will all be over one way or the other soon. I'm just really hoping to avoid the postpartum issues I had last time. (Long story slightly shorter, being anesthetized and having surgery brought back some emotions for me from some difficult things that happened to me as a young woman. I did not see it coming at all -- the events from my past were so very much in the past for me that I hadn't thought about them in years and in fact hadn't ever even bothered to tell DH about them. So, needless to say, I was unprepared for my emotional reaction. I couldn't make sense of it during DS' birth, and ended up with flashbacks and nightmares for months afterward that got very, very bad. I'm terrified of having a reaction like that again.)

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 09-28-2011, 02:27 PM

emmaegbert - we spend a lot of time talking about genitals around here too. Ds will not believe me about how the baby arrives - he is fairly insistent she will come out of my belly button.

labruja - yeah, sounds like he's got your comfort in mind - I had to laugh at that! Sorry your midwife has you worried - so many of these things can just be attributed to pregnancy it makes it hard.

I know I need to be patient but I'm not succeeding. Dh & I would both like this baby to be a September baby (really we just don't want her birthday & ds' birthday to be too close together), plus mil wants her to be an October baby SOOOOO I feel spiteful about it. Throw in that dh's father died a year ago this Saturday (Oct 1) & I'm thinking today would be a great day for a baby! Somehow I think she disagrees, although the pressure in my nether regions today is unreal!

Is everyone getting such beautiful fall weather? It is really quite incredible the weather we have - which is great as I have only summer maternity clothes (not that it matters I am sweating like a crazy person all the time right now).

Old 09-28-2011, 03:04 PM

soooooo...

I called dh at work today...

me: honey I can't find the garlic

dh: it is on the counter

me: no, not that garlicinnocent.gif

dh: bawhhh haaa hhaaaa

sooooo....

I had my homebirth home visit today.....

asked the midwife if she had any rubber gloves with her....

more....bawhhhh haaaa haaaa

she really dug in there...no garlic...must have come out in the toilet over night....whew

I had visions of the baby being born - think roast pig with and apple in its mouth....eek

she told me to put the garlic in guaze soaked in olive oil next time....

Baby's head is way down in my pelvis...she was surprised... said it was not usual for a third baby at 36 weeks....hope that means I will not go overdue this time

heart rate was 145heartbeat.gif

She also dropped of meds for hemmorage and a little kit containing:

24 pads

1 peri bottle

deluxe cold compress

white garbage bag

black garbage bag

clear garbage bag

18 underpads 17x24

8 underpads 23x36

white baby cap

so all i need to buy now is a heating pad or hotwater bottle :)

Amy...you make me smile - I am sooo glad you are having such a great time...I sooo miss it....I will relive our early years through you, thanks :)

Old 09-28-2011, 03:21 PM

Forum seemed like it was down earlier, so I'll update real quick now:

I've had contractions (very, very mild contractions) about 20-25 minutes apart for several hours. I just picked up my kids from school, and the walking around kicked me to 10 minutes apart, and definitely stronger. My midwife will be over any minute to check on me, but I'll be shocked if today isn't the day, with the amount of little water gushes I've been dealing with all day, and the consistent contractions. orngbiggrin.gif

Now I just have to figure out when to call DH to come home. He has an hour drive. I told him I'd either call him again when things were consistently 15 min apart or I got news from my midwife that she thought things would happen soon (like last homebirth, when I thought I was maybe 4-5 cm and was actually 7 and had the baby 2 hours later..). Now I've gone from 20 min to 10 min... so I'm sitting and drinking water to see what happens.

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

Old 09-28-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiahs View Post

Forum seemed like it was down earlier, so I'll update real quick now:
I've had contractions (very, very mild contractions) about 20-25 minutes apart for several hours. I just picked up my kids from school, and the walking around kicked me to 10 minutes apart, and definitely stronger. My midwife will be over any minute to check on me, but I'll be shocked if today isn't the day, with the amount of little water gushes I've been dealing with all day, and the consistent contractions. orngbiggrin.gif
Now I just have to figure out when to call DH to come home. He has an hour drive. I told him I'd either call him again when things were consistently 15 min apart or I got news from my midwife that she thought things would happen soon (like last homebirth, when I thought I was maybe 4-5 cm and was actually 7 and had the baby 2 hours later..). Now I've gone from 20 min to 10 min... so I'm sitting and drinking water to see what happens.

Woo Hoo! Can't wait for a baby in arms update! joy.gif

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

Old 09-28-2011, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

~pi ... hug2.gif

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:29 PM

Running out the door for Rosh Hashana dinner, but...

Leiahs - YAY!!

AFM - No sugar in the peepee today!  Guess eggs and half a piece of buttered whole wheat toast and a cup of unsweetened green tea was the trick.  But, gotta say...didn't feel very satisfying.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

Old 09-28-2011, 03:52 PM

Leiahs- Hooray!!!

Not_telling- yeah on the no sugar! Just eat tons now to make up for it.

Pi- Hang in there mama. I bet that you won't have the same issues this time as they are more present (and not shoved down), also you might be expecting them so it would be easier to handle (not easy, but easier) than being blind sided.

saoirise- I used the garlic last time and that happened to me to. Must have landed in the toilet. I was using it for yeast and it didn't work:(. Hope you have better luck.

genital talk- um I have a very immature husband, 3 boys ages 9, 7, and almost 5 and an almost 3 yr old girl that was ec'd so yeah there is a lot of genital talk around here. We are pretty accurate with our terminology. My lo is the only one that hasn't witnessed a birth yet but she hasnt' asked where the baby comes from. We have read a few books (runa's birth and welcome with love) that depict it really well. My 4 yr old was impressed withhimself when he figured out poop comes out your butt and babies come out your vagina. lol

AFM- I am still so sick today. I am starving but everytime I eat something I puke (and of course pee myself) then I am starving again. I can't breath bcs I am so congested and the coughing causes me to puke/pee, etc.

I did get my birth beads strung today while I was laying in bed and that was on my list. They look great. I would post a pic but ds2 ruined my camera, I bought a new camera and charged it but I think my memory card is messed up bcs my new camera isn't working right, uggggg. I have to get this camera situation fixed before this baby comes. I still have a bit of time but I want to at least know how to use it when she gets here.

Wish the family didn't have to eat, the thought of figuring out dinner is just bleck. Dh did it last night, hoping he will step up again.

User Tag List