Chat Thread; 9/25-10/1 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 178 Old 09-28-2011, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post

I had visions of the baby being born - think roast pig with and apple in its mouth....eek

Oh. My. Goodness. That whole post had me laughing so hard... wow. Crazy! Glad you got your whole kit. We had to order ours online and we've had it since 35 weeks (i'm 38) but there's a long list of household items we need to collect still. Fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiahs View Post

Forum seemed like it was down earlier, so I'll update real quick now:
I've had contractions (very, very mild contractions) about 20-25 minutes apart for several hours. I just picked up my kids from school, and the walking around kicked me to 10 minutes apart, and definitely stronger. My midwife will be over any minute to check on me, but I'll be shocked if today isn't the day, with the amount of little water gushes I've been dealing with all day, and the consistent contractions. orngbiggrin.gif
Now I just have to figure out when to call DH to come home. He has an hour drive. I told him I'd either call him again when things were consistently 15 min apart or I got news from my midwife that she thought things would happen soon (like last homebirth, when I thought I was maybe 4-5 cm and was actually 7 and had the baby 2 hours later..). Now I've gone from 20 min to 10 min... so I'm sitting and drinking water to see what happens.

Woo! Good thoughts for baby coming today!!! Goodness, I can't wait for all these babies to be here. I'm gonna start getting impatient if many more of you go before I do!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post

Thanks for the hugs and support. I am having a slightly better day today. Still dealing with some birth anticipation issues, but it will all be over one way or the other soon. I'm just really hoping to avoid the postpartum issues I had last time. (Long story slightly shorter, being anesthetized and having surgery brought back some emotions for me from some difficult things that happened to me as a young woman. I did not see it coming at all -- the events from my past were so very much in the past for me that I hadn't thought about them in years and in fact hadn't ever even bothered to tell DH about them. So, needless to say, I was unprepared for my emotional reaction. I couldn't make sense of it during DS' birth, and ended up with flashbacks and nightmares for months afterward that got very, very bad. I'm terrified of having a reaction like that again.)

*hugs* That sounds awful. I hope you can handle it better this time around. I assume DH knows about it now--do you think his support will help you get through it better?

DTD - DH is definitely an every day, often 2x a day kind of guy. Thankfully, one of his favorite positions is also pretty much comfortable for me. He's also perfectly content with, ahem, oral methods, so that's often the best solution. It's certainly not 2x a day anymore, although that happens some days, but then we might go 3 or 4 days. But I'm a lot like Amy May. I've been married just over a year, we did pretty much nothing before we got married, and this is our first baby, so we're still pretty, ya know, active. Now he's thrilled with the concept of "sexytime" helping to get labor going. Gives him another reason to suggest it!

Good thoughts to all you ladies who are getting close to labor! I'm jealous. :)

Mom to Eli babyboy.gif 10/18/11 and loving wife to Derrin. heartbeat.gif 

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 178 Old 09-28-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:

Forum seemed like it was down earlier, so I'll update real quick now:
I've had contractions (very, very mild contractions) about 20-25 minutes apart for several hours. I just picked up my kids from school, and the walking around kicked me to 10 minutes apart, and definitely stronger. My midwife will be over any minute to check on me, but I'll be shocked if today isn't the day, with the amount of little water gushes I've been dealing with all day, and the consistent contractions. orngbiggrin.gif
Now I just have to figure out when to call DH to come home. He has an hour drive. I told him I'd either call him again when things were consistently 15 min apart or I got news from my midwife that she thought things would happen soon (like last homebirth, when I thought I was maybe 4-5 cm and was actually 7 and had the baby 2 hours later..). Now I've gone from 20 min to 10 min... so I'm sitting and drinking water to see what happens.

Go girl!!!@

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#93 of 178 Old 09-28-2011, 04:38 PM

I have nothing better to do right now, so I'll flood you with another small update.

Midwife declined to do a cervical check, as my water was broken and didn't want to introduce anything foreign for now. So, I'm going by feel at this point. Contractions are now about 3 min apart, but still fairly easy. I can walk through them, talk through them, breathe through them, though they are definitely getting stronger by quite a bit, but staying fairly short at ~45 seconds duration. I don't feel ready to call the midwife back yet - this could go on for a little while yet before they really ramp up, and I don't want to feel like I'm center stage. Going to at least eat some dinner first. Which, DH just walked in the door with. smile.gif

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#94 of 178 Old 09-28-2011, 04:46 PM

Yeah Leiahs! Enjoy your dinner, and I hope you've got a brand new baby in your arms soon!

Head over heels for DHjoy.gif bonus mama to super sweet DSS (10/9)superhero.gif and mama to DD (10/11)loveeyes.gif! nocirc.gif  sewmachine.gif  goorganic.jpg

#95 of 178 Old 09-28-2011, 04:49 PM

Oh, and I now officially outweigh my husband. angry.gif

saoirse2007 likes this.

Head over heels for DHjoy.gif bonus mama to super sweet DSS (10/9)superhero.gif and mama to DD (10/11)loveeyes.gif! nocirc.gif  sewmachine.gif  goorganic.jpg

#96 of 178 Old 09-28-2011, 05:16 PM

My friends were doing a tandem skydive for his birthday. I'm sure preggos can't jump. But I don't want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane anytime.
I've never been so happy as to be TOO FAT to SKYDIVE!!!

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#97 of 178 Old 09-28-2011, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Leiahs, easy labor dust heading your way!

I thought this was the OCTOBER DDC?! What am I going to do at the end of next month? Even November has already had a baby.

Pi, I'm really sorry you are dealing with that.

I found such a great deal on a stroller today. It's not just a stroller, either, it's like NASA designed it or something, and the add-ons (including an extra child seat with its own canopy and also a bassinet to make it a real pram) are out of this world. Plus it is cute. Some woman bought herself this stroller and then bought every accessory known to man for it and some of them are still in plastic. I got a complete steal. I hadn't purchased a double stroller yet because I hadn't seen the right thing (this is a Valco Baby.) DH was seriously impressed with me!

Speaking of DH, he is trying to work out paternity leave, and it's never really happened at his school before (paid leave.) An administrator just called and I fielded the call since he's putting DS to sleep right now. I hope they give him what he asked for: a week.

Saoirse, why not put some sprigs of thyme and rosemary with that olive oil and cheese cloth. As a professional, I know that a nice bouquet garni does wonders.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#98 of 178 Old 09-28-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

Saoirse, why not put some sprigs of thyme and rosemary with that olive oil and cheese cloth. As a professional, I know that a nice bouquet garni does wonders.

ROTFLMAO.gif 

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#99 of 178 Old 09-28-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post

I called dh at work today...

me: honey I can't find the garlic

dh: it is on the counter

me: no, not that garlicinnocent.gif

dh: bawhhh haaa hhaaaa

biglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gif

Quote:

I thought this was the OCTOBER DDC?! What am I going to do at the end of next month? Even November has already had a baby.

Seriously!  Don't worry, Rosemary- you and I can hang out here till the bitter end! I'm not due until the 23rd

I had my 36w 4d appt today.  Everything's cool.  I told my dr. that I was having even worse breathlessness and some serious dizzyness/nearly passing out anytime I did anything strenuous....she was concerned until she felt the baby's position and she was like "wow....um...yeah...well, that's because this baby is about as high as she can get!  No wonder you can't breathe!"  

Great.  She also checked my cervix and I'm soft and "a fingertip", which we all know is the consolation prize of dilation checks rolleyes.gif  She said she couldn't feel the baby at all, she is still so high. 

So, baby girl needs to boogie down south, asap....I would like to breathe.  And dilate.  I'd love to be able to "walk her down" but walking around the block leaves me seeing stars - how can I walk if I can't breathe?? I'm literally scared I will pass out which would be bad news with DD in tow!!!   Is there anything else I can do to encourage her to drop, even a bit??  Does anyone have any encouraging "baby dropped and was born 3 hours later" stories for me? lol.gif

So, I guess I will have to hang out and live vicariously through those of you having your littles soon!  Leiahs, SO EXCITING!!!!!  I can't wait for your news!!

What else.....I bought two more pillows today.  That brings my total up to 6- I've taken every available pillow in the hosue..  I just can't get comfortable in bed, I'm hoping these will do the trick.  

Had this for supper tonight, one of our favourites - thought you guys might like the recipe.  It sounds like kind of an unlikely combination but it's easy and  delicious.  FIL came for supper and he eats NOTHING except hamburgers and fries and even he had seconds!

http://everydayfoodblog.marthastewart.com/2010/03/todays-recipe-portobello-broccoli-and-red-pepper-melts.html

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#100 of 178 Old 09-28-2011, 06:04 PM

Theboysmama: I am so annoyed, I cannot for the life of me find our copy of welcome with love. And right now would be the perfect time to bust that out again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post

Thanks for the hugs and support. I am having a slightly better day today. Still dealing with some birth anticipation issues, but it will all be over one way or the other soon. I'm just really hoping to avoid the postpartum issues I had last time. (Long story slightly shorter, being anesthetized and having surgery brought back some emotions for me from some difficult things that happened to me as a young woman. I did not see it coming at all -- the events from my past were so very much in the past for me that I hadn't thought about them in years and in fact hadn't ever even bothered to tell DH about them. So, needless to say, I was unprepared for my emotional reaction. I couldn't make sense of it during DS' birth, and ended up with flashbacks and nightmares for months afterward that got very, very bad. I'm terrified of having a reaction like that again.)

~pi I hope this is not an issue again. But I think a lot of that sort of thing is really worse the first time. (I am not talking about PPD, but about the crazy emotions about the past that can come up, as well as just the strange dislocation from your sense of who you are. The most extreme story I've heard was a very good friend who was adopted at 6m after being abandoned in the hospital as an infant had a *really* hard time with sudden memories of rage and abandonment when her son was born. With her second, it was not the same at all. But so many of my mom friends have talked about the very hard weeks after their first, in a variety of ways, and agree that this period of adjustment is much easier the second time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post

emmaegbert - we spend a lot of time talking about genitals around here too. Ds will not believe me about how the baby arrives - he is fairly insistent she will come out of my belly button.

Lifeguard- today my DD stopped nursing at bedtime and sat up and said, "I want to feel the sib" but when I pushed her hand away from my belly button she wailed, "I have to put my finger in there to feel it!" But yes, she was sort of flabbergasted when I told her that the baby would come from my vagina. And she is very proud of learning the new word, "vulva" that became relevant lately as well.

Quote:

she told me to put the garlic in guaze soaked in olive oil next time....

I've also heard people run a string (dental floss) through it and let it hang out for removal later. Like a tampon. I've never tried it but it makes sense- gauze sounds a little uncomfy to me!

Quote:

I have nothing better to do right now, so I'll flood you with another small update.
Midwife declined to do a cervical check, as my water was broken and didn't want to introduce anything foreign for now. So, I'm going by feel at this point. Contractions are now about 3 min apart, but still fairly easy. I can walk through them, talk through them, breathe through them, though they are definitely getting stronger by quite a bit, but staying fairly short at ~45 seconds duration. I don't feel ready to call the midwife back yet - this could go on for a little while yet before they really ramp up, and I don't want to feel like I'm center stage. Going to at least eat some dinner first. Which, DH just walked in the door with. smile.gif

WOW! EXCITING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBruja View Post

Oh, and I now officially outweigh my husband. angry.gif

Haha, my husband is really big so I'd have to gain ANOTHER 30 lbs. Phew. Though I currently weigh what he weighed when we met. Hmmm. Testament to my good cooking?

Quote:

RosemaryS-F I am with you!! (My EDD isn't until Oct 24)

dissertating mom to three

#101 of 178 Old 09-28-2011, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

pi - I hope pp is easier for you this time.

leiahs - yeah, yeah!

weight - I have been heavier than dh a few times during our years together but this time is totally unfair. He started with the nutritionist with me in January & has lost 60lbs since bringing him to the slimmest he's been in our whole relationship. Yeah, not feeling so fabulous next to him right now!

afm - contractions again tonight - nothing new there. But the cervix is definitely opening more & I have copious amounts of cm. Come on baby girl!!!

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#102 of 178 Old 09-28-2011, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

leiahs ...  Very exciting!  Can't wait to read your update!

Again, sorry for lack of personals ... My hands are just in so much pain. 

My update: 

Midwife just left, leaving us with the same labour cocktail that worked like a hot damn last time.  I'm hovering on the pre-e brink (waiting on blood results), so if I do have pre-e, we'll be going to the hospital to get induced.  If the bloodwork comes back okay, then we're good to go for the homebirth.  Either way, I'm taking the cocktail first thing in the morning (in *hopes* of getting some sleep) and we'll see what happens.  The midwife on tonight is talking to the midwife who comes on in the morning and letting her know the details.  She might come and break waters here if the bloodwork is okay.  I'm 7cm and stretchy, with a bulging bag and his head is *right* there. 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#103 of 178 Old 09-28-2011, 08:15 PM
~pi

Leiahs and starling, woo-hoo! Hoping things go, and go well!

Thanks, all. I had a very reassuring appointment today with the high-risk OB and am feeling better and less worried. Trinket, yes, DH knows now (I wasn't keeping it from him, it just was genuinely something so far in the past that it didn't feel relevant to my current life until DS' birth.) And yes, I suspect that even if if I have a similar reaction again, not being completely blindsided will help. Emma, that makes a lot of sense that it can hit hardest the first time. That's an extremely reassuring idea, thank you.

LaBruja, I have pain in the same spot because the babe has had his feet there for four weeks or so now, so all the worst kicks happen there. I went through the same line of questioning (I have had some pretty harsh tension headaches, and nausea has been my companion since February) but since my blood pressure is fine and I am not spilling protein, no one is worried.

Quote:

me: no, not that garlic

biglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gif(For the old-timers: these are the times I miss DDDDCs.)

lifeguard, yes, amazing fall weather here, too. I biked to my appointments today in a tank top and shorts. It was wonderful. Hoping things happen for you soon!

not_telling (and anyone else celebrating the new year), L'Shana Tova! And good to hear that you weren't spilling glucose, but I'm sorry your breakfast was unsatisfying.

theboysmama, that sounds so miserable. I really hope you feel better soon.

Trinket90 and Amy May, I'm glad you are enjoying life as newlyweds. thumb.gif

Jane, lol.gif

Rosemary: 1) It seems like this happens with every DDC. You end up with a spread of about two months on the actual birth dates. Some people join two for that very reason. I personally prefer to just join the one, according to my original EDD. But with both, I've been at the beginning, so if I go early, it at least is not frustrating. With my DS' DDC we actually put together a little award for the last member to give birth. 2) What a great deal on the stroller! Wow! 3) I hope your DH can get leave. 4) Bouquet garni! biglaugh.gifROTFLMAO.gif

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#104 of 178 Old 09-28-2011, 09:42 PM

Well, things have sort of fizzled out a bit over here. I'm frustrated. I feel like I'm on the clock because of my water leaking all day. Midwife is supposed to technically transfer me to the hospital after 24 hours and labor not progressing, and while it felt like it *really, really was* progressing for a while, I've stalled out. I had contractions 2-4 minutes apart for a couple hours, and they were just getting strong enough to radiate into my back. Called the midwife, and we decided I'd call her again when I was having to pause/breathe through them. That never happened. Put the kids to bed, still had good contractions, but they started spacing out a little bit. I wanted to get them coming stronger, so I walked around our little block about 6 times (over about half an hour or so, and briskly). I had contractions *reliably* 2 minutes or less apart, but though they were sometimes stronger, they still weren't slowing me down at yet. Got tired of walking (fingers were starting to swell, I was getting sweaty, etc.), and when I came inside and sat down on my ball, they just sort of stopped. They have been irregular since then, never fully going away, but sometimes back down to 18 minutes, sometimes around 7-10 minutes, but all the really nice strong ones seem to have disappeared. Midwife suggested I just go to bed, but I'm too anxious. And frustrated. How can I sleep like that? And what will tomorrow be like? I know I can technically refuse to go to the hospital and keep laboring (hopefully keep laboring, at least!) past the 24 hours, but I worry. I've never had my water leaking like this before labor was very active.

I'm just greensad.gif

Thought for sure I'd have a baby by now (never had a labor last longer than 9 hours start to finish, and here it's been 14 hours, and I haven't even transitioned from early labor into active labor?!?). I think most of the problem is probably that baby's head is oblique in the pelvis, so not putting direct pressure on my cervix. I've been trying to walk a lot, stay upright, do cat/cows, hip circles on my ball, lunges, squats... but I can't tell if it's helping. greensad.gif

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#105 of 178 Old 09-29-2011, 04:11 AM

sorry Leiahs, how annoying! MWs keep warning me about having flexible expectations (I had two pretty quick and easy labors in the past... but its hard!)

I ordered my birth pool last night. Despite the fact that I didn't manage to actually USE the birth pool for the birth either other time, I figure maybe third time is the charm....

#106 of 178 Old 09-29-2011, 04:22 AM

It is almost 730 in the morning and I hope Leiahs has had both a good rest and a baby :)

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#107 of 178 Old 09-29-2011, 06:35 AM

starling - I hope it happens soon for you. What's in the cocktail?

leiahs - I hope it picks up & you get your homebirth.

afm - my Mom is taking ds for the day (she usually does one day a week) & I've been contracting for the past 2 hours but I'm sitting here frustrated & irritated. I really don't want to spend ANOTHER day feeling miserable & uncomfortable. Dh is becoming less understanding as well. I can't blame him - this is really getting old for all of us. One week until my scheduled induction - sounds like a looooooong time from here but at least I have an end in sight.

#108 of 178 Old 09-29-2011, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post

starling - I hope it happens soon for you. What's in the cocktail?

Yeah. If you can manage to type it out for us (I have time, so no rush for me) that would be really nice. I also hope that you're in active labor right now. :)

Leiahs, I am feeling for you right now. It is so hard to feel that you're getting going and then to have it stop and start and be irregular. Really hard.

Mom is coming today (she lives 2 hours away, but comes to visit us every Thursday). I'm really happy that she still does that because it gives us something nice to do and a reliable outing or some babysitting weekly. And she takes us out to lunch. I swear, the reason that ds is so well-behaved in restaurants is because he's gone to a nice lunch every week of his life!

DDC: I know that there are people due early in the month, and I could have very easily joined the November club, but posting in both sounded like too much and I like this one SO much. Tank and I have the same due date, which is Halloween. I guess my baby looks more like a 29th than a 31st baby, but I don't really put any stock in that!

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#109 of 178 Old 09-29-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:

DDC: I know that there are people due early in the month, and I could have very easily joined the November club, but posting in both sounded like too much and I like this one SO much. Tank and I have the same due date, which is Halloween. I guess my baby looks more like a 29th than a 31st baby, but I don't really put any stock in that!

Ditto - I kind've poked my nose into November for awhile....but October was so much better lol.gif  

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#110 of 178 Old 09-29-2011, 08:22 AM

Here's the recipes:

cervical ripening tea:

1 liter water to boil

add:

1 medium cinnamon stick

10 cloves

1-2 cm ginger root

turn heat low and simmer for 15 minutes

add:

2 drops verbena oil and let all sit for 10 mins

sip the tea over one hour.  Drink all the tea in this time.  If you want to change the taste, add a bit of juice.  Drink this tea once a day for two days in a row.

labour cocktail:

5 drops verbena oil

1 cup apricot, orange or pineapple juice

2 tbs castor oil

2 tbs almond or peanut butter

Mix the above into up to 2 cups of liquid ... you can eat the almond or peanut butter off the spoon before you drink the cocktail if you want.

Repeat every 5-6 hours, up to three times.

I just took my cocktail.  I'm not doing the tea this time, being that I'm already at 7 cm.  DP made the cocktail into a shake with a bit of extra juice and half a frozen banana and a bit of protein powder.  Last time it worked great, brought me three centimetres further in a few hours.  I still needed my waters broken, and likely will this time too.  We'll see what happens, and what the midwife says about breaking waters. 

saoirse2007 and AKislandgirl like this.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#111 of 178 Old 09-29-2011, 09:22 AM

I am not due until the 25th....

first was due dec 20 came Jan1st

second was a week late

the Nov board is not hoppin like this one for sure, but they mostly post on that new private board thingy...

I keep forgetting to drink my rrl tea....midwife wants me to drink nettle tea too....just got to get off my arse and drive the 1/2 hr into town to get some :)

going to put the kettle on for rrl now;)

come on babies....there are lates Sept girls on here too - wonder if any of them are overdue yet....maybe a few overdue from Sept board will pop in to see us!

#112 of 178 Old 09-29-2011, 09:28 AM

Leiahs baby is here!!!!

I almost missed it because I usually only look at subscriptions!!!

#113 of 178 Old 09-29-2011, 09:33 AM

Leiahs and Starling: Crossing fingers for you! Thanks for sharing the cocktail Starling! I hope it works again for you!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#114 of 178 Old 09-29-2011, 09:49 AM

Leiahs has a baby!  Hurray for babies!!

I just started pounding RRL + nettle tea like it's my job.  I made a big superstrong batch (with added Thai chili peppers for my sore throat!) and put it in the fridge, so now I have this icy cool spicy tea infusion to drink all the time.  I don't know if it really makes any difference, but it's yummy and it feels so medicinal.  I like it.

Does anyone have thoughts about adding black cohosh for cervix ripening?  Probably it's too aggressive at 38.5 weeks, but maybe I'd be tempted in another week or two.

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#115 of 178 Old 09-29-2011, 11:04 AM

Hi ladies! I haven't been very active in the DDC, but I have been reading along with the chat threads for the past couple of weeks and thought I should at least say hello.

Those of you dealing with toddlers - I am with you. DS is 27 months old, and has been...challenging at best, lately. A friend came over with her 8-week old DS a couple weeks ago, and I got a little peek into what life will be like in a couple of weeks - I have to say I'm terrified. My DS is a sweet and gentle kid (for a 2-year old boy, anyway) but he's going to need a lot of "training" regarding being a big brother.

AFM - I'm 36+5 today, and really getting uncomfortable. Baby dropped about a week ago, and I'm not loving the constant pressure on my cervix and twinges that happen whenever I move. We're really doing a poor job at getting things/the house ready for baby, but I can't stop hoping that this baby comes SOON - I'm feeling really ready to not be pregnant anymore, and I don't like thinking about the fact that it could be 3-5 more weeks before we meet our little one. On a more positive front, I found out the other day that I'm GBS negative (was positive with DS) - so thankful!

RE: DTD - I'm one that has little to no sex drive while pregnant, and find it uncomfortable even in the beginning, long before my belly gets huge. My poor DH...he's lucky if he gets it once a week.

Wife to my hubby and SAHM to two boys -  DS1 (2) and DS2 (newborn).  Forever missing our three angels in Heaven. 

#116 of 178 Old 09-29-2011, 11:06 AM

Thanks for the recipe Starling. I may be giving it a try. I don't have all the ingredients but tonight dh is playing ball hockey & is trying to convince me to come into the city with him to get me out of the house for a bit so I could pick stuff up then.

Just got home from my u/s. The technician today said she went through 2 weeks of prodromal labour with her 2nd child - she's the first person I've talked to irl who's gone through this. I was contracting during the u/s. Very uneventful. Baby is still on the same growth curve putting her at 8lbs 4oz with a crazy +/- of over 1lb at this point, so kind of meaningless. Ds was 8lb 9oz at 39 weeks when he was born so it sounds fairly ok to me.

#117 of 178 Old 09-29-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:

Yah and this is my first baby so of course I will probably go 2 weeks late!  I started looking at both the Oct DDC and Nov DDC and now I like the flow of this one much better even though I will most likely have this babe in Nov.  I don't post much anyway but I like being at the end sometimes so I can read tons of birth stories and stories leading up to labor before I go into labor even if it is a little fustrating that I probably won't go into labor for quite some time.

I really think my lungs are running out of room.  I am fine when I am upright but when I sit down I am having a hard time breathing correctly.  Blah.  I think it's cause he is so far up right now. 

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#118 of 178 Old 09-29-2011, 04:19 PM

well just be careful that you don't get too complacent with that assumption that your first will be late! I was sure my first (due Nov 24) would come late (my academic quarter ended Dec 3 and I was SURE I would make it to the end of classes w/out having a baby. I was doing all my work so that I would clear out finals week). Instead he was born Nov 11 and shoot. I literally had only a carseat, diapers, and some clothes I'd gotten as gifts. (turns out that is all babies need). I was totally blindsided!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post

Yah and this is my first baby so of course I will probably go 2 weeks late!  I started looking at both the Oct DDC and Nov DDC and now I like the flow of this one much better even though I will most likely have this babe in Nov.  I don't post much anyway but I like being at the end sometimes so I can read tons of birth stories and stories leading up to labor before I go into labor even if it is a little fustrating that I probably won't go into labor for quite some time.

I really think my lungs are running out of room.  I am fine when I am upright but when I sit down I am having a hard time breathing correctly.  Blah.  I think it's cause he is so far up right now.  

#119 of 178 Old 09-29-2011, 05:01 PM

DDC: I'm also very late in the month. I probably will be able to post more near the end, because as I get less and less mobile I am online more and more. And I am excited to read so many birth stories before I get there myself! Also, I did post a few times in the Nov DDC, but it seemed so slow to get started and then I didn't really mesh there too well. I do here, although you wouldn't know it since I seldom post. I do read quite a bit, though.

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#120 of 178 Old 09-29-2011, 05:22 PM

Well, crap.  I took two doses of the induction cocktail, had eight hours of painful contractions six minutes apart each lasting more than a minute, and then when she comes, she told us that she didn't want to break my bag of waters because she has four other labouring mamas right now and I've been bumped to the bottom of her triage list because my bloodwork is fine (YAY!).  So, now I'm labouring with no end in sight (Yes, I know there *is* an end), but I feel totally set up.  I told the midwife last night that I did not want to take the cocktail only to not have my waters broken.  And what happens?  Just that! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page