Ooh.. just hangin' out - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2011, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebugmom View Post

I had my OB appointment this morning, at 40 weeks 2 days my cervix is high, closed and posterior. shake.gif  I have to give the OB credit, instead of announcing that I was going to be induced, he asked how I felt about it. He said he didn't like me to go more than 10 or 11 days past my due date. Frankly, right now I don't like it much either. I agreed to schedule an induction for Tuesday the 11th, which is 11 days after my due date. So... unless the little dude suddenly gets the message (unlikely, because he seems wayyyyy too comfortable in there), I will be hanging out for another week. 

*hugs*

Im quickly approaching my 40 week appointment and Im really really hoping that my cervix has changed....Im set to wait until 42 weeks but I DONT WANT TO!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2011, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

((hugs)) Iris. He could come before then for sure. My first son was 11 days late. It was so hard waiting for him to come but the birth (and him of course) were so worth the wait!

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

Old 10-03-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicolian View Post

I think this is the hardest part. It could be any day now.. OOOR it could be another month. :/

Yeah, this exactly. I'm 38wks4days and have been having all kinds of crampiness, regular and intense contractions that peter out after an hour or two, cm, etc. etc...add to that the fact that at my midwife appt last week she said it looked like my body was getting ready, and on Friday my chiropractor said the same thing...every day that I wake up still pregnant I'm just like...ARGH! I am horrified at the thought that I could possibly not have my baby for another 3 or 4 weeks.

P.S. Nicolian we have the same due date :)

Head over heels for DHjoy.gif bonus mama to super sweet DSS (10/9)superhero.gif and mama to DD (10/11)loveeyes.gif! nocirc.gif  sewmachine.gif  goorganic.jpg

Old 10-03-2011, 02:18 PM

I was overdue with my first two kiddos...I hope third time is the charm...due 25th

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

Old 10-03-2011, 03:31 PM

I've been pregnant longer each time.  My first baby was 38 weeks, second 39+6, and third 40+3.  If my trend continues I have another couple weeks to go.  And baby is high, and I have no signs of labor.  Sigh....

Old 10-07-2011, 12:21 PM

Just in case I'm missing something--- cervix ripening is encouraged by:  sex, EPO, pineapple, and walking?  Am I missing any key home remedies?  Because Operation Evacuation is going into full swing today and I don't want to miss anything.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:10 PM

At 40 weeks and 6 days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyMom View Post

I had "poo cramps" all night long and when they would start I would be all "MAYBE ITS A CONTRACTION!!"....Then I would fart.... :(

All the freaking time.  Every night this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulWife View PostI need to stop reading birth stories. shake.gif

I have stopped.  I just can't handle it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snugglebugmom View Post

I had my OB appointment this morning, at 40 weeks 2 days my cervix is high, closed and posterior. shake.gif  I have to give the OB credit, instead of announcing that I was going to be induced, he asked how I felt about it. He said he didn't like me to go more than 10 or 11 days past my due date. Frankly, right now I don't like it much either. I agreed to schedule an induction for Tuesday the 11th, which is 11 days after my due date. So... unless the little dude suddenly gets the message (unlikely, because he seems wayyyyy too comfortable in there), I will be hanging out for another week. 

Got you beat!  High, closed, and posterior at 40 weeks 6 days.  My MWs don't induce until 14 days after due date, and then only if you want to.  I know that's good (or I keep telling myself so), but I'm soooo uncomfortable and tired and bored.  I am the only one left from my prenatal class who hasn't given birth, and our FB page is full of baby pics and everybody talking about the newborn class starting this week.  I won't be in that class...  It's the getting left behind that makes it worse - all the stuff you went through together, and they're onto new stuff, and I'm still, well, just hangin' out.

Cristina, mama to Isabel.  knit.gif Oh how I miss knitting.  And sleeping.  I miss sleeping.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:22 PM

I am 41+2 today . . . DS went to 41+5 before I was induced, then ended up with a c-section. Docs are reluctant to induce with a VBAC, which is good on one hand, but I am so much more DONE than I was with my first pregnancy.

I don't read birth stories. I just can't.

We are walking, bouncing on the birth ball, EPO, sex . . . well - sometimes. It's really not comfortable, and I think if it makes me tense up, it really may not help much. I need to relax down there, not the other way around.

I've been 2 cm (or 1.5, depending on the doc) for 3 weeks, and have gone to 50% effaced . . . baby's head is high-ish (at least when they check - she moves lower sometimes, I swear!) - If she doesn't come this weekend, I go for a BPP on Monday (41+5) and to discuss options . . one good thing is they have my EDC a week later than it really is, so by their count I would be just 40+5. but still. If they think I'm favorable for a low, low pit induction I think I might agree to it. (as opposed to scheduling a RCS)  But really hoping she chooses to come before then!

The worst part is, I'm still working! and I don't want to be!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 10-07-2011, 01:27 PM

What's EPO?

Cristina, mama to Isabel.  knit.gif Oh how I miss knitting.  And sleeping.  I miss sleeping.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Evening primrose oil. :)

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

Old 10-07-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puente View Post

Just in case I'm missing something--- cervix ripening is encouraged by:  sex, EPO, pineapple, and walking?  Am I missing any key home remedies?  Because Operation Evacuation is going into full swing today and I don't want to miss anything.

Spicy foods, nipple stimulation and castor oil (if you're really desperate!).

I had an appointment today and totally shocked myself by asking them to strip my membranes. I wasn't even going to ask to be checked, let alone have them strip my membranes but I. Am. Done! So, in a moment of desperation, I asked (well, begged is more like it) lol.gif  She said I was about 1 cm dilated so she did what she called a "very aggressive strip". It hurt like a son of a gun. She said she was able to stretch me to "2ish". Whatever. Just get the baby out. LOL! That was late this morning and I've had semi-regular contractions since then, but they're all over the map. Anywhere between 8-20 minutes apart. I was having contractions before the strip so I don't know whether to contribute anything to what she did or whether it's just a coincidence. In any event, I would be thrilled to have this baby over the weekend. I've already made it much further than any of us thought I would (my bp is still shockingly low and no protein in the urine! YAY!).

If I do make it to this next week then I have to start twice weekly doctor visits with being hooked up to monitors both times. I wouldn't mind avoiding that ;)

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Old 10-07-2011, 04:29 PM

I am only 37+3 but so willing :)

my first 2 were over due...come on surprise me!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

Old 10-07-2011, 06:05 PM

Anyone else have a hard time believing labor will ever happen?  I feel no change in my body.  Baby seems so settled high up in my belly, I don't even see how it's possible she'll move her head down.  I KNOW it's possible, it has to happen sometime, but it's just so hard to picture how.  

I'm scared I'll get to 41+6 and then I have to make a decision about induction.  I really really don't want to be induced, but also I don't want the fetal distress or meconium or whatever that supposedly increases after 42 weeks.  Also, after 42 weeks my midwives will transfer me to high risk OBs, and I dealt them earlier in the pregnancy when the low fluid panic happened.  Some of them I met were okay, some of them were complete social imbeciles.  Can I deal with having one of them in my grill while I try to deliver naturally at 42+?

I'm 39+4 today, so I have lots of time to resolve this before it comes to that.  It's just hard to have that confidence that things will work right in my body.  My mom went to 43ish with me, and then I was so poorly positioned (brow presentation) that she actively labored for 30 hours or something like that before having a section when I started crashing.  

Anyway, depending on how my cervix looks next week I may let them do a strip.  I'm also trying to move around a lot to encourage the baby to move down and stay in a good body position.  

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

Old 10-07-2011, 06:45 PM

the baby has been on my cervix for a few weeks! I am 37+3

thurs the MW could barely get to the head just shoulders it was sooo deep down there...measuring a week behind now instead of a week ahead like I was...still nothing

Old 10-07-2011, 07:52 PM

Alright.  I'm joining you ladies on this thread now.  I've been having contractions for weeks now, on and off,  and every day that goes by with no actual labor makes me think I'm just going to be pregnant forever.  Yesterday at my MW appt I was 4 cm dilated, 50% effaced, cervix is anterior, and baby's head is low.  I've lost my mucous plug (twice) and had some bloody mucous tonight. I really don't see any good reason I shouldn't be in labor!  But still no contractions that are intense or regular enough to make me think labor is happening anytime soon. 

And ya know, it's not the discomfort of pregnancy so much as the uncertainty of when it's going to finally happen that has me wanting to just be done already!

I'm still only 39 wks 1 day, but DS was born at 39 weeks, and all these contractions were really making me think this baby would be here by now.  So now I'm feeling overdue!

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!
Old 10-08-2011, 01:45 PM

haha my first was born at 38 weeks. Darn him! So then my 40+4 girl felt so "late"... heck if I go to 41 or 42 I will be driving myself nuts.

almost 38 weeks (Monday). Still here! Nothing much! Tired, sore, etc, etc, etc.

fortunately MWs are very relaxed. They say everything looks good. They want me to consider fetal monitoring starting at 41 weeks but won't insist. they scheduled prenatals through 42 weeks and then said, lets wait to schedule any more. Lol.

thank goodness, they do home visits! so at least I don't have to add schlepping to the MWs office all the time to my list of stuff to do...

dissertating mom to three

Old 10-08-2011, 01:48 PM

oh, and I am now the most pregnant one at my prenatal yoga class. (there are ladies 1 and 2 weeks "behind" me).

dissertating mom to three

Old 10-08-2011, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Thankfully I am not that impatient to have this baby. That will start when I am overdue, but right now I'm not even officially full term yet--Monday is 37 weeks.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:10 PM

Well, after the strip yesterday my contractions kinda petered out (some here and there but nothing time-able) but I've started losing my mucus plug. Woo! I know that could mean nothing, but I'm hoping it's a step in the right direction thumb.gif

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Old 10-08-2011, 03:23 PM

Steph my dr stripped my membranes on Thursday (YE-OUCH!!) and I had contractions that night that petered out. Since then I've been seeing lots of mucous but that's pretty much it. I am pretty sure this baby is staying in until Monday when my mil leaves. Hopefully I'll be able to relax enough to go into labour then.

I'm starting to get a kick out of the look on people's faces when they ask me when I'm due and I say 'last week.' People keep asking how I am and how I'm feeling... I don't think they really want an honest answer though...

partners.gif Married to an awesome dh for 5 years. energy.gifSweetpea, our honeymoon baby! (06/07), biggrinbounce.gif Little man (04/09), and rolleyes.gif our newest little guy (10/11).

Old 10-08-2011, 04:46 PM

My friend who was due in November had her baby earlier this week.  Now I'm starting to feel like it's my turn!

Old 10-08-2011, 06:25 PM

I'm definitely requesting a membrane sweep this week - my Dr. said she would start at 38 weeks since I was induced due to a BP spike with DD and we really want to avoid that.

I can't wait to be on the other side of this!!

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

User Tag List