Ooh.. just hangin' out - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 52 Old 10-01-2011, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know there's a lot of us left, but all these awesome birth announcements are leaving me anxious and excited to meet my baby! There's no point to this thread, really. I just feel like I'm hanging out, waiting around now. And I've gone overdue with both previous pregnancies, so I don't know why I let myself get so psyched. Who knows.. maybe this one will be different?

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#2 of 52 Old 10-01-2011, 05:41 PM

me too! though I have one of each (38w and 40w4d) so trying to at once actually get ready, and on the other hand, remember it could be another month. We have prenatals scheduled through November 2nd...

dissertating mom to three

#3 of 52 Old 10-01-2011, 05:44 PM

Same here...Im not due till the 7th and have plans to wait until the 19th for induction discussion but at this point I just want him out and in my arms!!!

I jump at every little pressure wave or BH and then get all disappointed... :(

#4 of 52 Old 10-01-2011, 05:48 PM

Yup, just hanging out.  No baby drop, no signs of labor whatsoever.  I bet I'll be pregnant another three weeks, which would make me 12 days past due date.  

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#5 of 52 Old 10-01-2011, 05:52 PM

wave.gif  Hanging out too. I'm 38w3d right now and I was just thinking earlier today that we started my ds's eviction process at 38w5d. I will be 38w5d on Monday, which just happens to be my ds's 8th birthday. DS really wants baby born on his birthday, but it's looking like Sunburst is pretty comfy in there and in no hurry to come on out. Assuming everything is going fine (no bp issues, no protein, etc) then we'll discuss eviction notices at 41 weeks (10-19) so I still have a little ways to go.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#6 of 52 Old 10-01-2011, 06:01 PM

Jasper has dropped this past week but I went from 2 centimeters at my 37 week appointment to barely 1 at my 39 week.

My OB could tell I was all frowny faced and told me not to be discouraged but it stung...

#7 of 52 Old 10-01-2011, 06:27 PM

Mine dropped over a week ago...and I started feeling more BH and a bit "AF-ish" - I had this hope that I would hit 37 weeks (today) and magically go into labor. No such luck. I haven't felt further from delivering in weeks. Everything is going well, thank goodness, but carrying baby low isn't exactly comfortable. It could be nearly 5 more weeks for me - but I really hope baby doesn't wait that long to show up!

Wife to my hubby and SAHM to two boys -  DS1 (2) and DS2 (newborn).  Forever missing our three angels in Heaven. 

#8 of 52 Old 10-01-2011, 06:34 PM

I'm due today. After a week of prodromal labor, I've had no sign of labor for days now. I'm frustrated and grumpy and I just really want my baby here.

#9 of 52 Old 10-01-2011, 06:36 PM

Same here. Baby is really low or "right there" as my doc said but I was only dilated 1cm on Wednesday. I'm 38 weeks tmrw. Does the babies head being really low mean that anything could happen sooner rather than later?

Hannah, Wife to R , Mama to Alexander, born 2-15-08,
and Gabriel, born 10-17-11. Ask me about cleft lip and palate!
signcirc1.gif

#10 of 52 Old 10-01-2011, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I'll be right here for you gals. I don't expect my baby girl until the 29th at the soonest.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#11 of 52 Old 10-01-2011, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

I'm due the 13th but feeling the 23rd for some unknown reason. Here's to hoping I'm wrong! DS1 was 11 days overdue so it wouldn't be the worst. Just trying to look at the bright side..

I think this is the hardest part. It could be any day now.. OOOR it could be another month. :/

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#12 of 52 Old 10-01-2011, 08:14 PM

I don't think it's one of the good things about a DDC. There is good stuff here, but at a certain point, it always happens that it gets people feeling left behind or overdue before time.
We are social. We need connection. I get something I need here at MDC - see post count!!
But we shouldn't really have 100 friends due at the same time. It's weird.

I've got my baby in my arms, but he's only here because I got sick. My body couldn't support us both any longer. He got kicked out before he was ready. I had to be induced, with all that entails, risk-wise, for me and him.
It worked out okay, but it was nerve wracking for me.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#13 of 52 Old 10-01-2011, 08:46 PM
~pi

In my oh-so-vast experience (one other DDC) the unevenness sucks, but it is temporary. Eventually, no one is pregnant anymore, and instead you have a group of mothers with babies and then kids the same age. Of course, I've had it easy as I've been on the early side both times.

hug.gif to anyone who is having hard time with the waiting.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#14 of 52 Old 10-01-2011, 09:18 PM

Hello and goodbye EDD. whistling.gif

We did go see "The Help" and had a delicious seafood dinner out though. Not a bad way to spend a day.
#15 of 52 Old 10-02-2011, 06:52 AM

40 weeks 1 day today, and no signs of actual labor yet. I wake up every night with killer menstrual type cramping, which will last about two to three hours, and then I fall asleep and that's the end of that. I've been feeling like I'm battling a gastro-intestinal bug for the past two weeks, and I'm getting kind of sick of it. I don't know if it qualifies as prodromal labor or not, but it sure is annoying. I've also been getting tons of poking and kicking on my right side, which leads me to believe that the kid managed to turn transverse again. At this point I am so sick of it all!

Sorry, just had to vent for a bit. So yeah, I'm still just hanging out as well. 

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#16 of 52 Old 10-02-2011, 07:09 AM

I had "poo cramps" all night long and when they would start I would be all "MAYBE ITS A CONTRACTION!!"....Then I would fart.... :(

#17 of 52 Old 10-02-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyMom View Post

I had "poo cramps" all night long and when they would start I would be all "MAYBE ITS A CONTRACTION!!"....Then I would fart.... :(

Flippin' heck you crack me up!!!!!

needed that...some crooked today....grr

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#18 of 52 Old 10-02-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:

ROTFLMAO.gif

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#19 of 52 Old 10-02-2011, 08:14 AM

39 weeks today!  No one has expected me to make it this far, baby has been sitting way way down (like his bum is at my belly button, and I'm only 5ft 2in) for what weeks, been having prodromal labour for 3 weeks, lost my mucous plug, had my bloody show.......and here I sit sans baby.  Soon enough baby will come.  Maybe I'm annoyed because dh won't do anything on his "prebaby to do list" and if I have the baby then he would get off his bum and do it....hmmm maybe that's my problem.

Tricia
Canadian Mama to E 2yrs
Someone new coming October!
#20 of 52 Old 10-02-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:

OMG, TOTALLY!!!!! ROTFLMAO.gif

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#21 of 52 Old 10-02-2011, 01:33 PM

Has anyone else had some weird popping feelings when bearing down to poo or pee?

I have had it twice today, almost like in my cervix area...its not my pubic bone shifting...its..weird.

#22 of 52 Old 10-02-2011, 05:38 PM

Well... I'm due tomorrow... but oh.so.done. with being pregnant. The pelvic and hip pain is about to drive me around the bend! Someone suggested I eat a whole bunch of pineapple so dh is going to bring some home. I'm not sure I believe it will do anything but at least it will help me to feel like I'm trying.

I need to stop reading birth stories. shake.gif

partners.gif Married to an awesome dh for 5 years. energy.gifSweetpea, our honeymoon baby! (06/07), biggrinbounce.gif Little man (04/09), and rolleyes.gif our newest little guy (10/11).

#23 of 52 Old 10-02-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulWife View Post

Well... I'm due tomorrow... but oh.so.done. with being pregnant. The pelvic and hip pain is about to drive me around the bend! Someone suggested I eat a whole bunch of pineapple so dh is going to bring some home. I'm not sure I believe it will do anything but at least it will help me to feel like I'm trying.I need to stop reading birth stories. shake.gif

I feel you on the pelvic/hip pain :(

I cannot roll over in bed or bend to put my undies on without feeling like Im falling apart.

Im due in 4 days.

#24 of 52 Old 10-02-2011, 06:52 PM

Yep, I'm up many times every night and sometimes for several hours because my hips and/or back and/or arms and wrists are just so sore.  I get a lot of intestinal cramps too and try to convince myself they could be contractions.  

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#25 of 52 Old 10-02-2011, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

So, maybe my complaining has caused some good? I have been having contractions all night. Or.. maybe nothing will come of it. We'll see I guess.

#26 of 52 Old 10-03-2011, 05:07 AM

Good luck, Nicole! Keep us posted if you can!

#27 of 52 Old 10-03-2011, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter

Still here! I slept pretty well last night, though I did wake up to a few contractions. I only had to pee once. Amazing. No contractions so far this morning. I'm going grocery shopping this morning so I wonder if all the walking will get it started again. I bet it was happening yesterday because I walked all over Ikea.

#28 of 52 Old 10-03-2011, 06:59 AM

Chances are that I will be around here for a while too.....waiting for this little guy to come! I'm not due until the 25th. But, I am telling him all the time that he is welcome to come anytime now :) I haven't had any BH or contractions yet. No signs of labor. I did start taking EPO orally last week, and will start doing it orally and vaginally next week. Had my midwife appointment yesterday, and he is still head down, but face up. So, looks like I will be doing cat/cow to get him to turn. 

It's only 10am here and I am exhausted! Working up until I go into labor might be quite hard......

Chelsea, loving mama to Landon, born 11/3

#29 of 52 Old 10-03-2011, 09:38 AM

Girls, I feel your pain.  I'm not due until the 23rd and the thought of waiting that long, or longer...makes me want to weep.  I feel so DONE already!  I want to sleep and breathe and eat again.  At the same time though - I have been watching some birth videos and I'm not altogether sure I want to do the whole birth thing again.........so, I'm having some anxiety about how soon this is going to happen!

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#30 of 52 Old 10-03-2011, 09:40 AM

I had my OB appointment this morning, at 40 weeks 2 days my cervix is high, closed and posterior. shake.gif  I have to give the OB credit, instead of announcing that I was going to be induced, he asked how I felt about it. He said he didn't like me to go more than 10 or 11 days past my due date. Frankly, right now I don't like it much either. I agreed to schedule an induction for Tuesday the 11th, which is 11 days after my due date. So... unless the little dude suddenly gets the message (unlikely, because he seems wayyyyy too comfortable in there), I will be hanging out for another week. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page