Contractions STOPPED after my Stretch and Sweep.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-04-2011, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Or as my husband thought I said on the phone: "Stretch and Seek"....LOL!

So today, I was having contractions every 5-11 minutes all day, which is nothing new because it's been this way (and often closer together) for over 3 weeks now. My EDD was yesterday, and I'm officially more than 2 weeks "more" pregnant than I have ever been, so I feel R_E_A_D_Y!!!

When I went to the MW, I found out I had dilated a WHOLE 1 CM since LAST WEEK, taking me to a whopping 2.5cm...but she said my cervix was very soft and stretchy, and asked if I wanted her to do a "Stretch and Seek" (teehee)

I said ok, but here's the weird thing....my contractions have now completely stopped! (?) Isn't this supposed to have the opposite effect!?

Anyone experience this?

Mother of reading.gif, REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifjammin.gif and babyf.gifborn Oct. 5th after angel.gif  angel.gif angel.gif. Social Media Manager and writer by day, Bloomin' Belly Soap maker by night.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 02:02 PM

Yup.  Was having CXs mixed with BHs starting around 36.5-37wks then had my 38wk MW apt and had my membranes stripped....CXs stopped.  They did start up again a few days later but very infrequently.  I was bummed but am over it now :).  At my 38wk apt I was 90% effaced, 2cm dilated and -1 station so thought it would help keep progress going - oh well....I'm still preggy and my EDD is 10/6.

Knitting mama to Crabby Patty and Lovebug .

Old 10-04-2011, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

It's probably more of a coincidence rather than a cause & effect. I've been having prodromal labour for almost 3 weeks now & have tried several things to get it going for real including trying to stretch & sweep my own cervix but it didn't work - I'm sure it was not the best idea in the world but really I was feeling awfully desperate. I'm rather convinced now that the prodromal labour is not indicative of labour starting soon at all. Totally frustrating but it WILL eventually happen for us!!!

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Old 10-04-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post

It's probably more of a coincidence rather than a cause & effect. I've been having prodromal labour for almost 3 weeks now & have tried several things to get it going for real including trying to stretch & sweep my own cervix but it didn't work - I'm sure it was not the best idea in the world but really I was feeling awfully desperate. I'm rather convinced now that the prodromal labour is not indicative of labour starting soon at all. Totally frustrating but it WILL eventually happen for us!!!

I can't say that this hasn't crossed my mind.
The other day I was sitting at the table going through a bunch of my craft stuff with my sister and organizing. I pulled out my crochet hooks and knitting needles...I have a super long crochet hook, and looked at it for a couple of seconds, like "hmmmm"...my sister snatched it up and said "I know what you're thinking! absoloutely not!!!"

haha. I wouldn't REALLY break my own water...but a stretch and sweep? If I could reach...hells yeah.

Mama to Reuben (8) and Zeke (7)fencing.gif and baby girl, Lötte babyf.gif
Illustrator/designer of children's media and rubber stamps.  blogging.jpg

Old 10-05-2011, 06:43 AM

yikes2.gifhuh.gif <-- me, thinking of breaking my own water.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

Old 10-05-2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrabelle View Post

I can't say that this hasn't crossed my mind.The other day I was sitting at the table going through a bunch of my craft stuff with my sister and organizing. I pulled out my crochet hooks and knitting needles...I have a super long crochet hook, and looked at it for a couple of seconds, like "hmmmm"...my sister snatched it up and said "I know what you're thinking! absoloutely not!!!"haha. I wouldn't REALLY break my own water...but a stretch and sweep? If I could reach...hells yeah. 

twins.gif  Love it

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

Old 10-05-2011, 12:01 PM

Maybe I shouldn't have been so surprised then when my husband knocked on the bathroom door and asked "Are you breaking your water in there?" after I'd been in awhile. smile.gif

Alicia + James = Gabriel (9), Uriah (7), Ayla (5), Noah (3), Azriel (1), and due Oct. 2011

Old 10-05-2011, 02:03 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Corrabelle, you just made my day lol.gif

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:09 PM

haha, pathetic, isn't it?!

Mama to Reuben (8) and Zeke (7)fencing.gif and baby girl, Lötte babyf.gif
Illustrator/designer of children's media and rubber stamps.  blogging.jpg

User Tag List