Prodromal labor? Heading towards the real thing? Who knows? Vent here. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-06-2011, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Last night I had attention-getting and painful contractions.  They weren't regular but they certainly felt like they could turn into something more.  All the usual tricks didn't work.  I took Cal-Mag, I took a long soak, I showered, etc.  In addition I had diarrhea.  I've been losing a lot of mucus for days now, and last night some of it was blood-tinged.  

This morning...still dealing with a very crampy and angry uterus, but no trots, and the mucus seems to have disappeared.  I'm only 37w6d so I'd be shocked if it turned into something real.  It's probably just my body's way of preparing.  

So, yay!

Loving wife to a wonderful and Godly man, hug.gif  and SAHM to two beautiful boys, DS1, natural hospital birth (2/2010) and DS2, beautiful homebirth (10/2011) cd.gifnursex2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 10-06-2011, 06:22 PM

i am 37 &2 and crampy today...it got me a bit hopeful...lol

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#3 of 9 Old 10-06-2011, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Still cramping over here.  Definitely more than just Braxton Hicks.  Definitely more than what I felt during all the early labor I had with DS.  I've passed quite a lot of blood-tinged mucus.  This is the longest stretch I've ever had.  Most episodes only last 6-8 hours.  

Midwife says to rest up, it could be soon or it could be awhile still.  We have the birth tub just in case.  thumb.gif

Loving wife to a wonderful and Godly man, hug.gif  and SAHM to two beautiful boys, DS1, natural hospital birth (2/2010) and DS2, beautiful homebirth (10/2011) cd.gifnursex2.gif

#4 of 9 Old 10-06-2011, 09:01 PM

39weeks now, first started losing mucus 2 weeks ago.  Kiddo is dropped low and I have occasional contractions/low back pain, but nothing is really moving.  I know all the little things are signs that labor is coming, but it could mean tomorrow or 2 weeks from now.  This is my first baby, so the waiting game is new to me.  I wasn't expecting there to be this much uncertainty about starting labor!

#5 of 9 Old 10-07-2011, 07:44 AM

pseudodiva; sounds like your body is prepping, and getting ready. That's great! All the little things happening now mean they dont have to happen when labor really does start. Like you know, it could be soon, it could be weeks, so just take it easy and let it happen, although I'm betting you won't make it to late October!

Saamy Student mama to  superhero.gifand hearts.gifand babyf.gif

#6 of 9 Old 10-07-2011, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Sunanthem!  I am trying to stay positive.  All has been quiet today.  My midwife advised us to just watch movies, get a nice walk in, and not think about it too much.  My EDD is October 22.  My son was 11 days late so I've had it in my mind that this baby would be late too.  Maybe I'll have a pleasant surprise!  

#7 of 9 Old 10-07-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PseudoDiva View Post

Thanks, Sunanthem!  I am trying to stay positive.  All has been quiet today.  My midwife advised us to just watch movies, get a nice walk in, and not think about it too much.  My EDD is October 22.  My son was 11 days late so I've had it in my mind that this baby would be late too.  Maybe I'll have a pleasant surprise!  

I have the same due date with you and haven't had much of anything but braxton hicks contractions! My last baby went to 43 weeks so I'm not counting on anything happening this early. Plus I'm not ready! I tend to have prodromal labor for a week or more before too and that hasn't started up yet. It sounds like you are getting closer!!

#8 of 9 Old 10-08-2011, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Um...How can I tell if my water is leaking?  Last time it broke with a gush and was very obvious.  All night I have been quite moist down there (odd for me up to the past week) and it feels extra fluid-y.  We DTD the night before last but usually things like that have well cleared out by now.  

It's all clear, so no worries on that score.  

I am just so sick of false alarms; I don't want to call my MW unless it's really necessary.  

The good news is that Little Man feels politely settled into a solid ROA position.  He's not moving as much as usual, but I know he's still ok, because he has hiccups and shifts every now and again.  

#9 of 9 Old 10-10-2011, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been having the same crampy lower back stuff and lots of mucous, but none blood tinged. I am so ready that every time i have a contraction, i pull out the ipad and go to contractionmaster.com to track them and then i get diappointed when i realize there is absolutely no pattern and they are actually further apart than i realized. Ugh. Come on, baby!

Hannah, Wife to R , Mama to Alexander, born 2-15-08,
and Gabriel, born 10-17-11. Ask me about cleft lip and palate!
signcirc1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page