Chat Thread: 10/9-10/15 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 242 Old 10-10-2011, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Hi all ... I'll have to go back and read up on everyone's goings on, but I'm dropping in to tell you all that after eight days, we've finally picked a name!

Introducing ... Hawksley Solace!

DSC_0182.JPGDSC_0178.JPG

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#32 of 242 Old 10-10-2011, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post

For those ladies who've had girls before: just how thoroughly do I need to clean between dd's labia? I know to wipe front to back & to make sure all the poop is gone but do I need to be meticulous about getting all of her own discharge (spagmun?) out?

Whaaaat? What is spagmun? Sounds mossy.

Oh happy day, my neighbors took my son away! We had our friends' son this morning for a few hours and they took ours and we had a beautiful dinner and stroll together. They also brought me their ginormous exercise ball to borrow for awhile. Loving sitting on that thing already. Mine is about half the size.

My ds's poop didn't really smell. He was a once a day, sometimes a twice a day guy. I could smell it, but it smelled very mild. He also stopped pooping at night very quickly. I'm hoping for a repeat customer.

DH made the baby bed, and while it needs some modifications, I feel better knowing there is somewhere to put her. Also he put the car seat in. The dang box the seat came in has become some permanent furniture though, I'm afraid, as DS loves it.

Bills: I would be nowhere without auto bill pay. I only pay the water bill which is quarterly (and always shocking, but that's another matter.)

starling we cross posted--he's amazing! And love the name!!!!!!

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#33 of 242 Old 10-10-2011, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Starling - he is beautiful! Great name. Oh & I love the matching slippers!

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#34 of 242 Old 10-10-2011, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Starling:  oh. my. gawd.  He is adorable.  And obviously a totally cool kid already!!  Love his name.  Love the sibling slippers.  Love, love, love!!!

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#35 of 242 Old 10-10-2011, 05:52 PM

Starling: SWOON. He's soo beautiful. And you reminded me that we have some blue slippers like that somewhere.. but where?

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#36 of 242 Old 10-10-2011, 05:56 PM

BP is up, PE confirmed, so I'm being induced.  Cervidil tonight, Pitocin tomorrow.  Yippee.  I'll be given magnesium to prevent seizures once labor really starts, so apparently that means I can't get out of bed.  This blows, but I guess it's good to treat the PE, and I get to meet my baby soon, one way or another.  I don't know how I can stand induced labor without walking around or even crawling around, but I will try, and if I need the epidural I'll get it.  

PS I found out the hospital serves Kozy Shack brand pudding, which is basically the best stuff available, so I'll probably be ordering that multiple times per day until they start the drugs and make me stop eating.  

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#37 of 242 Old 10-10-2011, 06:01 PM

Good luck, yellowdart!! Glad you'll at least have some good eats. :D

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#38 of 242 Old 10-10-2011, 06:11 PM

Bills:  I'd love to do automatic payments, but some of them vary so much (like our Costco credit card, which is the one that gives me the most trouble!), that I'd be in trouble if it auto-paid and I didn't make sure the checking account was ready for it.  We have so little money these days, and it's really hard to adjust to waiting for a paycheck before something can get paid.  Anyway, I just have to get myself more disciplined and set up more email reminders.  Which I did today.  ;)

Baby Poop:  My DD thinks the yellow bf poop is ABSOLUTELY HORRIFICALLY REVOLTING.  It's hilarious.  And simultaneously a little disturbing.  I find that the poop smells a bit sweet, honestly, and I usually can't smell it unless I'm right up against the diaper.  Good thing my babies don't usually have trouble with rashes, lol.  My babies seem like they usually poop frequently for the first several weeks, then even out to every few days.  Or, in the case of DS2, sometimes go as long as 2 weeks (without being constipated).  I don't enjoy the blow-outs, but I've only had that happen maybe less than 10 times out of all of my kids put together.

Starling:  Wow!  If any baby ever looked like a Hawksley, your little guy surely does!  He's absolutely precious, and I'm jealous you caught a picture of a yawn that doesn't look like screaming.  I keep deleting my yawning pictures because they just look like I'm taking pics of a screaming baby.  Sigh.  Anyway, love him!  Love the clothes!  Love the name!!  Hope you're snuggling him lots.  :)

Yellowdart:  I wish you the best of luck and that everything will go as smoothly as possible!

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#39 of 242 Old 10-10-2011, 06:14 PM

Good luck yellowdart. Can you switch positions in bed? If so, I did find switching to the internal fetal monitor (which I was originally against) made a BIG difference for me 'cause then I could at least roll around, kneel on the bed with the back up or switch to all fours without losing her signal.

#40 of 242 Old 10-10-2011, 06:40 PM

Mainebirdgirl I can't imagine newborn twins!  Hang in there!

Karli bad kitty!  We had to give one of our cats away because she kept peeing on stuff. With that cat it was just stress and once she was away from other cats she was fine.  We have 2 cats now. First one of them kept peeing on the dog's bed until we had to throw it out.  Then when we bought DD's big girl bed one of the cats peed on it!  TWICE!  Thankfully I had bought one of those waterproof mattress pads.  But now our cats are restricted in where they can go.

Leiahs glad you got a better night's sleep!

Pi sending you healing thoughts

yellowdart good luck!

starling adorable!

carseat DH installed it this weekend, but today was my first chance to look at it... and it still needs another towel or something under it.  Sigh.  I'm hoping that we can borrow another base from friends for his car. 

baby's position I don't know what this kid is doing in there.  Last U/S (36 weeks?) baby was def head down and I'm pretty sure still is.  I get kicked up top.  But there is some body part WAY over on the side of my belly.  No idea.

girl parts DD had a period when she was born.  I was so glad that someone told me that could happen or I would have FREAKED out.  So, ladies, if you didn't know -- that can happen to your newborn girls!

AFM Another uneventful OB appt today.  Did inquire about what happens if I don't have this baby by my EDD (which is my next appt).  I guess at that point they do an U/S to determine baby's position & fluid levels, check the cervix, and schedule you for induction during week 41, which you can decline & come in 2x/week for NST.  I was actually really encouraged by how anti-induction he was, since he was the one that sent me to be induced last time (medical reasons). He said he really hates to send people who aren't already sort of on the way to labor (cervix-wise) to be induced and told me about how often he's seen women in there getting pit while their husbands/boyfriends bring in every kind of take out food imaginable and sit there with friends watching football while the woman is laying there starving and in pain disappointed.gif  I forget sometimes what jerks some men are.  I really hope I go into labor before all this becomes necessary -- and that I don't have any of the problems I did last time that led to me being induced.

Also, had the worst heartburn yet last night.  Woke me up for good at 4am.  Early night for me sleepytime.gif

#41 of 242 Old 10-10-2011, 07:12 PM

carseats:  we haven't installed our carseat yet.  I am only 37 weeks so we probably have some time.  We planned to do it this past weekend but DP is on steroids and stayed up all night Sat night and didn't want to do it all sleep deprived.  It has sort of been his job to put things together since I have been pregnant.  Usually I am way more efficient at it but I just have had mush for brains this whole time and can't comprehend simple instructions.  I am hoping it gets done this coming weekend.  I am not even sure if we need to do it since DP doesn't drive and most likely I will have someone else drive me to and from the hopsital and maybe in someone elses car that I will need to put it in for the trip.  I guess I at least want us to install it so we have a good idea of how to do it so if we need to switch it into another car we can easier.

starling:  love the name and love the new pic!  He looks like he is rocking out!

newborn poop:  Man I really hope it doesn't smell like cheese to me.  That is one of my least favorite smells!puke.gif

bills:  I am afraid of not being able to keep up with them when the baby arrives.  I am typically the one who deals with them and when I let my DP do them he lets them go until we get a shut off notice just because he can.  It annoys the crap out of me and stresses me out so that's why I am in charge.

afm:  full term today!  I had a long talk with my midwife on friday about my induction fears and she told me I can start all the natural induction stuff now.  RRL tea, EPO, sex. nipple stim.  I am getting right on it.  Hopefully he doesn't take too long (as in after 41 weeks.)  I am finally on my maternity leave from work so it is nice to have some time to prepare but I feel like I am more or less ready.  We have finally bought all of the things I think I absolutely need before he comes.  We got the last few things the other day. breast pads, nipple butter, a couple of bottles just in case, and some waterproof pads for the bed.  I also ordered a bed rail for our bed.  Those things are some things that I feel we might need but don't want to have to wait till the next day or whatever day we can get out to go get them.  I still have tons of cleaning to do and some laundry to catch up on but that isn't a big deal.  He is still super high up and I have no idea how he can be so high up and still be constantly pressing on my bladder.  Maybe he is just super tall!

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#42 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 12:40 AM

Why or why did I do it?! I knew it was a bad idea but still did it. I looked at my nether regions with a mirror. (gasp) Ok, I know I am only 3 days out but seriously I don't see how any amount of deswelling (is that a word?) & healing is going to make things ever look ok again. I am very much afraid I am now left with one seriously fugly area. It's not like anyone is looking but somehow just knowing how awful it is is kind of upsetting.

#43 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 01:17 AM

Lifeguard, I made the same mistake too, about 1.5 weeks postpartum. My idea of what "bilateral first degree tear" meant and what I actually saw were greatly conflicting. While horrifying, time DOES heal all wounds. But back away from the mirror!

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

#44 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 06:13 AM

I have found the BM poo messy but not too gross, not strong smelling or anything (even if cheesy). I often just do a little sink bath to wash it off rather than try to contain it all with wipes. I never thought about the more solid FF poops as a side-benefit but I can see how that would be. (and I consistently found disposible diapers to be leakier than cloth... for both pee and poo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post

Baby poop: After the first month or two, DS1 got in a schedule where he was using so much of what was in the breastmilk that he only pooped once every 7-10 days. Right now, DS2 is pooping more like 7-10 times every day. I'm hoping he eventually takes after his brother. And I totally agree on the strong cheese comparison. That's exactly what breastfed poops smell like to me!

Like ~Pis' older, my first (DS) only pooped about once a week from around a month to when he started solids. And it was A LOT of poop but it sure made the diaper pail easier- we just knew to wash diapers on poop day. Then he was very regular, usually morning and evening. We started using the flushable/washable imse vimse diaper liners around then, and poops were easy to deal with.

DD pooped much more solid stuff, usually once a day but sometimes less. (also EBF). Her poop always smelled worse and was harder for her to do. We started EC around 2.5 months and she almost exclusively pooped in the potty after that. Yay her.

It made me realize that like we have a temperament for personality, energy levels, etc, perhaps our bowels do to... weird things that motherhood make you think about ;)

and FWIW I always have had as much caffeine/chocolate as I feel like. I have never noticed an effect on the kids. Hope that holds for #3! (I don't actually generally drink coffee past midday, but don't limit myself particularly if I really want some, and I personally refuse to consider chocolate a stimulant...)

dissertating mom to three

#45 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 06:16 AM

SO CUTE! Love the sibling slippers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post

Hi all ... I'll have to go back and read up on everyone's goings on, but I'm dropping in to tell you all that after eight days, we've finally picked a name!

Introducing ... Hawksley Solace!

dissertating mom to three

#46 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 08:48 AM

Chocolate isn't a stimulant, it's a food group, and I take issue with anyone who says different, so there.

Bills - I have everything on autopay that I can, and I've already scheduled payments for those I can't.  I took over all the bills this spring when I opened one addressed to my husband "by accident" and saw that it was from a collections agency.  !!!!  The worst part is that he actually does open all the envelopes, and ORGANIZES them by date and type, but despite three bills and three warning letters for each health-related bill, he never pays a damn one till they go to collections.  Yeah, not going to happen.  So now I am in charge of everything but his student loans and his personal credit card, which I would personally like to cut in half.  It's so weird because in almost every other way he's a really responsible person!

Induction: I just had my 41 week appt this morning for an ultrasound, NST, and GBS retest.  The MW says that they make an appointment for induction during week 42, because week 43 is the cutoff.  So since I turn 42 weeks over the weekend, my 42 appt is Friday, when I will have my membranes swept (which scares the crap out of me) and an induction scheduled for the following week.  I asked why they wait so long to induce, and they said for ftms the majority of them go between 41 and 42 weeks, so they just don't worry about it.  Here's hoping that I go before Friday then!  I just find it so nuts that we all get such widely varying advice from our drs.

cbeclipse:  My ultrasound shows her facing left, with her back on my right side, just like yours.  She's been like that forever - she moves constantly, sometimes posterior, sometimes anterior, but she always comes back to the side-lying pose.  I've had 2 MWs say that's no biggie, since she'll just corkscrew into position when labor starts.

Katico: right there with you on the dramatic diarrhea and bizarro pain.  I just wish that it would turn into something productive!!!

Cristina, mama to Isabel.  knit.gif Oh how I miss knitting.  And sleeping.  I miss sleeping.

#47 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 AM

Jane's rules for looking at your bottom:
1. Look when I look. I'll get you a mirror. It's okay not to look.
2. Then, just don't look to 6 weeks.

The way it looks inthe middle is wholly unlike the finished product. Especially a couPle days after. It swells funny. You'll have one side more swollen than the other. And there is usually bruising that discolor the area. And it's a bit wrinkly from deflAting after pregnancy fluffiness.
I used to get panic pages before I started mentioning this. I'm all for looking if you want. It's your vulva/vagina. But it always looks not-great on day 3.
It'll likely look fine in 6 weeks. Promise.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#48 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 09:05 AM

Starling - your kids look awesome - I covet Padraig slippers!!!

man, I have read through 26 posts and can't remember anything...ugh

I will just try to comment on general topics half remembered...lol

38weeks here - due 25th

car seat in - went away for the weekend - figured if we did not put it in baby would come ;)

dad is home for lunch gotta run!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#49 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I'm going to be gone the rest of the day; I expect to be the only one still pregnant when I check this again.

I can't stop eating. Food, food, food, füd.

Emma, I drink coffee, too. I have at most 2 cups (and regular cups at that) but that is only because it's all I want. Chocolate isn't huge for me, but if it was, I'd eat it.

Poop: I second the disposable inserts for the cloth diapers. I've also seen moms use a couple of dried out wipes in a diaper. Interesting about disposable not being as good with waste as cloth! And I thought using sposies in the first week would save me laundry. Rethinking.notes.gif

Heading out for midwife appt--hopefully not strep b, but if I am, so be it. I also have to do my labs for anemia, etc.

And I thought I was crazy for looking at my crotch while pregnant--looking postpartum if vaginal delivery adds insult to injury!

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#50 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 09:41 AM

I was so afraid to look at the under carriage after having my boys. I never looked after my first but eventually did with my second.. and of course I saw something weird which made me think my uterus was prolapsed or something. Yea, it was just a skin tag. lol

psshh Rosemary. You'll probably go before me. Although I have been having this new extra-crampiness today. Trying not to over-analyze though..

#51 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 09:48 AM

pssh all of you.  you'll probably all go before me! 

Cristina, mama to Isabel.  knit.gif Oh how I miss knitting.  And sleeping.  I miss sleeping.

#52 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 09:49 AM

No way, lady. No way! I wonder who the last of us will be though. lol Hopefully not someone super overdue.

#53 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

I'm going to be gone the rest of the day; I expect to be the only one still pregnant when I check this again.

yeahthat.gif  lol.gif

Diaper messes disp vs cloth:  The one times we ever had any diaper leaks were when she was occasionally in a disposable, our cloth never, ever leaked.  But, I still plan on doing disposable for the first couple of weeks this time again - with spit up etc, you're changing their clothes anyway, and I do not trust DH and MIL to wash my cloth!!!!

Diaper liners:  I have also used disp. wipes as liners but instead of letting them dry out, I sometimes throw some in with the cloth diapers through the wash - they come through just fine and are clean and dry.  I used them when she needed diaper cream because if you use cloth liners with rash cream you have to wash them seperate from your diapers which is kind of a pain.  I never worried about liners just for poop - the FF poop was solid enough to shake out right from the start.  Like I say, I focused on any positive I could, I would have given anything to BF and deal with all the messiness!    I also found that those thin baby washcloths worked better than any cloth liners I tried.

Induction:  Asking for a sweep at tomorrow's appointment.  I feel so strange, I feel like I just need a nudge.  I took a long walk last night (under the full moon lol.gif) and feel super crampy, a bit of an increase in mucous...but nothing exciting. 

Thanksgiving:  We were going to do a nice supper, I sent DH to the grocery store to buy a chicken or a cut up chicken, since we don't really like turkey and just wanted a small meal....yeah, he couldn't find chicken (mmhmm) so he bought a giant frozen turkey...and thought I could cook it for that night!!!  ROTFLMAO.gif Dear, clueless man.  So...now I have a turkey in my deep freeze and absolutely no intention of thawing the damned thing for 3 days....So, we're just going to have thanksgiving veg and stuffing tonight.  We're so festive and on the ball. 

AFM:  So tired.  Went to bed at midnight and DD almost immediately woke up and climbed in with us and she was determined to sleep ON MY HEAD.  Not happening.  So I got up and did laundry, cleaned up, watched tv etc until almost 3am, then still couldn't sleep very well.

We had a playdate here today and the house is WRECKED.  

Can't wait for tomorrow, hope they will do the sweep like they promised....I need my body back!

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#54 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 10:34 AM

Also, Ice.  I can't get enough ice.  I'm sure I read somewhere once that that's a sign of some nutritional deficiency but I'm like an addict who doesn't want to treat the root of the problem, I'm enjoying the vice so much.

I went to Starbucks last night and ordered an iced coffee, which I chugged so I could enjoy the big glass of good ice!  today, all I wanted in the world was a big glass of ice with just enough coke poured in to cover it.  Bad mommy!  But so good bag.gif

#55 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 10:44 AM

Julia was born this morning at 7:19 am, with just the Cervidil last night at 5 and no Pitocin.  Contractions started at 8 pm.  I had a strong urge to push starting around 4 cm dilation at 4:30 am or so, and had to resist it until 7:10 am when they declared me 10 cm and ready to do.  Trying to resist the urge to push for ~3 hours was just completely awful, but amazing and powerful, and then I had her out in 9 minutes of official pushing and three contractions.  I'll get pictures up soon, and a better labor story!  Due to pre-eclampsia, I am stuck taking magnesium sulfate for 24 hours post birth, and can't have anything to eat or drink besides ice.  This is a little distressing, but with my baby here beside me I'll deal.  Julia has a champion latch already, and nursed/suckled for about hour starting around just 10 or 20 minutes old.  She's an amazing beautiful child, certified perfect.  

Facing this PE induction with the extra meds and invertentions it involved was just completely terrifying for me last night, but I ended up with a really good birth.  Stay tuned!

I haven't slept yet.  Need to work on that. 

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#56 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdart View Post

Julia was born this morning at 7:19 am, with just the Cervidil last night at 5 and no Pitocin.  Contractions started at 8 pm.  I had a strong urge to push starting around 4 cm dilation at 4:30 am or so, and had to resist it until 7:10 am when they declared me 10 cm and ready to do.  Trying to resist the urge to push for ~3 hours was just completely awful, but amazing and powerful, and then I had her out in 9 minutes of official pushing and three contractions.  I'll get pictures up soon, and a better labor story!  Due to pre-eclampsia, I am stuck taking magnesium sulfate for 24 hours post birth, and can't have anything to eat or drink besides ice.  This is a little distressing, but with my baby here beside me I'll deal.  Julia has a champion latch already, and nursed/suckled for about hour starting around just 10 or 20 minutes old.  She's an amazing beautiful child, certified perfect.  

Facing this PE induction with the extra meds and invertentions it involved was just completely terrifying for me last night, but I ended up with a really good birth.  Stay tuned!

I haven't slept yet.  Need to work on that. 

Congratulations! She sounds wonderful and I can't wait to see pictures. I'm so glad you had a safe, relatively easy birth. Sleep, woman! Sleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

Also, Ice.  I can't get enough ice.  I'm sure I read somewhere once that that's a sign of some nutritional deficiency but I'm like an addict who doesn't want to treat the root of the problem, I'm enjoying the vice so much.

I went to Starbucks last night and ordered an iced coffee, which I chugged so I could enjoy the big glass of good ice!  today, all I wanted in the world was a big glass of ice with just enough coke poured in to cover it.  Bad mommy!  But so good bag.gif

I'm on the same page with you! Apparently it's a sign of anemia or iron deficiency, but my iron was really good the last time I had it checked, and I've always loved ice. My hydration routine right now is a massive, 36 oz or so cup, filled to the top with ice, with water and lemon juice poured over it. I drink the water till the cubes are soft enough to crunch on, then go to town. :) I love it so much!

39+6 today, midwife says she guesses baby's about 9 lbs now. Joy! He's also dropped way low, but she doesn't think he's quite engaged yet. She gave me the ok to start EPO, but wait till next week to try things like castor oil, etc. We'll see!

Mom to Eli babyboy.gif 10/18/11 and loving wife to Derrin. heartbeat.gif 

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

#57 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Congratulations yellowdart!  Welcome to the world, Julia!  Way to go, mama!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#58 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 11:32 AM

Congrats Yellowdart!

Ugh,  my tear stitches don't hurt much except when I cough.  When I cough, it is terrible.  Sitz baths are awesome.  This kid is awesome.  YAY.  I'm so happy.

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

#59 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 11:33 AM

Aahhh, bills.  We're also all set up with everything as automatic as possible.  DH is insanely organized about finances.  He also keeps a spreadsheet he downloads of all of our transactions so at any given moment, we could say exactly how much money we spend on groceries a month, or what percentage of our expenses are our student loans.  This is the same guy who also started saving for an engagement ring at age 18 (which is 10 years before we even met), he just wanted to start the future ring fund.  But, the other day we were going through our old file cabinets and found a file from 5 years ago with $150 cash he'd received as a going away gift, and also found a check for $1000 from June 2010 that we'd never cashed.  Oops! 

Yellowdart- woo hoo, congrats!!

Izzybelly- I feel like I remembered you said your mother/ women in your family all had long pregnancies too, right?  I'm hoping for you that your baby comes on its own very soon!

Today is my second-to-last day in the office.  My commute used to take me 45 minutes- now I'm walking so slowly that it is closer to an hour.  I won't miss this part!

I was on the phone with Comcast, and simultaneously looking at an email from DH.  So, without even thinking, as I hung up the phone, I emphatically told the comcast lady "I love you!"  She was a little surprised.  Oh, and my short-term memory has gone to crap too.  I'll ask DH a question or tell him something about my day, and ask him the exact same thing 4 minutes later.  Please tell me someone else is doing this too. 

Amy, feathering our nest with sweet husband O and baby girl, P (October 2011). 
#60 of 242 Old 10-11-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy May View Post

Oh, and my short-term memory has gone to crap too.  I'll ask DH a question or tell him something about my day, and ask him the exact same thing 4 minutes later.  Please tell me someone else is doing this too. 

I haven't quite done that... but I've put dirty dishes in the fridge instead of the dishwasher... I almost put a container of leftovers in the oven instead of the fridge... I almost put the lizard's box of crickets in my dresser drawer instead of in the cabinet where they belong... it's like I do things on autopilot and then the autopilot malfunctions big time!

Mom to Eli babyboy.gif 10/18/11 and loving wife to Derrin. heartbeat.gif 

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page