Chat Thread: 10/9-10/15 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 242 Old 10-12-2011, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

Back from the doctor, just had a membrane sweep....I was 1cm, soft and forward....she called it "promising"  lol.gif  It's at least encouraging - My cervix hadn't done a darn thing at 41wk4d when I was induced with DD!

Lots of strong Bh happening....I'm going to walk around the house and climb stairs now...maybe scrub some floors.......find some boxes to lift.........

I need have this baby.

jealous...

#122 of 242 Old 10-12-2011, 03:23 PM

Congratulations, Yellowdart and Capretta!  I can't wait to hear and see more whenever you can find time!

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#123 of 242 Old 10-12-2011, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

theboysmama - I am brokenhearted for your friend & her family.

karli - good for you for seeking help. I struggled with depression for 10 years & it so is not worth going through all the hurt when there is help available. I hope the meds start working quickly for you.

katico - good luck

afm - I absolutely cannot believe how much better I feel pp this time compared to last. In fact I would say I feel better now than I did 2 weeks ago! bfing is excruciating right now but she is an efficient nurser so at least sessions are fairly brief. The lc is looking into lip tie for me. Unfortunately our lll leader has had a family death so I don't have that resource right now, but I am getting through. Can't wait to hit the gym again!

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#124 of 242 Old 10-12-2011, 04:12 PM

just wanted to comment on the "dr" stealing posts. I am not surprised. She took one from the pregnancy and infant loss forum awhile back and really really flamed the mom. Imagine what kind of person would do that to a woman whose child had just died, awful awful awful!!! If it is copyright infringement someone should sue the heck out of her. That is a really really terrible thing to do.

I also don't understand the whole reference to the ncb movement, that just doesn't make since to me. ncb was around first, it is about trusting the process and our bodies first and when something comes up using the awesome medical interventions that we have NOT using them first bcs they are more convenient, etc. Uggg that just really steams me up this woman :(

Karli-  I hope the meds help. I had ppd w/ ds3 and it was awful. Luckily I still had my placenta in the freezer and it worked fabulously. I didn't have insurance so it was my first choice. Hang in there mama and don't put too much preasure on yourself. Also, try to keep it as light in your home as possible, that really does make a difference.

Dh has been awesome today. He has kept the kids out all day and let me rest. When I was feeling better I got all of the laundry done and the seasonal clothes switched out. Now I feel like crap. Good thing he took the kids again.

The dr. never called and the clinic is closed so I will have to wait until tomorrow to see if my wc result is positive or not. I would like to know if I can leave the house if I feel like it, I am staying in as a courtesy to anyone who might not want wc.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#125 of 242 Old 10-12-2011, 04:29 PM

karli - good for you getting the meds 

yeast - having yeast issues here -just did a 3 day day canesten pill and now just garlic bulbs in the hoohaa my MW said yeast can soften the tissues causing you to tear easier...ugh

co-sleep - we used the first years in bed cosleeper for dd because we had a 2 year old in the bed also - will use it again this time 

katico - you are due 2 days b4 me - I am finding myself really wanting to be done as well - MW appt tomorrow and again next tues - if no baby by next tues - i might ask for a sweep too - a little friendly competition or race???? - bring it!!!

that ex- doc is a weirdo and that is why I detest open forums....grrrr the other group we have is useless - grrrrr

I had my ds in Emerg this aft fever would not go down with the meds and he was screaming that his head hurt :(

he is sleeping peacefully now all snuggled up with his sister :)

The baby is doing me in with the movements - it has been resting on my cervix for more than 2 weeks and ugh...that is all I can say

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#126 of 242 Old 10-12-2011, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Karli, I am so sorry. It's very good what you are doing, and please, don't worry about not posting here. No to do list here. But know that we all care for you.

Maybe I will pm everyone with my birth story. Miserable jerk. Probably 3/4 of her traffic is from us though.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#127 of 242 Old 10-12-2011, 05:10 PM

What a disgusting troll that woman is. greensad.gif Dragonfly, I am so, so sorry that she has taken what you said and made it into some agenda. For what it's worth, I think she could have chosen a better story to promote said agenda but whatever. She sucks.

Nicole - I am so sorry to hear about your friend. How sad. And, I hope you feel better.

Karli - good for you for doing what you need to. Please don't feel bad about not being active enough here. You have plenty going on in your real aka. important life that I'm sure we will all understand.

Katico - good luck, lady!

AFM... yep, still pregnant. My due date is tomorrow. I still feel like it could really be any day now. I don't remember feeling like that with either of my boys (who were both 'late'), so who knows. I'm trying my best not to read too much into anything or get my hopes up too much. It will happen when it happens. *sigh* I have a midwife appointment tomorrow, though I'm sure not much of anything exciting will happen. Business as usual. I doubt they would offer to strip my membranes, and I don't think I'll ask. I had it done with my first son and it did nothing, anyway. boohiss. I'm a wicked skeptic when it comes to all the ways to jump start labor.. though I DO plan on some nipple stimulation tonight. Never tried that before. Honestly, it makes me cringe to think of the stimulation it supposedly takes..

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#128 of 242 Old 10-12-2011, 06:09 PM

Karli - Another voice chiming in to say good for you for getting the help you need.

Saoirse - Glad your DS seems to be doing better.

I am just exhausted exhausted exhausted, but must be in full nesting mode because I keep doing things despite being so tired.  (Although I did take a break while DS was napping to watch a couple episodes of "Roswell" on Netflix.)  Lots of funky twingey cervix stuff today.  Baby's position?  Cervical changes?  Midwife did not check my cervix yesterday...I'm wondering if they'll check at my appt. next Tuesday.  I seem to remember a check at my last appt. before my EDD when I was pregnant with DS.  I feel pretty curious, but am not planning to check myself.  Bag for the birth center is mostly packed, but I think I might have to ask DH to put his very few items in another bag cuz we're running out of room and I will have some last minute stuff to shove in there.

Well...I'm going to finish getting ready for bed, feed and water the cat, re-read some of "The Birth Partner" book and go to bed.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#129 of 242 Old 10-12-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

AFM: Dreamed that I was at the birth center for an appointment, and they tried to admit me for labor. Since I wasn't having any contractions, I didn't want to be admitted. A nurse (which we don't have at the bc) reassured me that the OB at the hospital was great, that he'd delivered babies for Jackie Kennedy (???) and I said, "Oh, so he drugs you and pulls out your baby?" at which point nurse comes at me with a huge needle and tries to jab me and I have to kick her and ask what she's doing and she says she's inducing me and I won't feel a thing. She's attacking me with the needle and I'm swatting at her and screaming, and then I wake up. To DS trying to get into bed with me.

Thats a funny one! I had weird anxiety dreams about bizarre hospitals and birth centers when I was pregnant last time, trying to convince them to let me leave, trying to pretend I wasn't in labor, etc. (so far, none this time).

dissertating mom to three

#130 of 242 Old 10-12-2011, 07:16 PM

Nicole:  Nipple stim, yo....it's no joke.

Been contracting for the past few hours.  Fingers crossed (not really, 'cause they're busy with the n.stim) that this doesn't peter out.

Saoirse  It's on, girl!

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#131 of 242 Old 10-12-2011, 07:43 PM

Ugh. I couldn't take it. It makes me cringe.

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

#132 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 04:52 AM

I'm still pregnant.

eyesroll.gif

Lots of contractions until I went to bed, then they stopped.  

But hey...bright side....It could still pick up again, I guess sweeps have a 48 hour window of helpfulness....and, it's still just exciting to me that someone actually happened!!  I am not fearing an induction anymore -  my body is obviously more interested this time!

So many new babies!!!!!!!

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#133 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 05:41 AM

Mine have been the opposite. Strong when I'm trying to sleep and then they stop when I get up. :/

#134 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 07:56 AM

just got my results back and the swab was negative for wc! Hooray!! I would still like boo to stay in until I am feeling better. I now have to decide what to do about immunizations for myself. Think I will get the dtap shortly after baby comes, not ideal but just don't want to risk it. I will have dh get his too. The kids are good on their dtap (they have just had that and the meningitus ones) so I don't think I have to do anything about them. Hooray.

Now just got to take care of myself so that I can be healthy when boo shows up.

Nipple stimulation- what on earth do you do. The thought of touching my nipples makes my skin crawl, they are so tender. dd nurses 4+ times a day (some days more). She has been doing that the whole time though so that probably isn't enough.

co-sleeping- we co sleep and have a co-sleeper that works fabulously as a diaper changer/ potty/ supply station/ bed rail, etc. the baby sleeps with us in our bed with a pillow top mattress. It hasn't been a problem and appears to not be to squishy. They sleep on either side of me depending on which side I am nursing on.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#135 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 08:00 AM

Karli- I couldn't stop thinking about you last night, and I wish we could all give you a hug for what you are going through right now.  I know this is not much, but please know how much support and encouragement you have from this DDC, and though we're not able to support you in person, we are all thinking of you.  I am so sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed right now, and that your birth experience was not what you were planning for.  In the best of cases, adjustment to motherhood is a huge change, and it sounds like you just have so much on your plate right now.  So we're all really proud of you for getting help- you shouldn't have to go through this all alone.  

Mass General Hospital has a really good resource on women's mental health, including a ton of resources of PPD.  Here is their blog below, as well as info on breastfeeding and medications (and the good news is you don't need to stop due to meds... that decision should only be made by what works best for YOU.)

http://www.womensmentalhealth.org/specialty-clinics/breastfeeding-and-psychiatric-medication/

http://postpartumprogress.com/about

Anyway, we are all thinking of you and sending lots of hugs and encouragement.  

Amy, feathering our nest with sweet husband O and baby girl, P (October 2011). 
#136 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katico View Post

I'm still pregnant.

eyesroll.gif

Lots of contractions until I went to bed, then they stopped.  

But hey...bright side....It could still pick up again, I guess sweeps have a 48 hour window of helpfulness....and, it's still just exciting to me that someone actually happened!!  I am not fearing an induction anymore -  my body is obviously more interested this time!

So many new babies!!!!!!!

whew! I guess I can take a break then ;)  I was just about to see if my 4 year old wanted to latch on for some milk...dang I am competitive.....just kidding, but he has tried to latch afew times -idk if it is the fever, new baby coming or that dd still occasionally nurses, but man that kid still loves my boobies - I have to keep them hidden at all times or my kids will litterally chase me around the house screaming boobie!!!!!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#137 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 09:04 AM

Help: I have turned into Turbo B•tch, and for no good reason. I have lost patience with DS several times today and you know what he says? He says things like, "Mama, how can I help you?" or "Can we hug?" or my favorite, "Let's talk. What would you like to talk about?" Annoying, right? No, didn't think so. My mom is coming for her Thursday visit, and called to say she was stuck in traffic, so she's 40 minutes late. I am cooking for people I don't want to cook for and also my friend's birthday party is tonight and I was asked to make the cake, which I followed a new recipe from a trusted cookbook and it turned out looking like two pancakes. It had better taste good. This is for the friend who made that amazing ombre cake for my baby shower, and I really wanted to make her something special, as she is depressed about her bday this year. So crap. I sure as heck will not be stimulating my nipples or anything like that today! Baby, stay put until my mood changes.

#138 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 09:17 AM
~pi

Sending good thoughts to all those awaiting labour!

Karli, you should not be apologizing for lack of posting. This is not obligatory! No expectations here! Good for you for getting some help.

lol.gifsaoirse & Katico! I am rooting for a tie in the next day or two.

puente, ugh, that sounds awkward. I hope you can find a resolution. For what it's worth, I find that I tend to get better medical treatment when I cheerfully show up for all recommended tests. (But I am also a 'more data = better' kind of person.)

theboysmama, hugs.

Rosemary, hugs to you as well. You just described my mood through the pregnancy. Now I feel like myself again. Hopefully the end is in sight for you, too. I'm sure your friend will understand about the cake. And hey, flat cakes can be very chic.

Blog: She is someone with a huge agenda, and has been a presence online for years, if not decades. I think some of her views have nuggets of truth in them, but that totally gets lost in her agenda-pushing and nasty, nasty tactics like what we are seeing here. Honestly, I feel sorry for her. She was probably striving to be hot stuff at one point but got pushed out or burnt out, who knows. So she left, and now she's in her mid-fifties, way out of date clinically, would need to do some serious catch-up work to ramp back up to the clinical field and even more work to break into research, and she can't or doesn't want to pay those dues. So instead she has a blog. It's kind of pathetic. (Nothing against blogs, but they are not on a level with clinical or policy-oriented research.)

AFM, I can sit again!! Put that together with a napping baby and I've actually been getting a little writing work done. I submitted revisions to a paper and am editing another for a co-author. Plus I volunteered to accompany DS1's class on a field trip yesterday that meant walking about 4 miles, and I felt awesome the whole time. (DS2 didn't make it quite all the way through before losing patience, but he slept in the Ergo most of the way, and I just left a little early to go nurse and change him. It meant so much to DS1 that I was there, and it was so nice to spend a few hours outside.) I am so excited. The pain from the tear really sucked for the first 10 days or so, but it's almost gone and overall, this recovery is so incredibly much easier than my c/s last time. Which reminds me:

Mirror: I have taken a couple of looks and was unfazed, but I was prepared for it to look pretty sore. Lots of swelling and bruising, visible stitches, bleeding, and so on, but I know it will heal. Also, I've never worried that much about how it looks. I did not shave, trim, or otherwise groom prior to the birth, which was attended by almost a dozen people in total, so I'm not about to start caring now!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#139 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 09:38 AM

Things I didn't have time to say yesterday but really wanted to:

Karli:  You are absolutely doing the right thing to be trying to take care of yourself and doing what needs to be done for the PPD.  PPD is very serious, and you should be proud that you're taking it seriously.

Izzybelly:  I didn't know what to say about your dog, but I'm so very sorry.  I had to have our 18-year-old dog put down last year, and I was very depressed that I hadn't had a baby before she got too old.  She would have loved to see our "pack" grow.  I still miss her (and sometimes dream about her) now, but you definitely did the right thing.  When you know it's time, it's almost always after the dog has decided that it's time.  I like to think that somehow Echo will be some part of our new baby, even if only as a few carbon molecules.

Blog:  I think it's awful to take someone's words and use them for your own agenda, with no permission whatsoever . . . but I'm aware that someone could do that with nearly everything I post on the internet.  If I don't want to hear from the arseholes on the internet about a sensitive story, I either won't post it or I'll make sure to never find their comments about it.  Not to say that it's anyone's fault that they trust enough to put their stories out there, only to end up with them misused . . . I just kind of assume that everything is fair game and really would rather not know what assholes have to say about me.  In other words, please don't tell me if my posts show up elsewhere.

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#140 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 11:03 AM

I gotta start getting caught up on all the new babies in this DDC!  And I gotta write out my birth story and upload pictures.  I'm mostly just chillin in bed with my sweet baby these days.  I'll get around to the other stuff.  smile.gif  

I wanna say that the birth stories I read before going into labor were helpful to me in labor, even though every labor is so unique and personal, and I thought I was hitting the wall with every contraction for a while.  This DDC has been such a great support/preparation group, not just for making lists of baby supplies but also for coping at the most intense make-or-break moments.  I remembered someone talking about how internal monitoring provided some relief at a terrible time, and talked to the nurse about that, while contractions were coming on like a speed train.  I didn't end up getting it, but just to remember I had these choices. I even stole someone (Karli's?) line about no thanks I don't want to feel down there, I can feel the baby just fine up here because it expressed how I felt at the time, and I remembered someone else demanding that the doctor get out of her during a contraction, and I realized I had that right too, and I did demand and she did get out and I didn't have to kick her.   A lot of what I went through I came up on my own too as every woman here must and will, but you ladies have been a truly amazing source of support.  It's good we can stick together for postpartum recovery and feeding and cookie recipes and everything.  

Here's a pic just from my phone, from yesterday sometime in the hospital room with the lights down:  Julia

Julia was born on National Coming Out Day.  I love it.  What a great baby-having holiday.  

lifeguard likes this.

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#141 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdart View Post I remembered someone else demanding that the doctor get out of her during a contraction, and I realized I had that right too 

That was ~pi, if I recall correctly, and I also remembered that during my labor, on two occasions. The first when my nasty nurse was pressing down on my belly during a contraction and I said through clenched teeth:"YOU ARE NOT HELPING!!", and the second was when the OB was going to do an internal to check my progress while on pitocin, and I said:"No. After this contraction is over." without even a hint of "is that okay, doctor?" 

~pi's empowerment empowered me. Awesome. 

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#142 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 11:53 AM

Catching up....

Leiahs:  I had a really hard time when DD went through the peeling newborn stage, I had to practically sit on my hands to keep from constantly picking at it.  I don't think I could have controlled myself if she had gotten much newborn acne!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinket90 View Post

At the grocery store this morning I ran into an acquaintance and the first thing out of her mouth was, "When are you going to drop that load?" 

I'm due today. I'm crampy, uncomfortable, huge, and tired. I almost hit her in the face.

People are so.......ugh.  I have an acquantance who always likes to talk about so and so "shitting out her kid", or asking if so and so has "shit that kid out yet"....and it is the most vile turn of phrase.  Ugh.  

theboysmama:  my heart aches for your friend - what a horrible, sad thing to happen, especially for the other kids guilty.gif

Also, yay for negative wc tests!!

Nipple Stim:  I have read that it isn't very effective for mamas who are still bf'ing.  I read a bunch of different theories on how to do it - 3min on/2min rest then switch sides....5 minutes then wait 15 min....or just go for it.  I just went for it.  And as long as I kept it up the contractions got stronger and stronger...but there's only so much one can take!  They're sore and itchy today but I will definitely do it again when contractions start again.

Karli:  Hugs, mama....grouphug.gif Take care of yourself!

Saoirse: lol @ latching on your 4 year old for the sake of the race.  You are a serious competitor!  

Rosemary: "Mama, how can I help you?"  = adooooorrable.  I've been grumpy with DD too and she'll come up and say "whass wrong, Mommy?  Feel better!"  Cue grumpy mama guilt!

Pi: I said it in the other thread already, but your little guy makes me melt.  Love him.

yellowdart:  N.C.O.Day = an excellent birthdate!!! luxlove.gif

AFM:  Feeling crampy again, have had a few contractions.  My dr. was only 97% sure baby is head down (I'm pretty darn sure)  and wants to be certain, so I have to go in for a quick u/s tomorrow morning.  A pain in the butt but it will be fun to get one more look at her before she arrives.  

Tired.

ETA:  ONE of my feet has suddenly swollen up to grotesque proportions...wtf??

#143 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 01:41 PM

DH has mono, perfect.... luckily I have already had it. 

Mama to DS (03/09) and DD (10/11) and married to the love of my life

#144 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 04:12 PM

Mono...oh no!!! shake.gif  I don't know much about mono - do you need to worry about your DS getting it from DH?

AFM........  PINK MUCOUS!  PINK MUCOUS!

banana.gif

Ahh, the things you'll share on the internet when you're desperately, hugely pregnant!  

#145 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 04:14 PM

Poodge - ucky timing for the mono :(

Katico - I have been taking it easy today - waiting for ds to get over this dang fever - headache and back pain :(

but rest assured - if I hear any progress from you there will be a crazy lady running around the block with a kid on her back, giving herself purple nurples and screaming out OPEN LIKE A DAMN FLOWER!!!!!

#146 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post

Katico - I have been taking it easy today - waiting for ds to get over this dang fever - headache and back pain :(

but rest assured - if I hear any progress from you there will be a crazy lady running around the block with a kid on her back, giving herself purple nurples and screaming out OPEN LIKE A DAMN FLOWER!!!!!

OPEN LIKE A DAMN FLOWER!!!!   biglaugh.gif  lol.gif  biglaugh.gif  ROTFLMAO.gif twins.gif 

Holy crap, that made me laugh.

lifeguard likes this.

#147 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 04:58 PM
~pi

Oh, no, Poodge.

Katico, hooray for pink mucous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post

biglaugh.gif

#148 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 05:06 PM

saoirse - ROTFLMAO.gif

poodge - :( Huge bummer.

katico - woohoo!!

#149 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 06:23 PM
~pi

yellowdart (and Iris, too) I'm so warmed to know that that bit from my labour was helpful to someone else! Though I'm glad neither of you had to actually kick anyone. winky.gif

Had our 2 week visit today with my midwives. There are a lot of things I love about having access to midwifery care, but of everything, I think the postpartum care might be my favourite. Anyway, DS2 is not quite 2 weeks old yet and is already 250g over birth weight. I am so happy. Going into labour with an existing milk supply has been such a huge difference from my first experience. With DS1, my milk did not come in until day 8, plus he got a lot of formula in the NICU, which was definitely the right call, but it made getting breastfeeding going a harder slog. Both DH and I are a little stunned this time at how much easier it is when I don't have to pump after every nursing session, we don't have to deal with the SNS tubes, I don't need twelve hands at every nursing session to get everything and everyone in the right place, etc. I feel really lucky to be having such a smooth experience this time.

nicolian likes this.

#150 of 242 Old 10-13-2011, 06:27 PM

Pi, walking 4 miles. You just made my day, pp hopes-wise.

Yellowdart, National Coming Out Day! That's awesome.

Poodge, I had mono when I was in 2nd grade. I fell asleep in my birthday cake. Awful that your DH has it. :( Does that mean less help for you?

Katico, pink mucous! And not from your nose. Yay!

AFM: Better second half of the day. Mom finally arrived, and took us out to lunch. It was 1.30 when we ate, and I'm just more of an 11.45 lunch person during this pregnancy; hopefully I was just hungry and didn't know it, because after food people stopped hiding from me. I snapped at a lady in her car to slow down, I snapped at a telemarketer (who could blame me?) I snapped at DS in front of my mom, who defended him, and then I snapped at her, and well...beige dinner (fish and chips) really helped. And the birthday cake was really tasty and so that was also ok.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page