Chat Thread: 10/9-10/15 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 06:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The coat emmaegbert linked to is exactly what I had done. To combat the hands out problem I elasticized around the neck hole.

cbeclipse - you don't have gd do you? Unless you expect there could be blood sugar problems after birth I wouldn't bother about pumping beforehand.

We're cutting up firewood here today. This is the thing I don't like about this stage 'cause with chainsaws going I can't even be outside with everyone else. Sigh.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#182 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 06:42 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Emmaegbert, love the link! And I wish I had your sister--I even love fashion, lol. Wow, now my wheels are certainly spinning, so thanks for the information and ideas.

Nicole's had her baby!

Cbeclipse, sure, pump colostrum if you are so inclined.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#183 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

Cbeclipse, sure, pump colostrum if you are so inclined.

no harm in pumping colostrum but I wouldn't worry about doing it if you don't want to. Its not common that babies need any supplementation. But then again, it might come in handy. I've not had to supplement with my previous two babies, and I'm still nursing my older so no extra colostrum, but if your baby has severe jaundice, loses too much birthweight, etc, and the docs are recommending temporary supplementation, it would be nice to have that option.

Any nursing and still pregnant mamas on? Its starting TO HURT LIKE HECK again. I noticed DD seems to be teething her top molars, so maybe that is why? Ugh. Its making nursing no fun for either of us b/c I have to stop her, and then she cries and says she wasn't hurting me... ah. I too can tell there is more colostrum  (I can squeeze it out now) so I also wonder if she might be sucking harder, since she is getting something again? (I am pretty sure its been almost dry nursing for a few months at this point).

dissertating mom to three

#184 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 07:44 AM

So last night DH and I spent 10 hours out on a date. We used to "marathon date" all the time before we got married, but haven't done it much lately. It was nice to get that time in. We went to a farm to get pumpkins, to an Amish market that sells the most amazing pretzels, walked some shops and then went to a movie and dinner. It was awesome.

By the time I got home I was absolutely exhausted, and started having contractions. Mine haven't been timeable or regular and barely more than crampy. But they started hurting a little more and were regular-ish (though I didn't time them). I went to bed and they seemed to fizzle overnight. DH keeps getting SO excited that I think it's inhibiting any progress I might make... but I know he can't help it. I haven't had any show or mucus or anything, so it's probably nothing to get excited about... but it's the closest I've gotten!

Mom to Eli babyboy.gif 10/18/11 and loving wife to Derrin. heartbeat.gif 

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

#185 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 08:10 AM

All I can think of right now is Lifeguard and our other mamas who went days and weeks in prodromal hell.....I hope to heavens I'm not joining their ranks!

I am still pregnant......and yet, I feel like I'm about to spin into full labour any second

Contractions and queasy nauseousness and mucous galore and I feel so crummy and totally spaced out.... and yet, it just won't kick into the next gear

I was out walking in a downpour last night, just hoping to ramp it up.  

My MIL came last night, figuring either the baby is coming soon or at the very least I can use the help with DD while I feel so awful...and I feel like a watched turkey in the oven.

And if DH says one more time "so, you think it will be this weekend??"  I'm going to punch him.  You'll be the first to know, honey.

I'm seriously considering some castor oil...but the potential consequences/aftermath terrify me.

Cold weather babywearing:  I am just planning on a ring sling over my coat with baby very bundled up head to toe in wool, and a lightweight fleece blanket tucked over for real cold/wind.  I love the tutorials you see around for cutting a fleece or wool panel with buttons or zippers to attach to both sides of your coat, or here's a knit example

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/mycupcake/skoodlet-2

Excited to see all the new babies and hope pictures come soon - especially Nicolian's!  And you KNOW we all want to see PP belly shots, Nicole, aka our pinup!

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#186 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 08:17 AM

Or maybe cohash.....

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#187 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 09:23 AM

Katico, what are the fallouts/consequences of castor oil? Do you mean the pooping?

I have this "foolproof" labor accelerator recipe from my friends in Italy. My mw did not want me to use it last time, just because of the cohosh, but probably this time I would use it and just not tell her. This is how it was dictated to me:

"When labor starts, take 200ch Actea Racemosa

Then stir into a glass of water 6 pills of actea racemosa 5ch PLUS 6 pills of caulophyllum and drink it slowly every 10 minutes for an hour.

After the glass is done, put another 6+6 of the same in a 1/2 liter bottle of water, and drink that. If you finish that, and haven't had the baby, do it again.

Soon after the birth, take 200ch Arnica Montana.

After 24 hours, take Actea Racemosa 200ch again."

#188 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 09:35 AM

Trinket: That sounds like an awesome date!  Hopefully baby will decide that mom and dad have had enough alone time soon!

*RANT*

THEY ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY.  They got here at a little after 11pm.  Acted completely freaked out by even holding the baby, scolded my dog for sniffing the baby while my father-in-law bounced around the room getting the dog hyper and acting like he had no idea that it was him.  Mother-in-law kept going on about how she read a book on babies, because she hadn't changed a diaper in so long, but now she can tell me all about it.  Seriously?  It is a diaper.  Not rocket science.  Father in law keeps asking dumb questions about how often she eats, going on about how he doesn't want to change diapers (no one asked you to), how he doesn't see why people act like babies are so much work (you only hold her when she is fed, changed, and asleep!) and making cracks about "big, rough urban neighborhoods".  Seriously.  I live on a tree lined street filled with elderly couples who have been here 40 years and families with preschoolers.  I've lived in bad areas, very bad areas, I work in worse, this isn't one of them.  He walked to the drug store which is a block away and was talking about how it was dangerous to make eye contact with people in places like this.  And their shit is all over my downstairs.  One can barely walk.  I don't know why people need so much crap for two days.  Not the safest thing for carrying around a newborn baby, shoes and such just kicked everywhere.  In my dining room, the table is in the center of room.  He left his chair pulled very far from the table.  I asked him to get in out of the middle of the floor and he proceeded to argue with me that it wasn't REALLY the middle of the room.  When I started getting pissed off, he then was "I'm just joking, you know."  Well, sorry.  Stop being a jackass, realize I'm a bit tired, a bit hormonal, and freaking clean up after yourself.  My mom sent up a ton of baby stuff with them.  Guess who carried it upstairs to the nursery?  Husband and I.  I don't know how many trips it was, but not so much as an offer to help.  Hello.  Gave birth four days ago.  I'm a bit sore, not supposed to over do it, at least stop acting like you are here to help.  No, you are here to gawk at my baby.  She's a person, not a television set.  Mother in law keeps telling me that she can take the baby and watch it.  Um, no.  You can't.  She is five days old.  My milk came in yesterday.  You know what would be great though?  Not eating me out of house and home and leaving your dirty dishes in the sink for me to wash.  That would be swell.  And don't act like you don't know how.  I was stoked this morning because Aurora woke up twice, after 3 1/2-4 hour stretches and we got essentially 8 hours of sleep.  I haven't gotten that since at least a week before she was born.  What do I hear?  "That isn't that bad, for a newborn."  Not that bad?  That is FUCKING AWESOME.  They want to be entertained.  I don't want to entertain.  I want to lay in bed or sit in my chair and hold my baby.  Only until Monday.  Deep cleansing breathes.    

*breath*

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

#189 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 10:43 AM

om.gif That's bad, liveacreature. Can you go to your room with the baby and close the door? Take a nap together away from them, or just say you are doing that?

#190 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 10:58 AM

livacreature- just 2 days! try to survive. I agree, escape into your room and hide. Ask your DH to go clean up his parents' crap when you are sleeping. And comments on the sleeping. Get used to it. Why on earth everyone asks about how your newborn is sleeping is beyond me! Every so often, there is one who sleeps a lot. Mostly they don't. And guess what: you have no control over that. So why pester moms about it?!? My ILs are pretty hopeless/helpless but we have effectively instituted a no staying with us rule so that helps. They always bring LOADS of stuff too and way too much of it is to give to us.

I don't know about the labor cocktail but I definitely liked the arnica afterwards for soreness/swelling/afterpains. Helped a lot. I took a dose by mouth about every 15 minutes for the first few hours, then as needed for pain and soreness.

OK. Worst thing about the timing of this pregnancy? Its getting COLD all of the sudden and I have only 1 sweater and one long sleeved shirt. And that mamacoat, which fortunately has a "pregnancy panel". It could be worse but today I'm freezing and there is no way in heck I am going to buy new maternity clothes NOW.

Babywearing: I am outdoors so much that I don't want to wear my baby outside my coat once it gets cold and/or windy (not to mention rainy or snowy). I think I need to have him/her in by my body at this age to make sure the temp is healthy and warm enough. I don't have a car and even relatively "short" trips... especially with my 2yo... are 15-20 minute walks each way and sometimes quite a bit more. Adds up to several hours a day outdoors sometimes (I usually walk around 3 or 4 miles just for transportation each day and then there are outdoor activities and like I said, just accounting for 2yo speeds).

#191 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 11:25 AM

livacreature - I also say go hide!!  Seriously.  If they don't see you and the baby "out n' about" in the house, it might drive home the idea that you're still recovering, that you're not there to entertain them and clean up after them.  And if they remain totally clueless, at least you won't have to see them and any disarray they leave in their wake.  And, yes, the baby questions/comments...I think a lot of people just don't know what else to talk about re. a baby, new or not.  You will always be answering questions about sleep, eating/nursing, etc.

castor oil - Never tried it myself, but I know it worked well, and pretty fast, for a friend whose water was already leaking but who wasn't having contractions yet.  I think she did the milkshake version.  And so many women have diahrrea as labor starts anyway...it might be worth it...

cold weather - yep.  I'm so big and low now that nothing I own really covers the bottom of the belly.  Hasn't been too bad, but I know it's gonnna get chillier by the end of the week here.  As for baby-wearing...I seem to recall with DS, who was 4-8 months during his first winter...just bundling us both up (him: fleece coat, socks, baby legs either under or over pants and pulled down low enough to cover his feet too, hat, mittens) and putting him in the mai tei (froggy position) over my coat.  Also, for walks, since it was just him and me, I did use the snap n' go stroller a lot, too.  I'm definitely planning to wear this baby when I walk to drop off and pick up DS at preschool, but it's only 2.5 blocks.

AFM: 6 days till EDD and finally feeling more mentally ready and relaxed.  My mom suggested she and my dad come babysit tomorrow night so DH and I can go out together "one last time."  My sis and her husband want to get together with us, too...so I don't know if we'll go out to eat with them, or maybe just by ourselves.  I've been sleeping a bit better the past few nights, too.  Still waking a lot, but getting back to sleep easier.  DH just left to go to a soccer game (he's a season ticket holder...and I think this is the last home game, hopefully) so I'm in charge of dinner tonight.  Which will be banana and blueberry buttermilk pancakes.  Mm-mm.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#192 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

livacreature ... that just plain sucks.  Here are some steadying vibes to last you until they leave:  dust.gif

winter baby wearing ... I borrowed my dp's parka (she's bigger than me) and did it up most of the way over both of us, with the baby either in the sling or ergo.  I'd love one of the baby wearing coats, but no money for that at the moment.  We're not in a snowy mountain town this time though, so a larger jacket over the two of us should be fine. 

Question for mamas who use slings?  How many of you wear it over your jacket?  Katico, was it you who said you wear it over?  I was at the beach with the baby and toddler yesterday and wore it under but I usually wore it over.  Gets kind of tangled and jumbled up under.  I guess I just need to bundle the baby in more wool!  Nothing wrong with that!  Love wool on babies! Had the baby in gorgeous wool longies yesterday ... so cute!

rosemary ... that care package is so sweet!  I love people who are so supportive like that, even if they hardly know you. 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#193 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 12:58 PM

livacreature, I totally feel for you. That was how my mom was when we were in the NICU. It was more burden than help. I dont suggest hiding though. Tyat seemed to make it worse. Then you get questions about what's wrong with you, why are you grumpy, etc. I suggest just making them as uncomfortable as possible. "Wow, my vagina hurts really bad today. I have so much blood and discharge from all this activity. I think one of my stitches is infected." you know, whatever works.

My inlaws get here Nov 2nd and I have no idea how that will go. I just met them in April and we only spent 2.5 days together. I can't imagine what 8 days (while DH is working) will be like!

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

#194 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 01:15 PM

livacreature- sorry you have to deal with all that inlaw crap. That totally sucks. Only 2 days! That would be my mantra.

Cold weather- It is cold here today! I only have capri pants that fit me. And only 2 long sleeve shirts, both of them thin material. I have no coats that fit me. Maybe 1 sweatshirt that will fit/zip. I do not want to have to buy clothes right now though, I'm due in 10 days!

Pumping colostrum- I don't have gd. I guess I just hear about people having to sometimes supplement in the beginning for various reasons, and don't really want him to have formula. Who knows how long it will take for my milk to come in, hopefully not too many days. Maybe I'll give pumping a try and see what happens. Now, here is a "dumb" question, but how do you know when to switch sides when you are nursing? A certain amount of time? When they stop eating? I just realized that I should read up on breastfeeding. I've done all the labor/delivery reading, and feel totally comfortable with the baby stuff after he is born, but breastfeeding is all new to me. I also need to figure out the "rules" for saving colostrum/milk. I don't have a deep freezer, but it should be okay because I don't plan on having to pump tons, he will be with me all day everyday, lol.

Chelsea, loving mama to Landon, born 11/3

#195 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livacreature View Post

Oh, has anyone else had trouble sleeping not directly related to baby?  Baby is great, she feeds at night, has a cuddle, and goes back to sleep.  But I can't fall back to sleep.  I will doze off and then have the overwhelming need to check on her.  My mom and other people keep asking about sleep.  I'm not getting much, but it isn't because of her needs.  It's because of mine.

This is a couple days old, and it sounds like your nights are getting better, but YES.  I am so on edge about Julia's every little sound and movement.  The night before last, I woke up in a panic because she wasn't in my arms and I didn't know where she was (she was about six inches away from me, in the cut-down cardboard box we use to keep her safe between us).  I found her and held her and cried and cried and cried, from love and hormones and sleep(lessness) and confusion (and then finally I got up to use the bathroom and there was the hugest spider I've seen in this part of the world running around on the floor).  Good times.  I think my anxiety is decreasing a bit now though as I get used to her presence.

Your IL situation is just awful, and I hope you're finding ways to guard your baby and your space today and tomorrow.  I could not deal with people in my house right now. 

AFM:  Baby is into late-night cluster feeding, which has been involving hours and hours of tears and fluids interspersed with nursing sessions.  She sucks like a champ once she gets started but it's hard to establish the latch when she's so hungry and tired, and DH and I are trying to adjust to this sleep pattern.  I think it's going to get better - Julia is starting to fix her latch herself sometimes instead of popping off and wailing, and we will inevitably get used to waking up so much.  My milk really started flowing yesterday evening, and one breast got engorged, which made latch more difficult, but I pumped a bit to make it softer and Julia and I are working the engorgement down today. 

Baby had a little spot of my blood on her head from delivery that I finally wiped off last night after she puked all over herself.  I was kinda sad to see it go.  She's just so precious and perfect, I don't want her to change.  I was sad to clip her nails too.  I want to save every moment from this time, even all the late-night drama.  

ETA:  She's having a diaper-free nap on my lap right now, just laid across a dipe and a cover in case something happens, and I think she must really like it.  It's hard to get your legs crossed all comfy like that with a huge diaper stuffed in there.  

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#196 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 03:57 PM

katico - I hope it happens soon for you. I tried EVERYTHING (including castor oil - more than once) but she just wasn't interested in joining us just then.

livacreature - thank goodness it's almost over. And yeah, that is AWESOME she slept so long!!!

starling - with a lighter weight jacket I've worn my sling over & under - depending on my mood & what we are doing. Having it under does sometimes get a bit tangly (I tend to forget it's under & try to take it off with my jacket still on. For COLD weather & heavier jackets I find it much too bulky to wear it over & I feel more comfortable with baby close to me so I can monitor body temp better.

karli - that's hilarious!

cbeclipse - different people find different things that work for them. Personally I have never switched partway through a feeding. I bf on one side for one feeding & then the other for the next. At times that lo is cluster feeding I will bf twice on one side & then twice on the other. It works for me. I have very good supply so I'm not sure how that impacts it. I also have not had gassy babies (so far dd is very similar to ds in this stuff) & never needed to burp mid-feed.

yellowdart - I had a couple of those freak outs with ds. So scary in that half asleep pp state. I found that what helped a lot for me was to try to ignore the clock & just sleep when lo was interested in sleeping. With ds that meant we were up most of the night but slept quite well during the day for the first couple weeks. Eventually he did settle into a more normal routine but not being stressed about sleeping at night made it easier on my stress level - though I was still overtired.

#197 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 05:16 PM

Cbeclipse, kellymom is a great site for BF info. I never worried too much about switching sides. Would nurse on one side until baby seemed to lose interest or it got uncomfortable for me for some reason. Then, if baby seems to want more, I'd offer the other side. I would start nursing whichever side feels the most full (IME i could tell which one needed to be emptied more). Also, the milk at the end of a nursing session ("hind milk") has the most fat and calories. So better to fully empty one breast before switching sides.

#198 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 05:46 PM

cbeclipse, you'll encounter a lot of theories about when to switch sides nursing. Some say after 20 minutes, some say when the breast is empty, etc. Personally, when my milk came in, it came in strong, and what worked for me was nursing him on one side until it was gone, which can be more than one feeding. If you switch before all the milk is drained, your baby doesn't get the fatty hindmilk that is filling and can become really gassy and have green, spinachy looking poo. I started out switching though. A great resource is kellymom.com.

#199 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 07:30 PM

Holy crap, livacreature, what a nightmare your IL's are!  Thank goodness it's only two days.  I can't imagine. 

Cold weather:  I wish I had a nifty coat or something, but I think once I have to go on babywearing outdoors outings, I'll probably be bundling baby in wool as much as possible, using a Moby or Mei Tai against my chest, and putting my own coat over after carrier is on, and holding it as close to closed as possible.  I might look into zipper add-ons like a couple people have mentioned.  Sounds like something I could potentially do, and heaven knows I have enough fleece handy.

AFM:  Today I took all 4 kids to the toy store, did 3 loads of laundry, decorated DD's bday cake for tomorrow, took a nap on the lawn with Malcolm (such gooooorgeous weather today!), went to the grocery store, and got all the kids in bed by myself.  Oh!  And had my 2 week pp midwife visit.  Malcom's up to 9lb 8oz (+1lb 2oz from birth weight) and doing great!  My bleeding seems to have almost completely stopped, too, which is awesome.

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#200 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

cbeclipse, you'll encounter a lot of theories about when to switch sides nursing. Some say after 20 minutes, some say when the breast is empty, etc. Personally, when my milk came in, it came in strong, and what worked for me was nursing him on one side until it was gone, which can be more than one feeding. If you switch before all the milk is drained, your baby doesn't get the fatty hindmilk that is filling and can become really gassy and have green, spinachy looking poo. I started out switching though. A great resource is kellymom.com.

Oh, and yes, to this.  I quickly gave up the advice I got from the hospital with my first baby, and just went with what my gut told me for bf'ing.  Eventually learned what I was doing was called block feeding.  I essentially nurse on one side until it feels good an empty compared to the other side, which is usually for at least 2 feedings.  I think it's really helped my situation a lot, since I have a quick and overwhelming letdown for babies - it helps my milk supply even out much faster, and they always seem to grow like little weeds with all that good hindmilk they're getting.  :)

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#201 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 07:49 PM

Mw just got here and she's staying!
hjdmom24 likes this.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#202 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 08:06 PM

leiahs - you're amazing. Wow. And I loooove the image of you napping in the middle of the yard!!!

#203 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 08:06 PM

YEAH theboysmama!!!!!

#204 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 08:10 PM
~pi

Cold-weather babywearing: I have an old wool Ergo coat. It's kind of a pain to get on and off (it's really more of a cape) but it's toasty and warm and can accommodate either a front or back carry. DH tends to just put on a big winter coat (we have an oversized one we got for free) over both him and the babe. Both strategies seem to work well.

livacreature, does your DH have your back with the ILs? If not, he needs to.

Leiahs, wow! That is a seriously productive day. bow.gif And way to go on Malcolm's weight gain!

Panicking at night: I almost wish I were doing more of this. I am sleeping very soundly and only wake when DS2 fusses. I am glad he is in the snuggle nest. It makes me ever so slightly nervous that I am not more wakeful with him.

ETA: woo-hoo, theboysmama!!!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#205 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 08:20 PM

theboysmama - sooooo excited for you!!! Can't wait till baby gets here!!

Mom to Eli babyboy.gif 10/18/11 and loving wife to Derrin. heartbeat.gif 

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

#206 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 11:15 PM

So... Ernesto is half Spanish with black hair. I'm a brunette (naturally) from a family of brunettes (including extended family on both sides). Yet, we just took pics of Corbin from the side today and were shocked to discover he's a ginger. Ernesto has already disowned him and says we should put him up for adoption. Then kept referring to him as his stepson and saying, "It's ok, I'll raise him as my own." This is especially hilarious since he told his sister's redheaded boyfriend, "He may have Down Syndrome, but at least he's not a ginger!" Oops! :P

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

#207 of 242 Old 10-15-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKChix0r View Post

So... Ernesto is half Spanish with black hair. I'm a brunette (naturally) from a family of brunettes (including extended family on both sides). Yet, we just took pics of Corbin from the side today and were shocked to discover he's a ginger. Ernesto has already disowned him and says we should put him up for adoption. Then kept referring to him as his stepson and saying, "It's ok, I'll raise him as my own." This is especially hilarious since he told his sister's redheaded boyfriend, "He may have Down Syndrome, but at least he's not a ginger!" Oops! :P

Bwahahaha!  Corbin stillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gif

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#208 of 242 Old 10-16-2011, 02:08 AM

She is here! 8lbs10oz 20 inches long. My longest labor at about ten hrs, heaviest baby, and shortest baby.
She looks absolutely perfect! I can't believe she is here, alive and healthy.
I am wiped. Will post more labor.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#209 of 242 Old 10-16-2011, 05:18 AM

Congrats theboysmama!!!

#210 of 242 Old 10-16-2011, 05:46 AM

Woohoo! Theboysmama, congratulations! and get some rest already!

Karli, my dh has red hair and I wish I could have a red haired babe. Hopefully!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page