We've watched the scale go up together, wanna watch it go down? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-09-2012, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

I thought I posted this here, but I guess it was in the chat thread. Anyway, I got sick and lost 2 lbs. Probably all water! And really nasty. I haven't food logged seriously since, so tomorrow's the day.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 08:48 PM

I have to weigh myself tomorrow. Since I got sick, I haven't weighed, but I'd been down 2 from the puking, etc. Probably all water.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ds is up again tonight. He's been waking up & being up for hours in the middle of the night a lot lately. The lack of sleep combined with the little bit of sleep I am getting being broken by nursing is making me want to eat my weight in carbs. I wish I knew how to make this child sleep 'cause I swear this is slowly killing me.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Old 01-11-2012, 07:50 PM

I did part 1 of The 30 Day Shred today. I thought it was not hard, but maybe tomorrow I'll be sore?

Old 01-12-2012, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OM, I was sore for two days after my first time doing the shred.  I was putting on weight while weaning DS and started the shred program - it's a fun and quick workout :).

Knitting mama to Crabby Patty and Lovebug .

Old 01-12-2012, 09:15 AM

not sore...probably did it wrong because i am NOT in shape! what weight did you use, mythik?

Old 01-12-2012, 11:56 AM

yeah I think my 3lbs I "lost" was mostly water or something... I am bouncing around a bunch when I weigh myself. Oh well. I wish this was "effortless" for me but I know well enough that it won't be. I am frustrated! not food logging right now (I decided I will do it first week of each month, as long as I am not gaining weight).

started doing some mini workouts (15 minutes) each night. its all I can do to eke out 15 minutes right now. I hope it makes a difference. I am still walking daily- amounts vary depending on the weather and our schedule, but 1-4 miles a day.

dissertating mom to three

Old 01-12-2012, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Having a hard time being disciplined. Not gaining but certainly not losing. I keep blaming sleep but... I'm not so sure.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:31 AM

I'm about 6 pounds over my pp weight, and it's not budging. Gotta figure out some activities I can do. I walked a lot more while pregnant this summer and fall, with the good weather.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:08 AM

I didn't use weights with the shred, but I gained 8lbs after weaning DS and that was in 2 months!  So I need to be careful when I wean DD in a year :).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

not sore...probably did it wrong because i am NOT in shape! what weight did you use, mythik?

I'm hoping to knock down a few more pounds once it's nice enough to walk the kids after work/weekends this Spring...just a few more months!!!  My goal is to get to my PPW with DS by my birthday this summer as I need to renew my drivers license and want the same weight on there - superficial?  Yup.  But I'll be 40yo so I need to do what makes me feel good right? Oy boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulmoon View Post

I'm about 6 pounds over my pp weight, and it's not budging. Gotta figure out some activities I can do. I walked a lot more while pregnant this summer and fall, with the good weather.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

I just got home from the gym. Awesome session - most are but for some reason I can't get excited/motivated for my workouts right now.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:23 PM
~pi

Woo-hoo, lifeguard!!! (I will get excited for you.)

I am so off the wagon, and I so do not care right now.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 01-14-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View Post

I am so off the wagon, and I so do not care right now.

Ditto.

Wii bowling=my workout.

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:14 AM

I wish I had a wii. I have been in NH for 4 days with the kids while my DH does his evaluations for work--a twice a year crazy long process. It is below 0 and not okay to take the kids out. So I've done nothing but sit around and eat and read Kate Beaton comics (does laughing count for exercise?) It will be good to get back home. 

Old 01-17-2012, 09:32 AM

I am getting over the flu bug and also lost 2lbs this past weekend - not a fun way to lose I can tell you that.  DD was also sick but we are both on the mend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

I thought I posted this here, but I guess it was in the chat thread. Anyway, I got sick and lost 2 lbs. Probably all water! And really nasty. I haven't food logged seriously since, so tomorrow's the day.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:37 AM

I was doing so well with Weight Watchers last week.......then the weekend came.....

I don't know what my issue is. I want to eat crap all day long. I am so frustrated with myself. I have a good amount of weight to lose, and I don't know why I can't mentally do this.

Good news is that dp said he would watch Landon this weekend if I wanted to go to the gym. I should take him up on that offer and get my big butt to the gym. That would be a start.

Chelsea, loving mama to Landon, born 11/3

Old 01-18-2012, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

chelsea - I feel your pain. I get all motivated & then it just goes out the door in an instant. I just cannot seem to maintain it for any decent period of time.

Tonight I went to go do some time on the treadmill & discovered the cats have been peeing in this big fish tank thing (empty) in the corner of the room (the previous owners built this in for their pond fish in the winter). It reeeeeks down there. So irritating! Now a project I had hoped to leave for much, much, much longer (disassembling the tank) needs to be done asap. Yeah, I didn't finish my workout, I came upstairs & sulked with a bag of rice crackers.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:26 PM

Aw, lifeguard! EW. There is always something!

Chelsea, are you attending meetings? I found I did better when I attended meetings, mostly because of having to get on the scale there though, more than the talks. I met some nice women, too.

I'm "back on the wagon" now. Doing babyfit food logging (which is so annoying, but helps me) and hopefully doing some sort of activity daily.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:06 PM

I haven't gone to a meeting since I joined Weight Watchers. I need to start going. Haven't wanted to go since I know I've gained weight since I joined.....

I am working on a plan this weekend and will be full force to finally lose this weight starting Sunday or Monday. Need to go to the grocery store to get some healthy food. I might even go to the gym this weekend, if dp will stay with Landon

Old 01-22-2012, 08:12 PM

oh my, this was a baaaad weekend for eating. Tomorrow is a new day.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

That's right Rosemary.

So I think I have located my problem. I just don't want to do it anymore. I worked so hard throughout the pregnancy with working out & nutrition. The whole time I kept telling myself I would reap the rewards after she was born & in some ways I have (yeah, no more diabetes) but in the big, noticeable, tangible ways there has been no improvement. 40lbs even sounds good but the fact is I am taking up no less physical space than I was a year ago (I still don't understand that) & so the change feels somewhat meaningless. Plain & simple I put in a lot of work & just have not realized the results I had hoped for & that is beyond frustrating.

So here is my realization: I don't want to do it but that is irrelevant. I need to be eating well & working out to maintain my health, set a good example for my children & create good habits for all of us. Yes, it is hard & no fun & the results are ridiculously slow in coming but it still needs to be done.

Dh & I talked about this at length 'cause a big, big part of me wants to just say forget it, I'm fat & that's ok but for my health & that of our family it is not ok.

So tomorrow I am back on track with everything. I am going to be committed & try really hard to keep the bigger picture in view & ignore how much I despise my body (why is it so hard to remember the fabulous job it did/does of carrying & birthing & nourishing my children?) for now. I'm going to have faith that if I keep doing what needs to be done I will get to where I want to be, even if the journey is a lot longer & more complicated than I had hoped.

Bonus: a friend of mine is organizing a "biggest loser" contest that will be starting in a couple of weeks. I am most definitely going to enter & I hope it will give me a little extra push to get me through.

I think once I get some real momentum going it will get easier again.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:13 AM

I can relate lifeguard. I just don't want to do it anymore either. But, like you said, it's something I have to do for my family. I am back on track today. I will let you know how my day goes.........I CAN do this!!

Old 01-23-2012, 07:00 AM

That's pretty powerful, Lifeguard. I think that if it comes down to it, that is what it means for most of us in this boat. I haven't lost any weight all month. I'm only 4 lbs from my pre-preg weight, but my stomach (I noticed yesterday) looks 4 months pregnant when I relax. I put on my coat from last year and the waist was tight and the boobs, forget about it. Discouraged is a gentle word.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:16 AM

well, I thought I had posted something recently that I guess I haven't... I so feel what you are saying Lifeguard. Its just not fair that it has to be so hard for some of us. And I totally relate to the frustration of having been so strict during pregnancy and feeling like it "got me nowhere" (I gained 35 lbs! NOW, I had excellent blood sugar the whole time, my full-term baby was born healthy and actually smaller than my others, etc... so that is all good...)

I am determined to continue doing what I know is good for me (daily walking, eating a whole foods-based, low-carb/sugar/grain diet) because it makes me feel good and its good for my health. But, I also was just looking at pictures from my second child's first birthday and realizing that I looked and felt really good then (not perfect! but pretty good) and I had waited until she was 8m to get "on track". My baby isn't even 3 months old yet. Ladies: it hasn't been that long.

dissertating mom to three

Old 01-23-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

emma - you're right - it hasn't been long. People keep saying "you JUST had a baby" ---- but I wanted something spectacular & magical to happen to my body (you know, besides making a baby)!!! Patience is hard!

Old 01-23-2012, 08:17 PM
~pi

I am so with everyone on the not wanting to do it right now. I am giving myself permission to continue slacking off while I have a few big life things going on, but in a couple of weeks it will be time to get back on the wagon. I've been stress eating like mad and have gained 6-10 lbs since my lowest point pp. I am not thrilled about that, especially given that I started about 9-10 lbs over my personal ideal, so now I have 15-20 lbs to lose, which is going to take some serious effort. I know I can do it, I just don't particularly want to right now.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 01-25-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi View PostI know I can do it, I just don't particularly want to right now.

This is me all over. I was back at pre-pregnancy weight after a week or so, I didn't gain much. But pre-pregnancy weight is about 16 pounds heavier than I should be. I just can't seem to muster up the motivation to get down to business. I'm holding steady at 166 despite frequent and generous amounts of potato chips and chocolate, and I feel like although I could stand to lose the weight (I'm 5'6"), it's not a medical necessity and I just can't be bothered right now. Lousy attitude is my biggest problem!

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

Old 01-27-2012, 07:40 PM

I've been doing pretty well the last few days!!! Yay!

We'll see what happens when I go to Weight Watchers on Monday.

I really need to start exercising. I just don't know when. I am way too tired to do it at night after Landon goes to bed. I guess when he gets older I can bring him to the gym with me and he can go into the childcare room.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:46 AM

I stuck to my plan (more or less) and lost nothing this week. Boo hoo.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Good work Rosemary. I recently read that starting a new direction in something is like changing the direction of a fan. It takes a lot of energy at the start just to stop the current direction of the fan & get it moving the other way. So when you're putting in that first bit of effort that seems to yield no results it's just that it's laying the groundwork for the future.

User Tag List