still pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-17-2011, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

so... our DDC month is just shy of half over, there must be a good number of ladies still gestating, right?
my EDD is 10-24 so its not even unreasonable to expect to give birth in November!

dissertating mom to three

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2011, 07:06 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Oh yes, I'm still pregnant.

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:11 AM

Me too!  My "guess date" is tomorrow, but I'm not quite ready to be done being pregnant... maybe towards the end of the week?

Amy, feathering our nest with sweet husband O and baby girl, P (October 2011). 
Old 10-17-2011, 07:21 AM

Amy May, what makes you not ready to be done? Are you still under the weather?

Old 10-17-2011, 07:34 AM

My EDD is 10-28, so it isn't unreasonable to plan on a November baby, although I honestly don't want to believe it! For some reason I think this baby will be slightly early if not close to the EDD. My DS was 2 weeks late and I ended up being induced, so this thinking might be just being hopeful joy.gif

There is a tropical system coming in today, and it usually brings in lots of babies (per my MW). Here I am being hopeful again redface.gif

I have put up little signs in the bathroom, bedroom, and kitchen reminding myself that "I will birth when baby is ready".
Old 10-17-2011, 07:44 AM

I'm still pregnant. Due 10/25. I am ready to have him!!!! I'm wishing him out anytime soon/now!! lol 

I have my 39 midwife appt tonight. I can't decide if I want to ask her to check to see if I'm dilated at all. She said she doesn't usually check until 40 weeks, unless I ask her to. 

Chelsea, loving mama to Landon, born 11/3

Old 10-17-2011, 08:12 AM

I'm definatly still pregnant.  38 weeks today.  due 10/31.  I may go into Nov but I hope not!  I love being pregnant but I am starting to get antsy.  I am hoping for next week or the week after would be great. 

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

Old 10-17-2011, 08:43 AM

I'm still here! I'm 40+5 today... so hopefully mine will be soon. Who knows. I have friends whose predictions fall more around the end of the month, but I hope they're wrong. I'm quite uncomfortable!

Mom to Eli babyboy.gif 10/18/11 and loving wife to Derrin. heartbeat.gif 

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

Old 10-17-2011, 09:08 AM

Still pregnant!  My EDD is in 2 days.  I have an OB appt that day, & they'll do a bunch of checking up on the baby.  I'm a little nervous about it.  Last pregnancy I went in on my due date & my BP was up, amniotic fluid was low, and the baby's heartrate was having decels so I ended up being sent to the hospital to be induced.  It would be really nice to avoid being induced this time around! 

Old 10-17-2011, 09:30 AM

Still pregnant too...

Old 10-17-2011, 10:12 AM

Today is my "guess date" and I don't think I will be seeing my baby anytime soon. I was totally OK with this until last night when I got news an acquaintance has lost her baby at 34 weeks pregnantgreensad.gif..now I just want my baby out and in my arms!!

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm forty weeks and a day here. I'm 5cm dilated and 90% effaced. My doc offered to induce last week and I'm probably going to take her up on it. She thinks she'll break my water and my body will follow right along as I'm already contracting off and on. The prodromal labor is really psyching me out and physically wearing me out, too. I'm just waiting on a phone call from her to say yes or no for today. I really want the LO to have an odd numbered birth day, so I wish she'd get back to me.

Hannah, Wife to R , Mama to Alexander, born 2-15-08,
and Gabriel, born 10-17-11. Ask me about cleft lip and palate!
signcirc1.gif

Old 10-17-2011, 10:48 AM

Still pregnant here! I had a miscarriage right before this pregnancy, so it's like I've been pregnant for a full year straight. I am so done! Scheduled to be induced on Friday at 39 weeks +1 day. I have gestational diabetes, and both my other births were also induced. Right now I am 2 cm dilated. Thinking I should ask to go into the hospital the night before, worried my cervix is not ripe enough. Really looking forward to finally holding this baby in my arms!

lady.gif mama to H. 4/05 and A. 9/08 and baby C. 10/11

Old 10-17-2011, 04:02 PM

I find this thread oddly reassuring, of course there must still be lots of us hanging out!

EDD is 10/23 but the past 5 days have been full of prodromal false alarms and discomfort.  

I'm very ready to be done.  I'm feeling pretty glum.  

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

Old 10-17-2011, 06:28 PM

I just got back from my midwife appointment. I have to go have a sonogram this week to make sure he is head down, and to see how big he is. She thinks he is kind of big.

She recommended a blue and black cohosh routine. I feel like I've heard conflicting things about them. I'll have to look into it.

She did an exam, not dialated : ( He is still high. but, my cervix was soft.

I just want him to be here.......I feel like the further along I get the more I worry about him.

Chelsea, loving mama to Landon, born 11/3

Old 10-17-2011, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Still here too!  But won't be going into November hopefully!  Now 40+2 (or 4 depending on who's date...).  Last app't at 40 weeks had soft, thick 1 cm dilated cervix....labour not looking too imminent.  My 4 yr old DD was induced with pitocen at 40+ 3 due to high BP and very low fluid...so I have no idea what it's like to start labour naturally!  The induction wasn't so bad, except for the hemorrhage after....

Next midwife appt at 40+ 6...and I'll likely drink a herbal concoction called lemon verbina (mw says she gets it from Germany and mw's in Europe use it quite a bit and that it works well).  Anyone heard of this or had experience with it?

Hope your babies arrive when and how you hope :)

Old 10-18-2011, 01:12 AM

I'm here. My EDD is the 22nd. I am mostly a lurker. ;) I am not ready to give birth yet. It takes me awhile at the end of pregnancy to come to terms with all the changes that will be happening when baby is born. I have a hard time giving up baby because I enjoy being pregnant for the most part and it is bitter sweet when they are outside the womb. I'm getting excited though. I originally didn't want to go much past my EDD, but I cannot, cannot imagine I'll have a baby by the weekend!

Old 10-18-2011, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter

I wanna see some late-pregnancy belly shots! Rosemary, Amy and I put up recent ones...

Old 10-18-2011, 06:03 AM

Yeah, more belly pics!

Old 10-18-2011, 06:14 AM

Mostly a lurker - but I am STILL here.  Not due until Sunday (23rd), but I "feel" overdue!  I had bothof my DDs by now - so this is the longest I have ever been pregnant!  I was 3+ cm and 75% effaced last Thrusday and the Dr stripped my membranes but nohting happened - she thought I owuld deliver within a couple of days but so far nothing more than a couple of bouts of mild ctx for a couple of hours...hopefully it has done something though.  She did say that when you have those bouts of ctx when the real thing comes it is usually faster.  So I am staying at my mom's house bc she is much closer tot he hospital than I am - I live 1.5 hours away on dark lonely roads with no cell phone service.  My DH hasn't been able to join us here and was planning on just meeting us at the hospital when the time comes, but he is finally able to come today.  I think maybe my body is waiting for him to be here with me! Do you think that could happen?? Maybe tonight is the night!  It's funny - I never think of having a baby during the day - I always went into labor at night!

SAHM to DD1 - 6 blahblah.gif, DD2- 3energy.gif,DS Oct 2011 babyboy.gif Wife to dh.   homeschool.giftoddler.gif  sleepytime.giffamilybed1.gif

Old 10-18-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by **mom2one** View Post
  She did say that when you have those bouts of ctx when the real thing comes it is usually faster. 

This gives me great hope lol.gif

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

Old 10-18-2011, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by **mom2one** View Post

Do you think that could happen?? Maybe tonight is the night!  It's funny - I never think of having a baby during the day - I always went into labor at night!

hope so for you!

I had my second at 5PM after a very quiet relaxing day and then a fast and furious labor (under 3 hours). And it was actually amazing, kind of hoping for something similar this time. We were all cleaned up and fed and cozy by 9PM and in bed not long after that for the night... it was so.... civilized. HOWEVER my DH only gets 3 days off work, so I am trying to imagine... what scenario gets us the most time with him before he has to go back to work.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:22 PM

I'm 40 weeks today. DS1 arrived at 40w 2d, and I kept hearing that subsequent babies often come earlier, so this past week has been DRAGGING. I was getting lots of contractions Saturday night, and I was so excited, but then they just went away. I can't believe baby is still in there, he has been so incredibly LOW for the past month, everyone is amazed he's still in there.

I'm feeling a bit more relaxed about the birth today, since I finally got my hands on my Hypnobirthing book again for a refresher, but overall I feel almost depressed. I just want to sleep until baby is here, I can't even find inspiration to knit anymore!

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunieMoon View Post

I'm here. My EDD is the 22nd. I am mostly a lurker. ;) I am not ready to give birth yet. It takes me awhile at the end of pregnancy to come to terms with all the changes that will be happening when baby is born. I have a hard time giving up baby because I enjoy being pregnant for the most part and it is bitter sweet when they are outside the womb.

I can relate to this too.  For me I almost feel like I'm mourning a bit the change in relationship with dd1 (4.5 yr) that will inevitably occur.  Not that it's going to be all negative....just different.  And life will definitely be a lot less relaxing so I'm trying to enjoy these last few days (and it's sunny here now too!).  Still there's the worry about things going wrong and just wanting to see baby safe and sound in your arms.

Going to try to share a belly shot for fun!P1000500.jpg

Old 10-18-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot1 View PostP1000500.jpg

biglaugh.gif

Old 10-18-2011, 06:25 PM

Wow, that's some tromp l'oeil, dot1!

My friend just had her baby: 2.5 weeks late. It was her 3rd. Yuck. 10lb 4oz baby, too. We all thought maybe this one would be 6 lbs or something because she looked so small. If I go 2 weeks late, I don't know what I'll do. If I go 2 days late, I don't know what I'll do!

Old 10-19-2011, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

amazing belly shot! I have been thinking of doing something like this if I am still pregnant at 41 weeks (halloween will be 41 weeks to the day). I was thinking along the lines of buying a really cheap white tank top and having DH draw a fetus on it for me (he is an artist) b/c I doubt it will be warm enough to go around in a bikini top that day!

but maybe a pumpkin would just be the way to go!

Old 10-19-2011, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Dreamy... my first was 38w1d, my second was 40w4d. Those last 2 1/2 weeks felt like they went on FOREVER. AH! I can relate. This time I am trying to just wrap my mind around the idea of being 41, 42 weeks so I am not too disappointed. But yeah, I am tired and utterly unmotivated despite many, many things I could be working on (for school, for life...) Apparently I am not much of a "nester".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post

I'm 40 weeks today. DS1 arrived at 40w 2d, and I kept hearing that subsequent babies often come earlier, so this past week has been DRAGGING. I was getting lots of contractions Saturday night, and I was so excited, but then they just went away. I can't believe baby is still in there, he has been so incredibly LOW for the past month, everyone is amazed he's still in there.
I'm feeling a bit more relaxed about the birth today, since I finally got my hands on my Hypnobirthing book again for a refresher, but overall I feel almost depressed. I just want to sleep until baby is here, I can't even find inspiration to knit anymore!

Dot1 I felt the same way with my second, and have been feeling it too with this (my third) though my 2 1/2 year old has always been someone's sister, so in that way her life isn't going to change quite as radically. In the past months she has become really, really involved in the idea of herself as a "big girl" maybe b/c she is also anticipating the change? I feel sad for her just to be still so young when she has to stop being the baby. The spacing between my first two was 4.5 and what I really liked is that I felt like my oldest was completely done with being a baby, he was ready to take on that role of the big kid in the family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dot1 View Post 

For me I almost feel like I'm mourning a bit the change in relationship with dd1 (4.5 yr) that will inevitably occur.  Not that it's going to be all negative....just different.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:41 PM

Ok now I am getting impatient. My son's field trip is over and I know I have alot of other things to deal with in the next couple weeks (such as my son getting expelled from school!) So this weekend would be a good time for her to come (because holding out to 44 weeks just isn't my idea of fun). And apparently I am getting a little cranky about it because I just snapped on my friend for texting me to ask if the baby was here yet. Ummm don't you think I would be so excited to tell the news that you don't need to ask!! Yep I'm finally at that point of being "done" that I never thought I would get too!

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjdmom24 View Post So this weekend would be a good time for her to come (because holding out to 44 weeks just isn't my idea of fun).

Hang on...when were you due? Poor you!!!! Out, baby, out!

User Tag List