Chat Thread: 11/20-11/26 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-22-2011, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

livacreature - there are days I just do not know why we have pets! Sigh.

Loving the smiles! NOT loving our 2am bedtime.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2011, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DTD- with past 2 kiddos, has taken me about a year to get ANY consistent sex drive back. And even longer to get back to a more normal amt. I just kind of make myself do it b/c yes, it is important. At least in my relationship. Unfortunately, tried some the other day and it totally hurt, had to stop. We'll try again in a little while. I know the feeling of partner getting WAY to excited from any overture of closeness or intimacy. Unfortunately that has caused problems where b/c I know I am not ready for sex, I shy away from any contact. He has gotten better about that (understands that it takes a while and that in the long run, its in his interests not to have me afraid to touch him for fear of him instantly upping the ante) and also I am trying to offer some other (infrequent so far) methods of satisfaction to him now and again. DH has promised to have a vasectomy, and I am wondering if that will help me- fear of getting pregnant is a big turnoff for me.

dissertating mom to three

Old 11-22-2011, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

I've been reading, too, and I'm wearing a Snugli right now, too, so that I can have my freaking hands!

Pi, I'm really sorry about the diastasis recti. I had that with DS and likely have it now, though I haven't checked. I don't think mine ever went completely back together. Did you have any with your previous pregnancy?

Katico, wow! I can't think of any more kids but it's great to hear you having such a great experience!

DTD: I wonder when this will happen, since DD likes to be in my arms in bed at night! And DH seems to have taken the guest room for his very own. I'm not horny at all, but I agree about the relational aspect of things. Basically, when I'm not holding the baby, I don't want anyone touching me.

Off dairy and chocolate, DD is like a different little person (good and bad.) It's not quite like night and day, more night and later afternoon, but I'll TAKE IT. She's been awesome at night (cross fingers) and not writhing in agony, not throwing up, not even needing to be burped. She's down to 1-2 poops a day from 10+. This could also be newborn adjustment, but I noticed the difference the day after I reluctantly cut out the cow. Unfortunately, it's Thanksgiving and I love buttered food and pumpkin pie. Crapsticks!

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:57 AM

DTD: I actually want to but have no idea when! This little girl is always fussy at night and when I finally get her settled late at night I go to bed with her-exhausted. We'll work it out somehow. Maybe by some miracle I can get both girls to nap at the same time on a weekend.

Wanting more kids: The transition to 2 has been hard for us. Dd1 of course has had some tantrums and meltdowns even though she is totally in love with her sister. Then DH doesn't handle the tantrums well and I get mad at him... I feel like we had a couple of weeks of just being pissed off at each other. Really not connecting well at all. But despite all that- I still see myself having another baby. We'll see if that is even possible since I've had to use fertility treatments to conceive both of my girls. I do think I'd like to have Maeve be a bit older then Fiona is now though. Of course she may not be as intense as Fiona is. My point is- even though this has been a challenging transition, I still want another baby.

Smiles: We've gotten little hints off and on but yesterday I got my first full on smile. I was swooning!

EC: We are trying here. Just in the past few days really since early attempts didn't really work out for us. She's peed several times for me and pooped once. I'm going to keep it up because I love the idea. Hopefully I can get better at reading her cues too.

Super cold here today. 5 degrees with wind chills at -20. We are having a home day! I'll try to do some prepping for Thanksgiving and keep my oldest occupied as much as possible. Wish me luck! I get a little stir crazy when we are cooped up at home too long.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

Old 11-22-2011, 12:24 PM

Smiles: I have a VERY smiley and responsive little guy. He also answers me when I ask questions. I love it.

DTD: We were fooling around within days of the birth and have been DTD regularly since about 4-5 weeks after. No birth control though and no period yet. I have no idea when to expect it. I was pumping exclusively for the first month, then weening off for another month, but my milk has been gone for about two weeks now. Finding time hasn't been an issue since we have such a good little guy, and my drive has been there nonstop. We'll see what happens with my fertility now - I didn't ovulate for years and Corbin was a miracle. Hoping we eventually get another miracle or two.

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

Old 11-22-2011, 01:09 PM

Smiles- I am loving the little smiles! Last night and this morning Kai was in a great mood and was smiling constantly (for me and dh). love.gif

DTD- I'm probably the meanest wife in the world right now, but ds is 5w5d and dh hasn't gotten anything in that time. And I do mean *anything* redface.gif In my defense, though, he's been sick for quite a bit of that time (on and off) so it wasn't always me not giving anything, there were times when he couldn't have done anything even if I wanted to. At least, that's how I justify it. LOL! As far as I know, he's got 2 hands and he knows how to use them winky.gif

More kids- DH really only wanted just one more (this one) and that was it. He's completely changed his mind and, if we were in a better financial place, he'd totally love at least one more. Since we're both still relatively young (he's 30, I'm 27) then it's still a possibility. We'll see what happens....

Hair- Kai hasn't really lost any hair, much to my surprise. My older ds lost all his hair (was dark, lost it, grew back in blond and curly). I was kinda hoping Kai's would go blond and curly too!

I had my check-up today and all is well. Stitches are gone, down there has healed well (or so the dr says! LOL!). Uterus is back down to pre-pregnancy size. I'm only 11 pounds over my first pregnancy check weight (which was actually 5 pounds below my starting weight, because I lost 5 pounds at the very beginning due to morning sickness). So I'm technically only 6 pounds over my pre-preg weight. However, none of my jeans fit, or even close to it. My hips are wiiiiiiiide. LOL! Got a script for the mini-pill and a "we'll see you either next fall for a pap or when you get pregnant again, whichever comes first". Very comforting lol.gif

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

Old 11-22-2011, 01:10 PM

rosemary, a lot of people can tolerate butter if the cow proteins are the problem. I have a friend whose son has many allergies (celiac, also intolerant of dairy and soy, poor kid). He can eat ghee- which stands in well for butter in many recipes.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:56 PM

karli - so exciting that you are looking towards more, what a fun change of view!

Old 11-22-2011, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

nak

livacreature: bow.gif

more kids: we had both kids via donor embryo, and we don't have any left from the six we started out with.  So, not likely.  You can't pay for embryos in Canada, and it's quite rare to be given them, so my childbearing era is probably over.  If it were up to us, we'd have more.  And my dp is 40 and as butch as they come, so she's not going to be the one to get pregnant. Ever. We may look into fostering at some point.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:00 PM

I also hate typing one handed, which is why I haven't been saying too much. And, now my laptop decided to stop working, so I'm doing this from my IPad. Yesterday was a much better day than Sunday. Sunday was the roughest day yet. He was so fussy and hungry all day. Dp went home yesterday and spent the night there, so it's just been Landon and I since early yesterday. Dp comes back tonight after work. We did pretty good on our own though. I kind of think that dp stresses me out and makes things worse a lot of the time.....which is terrible. I need to work on that. I go back to work on Monday......I'm very nervous about it. Landon is so demanding of my time, how am I going to be able to do what I need to do for work and not feel like I am ignoring him? greensad.gif I know that with time it will all work out. It's just overwhelming to thing about right now. I can hardly fit in a shower, how the hell will I be able to take care of a 2 and 6 year old??

Dtd- none of that here yet. Dp is going crazy though. He can't wait. I'm thinking about trying it out soon though. It will be 3 weeks on Thursday. Why do they say to wait 6 weeks if most of you seem to be fine with it much earlier? Just curious. I did have a small tear on my perineum, so that is my main concern. Only needed 4 stitches for it though.

Hair- Landon hasn't lost any hair yet. We'll see what happens though, he is still young.

Pets- my cat is driving me crazy. He is such a bad boy. He runs around like a mad man all day. I wish he would just be mellow and sleep! He gets all over the counters and kitchen table, just gets into everything I don't want him to.

Chelsea, loving mama to Landon, born 11/3

Old 11-22-2011, 06:14 PM

livacreature - sounds like a scene from a tv show or movie...you didn't happen to film yourself, did you? winky.gif

karli - my cycles were wackadoo before DS was born, but actually normalized after he was born.  i think being pregnant somehow reset things.  maybe you'll have a similar experience.  and lucky you to have a super smiler orngbiggrin.gif

More Kids - umm...well, we just planned to have two, and now we have two.  and i just said to DH that I'd like DD to skip age 3 all together.

3 is kicking my ass.  i really don't know how DS will come out of this unscathed.  I try to be patient, to remain calm, to remember that he's at the age where he needs to explore/exert autonomy, blah blah blah.  But every day I lose it on him.  every day I hear myself using horrible, mean, sarcastic tones of voice and saying horrible things (e.g. today, after nap, he took off his wet diaper on his own and changed back into underpants.  i told him he needed to wash his hands cuz he was touching a pee-soaked diaper.  a tantrum ensued.  he got all snotty.  he kept wiping his nose with his hands and sleeves.  so he really needed to wash his hands.  this went on for over an hour, during which i was literally saying "Do NOT touch me with those gross hands!"  "No, you can't watch me change Annika's diaper first.  Wash your hands NOW!  Get out of my room!" [picked him up, put him in the hallway. shut my door with me and DD in and DS out])

I am a bitch.  an utterly bitchy mom.  And I know I want to model good appropriate behavior for him...but I just can't anymore.  I feel like most of the time I can't stand to be around him greensad.gif.  Part of it, I think, is feeling very protective of DD...especially during this past week and a half when DS has been sick....since she's often in my arms, I end up feeling like I don't want DS around us.  I catch myself having horrible looks on my face when he's around.  I don't smile at him nearly as much as I used to.  I don't have the patience to do things for him that I know he can do himself.  He makes so many demands and I wonder what' s the right balance between letting him feel some control and not letting him think we'll do whatever he says.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

Old 11-22-2011, 08:24 PM

not_telling: I soooooo dislike the mommy I am to ds right now. 3 is just awful! I am finding I am (too) slowly finding better strategies, unfortunately my main strategy is just to farm him out to my mom, mil or dh a fair bit to give myself a break - but I find I feel incredibly guilty about it a lot. I just hate some of the thoughts I have towards him lately - sigh. I have found that telling him frequently that I love him & am proud of him & that he is my special boy often keeps it all to the forefront of my mind & helps me focus on the positive. I spend a lot of energy keeping my voice & words & attitude positive - which is draining but seems to help. And venting here & knowing I'm not the only one who's 3 year old has become a part-time monster definitely helps.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:00 PM

More kids: I really think Aurora is our one and only bio-kid.  Pregnancy was too hard on me, I can't imagine doing it and taking care of another child.  I know there is no promise of hyperemesis again, but honestly, I can't put myself through that again. It was hard on DH too, it complicated my other health issues, he didn't get a full nights sleep for months because he was monitoring me in my sleep.  I would like more children, but there are other ways when we decide we're ready again.  I absolutely love everything about being her mom, she's awesome, and if they appeared magically without the morning sickness, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Mom's of three year olds, mad props.  They are really coming into their own then and that takes a lot of energy on everyone's part.  It can be hard to stay patient, and my experience with them has always involved leaving at the end of the day.  

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:17 PM

3 year olds.  ARGH.  I am right there with you.  I have yelled at her more times in the month since DD was born than, I don't know, the prior 6 months? year? her whole life? Everything is no, no, no, I don't want to or please, please, please, I want that.  She is totally in testing mode and I have so, so little patience right now.  I really don't want to be this mom.  greensad.gif

Weight Well, it took almost 5 weeks, but baby girl is finally over her birth weight! joy.gif I was so worried after weighing her last week and realizing she had only gained about 7oz in 2 weeks.  Today she weighed 10lbs 9oz (up from 9lb 14oz 8 days ago, which was her birth weight)!  Of course, she immediately peed & pooed after, so really she's probably more like 10 6 or 7, but whatever - healthy gain!  I have been trying to get a little more formula in her this week, and I decided to go ahead & take domperidone, though I don't think it's doing much yet.  I've been trying to pump as much as possible, though that will be harder with the holidays.  DSS is here for the next few days and he's being punished (teenagers, ugh, that's a whole other ball of crap) so I have to keep a close eye on him and, yeah, not pumping in front of a teenage boy.  He'd probably be traumatized!

Work I am so not looking forward to going back to work, even though it will only be temporary.  The longer I am away, the more bitter I am.  I'm going to have to go make nice with these people, & I hate/am really bad at being fake.  angry.gif

I'm trying to get out more during the week.  I'm realizing that to get out of the house, I have to get up & showered before DH & DD1 leave for work/school in the morning.  Otherwise by the time I get myself together, it's almost time to pick DD1 up from school & the whole day is blown.  I'm 2 for 2 this week, but tomorrow I'm staying home to make some Thanksgiving food & monitor DSS.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:34 AM

1 handed typing is slow and I hate it.  Cuddly baby softly snoring and cutting off the circulation in my other arm is totally worth it though.

nursing:  DD was occasionally throwing up entire meals and was really gassy and fussy.  Her poop was green.  I was super engorged and leaking all the time.  I stopped pumping entirely (had only been doing it once a day) and started SERIOUS block feeding- day boob vs. night boob.   2 days later we have yellow poop again, no vomit, less fussiness, and less engorgement and leaking.  So now that it seems 'fixed', can I pump again?  Do I keep block feeding, or will that decrease my supply further?  I don't want to swing the other direction into undersupply.  I have no idea what I'm doing with this whole parenting thing.  

hair: Alyssa started out with hair, I promise.  She lost the top sides first by rubbing her head against my arm in our sleep.  Little by little, she has taken out all the hair on the top, leaving decent sides and back.  I keep calling it 'man hair', and it cracks me up.  I'm glad to hear she isn't the only tiny old man.

smiles:  occasional moments that I think may be lopsided grins, but then they turn into cries so I'm thinking we aren't there yet.  She isn't really interested in interacting much, though she will do some great eye contact and intense staring when she feels like it. 

My weight: down to the last 10 lbs before hitting pre-pregnancy weight.  My face looks thinner than it was pre-pregnancy, but my belly is still looking 2 months pregnant.  I have started taking short walks, and can hopefully build up some stamina and endurance so that I can get in shape.  I'd say "back in shape", but I wasn't in shape to begin with.

DTD:  We figured because I ended up with a c-section that the 6 week rule shouldn't apply, so we tried it week 2.  Unpleasant even with lube.   Same result week 3.  Talked with my OB about pelvic pain (my bones feel like I attempted bareback horse riding over a mountain) and was told that because I labored before the section, my stuff is all out of whack same as if she had come out properly. Stupid PP bleeding last week looked almost serious enough to be my period, so now there's added paranoia that I may be back in business as far as needing birth control goes.   6 week ob check was today, and we got the all clear.  Hopefully it won't be like it was weeks  and 3!

AFM:  stressing out over baby breathing- she sometime wakes herself up gasping/choking, and then gets this wide eyed panicked look on her face, does the gasp/choke again, and then starts crying like crazy.  She seems to be holding her breath between the gasps, and it freaks me out and makes me think she forgets how to breathe for a moment or something.  I don't want to let her out of my sight now and am finding it difficult for me to go to sleep, because now I'm worried she's going to stop breathing and not wake herself up.  SCARY STUFF.  Anyone familiar with this at all?

Old 11-23-2011, 03:10 AM

kindyll - I think I would experiment a bit with block feeding set-ups. Night/day seems extreme to me (I did it myself but not until ds was more than a year old & it was really just for convenience at night) at this point. I block feed & usually do 2-3 feedings on one side & then switch. As for pumping - what is your main goal with it? I pump to build up a small supply in the freezer but don't "need" to have it so I only pump when I feel engorged which tends to be in the morning - but not every morning. When I do pump I pump on the side I'm not feeding on & as I get milk pretty quickly I limit the amount of time I'm pumping to about 5 minutes which will produce 2-4oz (for me - this obviously will vary for everyone).

Are you sharing sleep somehow? As long as I am sleeping with baby I feel comfortable 'cause I wake very easily at any changes but I would definitely not sleep well with worry over breathing if baby wasn't right beside me. Ime my babies seem to have really strong gag reflex & it always looks worse than it is. I think you'll likely find what is "normal" for her & be able to relax a bit. Ds used to seriously stop breathing for several seconds if he got water in his face & it was bizarre (I taught swimming for years & never saw it so severe) & dd cries so hard she can't breathe for a few seconds & then catches her breath but as with each them that is their "normal" I am able to stay calm about it (after the first few times). Definitely keep an eye on it though.

It is 5:00am. Went to sleep at 2:30am once dd was finally asleep then woke at 4:30 to screaming. Ds had thrown up. Get him up, out of yucky pj's, bath, settled in my bed (with a towel down), 5 minutes later he throws up again on my bed (missed towel) - luckily not requiring a full bath this time. Now he settled on the couch with dh & the kitten watching Cars. Sigh. The real kicker - I had finally got around to putting fresh sheets on my bed this afternoon!

Old 11-23-2011, 07:43 AM

lifeguard- sorry ds is sick. The only reason he threw up in your bed is bcs you had new sheets, always works out that way.

Crappy nights sleep last night and of course she is sleeping heavy right now. ugh (she is usually a good sleeper so I am a tad spoiled).

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Old 11-23-2011, 08:01 AM

NAK

Does anyone else's baby seem to have a lojack on them?  I will try to sneak out of the room to pee in the middle of the night and before I'm at the door, she is wailing.  I can't put her down and leave the room without her crying, no matter how soundly she is asleep or how much DH is cuddling her.  I don't know how she knows, isn't it too early for separation anxiety?  I don't ever leave her for long, but sometimes mama has to pee or go to the basement to clean litter pans which are not conducive to having baby with me!  It makes me sad because she only cries when she is hungry, right before bathtime/when she's naked, and when I leave the room.

After a week of going through the night, she put me through the ringer last night and we were up every hour to eat.  She hasn't been this hungry in a long time!

Old 11-23-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post

rosemary, a lot of people can tolerate butter if the cow proteins are the problem. I have a friend whose son has many allergies (celiac, also intolerant of dairy and soy, poor kid). He can eat ghee- which stands in well for butter in many recipes.

THIS is goooood news! I've actually decided a week out from eliminating milk that it is actually night and day difference. She's way happier and healthier and the nights are going great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post

more kids: we had both kids via donor embryo, and we don't have any left from the six we started out with.  So, not likely.  You can't pay for embryos in Canada, and it's quite rare to be given them, so my childbearing era is probably over.  If it were up to us, we'd have more.  And my dp is 40 and as butch as they come, so she's not going to be the one to get pregnant. Ever. We may look into fostering at some point.

Is it just a one time donation? Does everyone in Canada rely on donation for this? I wish you could have all the kids you want. As my friend with a similar issue says, she's not the "shut up kid and eat your donut" kind of parent, so why can't the universe be more just? However, great that you have the 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindyll View Post

AFM:  stressing out over baby breathing- she sometime wakes herself up gasping/choking, and then gets this wide eyed panicked look on her face, does the gasp/choke again, and then starts crying like crazy.  She seems to be holding her breath between the gasps, and it freaks me out and makes me think she forgets how to breathe for a moment or something.  I don't want to let her out of my sight now and am finding it difficult for me to go to sleep, because now I'm worried she's going to stop breathing and not wake herself up.  SCARY STUFF.  Anyone familiar with this at all?

dd was doing this and yes, freaked us out. We took her in and they said it was her nose draining and she was gagging on the mucous. She did the entire stop breathing, gag, not breathe for SO long it seemed and then was ok. We actively hosed her nose with the aspirator (I went and splurged on a Graco automatic nose sucker that does it fast) and put saline drops in the nose first to loosen it up. Also humidified the room.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

We made it to the in-laws house in NY at 11 last night. DS did GREAT the whole way. He slept until about 10 minutes before we stopped for dinner, reluctantly took a bottle, went back to sleep after I nursed at the restaurant, and was starting to wake up when we arrived. Then of course, FIL's golden retriever/lab (who is super hyper) jumped up while my brother in law was holding DS and scratched his head. Not badly or anything but it set off a bad mood for the rest of the night. And I think the trip stressed him out. He's been screaming all morning, till I finally managed to keep him on the breast for a few minutes and get him to sleep. Maybe he just needs a de-stress nap. It'll be a really long day if this mood persists.

Mom to Eli babyboy.gif 10/18/11 and loving wife to Derrin. heartbeat.gif 

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

Old 11-23-2011, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post

Is it just a one time donation? Does everyone in Canada rely on donation for this? I wish you could have all the kids you want. As my friend with a similar issue says, she's not the "shut up kid and eat your donut" kind of parent, so why can't the universe be more just? However, great that you have the 2.

nak (what's new?)

Yep, one time, a chance of a lifetime, miraculous gift!  Thanks for your sweet words, Rosemary.

Trinket ... Great that you made it!  Hopefully your little one relaxes ad you can all have a peaceful day!

kyndall ... What about silent reflux?  Hope her breathing normalizes soon.

lifeguard ... the four times dd has barfed in our bed in three years has each been *just* after I changed the sheets.  I feel you!  I hope he feels better today.

livacreature ... total lo-jack situation here.  Which seriously puts a hamper on finding time to dtd.

AFU: H hasn't pooped in five days.  I fear the blow-out.  Will it be awful?  I haven't experienced this before ...

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 11-23-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post

livacreature ... total lo-jack situation here.  Which seriously puts a hamper on finding time to dtd.

AFU: H hasn't pooped in five days.  I fear the blow-out.  Will it be awful?  I haven't experienced this before ...

Yes.  It will be.  We had it happen last week and is pending again if the smell of her is any indicator.  It was all up her back AND belly.  Fortunately we were both home and planning on bathing her and it wasn't two am.  She was a very gross baby.  

Old 11-23-2011, 12:18 PM

Dd totally knows if I try to leave her in the car for 2 minutes to bring groceries in - protests loudly every time!

Old 11-23-2011, 01:18 PM

blow outs- even if you are not ecing I would totally hold the baby over the potty each time after he nurses and you are highly likely to catch it in the toilet avoiding all of the blow out issues.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Old 11-23-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livacreature View Post

Does anyone else's baby seem to have a lojack on them?

LOL

All my kids have this ability.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:45 PM

I have lost my good natured happy baby and somegow a fussy, crying, has-to-be-snuggled baby has taken his place. I can't put him down today. I tried my sling - no dice. If I set him down, he screams. He didn't sleep much at all last night either, so we're both exhausted and cranky now. He had some cold symptoms, but those resolved after I suctioned a massive wad of mucous out of his nose. Now he seems constipated. I'm typing this on my iPhone while lying in my bed with him sleeping on my chest - it's the only way he'll rest.

Thank goodness my DH could tell how beat I was on the phone. Sounds like we're ordering pizza and lying low tonight.

Does anyone else have a very "chatty" baby yet? Corbin and I have lots of conversations. He either shrieks responses at me or farts if I ask him a question. He cracks me up.

Alaskan Wife and Mama to my special little guy ribbluyel.gif (9/13/11) and expecting #2 (2/21/13)!

Old 11-23-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindyll View Post

DD's been doing this, too...I've chalked it up to reflux.  She seems to be gagging/choking on stuff that I assume has worked its way up.  She does a lot of swallowing it back down, but sometimes she has a total choking moment, wide-eyed and panic-stricken....I always pick her right up so she can be upright, usually against my chest or kinda up by my shoulder, and she's able to work it out.  And then she cries.  Or sometimes reflux stuff comes out her nose.  I was thinking "silent reflux," talked to the ped, who seemed not really concerned and said she'd probably outgrow it soon.  She does seem to be doing it less now than she was, say, 2 weeks ago.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

Old 11-24-2011, 06:35 AM

Karli: She's not chatty yet, but has certainly taking to screaming (not crying) a lot when things happen that she isn't down with.  Change her diaper?  Eardrums.  Take her clothes off?  Ouch.  Put her down?  Heavens to betsy!  Take her off the boob because you think she's done and she decides she isn't?  Wooo, buddy.

Ah, last night girly was being ridiculous.  She got two baths due to blow outs.  Child, how did poop end up in your hair?  Twice?  Oh, thats right, you didn't poop for almost a week.  I was glad that DH didn't have to woke today because his butt was up with me for that.  I woke up around 3am to her movement monitor (which has helped my sleep a lot), felt around in her bassinet and couldn't feel her.  Little demon had somehow scooted all the way down to the end, and was back flush up against the side of the foot of the bassinet, while remaining fully swaddled.  This was after a blow out, so poop had also been scooted all over her bed.  She has also demonstrated overnight a new ability to roll back to front while swaddled, I guess because her arms don't get in the way.  She also does the scoot thing during the tummy time that she worms her way around the bed.  For a seven pound baby, she is strong and mobile.  I almost think BECAUSE she is so little, it takes less muscle for her to manipulate her body and use her muscles.  Does that make sense?

Old 11-24-2011, 09:10 AM

Happy Thanksgiving, Americans. Why is it that I am alone in the kitchen making Thanksgiving all by myself while my husband, children, and in-laws are out on a lovely autumn walk? And why, oh why, did they cook "Big Breakfast" and leave all the dishes? om.gif

Liv, poop in the hair? That's a new one!

Old 11-24-2011, 09:26 AM

Ah, the poop scoot...

my guess is that the ultra fussy babies are about to go through a big developmental spurt (or are in the middle of one: getting "chatty" and getting mobile both sound like that to me)

User Tag List