Chat Thread: 11/20-11/26 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 170 Old 12-01-2011, 05:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

LOL.  So I'm having to watch the car seat instructional video...I failed to pay attention when DH put it in the car and realized I never have.  This getting out of the house thing is taking longer than I had hoped!

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

#152 of 170 Old 12-01-2011, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livacreature View Post

NAK

Woooo!  T have the car AND  I am not afraid to use it.  I developed a driving phobia in my first tri and it is gone!  Baby and I are going to the thrift store and then I have a work meeting to get client updates/show off the baby.  Stoked!

more later

So excited to get out alone (well just me and baby).

Awesome! I have a thrift store trip planned today as well orngbiggrin.gif

#153 of 170 Old 12-01-2011, 07:53 AM

i made a trip to the thrift shop - got a toy for baby - a sweater for dh - some sshoes for dd - going back sat to get a toy for ds - all well used but i still cant wait to wrap them for Christmas!!!!

i am hoping to get some time to sew presents for dd, but.....

ds was sooo upset when i told him Santa was only bringing 1  present this year - until i explained that everyone needs  a present and someone might not get one if he gets 2.

sucks, being broke but ds seemed to really understand what i said - filled my heart - so maybe being broke is a good thing - he wrote a sentence for his dad and we will wrap it up for Christmas

ds is learning to read so i will try to make him a storybook with all the words he can read as a present - he can read it to the younger ones :)

IF i can peel this baby off me!!!!!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#154 of 170 Old 12-01-2011, 09:48 AM

NAK

Gifts: My SIL is from Denmark. Her tradition is that the Nisseman (a house elf) brings a small gift each day in December. The elf is watching to see if you are being kind and good. The gifts are things like hair clips, a cool pencil, and stickers. I think its great but I haven't done it with my daughter because I'm not organized enough! My nieces love it though!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#155 of 170 Old 12-01-2011, 11:02 AM
~pi

saoirse, score! And your DS sounds incredibly sweet. Nice work.

livacreature, I hope you were able to figure out the car seat!

dollyanna, good luck at the thrift store. :-)

Sue, what a lovely tradition.

I am having such an amazing day. So many good things:

- We started the advent calendar this morning and DS1 was thrilled.

- DS2 seems to be feeling a little better.

- I finished a paper this morning that I have been working on for a year. It has been such a beast, and I finally got it to the stage where I could share with co-authors and really get it moving along. It took two all-nighters this week, but I was up with DS2 half the time anyway, so I just pushed through and did it, and now I can finally (finally!) cross that draft off my list.

- I got an acceptance on another paper at a high impact journal. The reviewers were extremely positive about the revisions that I did at 1-2 weeks postpartum, and it's formally accepted, just a few very minor revisions to make, so I can upgrade it on my CV which I have to send in for job reasons on Monday. I don't have a ton of publications out yet, so one more is a big deal for me right now.

- I had a physio appointment and my abdominal separation has gone from three fingers to two in just over a week. So it's healing fast, I am responding well to the physio exercises, and I was cleared to do a bunch more kinds of exercise.

- I think I made a new friend in my neighbourhood who is also home with a baby. We went for lunch at a new cafe around the corner and I had the most delicious soup.

- It's December, which means I allow myself to start playing Christmas carols. I adore Christmas carols.

- It's gorgeous and sunny, and as soon as I finish nursing this kid, I am going for a walk.

Best day in weeks. I am so happy. joy.gif

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#156 of 170 Old 12-01-2011, 12:21 PM

Pi, I'm having a similar kind of day. DD is happy, the sun is shining, things are going well. If only we could store up these feelings to use on the days that are long and difficult, huh? I'm trying to enjoy every minute when I feel this way. It's hard to remember these days exist when we're having a rough go of it.

#157 of 170 Old 12-01-2011, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Pi - yeah on the abs!!!!

afm - tried out a zumba class that children can come to to play this morning. Kind of boring, realllly not my thing but I can count it as cardio so that's ok. Also did the 2hr gtt today - should get my results next week. I'm sort of ridiculously scared of the results - developing diabetes is such a huge fear of mine & I worry that no matter my efforts will not be enough.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#158 of 170 Old 12-01-2011, 01:00 PM

ds2 is barfing.... oh what fun!!! Really really hoping no one else gets it. My stomach is feeling a little off so I am not keeping my hopes up that I will dodge this thing. This is the 2nd time since the baby was born that ds2 got the barfs. Poor kid.

Ds3 will be 5 tomorrow!!! It is hard to believe that he is that old already, just seems like yesterday.

My MIL is coming into town tomorrow for ds3's b-day and will be staying till monday. She is not on my good list right now and I am so not looking forward to her visit. She hasn't seen the baby yet and she has a plane ticket, if she was driving I would have dh tell her not to come.

She promised me last year she would make a stocking for Emeric and had a hundred of excuses but said she would do it this year. Now she said she isn't going to do it. I want his stocking to match the others. She has time to make one for Saphira so I am just irritated by the whole thing. She told dh she thought I would change my mind after Saphira got here, um yeah so since I have a live baby my dead son means nothing, um NOT. Oh well, hopefully it will work itself out (and I won't kill her in the process). She is terribly annoying as is so we will see how the visit goes.

Crap! dd2 just barfed and it woke her up from her nap after just 30 min. Now I have to wash the sheets in her bed as well as the towels ds2 barfed on this morning and the sheets for the guest bedroom. Fun times!!

Advent gifts- we light a candle each night during advent and have a advent chain that we pull off a loop each night. I can't imagine doing a gift for each with 5 kids that would be very costly and time consuming. We will only be giving 1 gift each at christmas as money is really really tight right now and we have 5 dec. birthdays (my brother is already taken care of and we hope to get my dad something small aka cheap:)).

was going to do more personals but barffy sheets are calling my name. Oh boy!

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#159 of 170 Old 12-01-2011, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Aww Pi. love.gif That's so good to hear! What an awesome combination of events. With as overwhelming as life with a newborn can be, it's always great to have one of those really encouraging days.

We got a hand  me down dresser/changing table and crib from DH's aunt and uncle. I folded up the pack n play since DS refuses to sleep in it anyway, and moved the dresser into its spot. I want to see if the crib can have a side left off it (to sidecar it) without actually modifying the structure. It's been passed through 3 different people and 4 kids in the family so I wouldn't feel right about messing it up for the next person. Anyway I'm proud of all the solo furniture moving and such I did today. My mom kept DS for me and it was great to have some time to work.

Mom to Eli babyboy.gif 10/18/11 and loving wife to Derrin. heartbeat.gif 

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

#160 of 170 Old 12-01-2011, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

pi--I'm so happy for you--congratulations!

advent: we are doing a star path; dh dyed a dark blue canvas for our coffee table, and there's a star for every day, with a 5 candle candelabra in the middle. each night he moves Mary closer to the center and hangs a star on a potted tree. we read a short advent reading, say the magnificat, and then he gets a piece of chocolate. i had bought him all these little gifts, but dh and i realized that he is so acquisitive already and we didn't want to get him in a twirl for possessions during this season, at least.

we went on a beautiful woods walk today-- my 1st real outing with them both and just me. fun!

Rosemary, married  mama to Pascal 3/08 and expecting #2 on Halloween.
#161 of 170 Old 12-02-2011, 03:14 PM

congrats pi

serious man cold going on here. so, I can't even keep up with reading let alone do any posting. Oh well! 5-week birthday of Vera today, she has started smiling at us and making eye contact a lot this week... still very serious but its just SO gratifying when they start to, you know, NOTICE you!

dissertating mom to three

#162 of 170 Old 12-03-2011, 06:34 AM

Pi:  hi-fives!  Your update made ME happy lol.gif  And I love your advent- so much fun to get the pieces of a bigger whole.  

Liv: Awesome that you got out!  Those darn car seats are so complicated sometimes.  Everytime I'm struggling and cursing under my breath, trying to fix straps or something, I remind myself that if it's this hard to get them INTO their seats, they're not going to fly OUT of them, haha!

theboysmama  Ugh, I hope the barfs have left your house without any other casualties :(  I can only IMAGINE the chaos of a house full of kids puking huh.gif

Rosemary:  your star path sounds so lovely - quiet and meaningful and beautiful!  

Advent: DD is crazy about the whole advent thing.  Every morning when she comes downstairs she gets the hugest wide eyes because she can't BELIEVE the elf came AGAIN!  Yesterday's gift was a new pair of socks and a little lindt chocolate bear.  She keeps asking me if I think Santa might send chocolate again lol.gif

Thrift: Seriously love the thrift.  I always find the cutest things for DD's play kitchen and sometimes some wooden toys too.  For Christmas, part of her gifts are a wooden dolls clothesline ($5!!) and a really great wooden police car ($2!)    

Since I had my shopping and making done so early I had sort of forgotten when I had gotten DD and started to worry I had too much for her.  I am really trying to keep the "gimmes" and the "I neeeeed it's" at bay so I really don't want to blitz her with a bunch of new stuff.  So, the clothesline and car, some new knit food for her kitchen, a few books and a box of new art supplies.  That's about it plus some stocking stuffers.  It was very clear to me last year (she was 1.5) that she really didn't need (and couldn't really focus on) nearly as many toys as she got, even though  I had tried to be conservative so it wasn't like she had a huge pile.

That's why I'm loving advent so much - all the little things she's getting she either needed or would probably have gotten at Christmas but it would have been waaaay too much all at once.  She's getting such joy out of each little thing when they're spread out.  

AFM:  Claire is waking up a bit more every day.  Lots of smiles now, especially for her big sister. Even a few little chuckles.  SO ADORABLE. Finally got some really great pictures of the two together and ordered our Christmas cards - I get to pick them up today!  Can't wait!!  I always love getting photo cards from other families, I'm so excited to send our own this year!  

Need to go shopping today and pick up a few last little Christmas things.  Also need to go buy some clothes...all of my pre-preg. clothes are still waaay too big!  Like, my pants are almost falling down and my shirts make me look like I'm still pregnant because they're so loose and baggy.  I can't wait to get weighed and see how much I lost during pregnancy - SO WEIRD!  

I've switched Claire over to her cloth diapers but she is such a heavy wetter!  My prefolds aren't going to cut it for very long!  I'm going to have to get some hemp doublers I think!

Cold but sunny here today...it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

#163 of 170 Old 12-03-2011, 11:31 AM

Sickies - Hope everyone's partners and/or kiddos are on the mend.  DH and DS are recovered from their colds, but it seems DD and I weren't completely immune.  I've been feeling like my body is fighting something off for the past few days...and DD has a cold...in her eyes!  Ok, I never heard of this before, but the ped said with young babies, colds often enter the body through the eyes, so the first symptom is goopy discharging crusty eyes.  He said often times, the time spent in the eyes gives  the body enough time to mount a defense, and snotties/coughing/congestion never make an appearance.  However, we are having  to use antibiotic eye drops.  This is the second time in under 7 weeks that we've had to use antibiotics in her eyes.  Not thrilled...  Plus, the goopies are not causing tear duct blockage in the eye that didn't have the blocked duct.  Well, at least she's not congested and miserable...

DTD Article - Just got my new issue of Brain, Child and read and LOVED the first essay about new motherhood, motherhood in general, intimacy with one's partner, etc.  Totally resonated, especially in light of convos we've had here.  And it was funny, too.   I recommend buying it, or at least reading the essay at your local bookstore (or wherever you can find the magazine).

Crafts - Got all the supplies to make cinnamon dough ornaments this weekend with DS.  Thanks for the suggestion, saorise.

Gifts - I'm feeling a bit perlexed about gifts right now, but mostly about what to get people whose birthdays are coming up.  My aunt (the one whose partner passed away in Sept) is turning 65.  My BIL's birthday is also coming up, though he has told us that birthdays are not a big deal in India.  Also need to get a Hanukkah gift for my 9 year old cousin that I don't know really well, but who will be up here from Miami for the holidays (and always "gets" - via her grandmother, my aunt - something for DS every year).  My go-to's are always books and art supplies, although that's what my parents usually get her for birthdays and Hanukkah.  What's a great gift for a 9 year old these days? 

As for my own kids, I made up a "wish list"...mostly for DS...and have disseminated the info to grandparents and aunts.  My parents will be getting him this beautiful (and not too expensive) wooden marble track - which, of course, begs the question: How do you handle having age-appropriate things for an older sibling when some of those pieces will be a choking hazard for the younger sibling?

We're giving DS a set of tree blocks and stickers (oh, how we all love stickers, right?) and some other TBD stuff.  I'd really like to get him a bunch of rock and mineral specimens for his "collection box."  Just have to find a good source.  I have a feeling I won't make it to the gift shop of the local natural sciences museum, so online is probably my best bet...

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#164 of 170 Old 12-03-2011, 12:32 PM

Illness - we have it going around here in our house, too.  3yo DS has had a cough and runny nose for almost 2 weeks now.  DH got the cough, too, and didn't bother to fend me off with the kissing, so yup, I've got it, too.  Deep lung cough, yuck.  6yo DS has congestion and the barest hint of an occasional cough.  8yo DD came down with an upset tummy and low-grade fever yesterday after school, after waking up with a sore throat (not to mention we're on lice watch because of contamination of schoolmates).  Malcolm seems thankfully spared of all the nastiness so far.  He's got a bit of a stuffy nose overnight, but it clears up every morning.  I'm betting I could remedy that with a humidifier, you know?  He's had a teeny bit of eye crustiness over past few days, but nothing to be worried about.  Not_telling:  my DD got a cold in her eyes when she was a young baby, too.  My pediatrician called it conjunctivitis, and we also did antibiotics for it.  I've later come to learn that conjunctivitis really does mean just a cold in the ears/nose/eyes.  Little babies have those all so close together that the infection spreads easily.  The thing is, antibiotics really don't make sense - it's a virus.  That's what colds are!  Not a bacteria.  The next time one of my babies (DD included) had eye gunk or anything similar to conjunctivitis, I simply squirted breastmilk into their eyes/nose/ears a couple times a day.  Cleared up faster than with antibiotics.  ;)  Breastmilk is awesome for little illnesses like that!

Loving all the talk about Christmas/advent.  I'm too lazy and/or scatter-brained (unorganized?) to do anything really interesting this year.  But I absolutely love the idea of a star path.  We have most of our house decorated, lots of snow on the ground (which has made getting to school this week interesting - they don't cancel school here for anything less than a foot of snow at once, it seems!), and are enjoying treats and gift shopping.  I'm attempting to needle felt some ornaments for various family members this year, and I really hope someone gives me wool roving for christmas, because I'm *loving* needlefelting!

Malcolm is officially over 2 months old now, and while I'm getting a good amount of smiles from him (and for the siblings, too!), he's not really "talking" to us, or laughing yet.  Only in his sleep.  He's such a serious little dude most of the time!  He seems to be getting more coordinated with his hands, though - I put a toy in his grasp and he kept slowly bringing it to his mouth in little arcs.  :)

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#165 of 170 Old 12-03-2011, 01:32 PM

the kids barfing was done pretty quickly and I only threw up once but still have an upset tummy. The upside was that my MIL didn't come into town this weekend which I wasn't really looking forward to so it worked out. Everyone was good to go on ds3's b-day yesterday. We got him 1 present and each sibling either made him something or re-gifted one of their toys. It was great.

Hoping to make it to the twinkle light parade tonight but it snowed and is cold and am not sure I am up for dragging 5 kids and dh there.

christmas- we are really really tight on money this year and are not getting gifts for people that are not here. So we will get 1 gift for each kid, 1 each for my dad, brother, and MIL and that is it!!! I have a few stocking stuffers that I have collected at thrift shops and dollar stores throughout the year and that will have to do. Just need to figure out how to come up with the needs like socks, shoes, etc. The thrifts just haven't had what we need in the right sizes.

Leihas- a perfect gift for a 9 yr  (actually about 3-12) old girl is a play silk kit: order a silk or 2 from Thai silks, put in a small bottle of vinegar and a few gallon zip locs, several packets of coolaid, and these instructions. If she likes crafts this will be perfect but nothing like what she will be receiving or has received from anyone else. Depending on what silks and how many you order you can do the entire thing for $10-$15 which is pretty reasonable for such a thoughtful gift.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#166 of 170 Old 12-03-2011, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I hope everyone with sickies in the house get better quick! My MIL keeps telling ds he needs to dress warm so he doesn't get cold & get sick - I am apparently at a loss as to how to adequately explain this is false 'cause she keeps doing it. I know it's stupid but it drives me nutty!

I'm still riding the exhaustion train & it's starting to put me into a funk. Dd doesn't really like to be put down much, awake or asleep so I am just not getting much done around here. I have been trying to get the livingroom clean for 4 days so we can start xmas decorating but it's still not clean. Dh is trying but the fact is outside if the kitchen/bathroom he's not great at cleaning - I guess tidying is more the trouble. I feel guilty for spending what little energy I have at the gym but I also know if I take a break from it I likely won't go back to it & it is so important for my well being.

Christmas - almost no decorating here (except the horse barn which is totally decked out!), I highly doubt there will be any baking done & as of yet no presents have been made or purchased. Sigh. I'm not so very into it I'm afraid.

Everyone but dd & I are in the horse barn greeting the new horse that arrived today - I'm not sure if we're going to go down at all - I'm not feeling so very social.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#167 of 170 Old 12-03-2011, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

My little man has been taking little catnaps all day long but won't actually sleep anywhere other than in my arms/lap for more than a couple minutes. He's in a pretty good mood when he's awake, at least! I put him in the Christmas outfit I knit for him, and actually got some pretty good pictures! I'm going to put more up in the pics thread, but I'll go ahead and post one here.

Santa needs his milk (he'll have to wait till next year for cookies!):

IMG_1595.JPG

Christmas - DH's parents got us a LEGO advent calendar. DS is way too young to actually enjoy it--but DH sure does! He pulls out the LEGO piece or character for the day and sets it up on the little board while I try to get DS interested. I'm sure they'll love doing it together in a couple years when DS is actually aware of stuff! We're still working on our own Christmas traditions. This is our 2nd Christmas married and our first with a child, so we haven't really established what our own Christmas looks like. I made a pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap crust today--waiting eagerly for it to refrigerate so I can dig in. Mmmmmm it just tastes like the holidays!

Gifts - We've decided not to buy DS any gifts--he'll only be 2 1/2 months old, so it's not like he'll understand what gifts mean or be able to open them, and both of our parents are buying him gifts anyway. DH is a big gift person and likes to spend a ton of money. We've come to a compromise that's way more than I want to spend on each other, but I know it's important to him. We're spending $20-25 on our immediate family and not doing anything for friends or extended family other than maybe some cards.

Illness - We've been mostly healthy, we all avoided getting my sister's bad cough. DS is a little rashy again, but it looks a lot like the other rash and they weren't worried about that without any other symptoms so I'll just breastmilk it and hope it clears up. It's amazing what breastmilk can do!

Mom to Eli babyboy.gif 10/18/11 and loving wife to Derrin. heartbeat.gif 

Proud to be "that" girl--the crazy bedsharing, sling-wearing, breastfeeding mama everyone

thinks is crazy!

#168 of 170 Old 12-03-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiahs View Post

Not_telling:  my DD got a cold in her eyes when she was a young baby, too.  My pediatrician called it conjunctivitis, and we also did antibiotics for it.  I've later come to learn that conjunctivitis really does mean just a cold in the ears/nose/eyes.  Little babies have those all so close together that the infection spreads easily.  The thing is, antibiotics really don't make sense - it's a virus.  That's what colds are!  Not a bacteria.  The next time one of my babies (DD included) had eye gunk or anything similar to conjunctivitis, I simply squirted breastmilk into their eyes/nose/ears a couple times a day.  Cleared up faster than with antibiotics.  ;)  Breastmilk is awesome for little illnesses like that!

That's what I was wondering about...why antibiotics if it's truly a viral cold issue?  Maybe cuz goopy discharge leads to stagnation leads to breeding ground for opportunistic bacteria?

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#169 of 170 Old 12-04-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_telling View Post

That's what I was wondering about...why antibiotics if it's truly a viral cold issue?  Maybe cuz goopy discharge leads to stagnation leads to breeding ground for opportunistic bacteria?

I think it's because they feel like they need to do SOMTHING so they prescribe antibiotics or the cream. Dd has the same thing. bm is sufficiant and my mw wasn't concerned about it at all. It stays away as long as I put hte bm in it but if I stop it comes back so I will just keep squirting it in there a few times a day.

Everyone is feeling better around here :). We went to the twinkle light parade last nigh and it snowed on us while we were waiting for the parade. It was a really really wet snow. Half way through the snow stopped but then it froze and instead of being like wet rats we were frozen rats. ds3 (5 yrs) got really cold and upset but the otehrs didn't want to leave so the poor kiddo had to tough it out. Afterwards (he cried through most of it) he said that was so much fun can we go back tomorrow. lol glad we didn't leave early. I haven't been to a parade in years and I forgot that about 50% of the "floats" would be souped up low riders, guess it was a good cultural experience for the kids. Dd2 did great and slept through most of it.

Today we have a christmas party for my SHARE group and I am excited. Santa will be there so I think we will get our photos done there, hooray! Getting 5 kids to smile at once is next to impossible but I will settle for them all looking kind of in the direction of hte camera as long as no one has their eyes closed or is picking there nose. I know good luck, right?

#170 of 170 Old 12-04-2011, 06:51 AM

I hope all the sick kids get better soon.  My DD has a cold, but it hasn't been too bad - just kinda gross.

Trinket that outfit is too cute!

I scored at the thrift store. Gifts for DD1. Clothes for DD2. A few housewares I didn't strictly need for me whistling.gif

DH wants a gift that is way more than I think we should be spending right now knowing that I won't have a job in a few months.  It's annoying, but I'm going to get it knowing it's kind of our last chance for such luxuries.  I'm feeling the same way about diapers redface.gif.  Shopped a few of the black fridayish sales... I'm hoping there are more sales before xmas so I can build up our stash before our income goes down. We got DD2 one of those play mat things things from DD1 for xmas.  I have to figure out what DD2 will give DD1.  Everyone else in the family is getting homemade things. I normally make bath/body products, but I don't know if I'll get it together for that this year.  May just be cookies. I'm hoping to get the ones that need to be mailed out of the way this week. 

Cinnamon dough ornaments -- I've never tried them, but I actually have an expired jar of applesauce that is asking to be made into ornaments!  Do you think they would ship if I pack them well?

Sold our newborn size diapers last night to a FTM. It was sweet how clueless she and her DP are about babies in general & all the resources out there for CDing, babywearing, etc.  It made me feel like an expert lol.gif

Here's a question -- how long are your nursing sessions these days?  DD is 6 weeks old and nursing is still taking FOREVER. I can't remember if that's normal or not.  Bottles, when we try them & she takes them, go a lot faster, but the most she's ever taken from a bottle is about 1.5oz... She seems to be dropping how much formula total she is taking per day again, which makes me nervous given my supply issues & her slow gaining the 1st month. I am going to take her to weigh again this week.  She looks less chunky, but she also looks like she's grown a lot in length. 

I'm leaving DH alone with both kids for a few hours this afternoon.  I've only left them alone once before, for about 1.5 hours, and both kids were sleeping the whole time I was gone.  I'm hoping that DD2 will get hungry while I'm gone so that I know she'll take a bottle well when I'm not around.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page