Nov. Hopefulls.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 73 Old 02-14-2011, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been stalking the Oct 2011 ddc in hopes I will be joining for either late Oct or early Nov. I am waiting to test and going by my longish cycle, my edd would be around the 2nd or 3rd of Nov.. I'm almost sure I'm not alone in this... all you hopefulls, please say hello!

We have been passively trying since I got my fertility back after the birth of my 11m old. I'm 38 now and would like to have 3 children and so I want to have them as close together as my body (and they) allow.

Looking forward to seeing many more of you posting with me!

Also all you late Oct mamas, please say hello.

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

#2 of 73 Old 02-15-2011, 12:21 PM

hi!  i want badly to get to join instead of lurking!  if my hunch is right, this will be a rainbow baby and the 4th scorpio in our household, dd was born nov 2009. 

all my fingers and toes are crossed... 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#3 of 73 Old 02-15-2011, 06:24 PM

Hi. I'll admit to desperately wanting to officially join a board.  Sheepish.gif

Making it much worse is the fact that I had what I think is implantation bleeding today, something I haven't had with my previous 2 pregnancies but I never have had anything like this during a cycle so I'm getting hopeful.

OP I know your heart, this will hopefully by my third pregnancy and third child. For a number of reasons we are keeping them spaced closely. Our first two are 13 months apart and if this month is it, the third will be 19 months young than number two.  I will tell you that I had a great second pregnancy, our bodies are amazing things. I was completely convinced it would be torture, since my body felt like blubber when I got pregnant with number two at four months pp.  We've had two great girls so far so as busy as we are, it's been a joy.

I hope to see you both around for the next 9 months at least!

EngineeringMama is an Active Duty military mom, wife to an Active Duty military dad, with two amazing little HypnoBabies (1&2) and a third bean-o on the way with a mid-January 2012 Guess Date.
#4 of 73 Old 02-16-2011, 07:13 AM

oh, nm.  BFN and i should have seen something by now. 

sticky babies to you all!  <3

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#5 of 73 Old 02-18-2011, 04:43 PM

I am hoping to be here, straddling Oct/Nov but not feeling as hopeful as I would like. Had some cramping off an on today, which as me feeling down, but I'll probably test tomorrow am.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#6 of 73 Old 02-18-2011, 06:01 PM

I'm 9dpo! I would be due on the second if I'm pregnant! I recently had to leave the May boards which was really hard for me. :( My heart is longing for another baby.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#7 of 73 Old 02-19-2011, 10:55 AM

I guess ill hang out here for a bit. I should hopefully O next weekend and then the good ole tww. If I did get a bfp I would be due Nov 21st. Im becoming jaded though as Ive been at this for almost a year. Im hopeful but not counting too much on anything. If this is not my month im going to go get checked out. I do have some femaprin coming in the mail this week. smile.gif

So hey all!
#8 of 73 Old 02-19-2011, 11:00 AM

Bfn for me today. If not pos tomorrow I prob won't get to be here. :(

Geek do you know for sure if you're ovulating? Charting/temping?

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#9 of 73 Old 02-19-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcblondie View Post

Bfn for me today. If not pos tomorrow I prob won't get to be here. :(

Geek do you know for sure if you're ovulating? Charting/temping?

Oh I am sorry. I hope you get your BFP tomorrow. Isn't it still early like 10dpo?

Lindsey: wife to Noah, Mom to Ethan 5 and Jonathan 2,  Baby Boy #3 due May 2012, 7 angels

#10 of 73 Old 02-19-2011, 11:28 AM

Yes I'm only 10dpo. But I just feel like I'm out if I don't get a bfp by 11dpo. So if bfn again tomorrow I'll definitely feel out. And I know lots of people get bfps at 12dpo or later. But my last 2 pgs I was 11dpo with ds, and 10dpo with my most recent pg. (I wasn't tracking O my first time pregnant) So I dunno. I feel like tomorrow is my last shot or I'm out.

#11 of 73 Old 02-19-2011, 12:27 PM

so... when can you test? I am almost a week late with my period (very unusual for me, generally a very regular 4-week cycle). actually thought I was getting it and then after one day with light bleeding but it never really came... So, what is the deal with home tests? I've never even used one. What is the cheapest option? And if my suspicions bear out... would that mean Nov EDD?

I don't even know all the lingo- my other two children were born with very little wait, and I just knew right away and never tested at home, did it at the MW at the very end of the first trimester.

It feels funny to post in the "hopefuls" thread... we weren't TTC and are under a lot of financial and professional stress right now (DH at a weird career turning point of some kind, me trying to finish my PhD... my oh my this would light a fire under my butt to finish!). And my current little one is only 21 months old, still nursing, she still seems like a baby to me... I've frequently felt like I wasn't "done" having kids but it was off the table, too hard to see how we'd make this all work. Sometimes life has its own plans, I guess.

I haven't even discussed with DH!

Good luck to everyone though :)

dissertating mom to three

#12 of 73 Old 02-19-2011, 12:35 PM

Emma!!! You could have tested over a week ago!! Lol. Go to the dollar store and pick up a cheapie! They work just as well.

If it's neg it means you ovulated late this cycle. If it's pos you're likely 5 weeks pregnant!

#13 of 73 Old 02-19-2011, 12:57 PM

bcblondie- thanks! I guess DD and I will take a walk over to the drugstore... I am still BFing her quite a bit so theoretically could be having wacky cycles... not that I HAVE been for the past year but hey.

#14 of 73 Old 02-19-2011, 01:00 PM

If you are just having a wacky cycle I wouldnt' blame it on the BFing any more at this point. It's normal to have the occasional wacky cycle. But I'm inclined to think that you are late due to pregnancy. :D

#15 of 73 Old 02-19-2011, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I'm in for this--period would have been today. I am pretty sure, because feeling pretty nauseous and gross today. We'll see!

Making a March 9th sandwich with a Halloween filling.
#16 of 73 Old 02-19-2011, 04:05 PM

Bcb- Yep I've been charting, temping and using the monitor. I suspect I have low progesterone. My luteal phase is short and I spot for days before af.
#17 of 73 Old 02-19-2011, 04:36 PM

Rosemary WHYY have you not peed on a stick yet? lol.

Geek I hope you don't have low prog. I had a short LP after DS and b6 fixed that. I used to spot before af but that changed since my m/c

#18 of 73 Old 02-19-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcblondie View Post

Rosemary WHYY have you not peed on a stick yet? lol.

Geek I hope you don't have low prog. I had a short LP after DS and b6 fixed that. I used to spot before af but that changed since my m/c

Because I wanted  to drink one last beer, lol.

#19 of 73 Old 02-19-2011, 04:49 PM

I recommend B6 for low progesterone. It worked for me too. It took my LP from 9dpo (although one time it was 6dpo) to 12dpo. It doesn't work for everyone but  it really did wonders for me. GL.

Lindsey: wife to Noah, Mom to Ethan 5 and Jonathan 2,  Baby Boy #3 due May 2012, 7 angels

#20 of 73 Old 02-19-2011, 05:07 PM

Ah you coulda had one beer anyways lol.

#21 of 73 Old 02-20-2011, 06:53 AM

I know, I know...I really don't feel like I need a stick to tell me what I already know! I've been pregnant twice and it is always the same.

#22 of 73 Old 02-20-2011, 08:24 AM

well, positive test. I guess I already knew (hence posting on here before testing) but it just is hard to believe... was not TTC, and its a tough timing for us. But since LMP started Jan 19, I guess I might really be Oct?? I have so much to finish first (my dissertation! and I already have a 21-month-old at home!) I guess in my mind I like the Nov date better.

DH is unemployed- here is to hoping he gets a job next week (this ought to be some good incentive to push harder on the issue, he's been quite relaxed despite a "pending" unemployment insurance application. He does have one actual interview set up for Monday). And then I can start looking for a MW. I guess I'll go apply for medicaid or the NY state programs to cover any possible emergencies, though I'll plan a HB- I don't really have health insurance now (some basic coverage from school, where I won't be enrolled much longer, and also it really doesn't cover much if you are out of the area, which I am).

Sheesh.

I guess I have, what, 8 months to get used to the idea and finish my PhD!

#23 of 73 Old 02-20-2011, 08:51 AM

Hey there ladies -

I'm just peeking in here, unofficially, lol. We've been 'trying' for a few months & last two months I was sure I was pg...nope. Then this month my whole family was really sick with the flu, including me & I was barely hopeful. But we had timed it right for when I O'd (before illness, lol) around Feb 5-6.

So I'm 14 DPO today. Like someone else I had poss implantation spotting at 10 DPO. Took 3 dollar store tests. All had no line at 2 minutes and a super faint line before 10 minutes. But *super*faint, and really nothing at the time it's supposed to be read (directions say 2-3 minutes). So evap line or light line?

When I was pg before (twice) I didn't test until a week late, like CD35. So I got dark lines quickly. I think that's why this feels ambiguous to me.

BUT if I am, then I'd be EDD Oct 30th or so, and I don't want to be at the very end of the Oct DDC, lol. With my other girls I was due in the final days of February, and everyone's symptoms, births and babies were so many weeks ahead of me. ;)

So let me hang out here w/ you guys!

Fingers crossed for everybody. I'm going to take a different brand test tomorrow...

teapot2.GIF Mama to my sweet girls: notes.gif (2/02) and energy.gif (2/08) and brokenheart.gif 3/11 and now belly.gif  EDD 5/24/14
#24 of 73 Old 02-20-2011, 08:53 AM

emma- we cross posted. Congratulations, mama!! It will certainly take some time to sink in. Hope dh finds employment soon!

teapot2.GIF Mama to my sweet girls: notes.gif (2/02) and energy.gif (2/08) and brokenheart.gif 3/11 and now belly.gif  EDD 5/24/14
#25 of 73 Old 02-20-2011, 09:12 AM

Rosemary that makes sense. And I wish I could do that! I hate my cycles. So random.

Congrats Emma!!

mama sounds like bfp!

#26 of 73 Old 02-20-2011, 12:30 PM

thanks for the congrats, ladies. I'm in a weird place with this because its really a surprise.

I am feeling bad now if the tone of my posts is insensitive- I know some of you all are really hoping for the news I just got today... and I'm right there with you, hoping you get the good news!

and mamabutterfly, my DD was born April 28, man, it was hard in that April DDC at the end- only a few of us were left! So, I hear ya on that.

#27 of 73 Old 02-20-2011, 12:34 PM

Emma - my LMP started Jan 22, and my EDD is Oct 30.  Do you know what cycle day you usually O?  It seems like probably you should be prepared for October, but I'm sure you'll get used to the idea before then!  Hope to see you in the October DDC, when you have a little bit of time.  smile.gif  You'll work it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post

well, positive test. I guess I already knew (hence posting on here before testing) but it just is hard to believe... was not TTC, and its a tough timing for us. But since LMP started Jan 19, I guess I might really be Oct?? I have so much to finish first (my dissertation! and I already have a 21-month-old at home!) I guess in my mind I like the Nov date better.

DH is unemployed- here is to hoping he gets a job next week (this ought to be some good incentive to push harder on the issue, he's been quite relaxed despite a "pending" unemployment insurance application. He does have one actual interview set up for Monday). And then I can start looking for a MW. I guess I'll go apply for medicaid or the NY state programs to cover any possible emergencies, though I'll plan a HB- I don't really have health insurance now (some basic coverage from school, where I won't be enrolled much longer, and also it really doesn't cover much if you are out of the area, which I am).

Sheesh.

I guess I have, what, 8 months to get used to the idea and finish my PhD!

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#28 of 73 Old 02-20-2011, 04:39 PM

Well, I guess I'm not waiting until tomorrow to find out after all! I had to go to the pharmacy for a prescription today and grabbed a 2-pk digital test. I had never done one of those before. It was a little shocking, actually. One minute I'm dipping the test, next thing I know I see the word "Pregnant". It was a very different feeling from squinting at lines! I'm not sure I liked it, lol. A little too forward! ;)

But I guess I can take that as definitive. What a shock, honestly. I thought I was pg in Dec and Jan but this month not at all... We really have been as sick as I can ever remember, and I hope everything is okay in there! I even took some cold medicine one day when I was super miserable and had to go to work... they're really protected in those early days, right? 

So I think my EDD would be late Oct but I'm sticking with my earlier thought of feeling better here for now. How we get some more company in the next few days!!

Tonight I think I'll take a test (again) with DH. Have others told your partners? How did that go?

#29 of 73 Old 02-21-2011, 08:10 AM

Mamabutterfly - I think you are smart to stick with the Nov DDC.  DD1 was due May 24th and she wasn't born until June 11th! That was absolute torture those last few weeks knowing everyone in my entire ddc was home with their babies weeks before my little one decided she was ready to come earthside! 

I'm lurking...got a BFN this morning. I normally have my AF sometime around the 20th, I don't chart (obviously)...last month I started really early, like the 15th, I think. And I've just been feeling a little weird, really sensitive to smells...so I'm wondering, but not really convinced yet. I guess I'll know for sure within the next couple of days if AF shows up or not. 

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#30 of 73 Old 02-21-2011, 09:24 AM

I'm actually planning on being equally active in both DDCs, Oct and Nov, since I'm right on the cusp.  I'm just not posting in either one much yet.  And I don't feel as positive as I want to (due to a very early m/c last fall), so I don't want to rain on anyone's parade.  Once I get a few more weeks in, I'll be more active here.  I'm reading the two threads that are here, for now!

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page