could you ladies help me figure out my due date? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-22-2011, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got a faaaaaaint bfp yesterday(which my hubby said he could see but barely and didn't believe it). This morning I definitely see a faint line that came up almost immediately and is darker than yesterday. Well going by my lmp (jan 19) I would be due around oct 26. Going by the date I think I ovulated (feb 12) it would be more like nov 4.

I got a positive looking opk in early feb but never got any other o symptoms. Then I took an opk on feb 11 and it looked the same(almost positive but not quite) but I also had other symptoms of o like ewcm.

With my son I thougt I ovulated later and the doc still used lmp even after I mentioned that to him. He ended up being born 2 weeks early anyway though. Should I join the november ddc or october? Sorry his is so long!!!
#2 of 10 Old 02-22-2011, 11:06 AM

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Same numbers and everything lol! Crazy!

I'm just hanging out at both but I think it will be more likely Nov. I don't ever want to set myself up for being 'late' according to a due date. The baby will come when the baby will come. :D

Welcome to November, and possibly October lol!

knit.gifsewmachine.gifintactivist.giftreehugger.gif mama to one DS and one DD, equally amazing.

#3 of 10 Old 02-22-2011, 12:05 PM

This is my situation exactly. I'm going to say its the 4th, so if I am late, I won't have people worrying too much about it. My first went 4 days after his edd. I'm pretty sure my cycles have always been longer than 28 days, but they are especially now that I'm bf'ing.

Which leads me to a question........

It seems they go by lmp because thats when the eggs are flushed and new ones get ready. So is that when they start? or is it conception/ovulation that really is the factor - the growth period from the egg or from fertilization?

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

#4 of 10 Old 02-22-2011, 12:29 PM

Hi Gemini, Silvana Rose and Bubbagirl!

I'm in exactly the same position as you three!!

Just yesterday I got my BFP on a digital test that also predicts your conception time and it said 1-2 weeks, which would go with what I thought. But apparently that means that I'm 4 weeks along? hmm.. never remember having this confusion with the other two, but I'd rather date it as of conception rather than LMP. dunno!

so I'm either at the very end of Oct or the very beginning of Nov! which is it lol?!

and congrats to you all!! :)

Mama to 2 gorgeous little boys 5 yrs and 2.5 yrs fencing.gif expecting another babyf.gif in November 2011!!

It's a stork-girl.gif !!! hearts.gif
Living with my amazing partner love.gif and 4 cat.gif

#5 of 10 Old 02-22-2011, 01:00 PM

This is quite funny actually.  Looks like we are all due date buddies haha!

knit.gifsewmachine.gifintactivist.giftreehugger.gif mama to one DS and one DD, equally amazing.

#6 of 10 Old 02-22-2011, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagirl View Post

Which leads me to a question........

It seems they go by lmp because thats when the eggs are flushed and new ones get ready. So is that when they start? or is it conception/ovulation that really is the factor - the growth period from the egg or from fertilization?

I have actually wondered about this before!  Because with my last pregnancy, I was really sure that I ovulated later than they thought.  But when I went to get an early ultrasound, they kept my date the same.  So maybe you are on to something with this!

That is so funny that we are all in the same situation!  I am going to go with the 4th, too but I am thinking I'll be early since I was last time.  Or maybe it's just wishful thinking!  Watch me go a week over this time! Last time I was at the end of the due date club and  I always felt like  I was so behind everyone else lol!  

Bubbagirl, I am BFing right now, too.  How old is your LO?  Mine is a lil over 9 mos. 

#7 of 10 Old 02-24-2011, 11:13 AM

I don't know if I'm in the DDC or not yet, but with my DD I told the midwives about my situation and they basically said to go with the LMP due date and then we could change to the other one if I went late.

She came 3days earlier than the LMP date, by the way.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#8 of 10 Old 02-24-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini529 View Post

I have actually wondered about this before!  Because with my last pregnancy, I was really sure that I ovulated later than they thought.  But when I went to get an early ultrasound, they kept my date the same.  So maybe you are on to something with this!

That is so funny that we are all in the same situation!  I am going to go with the 4th, too but I am thinking I'll be early since I was last time.  Or maybe it's just wishful thinking!  Watch me go a week over this time! Last time I was at the end of the due date club and  I always felt like  I was so behind everyone else lol!  

Bubbagirl, I am BFing right now, too.  How old is your LO?  Mine is a lil over 9 mos. 

Gemini529, My LO is 11months right now. Wow 9 months! How awesome. We have been semi-trying for a BFP since he was 5 months.

Someone in the Oct ddc told me that ovulation date, if you know it, is much more accurate and if you tell the drs office or midwives a date for lmp just give them 14 days before your ovulation date and it will work out. I just worked it out on a dd calculator I found online. My lmp was the 22nd of Jan, but to put me where my ovulation and long cycles have me, I would say my lmp was the 26th or 27th.

Hope that helps.

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

#9 of 10 Old 02-24-2011, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagirl View Post

Gemini529, My LO is 11months right now. Wow 9 months! How awesome. We have been semi-trying for a BFP since he was 5 months.

Someone in the Oct ddc told me that ovulation date, if you know it, is much more accurate and if you tell the drs office or midwives a date for lmp just give them 14 days before your ovulation date and it will work out. I just worked it out on a dd calculator I found online. My lmp was the 22nd of Jan, but to put me where my ovulation and long cycles have me, I would say my lmp was the 26th or 27th.

Hope that helps.

OK thanks! That's what I thought but I wasn't sure.  Last time they insisted on going by my LMP even though I told them I think I ovulated late.  He still came early anyway though. Yeah he's still so young... I just started panicking about the fact that we'll have two kids under two!  Looks like we both will!  

We have been not trying but not not trying since he was about 6 months.  I still hadn't gotten my period back yet though so I figured it wouldn't happen this soon. I only had one period so I don't even have real cycles yet so who knows? 

#10 of 10 Old 02-25-2011, 06:06 PM

I O'd either Feb 10 or Feb 11 (there was some confusion, but I decided on the 10th) which makes my EDD Nov 3 according to Fertility friend--if that's any help :)

If you have an EDD-happy care provider, I suggest fudging the LMP to 14 days before you O'd unless you O early. For example, you O'd the 12th, so I'd say go back 14 days from there. If you had AF on say, Feb 1, use that instead... whichever gives you the further off EDD. You can always shout "I lied!" in labor, LOL, if freaking out about a preemie, but you often can't get those extra two weeks if you need them. HTH!

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page