PAL (Pregnancy After Loss) Mamas November 2011 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-20-2011, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Rachelette - Good luck, I will pray for you and your little one!

xakana  - Congrats! I hope you feel more at ease now.

Megan - funny to say, but I hope you keep on feeling sick!

AFM I still have very few symptoms. Weird food cravings have started though. I grew up vegetarian and still eat very little meat normally but lately all I have wanted is "high quality protein." The other day I woke up wanting nothing but chicken teriyaki so I made myself some for breakfast! Today I HAD to have a hamburger and sent DH out for one.

Also, very strong sense of smell. I was praying with 2 other ladies at church and we were very close to one another and their breath was killing me! It was so distracting that I felt bad but they did not notice it from each other so I am pretty sure it was my super-smell. also I can barely handle feeding the dog in the AM because his food stinks! might have to pass off that chore to DH.

I am a crunchy, opinionated, Christian woman. Happily married to DH since 7/07. Mom to DD rainbow1284.gif born 11/23/11 and furbaby Taj (our 10 yr. old border collie)
Missing DD "Summer"  angel3.gif m/c 8/10. Expecting LO #2 belly.gifEDD 09/19/13!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 09:56 PM

Megan--I hope you keep feeling super pregnant and going great!

Rachelette: *hugs* Spotting can be the placenta implanting...

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
Old 03-21-2011, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

Rachelette thinking of you today and sending you positive thoughts. Hope to see you back here later with a happy update!

Megan, wife to K, mama to C lady.gif (9/07), brokenheart.gif(4/10) brokenheart.gif(11/10)

And our rainbow is here! E babyboy.gif 10/11

Old 03-21-2011, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My ultrasound went great this morning, i go for a follow up on the 30th. pictures on my blog http://dreamingofanunassistedbirth.blogspot.com/2011/03/turkeys-first-ultrasound.html

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 03-21-2011, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Yay Kami!! joy.gif So happy for you. My follow-up u/s is the 30th too, so we can be basket cases together that week. orngtongue.gif

Rachelette, hope all went well for you today too....thinking of you.

All well here, my symptoms are still keeping me good and reassured and practically puking. winky.gif Still guarded but feeling great about the fact that I'm past the point of things going wrong in the last two and still feeling so pregnant and hopeful.

Megan, wife to K, mama to C lady.gif (9/07), brokenheart.gif(4/10) brokenheart.gif(11/10)

Old 03-21-2011, 07:16 PM

Thanks for the good thoughts.  I didn't have any spotting on Sunday or Monday, so instead of rushing into the city and trying to get an emergency appt, I figured I'd go in tomorrow for my regularly scheduled appointment.

I'm also in the puking camp.  Spent all day in bed, taking ginger to keep my food down!

Rachel (39) married to DH (47), expecting our first in November 2011 after 2+ years of trying!  Living happily with 2cat.gifs and a dog2.gif!
***4****8***1sttri.gif***16***20***24***28***32***36***4

Old 03-21-2011, 08:06 PM

Megan~ Hopefully we'll both have another great ultrasound on the 30th.Thankfully i have a  busy week of appointments for my son the rest of this week he goes for a hearing test on the 23rd then  for  a developmental evaluation on the 25 so that will help the rest of the week go by something else to worry about lol  praying his mild to moderate hearing loss was related to the ear infection he had in one ear when the test was done. I also plan on knitting more baby stuff to keep busy.

Rachelette~ Oh no on the puking. Glad the spotting stopped.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 03-22-2011, 05:44 AM

So glad to hear good news.

Kami - yay to a good ultrasound!

Rachelette - I'm glad the spotting stopped and I hope you get good news today at your appointment.

I'm hanging in there. It seems like everyday I'm just waiting for the next.

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
Old 03-22-2011, 07:35 PM

So the embryo still has a heartbeat, but apparently didn't grow as fast as my MD would have liked.   In the 5 days between my first and second sonogram, the embryo went from 6 wks and 1 day to 6 weeks and 4 days rather than 6.  The MD said that it could easily be a measuring error, and so I have to go back next week for another measurement, which I hope will show better growth.  My acupuncturist gave me treatments to help sustain the pregnancy and asked me to cancel a trip this weekend and get lots of bedrest.

Has anyone else had this and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy and baby?   

Rachel (39) married to DH (47), expecting our first in November 2011 after 2+ years of trying!  Living happily with 2cat.gifs and a dog2.gif!

Old 03-22-2011, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Hugs, Rachel! I don't have a positive experience to share BUT those measurements (especially at this early stage) are plus/minus 3 days, as I'm sure you know. So being off by two days, this early, really doesn't necessarily mean a thing. Even IF you had the same tech and machine both times, there are many things that could throw the measurements off by the tiniest fraction of a mm and that means days at this point! So there is plenty of room for hope. love.gif We're here to help you get through this week, which I'm sure won't be an easy one. I agree with your acupuncturist, do whatever you can to be kind and gentle to yourself. Do things that make you feel happy, serene, and cared for. And stay off google (says the hypocrite.....)!!!

Old 03-22-2011, 08:25 PM

Thank you so much!  The advice is awesome!  Though I did find a few stories where women were told their fetuses hadn't grown in 2 weeks and were all ready for an m/c and hey presto the fetus rallied and caught up. 

I feel like sometimes being so heavily monitored isn't the best thing, because it is pretty anxiety provoking.  Especially because there is very little anyone can really do at this stage. 

namaste.gif

Old 03-22-2011, 09:24 PM

Rachelle~ They didn't give it much time to grow, i also agree maybe they didn't measure just right and i wouldn't worry about a measurement being off by 2days.

it's official I've lost it lol  anyone want to weigh in on the if I'm imaging twins.. i posted pictures on my blog . I had a good friend look and she thinks it could be twins her dh even agreed.     http://dreamingofanunassistedbirth.blogspot.com/2011/03/hmm-twins-or-i-really-am-loosing-my.html

Old 03-23-2011, 06:52 AM

Kami--I think it's really hard to tell, lol. That could be pretty much any organ and I'd think they'd have caught it if it was a twin (certainly not definitely, lol). Are you hoping for twins?

BTW, thanks for sharing your u/s photo, it helps me get through this stage seeing what my baby probably looks like (although I'm a week further along).

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
Old 03-23-2011, 09:24 AM

Rachel - just take it easy and hope for the best. You and your baby will be in my prayers! I think it can be hard to know every little detail but it is also hard not knowing anything. I don't have my first apointment until the 31st!

I am a crunchy, opinionated, Christian woman. Happily married to DH since 7/07. Mom to DD rainbow1284.gif born 11/23/11 and furbaby Taj (our 10 yr. old border collie)
Missing DD "Summer"  angel3.gif m/c 8/10. Expecting LO #2 belly.gifEDD 09/19/13!

Old 03-23-2011, 09:25 AM

I kinda do since i had a pretty fast doubling time and everything says that usually means multiples. The dr mainly focused on the obvious baby.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:27 AM

Oh twins! so exciting. For some reason I know a few people who got pregnant with twins after a loss.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:21 PM

I drink a lot of herbal tea these days. I used to be a Earl Grey gal, but I'm taking a break from real tea for at least the first trimester. I've been drinking lots of mint tea, some chamomile, sometimes ginger, sometimes a fruity, tart herbal blend. I also drink water with a little lemon juice in it pretty regularly. Perhaps buy a bottle of lemon juice to keep in the fridge for when you run out of actual lemons? And I really love carbonated water these days, but don't have it around as often as I'd like. :)

Old 03-23-2011, 12:24 PM

Oops! I was trying to reply to a different thread and somehow my comment got published here. :blush

Old 03-23-2011, 08:03 PM

This is how I feel too.  Last time with my m/c I wished I didn't have any ultrasounds at all and it just happened without being in stressful limbo the whole time.  I am going to try a doppler at my next appointment but an u/s is definanitly not on the table until the anatomy scan unless the midwives give me a good reason as to why I should get one.  I stress too much as it is and don't need anything extra!

Anyway Rachelette, you are in my thoughts and do your best to stay positive.  It makes all the difference in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelette View Post

I feel like sometimes being so heavily monitored isn't the best thing, because it is pretty anxiety provoking.  Especially because there is very little anyone can really do at this stage. 

namaste.gif

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

Old 03-23-2011, 08:34 PM

Hi all, 

I'm freshly pregnant.  I've got a nine and a seven year old and we lost our son in 2008.  Our rainbow boy was born in September 2009.  We talked about having another baby MAYBE.  But I am 34 and still nursing my 18 month old.  I wasn't sure I was wanting another but feeling blessed to have gotten a positive today. I haven't really told anyone other than my husband and a close friend.  Low and behold...a PAL thread.  Fate?  :) So now I can admit it.  I am terrified.  I don't remember being this scared with my rainbow.  I thought if I ever did this again it would be easier.  It's not.  Ha ha.  Is it ever?  When we lost our son, I think I always knew during the time I was pregnant that it wasn't going to work out.  I would say stuff like "I'm far enough along now that if we lost this baby, it would be terrible."  I just feel a sense of doom again but I don't know if it's shock at being pregnant, a "feeling", or just normal fears.  I guess I need the dust to settle a little and see.  

Anyway, glad to find company.  It felt good to type that out.  

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
Old 03-23-2011, 08:45 PM

Congratulations Lisa!  And I love that you have minions! 

Thanks Tank!  I definitely know what you mean about the anxiety.  I am trying to remember that the little one is sitting in a stew of all my hormones and stress so the best thing I could do is to just focus on loving him/her and relaxing, but that is proving awfully hard to do!  It was really helpful to hear from people who had healthy babies that their sonograms showed different growth patterns.  Perhaps my MD is just preparing me for the worst by not reassuring me....   

You are in my thoughts as well, and I'm hoping we both have lovely November babies this Fall!  

Old 03-24-2011, 05:54 AM

I'm feeling totally nervous the last couple of days. My m/s seems to have dissipated and I haven't been AS tired. I'll only be 6 weeks tomorrow. I can't wait until the baby is big enough to know whether something is wrong or not. I think that I might just be over thinking things. I had to come off some medications as soon as I found out I was pregnant and that was 11 days ago, so it could be that my early symptoms the last couple of weeks were just withdrawals and maybe this will be an easy pregnancy? Anyway, I just needed to type out my concerns. Glad you ladies are here.

Welcome Lisa!

Old 03-24-2011, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

Nina I had the *exact* same thing happen with this pg - the few days leading up to 6 weeks I started to have a bad feeling and symptoms eased off for a while. The same thing I'd had happen with both losses. That's why I was so sure we'd see a non-viable pregnancy on the ultrasound at 6w4d, but lo and behold we had a healthy heartbeat this time. So you just never know. My symptoms picked back up a lot at 7 weeks, I think that is a somewhat typical hormonal fluctuation pattern....

Welcome Lisa! It's a really fine line between paranoia and gut instinct, isn't it? redface.gif Hang in there!

I understand what some of you are saying about being highly monitored, sometimes it is better to just go with the flow and not worry about what you don't know. But as someone who's had two different "missed" miscarriages I personally feel much better knowing. Going around thinking I was still pregnant for 3 weeks when I wasn't was the worst part of my first loss. If I'd had an ultrasound when I wanted to and known right away, I could have processed it and dealt with it much better than I did. It was impossible to trust my body and instincts after that experience. With my second loss, as excruciating as it was to wait out 3 weeks to miscarry naturally, I was able to fully process and grieve and in the end was glad to have known. I came out of it much healthier. But that's just me, just another perspective....I think which ever is going to allow you to relax the most - knowing or not knowing - is the right path for you obviously.

Kami I can't see a thing personally but who in the world knows on these early blurry u/s! orngbiggrin.gif I've certainly heard of twins not being spotted that early because they're still so tiny it's easy to "hide", especially if the doc isn't looking for them!

Old 03-24-2011, 07:25 AM

Hi all!  I'm in the middle of my "first two weeks of knowing I'm pregnant," which is always the most stressful for me.  My first pregnancy I found out I was pregnant at 7 1/2 weeks and miscarried exactly 2 weeks later.  My second pregnancy was an early loss (~5 weeks). My third pregnancy I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks, and exactly 2 weeks later, I was in the ER while my husband and I were on vacation with an ectopic pregnancy. Because my tube was in the process of bursting (thus the extraordinary pain, the only time I've ever been a 10/10 on the pain scale), they had to remove the baby and tube.  They did leave my ovary though...  Since then, I've had two girls, but the first two weeks of me knowing are always super stressful. I had my first beta test on Monday (20 dpo), and my next is today at 10 am. I'm hoping that the number has sky-rocketed so that there is no question of miscarriage (at this point) or ectopic.  I'd prefer not to get an u/s, but I will if there's even a question of an ectopic because I want to save my one tube if possible.  Hang in there ladies! This beginning is always tough.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:18 PM

Hi everyone - may I join you?

I have a almost 3 yo DS. I had a m/c (my first and hopefully last!) in early December. I am currently 6 weeks 1 day. I went for my fist appt today. I had had 2 beta tests prior to the visit (first was 3422 this past Friday and yesterday's was 9224 so I guess that's good. I wasn't going to get an u/s (I really want to keep them to a minumum) but I caved and let her do a really fast one. (it took all of about 90 seconds) because I really wanted to know how far along i was and I hadn't been tracking that closely this time. No heartbeat to be seen, but I know it;'s still early. Anyway Im trying not to get anxious about all this, but the next few weeks - month are going to be tough!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:48 PM

Hi, I'm Joy, unexpectedly prego for the 12th time with (prayerfully, hopefully) baby # 5. I am due November 29th.

I have had 5 early losses and 2 second trimester losses.  I have all boys so far, (though one of my 2nd tri losses was a girl) ages 9, nearly 7, 3 and a 1/2, and 8 months old.  I am very happy to be pregnant again, though nervous with pregnancies so close together on top of my loss history.  Lots of prayer and intentionally putting off my fear and anxiousness and putting on faith and peace. Trying to stay off the roller-coaster as much as I can, some days it works and some...not so much!  :)

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:53 AM

I have read many posts, but am new to this.  I am pregnant for the fifth time.  I have a 4 yr old and 10 mo old baby and two spirit babies.  I am supposed to be about 8 wks, but ultrasound measured a 6 wk baby.  I have had a hard time because I have had an unusual amount of pain and learned that I have a sub chronic hemorage.  Has anyone else had this?  Since I have had a blighted ovum before I was worried I would miscarry when the first ultrasound showed no baby, but the second one showed baby with heartbeat and this clot.  I don't know where my mind should be right now. Also does anyone know of any herbs ok in pregnancy that can help with blood clots?

Old 03-25-2011, 11:22 AM

5x - I hope that things work out. I know I've heard of moms with clotting disorders taking aspirin, but I would think that your provider would have suggested it if it was safe and beneficial for you. hug.gif and we're here if you need us.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:39 PM

I keep thinking that I should call a midwife and plan my first appointment. The problem for me is that my last first appointment in August was the day I miscarried. Literally, I spotted brown blood that morning, didn't think anything of it, mentioned it in passing to the midwife who decided to send me for an ultrasound and blood levels just in case and the bleeding picked up through the entire ordeal. So part of me doesn't even want to schedule an appointment until I know that this is for sure. And another part of me is dreaming about unassisted...the only thing that scares me in that aspect is my tendency to go past 42 weeks. I just can't bring myself to call a midwife...

Old 03-26-2011, 07:11 AM

Thank you all for the welcome. smile.gif I've calmed down now that everything has set in and I've adopted the same attitude that I had with my rainbow which is that the baby growing inside of me deserves to be loved and cherished for who they are, not to have their presence be tied with our son. So I've recognized my fears and am taking steps in letting them go. Now I am focusing on appreciating this baby for as long as they stay with me and making that enough. smile.gif

Soooo now I need to find a midwife. Yay!

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  

User Tag List