your earliest signs? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-11-2011, 05:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

redddeermomma, don't worry... you are not the only one! :) 

http://www.mothering.com/community/search.php?search=acronyms

married to my soldier since 2008,  belly.gif with our first, hoping for a h20homebirth.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2011, 05:15 AM

I'm thinking that if I post here, maybe I'll start my period today.

I'm 2-3 days past when I should have started my period.
I've been feeling sick a lot and have vomited on two occasions where I drank, but not to excess.
My joints feel like they are constantly popping.
My lower back is extremely painful.
I'm very gassy and somewhat constipated.
I was listening to a client yesterday and found I had a real hard time remembering what she said - pregnancy brain?
Lots of fluttery feelings in my belly and definite increase in anxiety.
And I've been craving pickles - I even came up with a theory that it was because they were neutralizing my sour stomach.

Once the store opens, I'm going and buying a test and then I hope af comes 'cuz I'm not ready for this right now.

ETA: pos.gif

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
Old 03-13-2011, 07:28 AM

Nina, I'm sorry it wasn't what you were hoping for. Hope you settle in to the feeling. hug2.gif

mama to ds 9, dd 7, & ds 2
Old 03-13-2011, 07:39 AM

Thanks sommer. I'm being positive, just worried that I haven't had the healthiest first month. redface.gif

Old 03-13-2011, 08:29 AM

Nina, my first pregnancy was similar. We had just gotten married & were on our honeymoon & I had NO idea I was pregnant. In my mind it wasn't even a possibility. My period was late, so we joked about it but didn't take it seriously. After we got home & my period still hadn't come we found out. I know at least one night in the prior week I had drank nearly an entire bottle of wine over the course of an evening. The rest of the honeymoon wasn't exactly innocent. Vitamins (& folate) weren't even a consideration. Ended up reading what to expect when you're expecting, and *freaked out* that I had unknowingly damaged the baby. When I met with my midwife I told her everything & she thankfully put my mind at ease.

All that to say, I know where you're coming from. at least you know what to do from today forward. smile.gif

mama to ds 9, dd 7, & ds 2
Old 03-13-2011, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

the boob thing is giving it away.I have been completely ignoring any symptoms,the only ones that really have me grabbed and convinced are

* sharp sensations in boobs-it was very strong toay,don't get that normally.

thats my main sign,there are others but thats my definate.

i am due af in one week .I have had mock af's through my other pregnancies so we shall see..

Old 03-14-2011, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Each pregnancy has been slightly different..

DS - I had SORE breasts by 7-8dpo, then I missed my af.

DD - I was craving strange things like tabasco sauce (right out of the bottle), I had slightly sore breasts and random shooting breast pain.  Then I missed af.

This Time - NO breast pain whatsoever!  I thought for sure my nipples or something would get sore since I'm still breastfeeding my 19mo, but so far there's nothing.  I also feel bloated, have a 'full/stretchy' feeling in my abdomen, I've been way more dizzy than normal (I often have dizzy spells un-related to pregnancy) and I've had more random cramps in my feet.

I'd say that the persistent dizziness was my first clue and then I had a very vivid bfp dream, which turned out to be true.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:55 AM

I'm only five weeks, but I've known since before my missed period I was pregnant (though I spend some time in Denial.)

So, my daughter noticed a change in my bm first ... I noticed cramping, dizziness, nausea after overeating, feeling extra sensitive and perhaps over reactive ...

Now, more cramping, sensitivity to smells, and that "under contruction" feeling ....

Yep.

forever following the lead of a colorful active little monkey
Old 03-14-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyplant View Post

the boob thing is giving it away.I have been completely ignoring any symptoms,the only ones that really have me grabbed and convinced are

* sharp sensations in boobs-it was very strong toay,don't get that normally.

thats my main sign,there are others but thats my definate.

i am due af in one week .I have had mock af's through my other pregnancies so we shall see..

Have you tested again, mama? Hope all is well and you get some answers soon!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

Old 03-16-2011, 12:45 PM

I am about 5 weeks and 3 days I go to the doctor This Friday the 18 for the blood test. I took 3 First Response Test at 17 dpo. I kinda of knew before taking the test and hinted around to my boyfriend about it than he finally made me test. I have and am experiencing: 

--Very tired, Could never get enough sleep!

--Swollen/Sore/twinges in breast

--Sensitive Nipples

--Darkened Areolas

--Lower and Middle Back Pain

--The "Under-Construction"

--Headaches

--Going to the bathroom every hour

--Gas and Constipation

--Food Cravings

--Metallic taste in mouth

I have not yet gotten morning sickness and am going to try not to. My prenatal vitamins I take a Dinner time after eating so that I do not end up puking it back up.

pos.gif

Old 03-17-2011, 07:37 AM

I am on my 3rd day past when I should have started.... I took a test 3 days ago but it didn't work (DEF don't recommend the Target brand test!)....

What makes me suspect is that I have had some cramps for the past 3 days....mild and random...but no spotting.

Normally when I start I spot, then cramp.....

Tomorrow I will take a test.....

We were planning on TTC in May, the only thing I wish if I am preggers is that I had lost some weight beforehand greensad.gif

I am at 146 lbs, goal weight 135 lbs (or 130 lbs).

Spending my days with my precious son, the greatest blessing in my life - appropriatley born on Thanksgiving day

​looking forward to when I can sleep more than a 2 or 3 hour stretch on a consistent basis!

Old 03-17-2011, 12:34 PM

OMG I just took an EPT at work non the less, bc I am impatient....and it came out as a very faint positive. I will confirm later.....but wow.....now I gotta figure out how I want to tell the hubby...

It's kinda hard to believe this could be really happening right now!

Spending my days with my precious son, the greatest blessing in my life - appropriatley born on Thanksgiving day

​looking forward to when I can sleep more than a 2 or 3 hour stretch on a consistent basis!

Old 03-17-2011, 02:09 PM

Yay!  Congrats Butter!

Ok, can you gals with the "under construction" feeling enlighten me as to what that means? 

This is my 3rd pregnancy, and only 4 weeks in already VERY different than the rest.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:18 PM

THANK YOU!

Does the "under construction" mean mild cramp-like pains? That is what I have been feeling randomly for the past 3 days....I figure it must be a sign of implantation....

Old 03-17-2011, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

3 days til af is due.

I had bleeding at af time with my eldest,so we shall see what happens :)

I have every classic symptom apart from the missed period.

my boobs are heavy,tingling,itching,thats the biggest sign,and I mean BIGGEST sign LOL

:)

(  o  Y  o  )

hehehehe

Old 03-17-2011, 04:13 PM

The weirdest one for me is that I hate the taste of coffee now.  I love coffee so much, and a Starbucks run can pretty much get me through anything, but once pregnant (I noticed the same with the pregnancy that we lost), coffee just tastes horrible.  We just had our first sonogram and are at 6 weeks and a day.

Also, I'm noticing the queasyness and extreme fatigue :)

Rachel (39) married to DH (47), expecting our first in November 2011 after 2+ years of trying!  Living happily with 2cat.gifs and a dog2.gif!
***4****8***1sttri.gif***16***20***24***28***32***36***4

Old 03-17-2011, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

To me the 'under construction' feeling is more like bloating and a pulling/stretching feeling in my lower abdomen.  It feels like things are growing in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter is Better View Post

THANK YOU!

Does the "under construction" mean mild cramp-like pains? That is what I have been feeling randomly for the past 3 days....I figure it must be a sign of implantation....

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

thats how mine feels,under construction.the bloating started yesterday and other construction feelings.

woke with a sickly headache this morning,went for a walk to walk it off.I am maor irritable and today HUGELY hungry,I must eat soon. :)

thanks for sharing x

Old 03-19-2011, 09:28 PM

So far just EXHAUSTION from about 3pm till bedtime.  I hate it!  I have three little ones at home that keep me going but man would I love to be snoozing all day at this point :)

Old 03-20-2011, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter

I have noticed myself getting tired earlier at night,and once tired I have to sleep right away.

did anyone here get aching legs?mine have been so achey ..

Old 03-20-2011, 05:58 AM

My legs are very achey and restless. I keep stretching and tensing while I'm in bed and I feel like I got hit by a truck.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:44 PM

I said "under construction" meaning the constant twinges and pains... Pulling, cramping (But not the same as AF)... Just, constant stuff happening down there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashley111 View Post

Yay!  Congrats Butter!

Ok, can you gals with the "under construction" feeling enlighten me as to what that means? 

This is my 3rd pregnancy, and only 4 weeks in already VERY different than the rest.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Old 03-20-2011, 05:16 PM

I am getting more and more naseau, usually after eating, especially if it wasn't "good for me" (high in sugar) ... also tiredness in the mid-afternoon/evening, cramps/twinges, etc ... back pain is gone now, thank goodness.

forever following the lead of a colorful active little monkey
Old 03-21-2011, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter

my boobs are so painful today,they have been uncomfortable but today they are heading towards painful x

Old 03-22-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCChloeOrConner View Post

I said "under construction" meaning the constant twinges and pains... Pulling, cramping (But not the same as AF)... Just, constant stuff happening down there!

Yes! That is what I feel....I started counting how my pains I felt a day bc it was starting to freak me out! I typically count only 3 or 4 pains a day.... which range in intensity from a pain similar to the ovulation pain....to a mild menstrual cramp....

Also I feel like I am starting to get more tired....but then again I am a pretty sleepy person.....

Oh and I am really thirsty! and therefore pee more often :)

Old 03-22-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyplant View Post

my boobs are so painful today,they have been uncomfortable but today they are heading towards painful x

Any sign of AF? I remember you saying she was due soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. smile.gif

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

Old 03-22-2011, 07:18 PM

I always get insomnia when I am pregnant - right from the start and straight through, unfortunately! But so far I have had no other symptoms - can't wait for the blood test in 2 days - it is torture to wait!!

Lisa

Old 04-03-2011, 08:07 AM

My test when I first thought I was pregnant came up negative, but a few weeks and a period and spotting later and I have a positive result. I'm 7 weeks.

First sign I think was increased mucus on daily basis.

Muscle aches in upper and lower back and backs of thighs.

Nipple tenderness a few weeks ago. Left and returned.

Increase in BBT. Not physically checking this, but am aware my temperature is up. Started as flushed cheeks (hot cheeks).

Light pink spotting lasted two days.

Memory is recalling old songs.

Sense of smell has elevated. Noticed this long before positive test.

Bloating, gas, constipation.

Pelvic cramps and 'ticking'. By ticking, I don't mean a bomb, I mean that I can feel things moving and changing down there, but it's like the odd tick you hear when a car is cooling down (except you feel it).

Increased salivation.

Increased thirst.

Strange dreams.

NO morning sickness.

Brief seizure auras that came and went (I have epilepsy).

Moody.

Frequent urge to pee.

Insomnia (increased trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep long enough).

Arteries in feet more visible at surface of skin. Normally, I just see a tangle of large veins across the top of my feet. Hope I'm not prone to varicose veins.

Meeting my daughter somewhere between 21st - 27th November 2011

Old 04-18-2011, 12:06 PM

Honestly, as in-tune with my body as I am, I didn't really notice anything.  Coffee was sounding less appealing, and I was more tired than usual, but I didn't think anything of it.  I took the test a few days before I missed my period, mostly on a whim because I haven't had my IUD in since January, and I would rather know that I am pregnant than wait until I miss my period!  And, well, there were two lines!  I was completely not expecting it, and I ended up telling my family before my husband because he was at work and I didn't want to distract him all day!

Immediately after I found out, I had sore boobs, couldn't make it through the day without napping, and was either eating all day or couldn't eat because of aversions.  Oh, and crankiness, namely raising my voice ALL the time...little patience for 5 y/o antics OR the dog who follows underfoot.  Not to mention letting the house go to ruins....I'm still trying to recover THAT.

Now, at 10 weeks I'm feeling mostly "normal" but a little anxious.  Oh, and nothing fits right.  shake.gif

User Tag List