Anyone making plans? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 03-17-2011, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We had consultations scheduled with two different midwives. The first one was yesterday, and I think we will just cancel the other one. We both really liked her, so we scheduled the first apointment for April 6. This will be the first homebirth for my husband, and I really want him to feel comfortable, and have all his questions answered. She was wonderful, and addressed all his concerns perfectly.. and all mine too. It's really starting to feel more real now...it's so exciting.  :)

#32 of 33 Old 03-17-2011, 11:15 AM

We are planning on a HB and I am very excited. This will be my first baby but I really think that I will be most comfortable in my own home. The last time I was pregnant (we lost the baby last August) we were seeing some great midwives at a local birthcenter. Even that time I knew I wanted a homebirth but our insurance won't cover it so we were going to do the birthcenter. After the m/c I realized that I don't want to compromise on anything I don't have to. So we are going to pay out of pocket for the homebirth because that I what I truely feel will be best.

My husband is a very rational thinker and I was worried that he would not like the idea of an out of hospital birth with a MW but I just gave him lots to read and he agrees now that it is statistically safer as long as your MW knows what she is doing and can identify the need to transfer should something come up.

I am so excited to be going back to the same MWs. The work in teams of 3 and we really loved all of them on our team. They were so helpful and comassionate through our loss. They said I could come in right away if I wanted but I decided that I would just wait for the 8 week apointment since I already know we want to work with them and they have all our info. So our first apointment is end of this month! 

I am a crunchy, opinionated, Christian woman. Happily married to DH since 7/07. Mom to DD rainbow1284.gif born 11/23/11 and furbaby Taj (our 10 yr. old border collie)
Missing DD "Summer"  angel3.gif m/c 8/10. Expecting LO #2 belly.gifEDD 09/19/13!

#33 of 33 Old 03-17-2011, 01:44 PM

I'm planning a homebirth this time. My last baby was born at the hospital (induction -> c-section) and it was a really difficult experience for me. I'm struggling to remind myself how pregnancy and birth are normal life events, but I do so multiple times a day because when I'm not pregnant, I know that I want to stay home with a midwife. It's just that pregnancy makes me kind of jumpy/paranoid! So frustrating. I'm just accepting this as part of the process though. I'm really glad that a good friend of mine who's supported me through the last few years is apprenticing with the midwife I'm working with. It will be great to have her there!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page