Anyone else showing already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 03-05-2011, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am estimating I am a few days into my 5th wk. I had been having 45 day cycles and I had tested negative on day 28 then positive on day 45, so I just used 4 wks before getting the positive as the first day of last cycle for due date purposes (if that makes sense). I totally have a little bump on my belly already!! Like when you're in that awkward stage where it looks like you're gaining weight but no one would really know you're prego yet. This is my 2nd, I know you're supposed to show earlier but I didn't expect anything yet. I'm just curious if anyone else is in this same boat, or maybe I'm further along than I thought I was?

SAHM to my #1 little miss (9/11/09) and have been TTC since 06/10 (with 1 loss 3/12/11).We do all the usual "crunchy" things!I'm typing from my iPhone so please excuse any errors.
#2 of 18 Old 03-05-2011, 04:57 PM

I've got the uncomfortable pms bloated belly. My jeans still fit, just a little snugger. The last time I carried this long was 7 years ago so I wasn't sure if I would start showing so quickly this time. At this rate I'll be showing very soon!

SAHM to DS 8REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7energy.gif, Wife to DH of 13yrs hug2.gif
Gone brokenheart.gifbut never forgotten angel.gif 9/09  angel.gif 10/10 angel.gif 04/11candle.gif
#3 of 18 Old 03-05-2011, 05:29 PM

When I first wake up and havent eaten anything I swear I can feel a little "bump" already! Once I eat though its just fat ol jiggly bloat. The pair of pants I wore to work today probably wont fit but for a few more days.

***4***heartbeat.gif***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40 Planning a  homebirth.jpg and love tocd.gif
#4 of 18 Old 03-06-2011, 08:59 AM

Yep! Right here! Of course, I already had a little "momma belly." But I'm having constant growing pains and most of my pants are too tight when I button then. This is number three, so I assumed it would happen quicker. 

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#5 of 18 Old 03-08-2011, 05:56 PM

This is number 3 for me too, but I really didnt think I'd get so round looking so quick. I looked at least 3 or 4 months pregnant in the dress I wore to work today and Ive gained 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks since finding out Im pregnant.

***4***heartbeat.gif***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40 Planning a  homebirth.jpg and love tocd.gif
#6 of 18 Old 03-15-2011, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

While I haven't started showing yet (at 4 weeks), I was starting to show by 7 weeks with my DD.  I was out of all of my regular pants by 8-10 weeks, so I suspect I'm only weeks away!

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#7 of 18 Old 03-15-2011, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

With my son's pregnancy i started to wear maternity around 10wks.   This is my 6th pregnancy but baby #3.  If i don't suck my stomach in i look really pregnant.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#8 of 18 Old 03-15-2011, 09:18 AM

I'm not, but I generally don't until sometime after I'm out of the first trimester.  This is my 4th baby. 

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#9 of 18 Old 03-15-2011, 10:03 AM

I'm 5.5 weeks and I'm wearing maternity pants today! Only because I gained like four pounds in the last two weeks and none of my regular pants fit - not even my "fat" pants. So I don't think I'm showing, but I do think I'm getting bigger :)

#10 of 18 Old 03-15-2011, 11:09 AM

I had a bit of a belly anyway, so now I'm just more comfortable letting hang out. Between that and the bloating I look like I did at 3 months preg with my first! lol

~Sarah

treehugger.gif  trekkie.gifcat.gifcarrot.gif
Mom to Vala ribboncesarean.gif 5/09, Anya hbac.gif 11/11, & one on the way 12/13

Check out my blog- http://healingcesareanscars.blogspot.com/

#11 of 18 Old 03-16-2011, 03:49 PM

I am 6.5 weeks and my biggest comfy pants are becoming too tight.  Not showing - just growing.

Michelle - Mama to Sage treehugger.gif, Skye modifiedartist.gif and Stormbfinfant.gif11/15/11

winner.jpgcd.gif  nocirc.gif   2vbac.gif femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif goorganic.jpg

#12 of 18 Old 03-16-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2sage View Post

I am 6.5 weeks and my biggest comfy pants are becoming too tight.  Not showing - just growing.

I second the "not showing - just growing" comment.  None of my pants fit comfortably. It's sort of distressing, since I am so early on, and so, very hungry all the time. 

"I got 99 problems, but the truth ain't one." - Stephen Colbert
#13 of 18 Old 03-16-2011, 10:12 PM

Yes!  I was just wondering the same thing.  My stomach won't go flat!  This is #2, and much much more of an early appearance than #1.  I don't have a scale, so I have no idea how much weight I've gained- but I felt the need to start eating meat again (really helping with my nausea), and I've definitely put on a few lbs. 

Christina

Christina, mama to 2 sweet girls

10.26.12 (HBAC!)
namaste.gif   neg.gif  sewmachine.gif   homebirth.jpg homeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#14 of 18 Old 03-17-2011, 10:22 AM

I just found my new best friend - dresses :)

Today I'm wearing a dress to work w/thick tights since it just snowed and this is the first time I've been comfortable and actually felt like I looked good in over a week! I think I need to find a nice stretchy black skirt. My maternity pants are still huge in the stomach but my regular ones won't close!

#15 of 18 Old 03-18-2011, 05:21 AM

Ditto. Sometimes I joke that I'm just dressing up my fat belly now! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykittymomma View Post

I had a bit of a belly anyway, so now I'm just more comfortable letting hang out. Between that and the bloating I look like I did at 3 months preg with my first! lol

I look about 3-4 months pregnant. Monday at work, someone actually asked me when I was due. Not if I was pregnant. Like, I look so pregnant that it's just a given! (Besides my mama belly, I'm fairly thinish/ average size, so I don't just look big all over.) I feel like a weirdo when I tell people I'm due in November!

I literally can not button a single pair of pants. I'm already sooooo tired of the Belly Band. But I'd feel silly wearing maternity pants! I did score an awesome maternity skirt from the thrift store that fits perfectly. Not my style at all, but I don't care. I'll make it work!

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#16 of 18 Old 03-18-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykittymomma View Post

Same here!

I looked a couple months pg even pre-pg, because my stomach muscles split with my last 2. Pre-pg, I could suck in enough that I looked ok. Now, it's too uncomfortable, and I feel ok looking pg, since I am. lol I do think my belly has rounded out a bit though. I'm almost 7 weeks.

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#17 of 18 Old 03-18-2011, 07:02 PM

I am 7 weeks and this is my first.  I swear I am starting to show.  I have a bit of a belly anyway so it has been hard to tell if it is my imagination or not but I can feel it now too.  It feels harder.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#18 of 18 Old 03-18-2011, 07:14 PM

This is my 3rd, and its like my body knew what was happening and took it upon itself to relax every muscle and joint in my body.  That and the bloating, and at only 4 weeks I'm looking like a chubster.

Its nice to hear Im not the only one!

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page