Weight Gain? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-15-2011, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 17 weeks, and last week, at 16 weeks exactly I was down 8lbs. I'm vomiting slightly less (but of course didn't escape that fate the ONE DAY I ate jalapenos!!!!), and I'm hoping that maybe I start to gain soon.

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2011, 07:21 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

I usually don't gain in the first tri, but this time I have gained about 7 pounds!  It's good for me as I started underweight (99 pounds and I'm 5'4"...just can't keep weight on while I'm nursing).  I think it's been a combo of factors this time.  I weaned dd when I got pg with ds, but this time I didn't wean so I think that helped increase my appetite.  Plus, I haven't taken any anti-nausea meds with this pregnancy (as I did with my previous two) since I was still nursing and I think that it actually forced me to eat more to quell the nausea.  I've been feeling a bit better in the last few days and ds only latches on a few times a day for just a few minutes if that.  I can feel my appetite diminishing so we'll see what my weight does now.

Last prenatal the nurse weighed me totally wrong.  It was one of those manual scales and she took the weight when the bar was all the way down instead of getting it to balance.  So she put me down as 107 (at 13 weeks) indicating that I had gained 8 pounds.  I'm worried that I'll be the same weight at my appointment today (if they weigh me right this time...) and I'll start getting the lack of  weight gain lecture.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 06-16-2011, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

17 weeks 3 days and I have been gaining very slowly this time around. I started out at 145. I've only gained 8 lbs, thank goodness. With my daughter, I gained 70 lbs. And this time, I am being alot more conscious about what I'm eating and how much I eat. Around this time with my daughter, I had gained about 20 lbs and after 20 weeks, I gained faster and faster. I'm hoping I don't gain more than 35 lbs, but if I get to 40 lb gained, no biggie. The first 15-20 lbs comes off with delivery, and the weight flies off when I breastfeed.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:40 AM

I'm 18 weeks right now and I've gained about 5 pounds (at 140), although it is really hard to say because I was 135 before getting pregnant and yet my usual "I'm not exercising or counting calories" weight is about 138, SO maybe I've only gained 2 pounds.  orngbiggrin.gif  I'm trying to get back into an active lifestyle, at least going for walks and trying to hit the gym/pool when I can (and am up for it).  I'm trying to balance my eating and at least having healthy meals/snacks in-between my bad eating, haha.  Ok, it's not THAT terrible, but I've been wanting to eat foods I did when I was a child.  PB and J with a big glass of milk?!  Mac'n'cheese..  Stuff my mom used to make..  Weird.

Anywho, I'm gaining at a rate I am happy with, and probably would be even more happy if I could get some more activity in there. 

Wait, I have to MOVE today?  Damn.  violin.gif

Old 06-16-2011, 03:54 PM

No idea. I'm 16 weeks and may have gained a pound or three. I don't care. as long as i'm healthy!

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

Old 06-16-2011, 04:18 PM

My midwife doesn't do weigh ins either, which has really saved me a lot of stress this time. I've gained 14 lbs and I'm 19 weeks. With my son I had gained 14 lbs by the time I was 13 weeks and ended up gaining 45 total.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:29 PM

I'm overweight, and started this pregnancy heavier than my previous two.   That being said, I seriously do not care how much I gain either.  My body will figure it out.  I eat what I'm craving although its typically healthy and protein rich foods that I end up craving.  :) 

I started doing Zumba at 9-10 weeks and now I'm hooked.  I do 3 classes a week and I KNOW that Zumba is the main reason that I haven't gained any weight yet.  (Which isn't concerning to me at least at this point)

I didn't eat a lot during the first tri because of morning sickness and lost a few pounds.  They haven't come back on yet, but I expect them too pretty soon.  I'm 17 weeks today and I imagine I'll start gaining pretty soon here.  I think that's about how my weight gain went with DD.  I stayed roughly the same until after 20ish weeks then I gained a pound or so a week until the end of my pregnancy.

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

Old 06-16-2011, 09:41 PM

I'm at 20 weeks and have gained about 10 pounds... I really need to work on getting more exercise in. Since I got pregnant ALL i want to do is sleep - and since this is baby number one, i have the luxury of taking plenty of naps. Unfortunately, I don't peel myself off the couch or chair too frequently to go take a long walk or go for a swim... Ugh. I REALLY need to work on doing that. My midwife told me at my last check up to make it a priority and so that is my newest goal. :) I bought myself a pedometer and am trying to set high goals for myself each day so that I am at least getting some walking in.

Morgan. Single mama to DS (10/27/11) fambedsingle1.gif bfinfant.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

www.facebook.com/gnomegrowncreations

Old 06-17-2011, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

If it makes you feel better..  I do stay decently active while pregnant and I have always gained 20lbs by 20w.  Sometimes it's more controlled by your body than your activity level.  (I think that you should stay active either way though).   :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meb2 View Post

I'm at 20 weeks and have gained about 10 pounds... I really need to work on getting more exercise in. Since I got pregnant ALL i want to do is sleep - and since this is baby number one, i have the luxury of taking plenty of naps. Unfortunately, I don't peel myself off the couch or chair too frequently to go take a long walk or go for a swim... Ugh. I REALLY need to work on doing that. My midwife told me at my last check up to make it a priority and so that is my newest goal. :) I bought myself a pedometer and am trying to set high goals for myself each day so that I am at least getting some walking in.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:14 AM

I think I have age on my side. orngtongue.gif Being only 19 right now, I still have a really fast metabolism, so I feel like that helps out a lot. That's what my MW says anyways... But she's still encouraging me to work out more and told me she'd rather deliver a healthy 40 year old over an unhealthy 19 year old any day... Not that I'm "unhealthy", but she was just saying that to encourage me to work out even more. 

Morgan. Single mama to DS (10/27/11) fambedsingle1.gif bfinfant.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

www.facebook.com/gnomegrowncreations

Old 06-17-2011, 02:22 PM

I lost a bit in the first trimester with a nasty flu, and also nursing a toddler with said nasty flu who couldn't handle any solids for a few days. Managed to gain that back but am still right at pre-pregnancy weight at 18 weeks. Would feel better if I started gaining something soon, but midwife is not concerned at this point.

I have one wonderful husband and one wonderful little toddler boy!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:57 AM

I'm 20 weeks today. I got pregnant in February but did not remember to weigh myself the entire month of February. In January I was one weight and in March I was 2 pounds less. Now I'm down an additional 1.5 pounds from the March weight/3.5 pounds from the January weight. I am very overweight though and I simply do not have the appetite I used to have, esp. at dinnertime!

Me stillheart.gif DH (est. 10/08), DS (11/19/11) blogging.jpg nocirc.gif  reading.gif ribbonteal.gif (PCOS)

Old 06-22-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsmomm View Post

I'm really, really, really overweight. (Got all of you beat.) So I'd really not like to gain much. I had put on 2 lbs as of my 16 week appt but that's back off now. (Bad week) Really it doesn't take much for me not to gain. I have to give in several days on a naughty craving week to even gain anything. My MW wants me to keep it within 10 lbs but she also wants me not to stress about it. I'm hoping I can keep things under control and not make life any harder on myself than it has to be.

Can you  beat me? :p

I started my first pregnancy, my third pregnancy, and this fourth pregnancy weighing about 290, give or take. This time it was 295. (My second I was 315, but I was 5 months PP). Each of my first three pregnancies I put on between 35 and 45 pounds and I still had extremely healthy pregnancies.

This time, for the first time, I am at 18 weeks without having gained, and in fact I've lost something. My weight has been fluctuating between 285 and 292 the past two weeks; not sure why but I suspect it has something to do with the two pounds of heavily salted sunflower seeds I downed in the space of three days -- I never swell up but I sure did bloat!

No doctor has ever said anything to me about weight gain or loss during pregnancy before, not even when I was horrified that I gained 10 lbs in two weeks one time. I was risked out of a birthing center birth because of my pre-pregnancy weight, though...

This time, I had just lost 35 lbs and was losing quickly when I got pregnant. It was so hard to give that up! But I am determined to stay under 300. My dream is to stay around 285, where I am now, because that would mean I'd be 270 or so after giving birth, and 270 is the line between obesity and morbid obesity at my height. I do so want to be under that line! But more than that, of course, I want a healthy baby, so I am definitely out of weight losing mode. I'm thinking of it as a practice in  maintaining my weight -- they say that's harder than losing, right?

Old 06-22-2011, 03:54 PM

9 lbs at 17 weeks 3 days with twins with most of that weight change the last 4-5 weeks.

42 year old runnerjog.gif, hiker. Mom to DS(6/28/08) smile.gifand married to my best friend. Cloth diaper and plan to homeschool. Love my life in the mountains. Identical twin boys born 11/3/11 selectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpgbfolderchild.gifnocirc.giffambedsingle2.gif

Old 06-23-2011, 12:20 PM

I finally started to gain some weight. I started at 149, lost about 3 lbs in the first 16 weeks. As of yesterday, at 20 weeks 3 days, I was at 151. So, I'm up 2 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight. I'd say I'm doing good, by now with my last pregnancy, I had gained about 15 lbs. But I also started out weighing about 25 lbs less last time, so that could be part of it. That and the morning sickness was a lot worse this time.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

User Tag List