November DDC ONE thread. March 2011. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-18-2011, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Great thread Nicole! If you pm the forum mod you can have her add the thread to the top of the forum page so we can always find it. Sort of the new way to do stickies on the new mothering forum platform.

I am still finding that I almost forget that I am pregnant. Last time it was at the forefront of my mind because it was my first and I was so excited. I am still so excited, but I have a 1 year old now and since it is so early on, I don't realize that I am preganant unless I sit and think about it.  I am trying to wrap my brain around the thought of two and how I will handle that. I am an only child and don't really know how that dynamic works in a family. I had friends who had siblings, thankfully dh has siblings so that will help. 

We have been busy planting fruit trees, berries and now medicinal herbs and soon the veggie garden. So very excited that spring is here.

On another note, I must admit I have let myself worry a bit about all the extra radiation being exposed into our atmosphere due to the Japan tragedies this past week. Yes we are far away, but I feel so bad for those close to Fukushima and all the victims from the Earthquake and Tsunami and well, small children and fetuses are the most at risk when exposed to radiation. I am ramping up my nutrition intake by adding a few more supplements that I have been meaning to take anyway such as ashwaganda, fulvic acid minerals and kelp.

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2011, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi I am Molly, Surprised to be pregnant, but so joyful about it.  I think my due date is around Nov 4th-ish.  I have not scheduled the first appointment, still getting used to the idea.  I have mild food aversion, but nothing too bad.  My last two pregnancies were AWEFUL with morning sickness, I am praying for mercy with this one.  Looking forward to "growing" with all of you.  Congratulations!

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
Old 03-18-2011, 08:58 PM

I'll join too. I'm Sommer, this is our 3rd baby. EDD is 11/13.

So far I have been really lucky in the morning sickness department and haven't encountered much yet. My biggest problem is I am just not hungry. At all. Nothing sounds good most of the time. I've been eating cereal and toast and raw vegetables. And I have also been so super tired. My dog had to have surgery today, so I was up so late last night worrying, and then again this morning so I was even more exhausted than usual today. Thankfully, she did beautifully and that is one less concern.

I am beginning to get excited about this little one. It has taken a little while to get used to the idea. Tonight I noticed that I have a little bit of a lower belly pooch that I didn't have before and am unable to suck in, so I think it will begin to feel more real once I feel more than just exhausted all the time. My dh has been out of town the last few days, which has probably been really nice for him because he hasn't had to deal with my crazy hormonal freak outs that I can't seem to control. Lucky him.

mama to ds 9, dd 7, & ds 2
Old 03-19-2011, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome, ladies. I will add you two once I feel a little better.

I get sinus headaches really bad... Like, everytime we get a storm. We had a storm yesterday. Being pregnant, I can't take anything for it. Sinus headache turned migraine. I woke up at 545 this morning feeling like death... Soaked in the tub... PUKED for the first time (I'm officially 6 weeks today. IDK if that was pregnancy or migraine or both)... Went back to bed, and now I still feel bad. I'm supposed to work 10 hours today. We'll see. =(

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Old 03-19-2011, 02:20 PM

Ay, Nicole, I'm sorry.  That sucks.  My husband gets sinus headache-migraines pretty regularly.  Nothing seems to touch them.  He has thrown up from them before . . . sound strange, but I hope that's what this is for you, because I think m/s on top of sinus headaches would be worse.

My sister just called and told me she's pregnant!  She just took the test this morning, and she's at right around four weeks, so due the very end of november.  I'm so excited to be going through this with her!  I think she's exactly four weeks behind me.  She's my big sister, 3 years and 3 days older than me, and her daughter will be turning 3 just 11 days after my due date, and now she's due again just another 22 days after that!  Yay!

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
Old 03-19-2011, 10:23 PM

I forgot to add my due date.

Becca - Nov 3 - #2 little one

Hykue that is so exciting!

I'm just about to start the 8th week and I think my nipples are finally getting sore. That and a little nausea if I don't eat for 4 or 5 hours - oh and I was quite worn out weeks 5 and 6.

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

That's awesome, Hykue! I had a friend who'd been trying for 20 months tell me she was pregnant the day before I found out. Our due dates are 3 days apart!!!

I asked my mom a bajillion pregnancy questions yesterday. She said all of her pregnancies (Four kids) were cake. We all went past our due date by at least a week (So much for hoping for an 11/11/11 baby), but she said she had no M/S or anything like that. She said she had nausea with me but that's it. But she said with me, all she craved was super bland stuff (No dressing on salads or sandwiches, etc.) because of the nausea. And now I'm a super picky eater, so I wonder if what she ate while she was pregnant had anything to do with that. LOL She also informed me that I was one of two failed forcep removals the doctor ever had. They cut her down there to make more room for me, used forceps, then my heart stopped so she had to have an emergency c-section. Poor lady. She got cut all over the place for me.

I didn't have M/S today so I'm going to say it was the sinus headache. And I get them a lot, too and nothing cures them either except suffering through them all day. The only symptom I have is constipation and SOREEE boobs. My boobs hurt. SO. BAD. I also randomly get back pain. And fatigue. =(

I also woke up to another headache this morning. I took my parents to a bar last night so I have a nicotine headache. BLAHHH. Those don't go away for anything, either.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

Old 03-20-2011, 11:25 AM

Hey guys!  I will join this thread too...Ive been lurking for a while.  I'm only 4 weeks, and still pretty cautious about telling anyone or getting excited.  I'm going in for betas regularly- I had one Friday and a follow up tomorrow on Monday.  Will do an U/S ASAP to check and make sure baby is in the right place since I'm a high risk for ectopic.

So far I only have a bit of nausea and am exhausted, but Im SUPER HUNGRY all the freaking time!  This is #3 for me.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:49 AM

Welcome dashley!

Eating is becoming such a chore for me! I have to plan everything about my day around when I will need to eat again. And it's usually once an hour, no more than two hours. I honestly didn't think I'd make it through church this morning without eating. I stashed a couple of snacks in my purse just in case. I went out to eat with my cousins, mom, aunt and sister last night for my cousin's birthday. I was really looking forward to it since I'm hungry all the time, but we went to a steakhouse and I couldn't eat anything. I snacked on peanuts and rolls, but once my steak came I could only eat a couple of bites. I was able to eat my salad though...

Today I'm feeling a little better and was actually able to eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast. All week, toast has been all I could handle in the morning. I'm at my mom's now and she's making one of my favorite meals, so I really hope I'm able to eat it!

It's just really difficult with multiple toddlers and an infant at my house 5 days a week (I do daycare in my home), I'm finding it hard to find the time to eat all the time. And the kids are getting really bored with me. The weather has been nicer this week, but I can't handle being outside for too long and walks are short. All I want to do is lay down. I'm really looking forward to the second trimester and I'm sure the kids are too!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

Old 03-20-2011, 01:40 PM

Hey Mal!  You were part of the TTC in our 20's thread, right?  I think there are 4 BFP's from that thread due in Nov.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Hi, Dashley. Welcome. Do you have an EDD so I can add it to your name on the first page?

Mal, I'm the same way! If I go two hours without eating, I feel like I'm going to pass out. I try my best to eat healthy snacks (Apples, etc.), but it doesn't always happen that way. Salad is delicious, just as you said, and I was also only able to eat two bites of my steak last night!

Old 03-20-2011, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ick! I'm sorry you're having nasty sinus issues, that's just about the worst.greensad.gif

"I got 99 problems, but the truth ain't one." - Stephen Colbert
Old 03-20-2011, 02:19 PM

That is so cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hykue View Post

Ay, Nicole, I'm sorry.  That sucks.  My husband gets sinus headache-migraines pretty regularly.  Nothing seems to touch them.  He has thrown up from them before . . . sound strange, but I hope that's what this is for you, because I think m/s on top of sinus headaches would be worse.

My sister just called and told me she's pregnant!  She just took the test this morning, and she's at right around four weeks, so due the very end of november.  I'm so excited to be going through this with her!  I think she's exactly four weeks behind me.  She's my big sister, 3 years and 3 days older than me, and her daughter will be turning 3 just 11 days after my due date, and now she's due again just another 22 days after that!  Yay!

Old 03-20-2011, 02:22 PM

I am feeling very run down and irritable. I don't have any desire to do anything. Blah.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:48 PM

Hey guys.  I think I'll join in.  I'm 29 and  TTC for over a year with one 12 week loss.  This will be #1 for us and the EDD is Oct 31.  A Halloween baby!  I feel more comfortable in the Nov DDC since all the ladies in the Oct DDC are so far ahead of me.  I like this crowd too joy.gif

Things are going pretty good except for being so tired all the time.  All I want to do is sit around and nap.  The morning sickness isn't too bad for me as long as I stay away from coffee and make sure there is always something in my stomach.  I can't wait to get past the 12 week mark so I can tell everyone.  I told a couple of my closest friends who would probably guess anyway because we always go out to shows and drink all night so they would definatly notice a difference in me.  Last night I went out with my DP and those friends and it was nice to be able to openly talk about my pregnancy with everyone around me.  One of my friends told me I was glowing and I don't really believe her because I feel like I constantly look frumpy and tired, because I am after all.

That's really exciting Hykue about your sister!  I don't know if there is anyone I know IRL who will be pregnant around the same time as me but I hope so.  It must be nice to have someone to talk to and enjoy young children with.  Most of my friends kids are already a bit older. I do know another vegan mom (who was vegan when pregnant) and I am really excited to tell her because I know she will be really helpful during my journey.

I hope everyone is feeling good today.  I am going to continue vegging out and eating bread like products all day. I already had a bagel with pb for breakfast and pizza and cheesy garlic bread for lunch.  This is rediculous but I need a day of not eating healthy.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

Old 03-20-2011, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Here's some fun for you ladies!!!

http://www.babygenderprediction.com/chinese-gender-chart.html

I love going to this. The 10 people I know that have kids, 9 of them were predicted correctly using this chart!

It says I'm having a BOY! Which is what I want. =) So let's see if it's going to be right. Hehehe.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashley111 View Post

Hey Mal!  You were part of the TTC in our 20's thread, right?  I think there are 4 BFP's from that thread due in Nov.

That's so awesome! I hadn't checked back at that thread in a while, must have been some good luck going around last month!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

Old 03-20-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCChloeOrConner View Post

Here's some fun for you ladies!!!

http://www.babygenderprediction.com/chinese-gender-chart.html

I love going to this. The 10 people I know that have kids, 9 of them were predicted correctly using this chart!

It says I'm having a BOY! Which is what I want. =) So let's see if it's going to be right. Hehehe.

It says I'm having a boy too, which is what I'm hoping for. But that same thing also told my first one would be a boy and she's definitely a girl!

Old 03-20-2011, 07:00 PM

Well I can't quite figure mine out. Do they mean conception like Day 1 of your last period or like the day you ovulated?

If its D1 then it sayd I am having a boy but if its actual conception then its a girl.

I guess we will have to wait and see!

I am a crunchy, opinionated, Christian woman. Happily married to DH since 7/07. Mom to DD rainbow1284.gif born 11/23/11 and furbaby Taj (our 10 yr. old border collie)
Missing DD "Summer"  angel3.gif m/c 8/10. Expecting LO #2 belly.gifEDD 09/19/13!

Old 03-20-2011, 07:19 PM

Old 03-20-2011, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

They mean the month you conceived. I conceived in Feb... I was 22 at conception. Match 22 and February... BOY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel88 View Post

Well I can't quite figure mine out. Do they mean conception like Day 1 of your last period or like the day you ovulated?

If its D1 then it sayd I am having a boy but if its actual conception then its a girl.

I guess we will have to wait and see!

Old 03-20-2011, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

I joined after two days... As soon as the digital confirmed (Still 4 days before my period was due, after POAS about 7 times that day, the digital STILL confirmed!), I was convinced and joined. =D

I'm glad you decided to come on over! Welcome, MBA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post

Hi :) I decided to join, although I only got my BFP three days ago! Julie, age 28, due with #1 11/28/11 after 27 months of trying & 6 months of fertility treatments. Hope you feel better,TTCCOC (wow, that's long)!

Old 03-20-2011, 08:47 PM

tiphat.gif36.  My EDD is looking to be between 11/8 and 11/12/11. This will be our third child and a total oops.gif.

So far, nausea has been at a minimum but my breasts are killing me.

ROTFLMAO.gifThe Chinese gender chart says it'll be a girl -- which is what my other two monkeys are hoping for. 

Old 03-20-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCChloeOrConner View Post

I joined after two days... As soon as the digital confirmed (Still 4 days before my period was due, after POAS about 7 times that day, the digital STILL confirmed!), I was convinced and joined. =D

I'm glad you decided to come on over! Welcome, MBA!

I joined before I even tested just hoping I would be able to join :)

I have been constantly thinking about names the past few weeks. It took us a long time settle on a name last time (boys name) and I just don't know how we are going to do it this time. Anyone else giving the name thing a lot of thought right now?

Old 03-21-2011, 05:16 AM

Old 03-21-2011, 08:17 AM

I've been thinking about names ever since we named our daughter! It was really hard for us to agree on one last time and it's looking like it'll be even harder to agree on one this time. We just have different tastes. DH likes it to be simple, plain and normal. I like it to be simple, but unusual. He hates all my choices and I hate his. Our agreement is that I'll make a list of names I like and he will get to choose from it... but that doesn't work so well if he vetoes every name on my list. irked.gif

Old 03-21-2011, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

We have two boys and two girls picked out. It took us forever to decide on these names, so if we don't have 2 and 2, IDK what we're going to do. LOL

Jackson Thomas will be the first boy.

Jocelyn Marie will be the first girl.

Then Chloe Ann and Conner Dean.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:28 AM

We just have a boys and a girls picked out. If we do find out we are having twins then we will have to start negotiationg again. It was not so easy with the these names so I think it will be even more difficult the second time around!

I am a crunchy, opinionated, Christian woman. Happily married to DH since 7/07. Mom to DD rainbow1284.gif born 11/23/11 and furbaby Taj (our 10 yr. old border collie)
Missing DD "Summer"  angel3.gif m/c 8/10. Expecting LO #2 belly.gifEDD 09/19/13!

Old 03-21-2011, 09:29 AM

MBA - I am so happy to see you over here!

Old 03-21-2011, 12:16 PM

Hi ladies, when is morning sickness officially supposed to start?  I hate to say it, but I am not experiencing any at all.  I just about died with MS with my other 2, so the only reason I ask is because I am getting a little worried about this one.  I don't "feel" preggers at all, other than sore nipples, and I am forgetting what it is like. It has been nearly 4 years since my last pregnancy.  I want some reassurance that everything is ok.  I am hoping to make my first appt. today. 

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:

User Tag List