November DDC ONE thread. March 2011. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 201 Old 03-21-2011, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not everyone gets morning sickness. Two of my good friends had babies in the last year and neither one of them had morning sickness, but they did have healthy babies! 

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#62 of 201 Old 03-21-2011, 11:49 AM

TTCChloeorConnor- thanks!  My EDD is Novermber 26.

HerbMama- you arent the only one.  I had terrible morning sickness (more like all day and night sickness) with my first 2 within days of a positive test.  But I have had very few small symptoms this time.  Just a little nausea when I was two full a couple of times, and fleeting breast pain. I wouldn't be too worried, every pregnancy is different...at least that is what i keep reminding myself.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#63 of 201 Old 03-21-2011, 12:27 PM

Just got a positive test last week. This will be our fourth kid, third pregnancy. I'm hoping for a HBAC. Gotta find a midwife, though. I figure the due date is about 11-12-11. 

#64 of 201 Old 03-21-2011, 01:11 PM

Molly - they say it can be different with every pregnancy so I would not worry. MS can start right away or it can kick in anytime during the first trimester. With my last pregnancy I had no MS at all until 7w4d. I remember the exact moment it arrived and after that it was constant for a while. I called it the "perma-hangover" LOL. Your doc can probably be more reassuring but you are probably fine. Just try to enjoy your lack of MS for as long as it lasts!

I am a crunchy, opinionated, Christian woman. Happily married to DH since 7/07. Mom to DD rainbow1284.gif born 11/23/11 and furbaby Taj (our 10 yr. old border collie)
Missing DD "Summer"  angel3.gif m/c 8/10. Expecting LO #2 belly.gifEDD 09/19/13!

#65 of 201 Old 03-21-2011, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Molly, I'm the same as you... 6w2d and I haven't felt this not pregnant since before I was pregnant. LOL The only thing keeping me calm is the fact that there's no cramps or no blood.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#66 of 201 Old 03-21-2011, 03:45 PM

Hi there!  I'm Terra, 30 y/o, I got a BFP last week and had it confirmed at the doctor today.  I'm estimating my due date to be 11/21/11 based on the date of conception... I really wasn't keeping track of my cycle 2whistle.gif.  This is our second (DD is 2 yrs 3 mos).  DH and I have been discussing having another for months.. and were considering fostering to adopt.  ONE NIGHT we threw caution to the wind... and here we are.  I'm very very excited, but nervous about breaking it to work.  I'm the Director of a non-profit and have only been there for 8 months... is that terrible?

I've been suffering from my first ever sinus infection... these are TERRIBLE.  Have been taking a little Tylenol because the pain is just really too much to bear.  Can't tell what my other symptoms are because the infection is really hogging all of my attention at the moment.

Looking forward to the journey with you all!

New mommy 12/12/08.  Living and working in the Pacific Northwest. 
Currently growing number two!
5+++1sttri.gif10----15----20----25----30----35----40
#67 of 201 Old 03-21-2011, 04:53 PM

Terra - Welcome! Have you ever used a neti pot for your sinus infections? They take some getting used to but once you get the techinque down they are like magic. Totaly natural. Just salt and water.
Now I have a work question for everyone. I run a program at my office and right now, I take care of all the progamatic management and I am also the project manager for most of the individual projects. Some of the porjects I assign to 2 other people in my office and they are the project managers for those ones. My plan for materinty leave was to just hand over all my projects to these 2 other poeple and then do the programatic management from home. Now all of the sudden, they are talking about majorly expanding my program and the big launch would be in (you guessed it) November. Should I tell my boss now about my pregnancy? I feel bad about them making all these plans that are laregely dependant on my work when I know I won't be here to do very much of it.

I am a crunchy, opinionated, Christian woman. Happily married to DH since 7/07. Mom to DD rainbow1284.gif born 11/23/11 and furbaby Taj (our 10 yr. old border collie)
Missing DD "Summer"  angel3.gif m/c 8/10. Expecting LO #2 belly.gifEDD 09/19/13!

#68 of 201 Old 03-21-2011, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

How far along are you?

I think you'd be better off telling them now. They might be pissed at you if you don't and they start this whole new thing. But what would they do? Delay the expansion for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel88 View Post

Terra - Welcome! Have you ever used a neti pot for your sinus infections? They take some getting used to but once you get the techinque down they are like magic. Totaly natural. Just salt and water.
Now I have a work question for everyone. I run a program at my office and right now, I take care of all the progamatic management and I am also the project manager for most of the individual projects. Some of the porjects I assign to 2 other people in my office and they are the project managers for those ones. My plan for materinty leave was to just hand over all my projects to these 2 other poeple and then do the programatic management from home. Now all of the sudden, they are talking about majorly expanding my program and the big launch would be in (you guessed it) November. Should I tell my boss now about my pregnancy? I feel bad about them making all these plans that are laregely dependant on my work when I know I won't be here to do very much of it.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

#69 of 201 Old 03-21-2011, 07:59 PM

May I join? My "guess date" is November 29th, although I usually go past 40 weeks, so I'm betting on December. I have an almost-4-yr old son and a 15-month old daughter who is still nursing. I was not expecting to get pregnant so quickly, as my daughter took almost a year to conceive with BFing my son! So I am very happy, but also a bit overwhelmed. I got my BFP at 10/11 DPO and started symptoms at 7DPO, which is REALLY early for me. I don't usually start having nasea or anything until 5 or 6 weeks. I wonder why I would feel this one so much earlier? Anyone else deal with that?Planning my 3rd homebirth/waterbirth is exviting!

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#70 of 201 Old 03-22-2011, 08:07 AM

I'm hopeful because the Chinese Prediction Chart say I should have a girl. But it also says all of my other kids should have been girls and I have three boys, so I don't think I'll trust it. eyesroll.gif

#71 of 201 Old 03-22-2011, 08:31 AM

The Chinese chart has predicted boy for me, but it has been wrong for me before too. I'm not counting on it.

mama to ds 6, dd 4, & ds who arrived March 2012

#72 of 201 Old 03-22-2011, 10:02 AM

Hi everyone. Haven't felt up to using the computer for a while. I am so sick I don't know what to do. Constantly nauseous, dizzy, and having a headache. Sometimes I have to throw up even though there's nothing there. TMI, but throwing up bile majorly sucks. When I can get up, I eat whatever I can grab without preparing. And I'm losing weight. Three kids an DP works out of town. Thank god the kids are older. I don't know what I'm going to do about work.

This is such a downer post! Sorry! I'm just freaking out about how I am going to get through this.

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#73 of 201 Old 03-22-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCChloeOrConner View Post

Here's some fun for you ladies!!!

http://www.babygenderprediction.com/chinese-gender-chart.html

I love going to this. The 10 people I know that have kids, 9 of them were predicted correctly using this chart!

It says I'm having a BOY! Which is what I want. =) So let's see if it's going to be right. Hehehe.

According to a couple of Chinese gender charts this one is a girl!

"I got 99 problems, but the truth ain't one." - Stephen Colbert
#74 of 201 Old 03-22-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkToMeNow View Post

Hi everyone. Haven't felt up to using the computer for a while. I am so sick I don't know what to do. Constantly nauseous, dizzy, and having a headache. Sometimes I have to throw up even though there's nothing there. TMI, but throwing up bile majorly sucks. When I can get up, I eat whatever I can grab without preparing. And I'm losing weight. Three kids an DP works out of town. Thank god the kids are older. I don't know what I'm going to do about work.

This is such a downer post! Sorry! I'm just freaking out about how I am going to get through this.

I'm sorry that you are feeling so bad.  I am hoping for you that it will get much better, very quickly.

"I got 99 problems, but the truth ain't one." - Stephen Colbert
#75 of 201 Old 03-22-2011, 04:51 PM

#76 of 201 Old 03-22-2011, 05:12 PM

That's awesome Julie!  Getting good betas back feels SO good!

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#77 of 201 Old 03-22-2011, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

YAYYY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post

Just popping in to say my betas were SO GOOD today! 43.1 on Thursday  to 348 today! That's 8x higher instead of 4x higher like it needs to be! Wooooo!

#78 of 201 Old 03-22-2011, 05:58 PM

Kim, 32, BFP after 1 yr, 3 months of TTC-had just done half my tests at fertility clinic and was waiting for my period so I could call for my HSG-7days past period, I got a BFP. I guess all it took was the threat of an invasive test to kick my uterus into high gear! 1st baby, EDD: 11/1/11

I'm so excited, but I'm also unsure how to feel because it's been a rough start so I'm worried about the health of the baby. One of the of the obs called me back the same day I found out I was pregnant to tell me that my progesterone was so low that it wouldn't be a viable pregnancy.  My regular ob put me on progesterone and things were going well! We saw the heart beat joy.gifand the baby keeps growing, but then I had bleeding this past weekend, so we are just hanging on right now. I just keep praying that all is well and that the baby will be strong and healthy despite this less than stellar start.  Excited to share this with you all! grouphug.gif

Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com
#79 of 201 Old 03-22-2011, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome and good luck with your baby. I'm sure everything will be just fine!!!

I just told Facebook, ladies. It's legit. I didn't want to tell this soon but I couldn't help myself. AHHH!

#80 of 201 Old 03-23-2011, 03:45 AM

#81 of 201 Old 03-23-2011, 05:12 AM

#82 of 201 Old 03-23-2011, 08:16 AM

I have also been having a hard time sleeping but I am exhausted! What is that all about?

#83 of 201 Old 03-23-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel88 View Post

Thank you Rachel... I have been doing some irrigation.  Thankfully the worst seems to have passed now.  I did use a little bit of nasal spray with decongestant in it.  The doctor that confirmed the pregnancy said it was safe but I hated to take it.  I'm feeling terrible that I took that and Tylenol during such a fragile stage of development.  greensad.gif  I meet with the midwife I hope to use for the birth soon... hopefully she will confirm that I haven't done anything terrible.  I feel such sympathy and awe of the people that suffer from sinus headaches regularly.  

Quote:

Assuming your boss is a nice and reasonable person, I would definitely tell if they are making plans that you know will be affected.  I'm planning to tell the chair of my board earlier than 12 weeks (just not yet orngtongue.gif).  It is going to come out so soon anyway, I think that most bosses would appreciate your efforts to keep them in the loop.  I plan to just say something along the lines of "It's really too early for me to be telling you, but I wanted to give you as much notice as possible" and then let him know how excited I am about the baby, and my work, and tell him my thoughts on how things are going to work.

I'm really stressing about this.  I go back and forth between thinking they are totally kind people who all have families themselves and are probably not surprised that the young mother they hired is having another child and good for her because life is so much more than your job!  And thinking that they are going to think "AARGGH!!"

Probably the former huh?

TalktoMeNow - so sorry you're not feeling well.  Nausea stinks!

New mommy 12/12/08.  Living and working in the Pacific Northwest. 
Currently growing number two!
5+++1sttri.gif10----15----20----25----30----35----40
#84 of 201 Old 03-23-2011, 08:47 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I am just worried about it because I told them early last time and then lost the baby but I know that is unlikely to happen again. My boss is out with his own kids this week for spring break. he is a really great and supportive family guy. He was so helpful after my loss and let me take as much time as I wanted. I think I will teel just him (not my co-workers) next week when he gets back. He can tell me what to do about all this. He is the boss afterall winky.gif

#85 of 201 Old 03-23-2011, 09:02 AM

Hi everyone!  I'm Amy.  Just got a BFP yesterday, at 11 DPO, which means my EDD is December 2nd.  But my last 2 (DS and a Surrobabe) have come 10 days and 3 weeks early, so I'm betting this will be a late November baby.  Got pregnant on the first try after waiting years for DH to be ready for a 2nd.

I'm not having any symptoms yet (except that I had to pee a million times yesterday, but that could be because I was eating tons of oranges and drinking smoothies).  It feels weird to be pregnant but not feel pregnant.  With DS and Surrobabe I was extremely tired my whole first trimester (like, didn't even want to move tired).  The second time I know this was compounded by injectable hormones.  I hope it's not so bad this time.  I'm going to force myself to stay active and keep my intake of greens up, even if I have food aversions.  I think this will help.

#86 of 201 Old 03-23-2011, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

That's why we told everyone. My brother is shipped off (Marine Corps.) and he kept putting stuff on my wall that I had to delete. It made me feel bad, so we just told.

And I'm already tired of everyone's "advice" and horror stories.

Quote:

Nicole-- we told everyone two days ago. At 4w0d. Lol, yup. My husband was very excited and told all our friends, and we knew it was a matter of time before they started referencing it publically (about 3 hours later) so we just went for it.

Ok, anyone else tired and not sleeping? Up since five thirty am over here... Boo!

#87 of 201 Old 03-23-2011, 10:15 AM

My morning sickness if feeling so much better yesterday and today. I'm not feeling 100% yet, but I can eat almost anything as long as I don't try to eat too much at once. I still have to eat every couple of hours, I feel kind of queasy if I let myself get hungry. But I'm feeling pretty great in between. Still tired as can be, but I'm not heading for the bathroom anymore. I do remember my morning sickness didn't last too long with my first pregnancy, so I'm hoping it's really going away for good. I thought it lasted more than a week, but it was 3 years ago so I could be wrong. 

I go in for an ultrasound tomorrow. The heartbeat was so brand new the first time, so it was a little slow. They're checking to make sure it is getting faster. I'm excited to see how much this bean has changed in just a little over a week. This will be my last ultrasound until the 20 week anatomy check, so I plan to soak it in as much as possible. With my first pregnancy, I had ultrasounds every two weeks to keep an eye on my cervix, but I don't need that this time. It'll be hard not being able to check on the babe as often, I was spoiled the first time around!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#88 of 201 Old 03-23-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:

And hey, just learned something about my pregnant self-- orgasm = immediate, intense, painful cramping. NO THANK YOU. So we're going to be doing not that for a while. Ouch.

Ouch, I am so sorry  you are dealing with this.  That adds such a bummer to the whole preggers deal.  Hopefully it gets better for you. (and your partner;)

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#89 of 201 Old 03-23-2011, 01:17 PM

Hi!  Can I join?  I'm Summersquash, age 32, pregnant with #2 and due 11/5/11.  smile.gif

Mal85 - that is great that your m/s is starting to go away.  I really, really hope that mine decides to go away soon.  I feel like it is so much worse this time around!  I ate some tunafish at my ILs last weekend and embarrassingly had to run out of the room into the bathroom to retch.  blush.gif

Mama to a little bouncy girl (11/08) and someone new coming 11/11!
#90 of 201 Old 03-23-2011, 01:28 PM

Welcome! Amy and Summersquash!

TTCOC - There is a big part of me that wants to tell EVERYONE and the advice/horror stories is one of the big reasons we are keeping it to family and friends right now so I totally feel you on that one. It is so much fun to be able to talk about it though. Sigh. Pros and cons both ways.

Mal85 - yay for MS letting up!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page