November DDC ONE thread. March 2011. - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 201 Old 04-13-2011, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm not able to get to sleep before 1 or 2 in the morning, then I end up tossing and turning until around 5 or so. Just when I'm sleeping good, it's time to get up, but most of the time I just shut my alarm off, go back to sleep, and end up sleeping until sometime between 10:30 and noon. Then, as soon as I get up, I'm ready to go right back to bed. I have no energy. I'm just waiting for it to get better. I lay in bed or on the couch most of the day, watching tv, listening to music, reading, and surfing the internet. Then I feel terrible because I don't get anything done at all that I need to be sorting out for the baby. Oh well, I've got people helping me out, and 7 and a half more months to get everything straightened out.

#182 of 201 Old 04-13-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post

Thanks, everyone! You've all been very sweet and supportive smile.gif

Katie, welcome!

Mals-- whoa! Power baby! 181, intense! smile.gif

Okay, is anyone else not sleeping at all? I'm up every night at 4 until at least 6, and today I couldn't fall back asleep until 7:30, then it's been off and on unsettling dreams, can't get comfortable, etc. Such a pain! So it's 11:43 and I'm still in bed (after having breakfast in bed, haha) and trying to summon the energy to get to work at 2 and chase toddlers for four hours. Work is already completely sapping my energy, even working part-time, and if I don't sleep well the night before I'm really screwed!

Wow Miriam - twins!!! Congrats!I

I'm sleeping horribly, but I am SO TIRED and unmotivated when I am awake. The last few nights I've gone to lie down in bed right after dinner, and I don't get up til the morning. Of course I lie in bed and read til 11pm or 12am b/c I can't sleep. How frustrating. I remember conking out at 8:30pm all the time when I was pregnant before - what's the deal?!

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#183 of 201 Old 04-13-2011, 02:01 PM

Ive been super tired also.  I feel really lazy- my usually clean house is, well, not so usually clean.  My nausea has let up to the point that I can eat dry plain snacks and not vomit multiple times a day.  But even on days i feel good Im in bed asleep by 8.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#184 of 201 Old 04-13-2011, 02:10 PM

MBA - Yay Twins! How exciting.

I am also really tired and having a hard time sleeping. It takes me so long to get to sleep, then I sleep really well until I wake up having to pee. Then it takes me a long time to get back to sleep again. This hapens like 3 times per night! going to bed at 8 or 9 and getting up for work at 6 is SOOOOOO hard!

I am a crunchy, opinionated, Christian woman. Happily married to DH since 7/07. Mom to DD rainbow1284.gif born 11/23/11 and furbaby Taj (our 10 yr. old border collie)
Missing DD "Summer"  angel3.gif m/c 8/10. Expecting LO #2 belly.gifEDD 09/19/13!

#185 of 201 Old 04-13-2011, 05:14 PM

Congratulations, Miriam!  How exciting!

I have a lot of trouble falling asleep. However, I have no trouble managing to at least lie in bed for like 20 hours a day. That's mostly what I have energy for. 

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#186 of 201 Old 04-13-2011, 05:21 PM

#187 of 201 Old 04-13-2011, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Wow. My sleep has actually gotten a lot easier. I used to lay awake in bed at night and have to read and read and read (Usually 2WW symptoms =D) until I got myself to fall asleep.

Since I got pregnant, as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out. I wake up a few times to pee, but I always fall right back asleep.

I get really bad nausea if I go more than two hours without food. It sucks. It's making me gain more weight than I want to, but I can't control it. I try my best to eat healthy, but what baby wants, baby has to get. LOL

The constipation is finally easing up and becoming random bouts of diarrhea. =( I'd almost prefer the constipation.

That's about it. I had a "friend" over the weekend tell me I've "let myself go". HAH. Needless to say, we aren't friends anymore. Jerk.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#188 of 201 Old 04-13-2011, 09:27 PM

Ditto on the exhaustion.  I'm sleeping well... always been a skill of mine... but I am feeling exhaustion on a level that is brand new to me.  So strange.  It is really the only thing reminding me that I am pregnant.  Well, that, and the fact that my pants are all too tight. redface.gif

New mommy 12/12/08.  Living and working in the Pacific Northwest. 
Currently growing number two!
5+++1sttri.gif10----15----20----25----30----35----40
#189 of 201 Old 04-14-2011, 08:48 AM

For some reason my computer is acting wierd, but only on this site. Don't know if its firefox or what, grrr. Anyways I have been sleeping fine, but my dreams are kinda strange. I was watching sister wives and that night had a dream that a girl I went to high school with was my sister wife and she was pregnant too. Very strange. I had my first prenatal yesterday. We weren't able to hear the hb with the doppler, but I am only 9 weeks. Now I have to schedule labs, next appointment is at 14 weeks so hopefully we can actually hear something.

Me + DH = DS (7) and DD born 10-27-11, an accidental UC!!  novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpgwinner.jpgcd.gif 
#190 of 201 Old 04-14-2011, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm one that has to pee 3-4 times a night when I'm pregnant!  Luckily (or not so luckily) I still have a night-nursing toddler, so I'm used to getting up 3-4 times anyway.  I do fall asleep easily and stay asleep, but I'm more exhausted with this pregnancy than either of my other 2.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#191 of 201 Old 04-14-2011, 09:32 AM

I totally understand and really want to give you gals big hugs, espically those of you working!! With my first pregnancy I worked 8-10 hours a day 5 to 7 days a week and it was the worse thing ever. I told myself i would never do that again. I hated my first pregnancy, but thankfully we were able to down size our living style and this time I get to stay home. I have been having a little trouble at night sleeping but I try not to let it bother me because i know I can just take a nap during the day. Luckily my little is big enough that she just sits in bed with me and watches tv while mommy and baby take a nap. I AM SO BLESSED!!

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#192 of 201 Old 04-14-2011, 01:50 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

So this is where all the action is!  lol.gif

Please add me:  Jaimee, #3, due 11/28, big surprise!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#193 of 201 Old 04-15-2011, 02:52 AM

Ooh, I'd like to be added as well:  Christina EDD Nov.6th, #2

Can't sleep, so catching up on our due date club!  Looks like we're really getting going- can't wait until the end of this 1st trimester, I'm exhausted!! I slept from noon-2:30, then 4pm-midnight the other day, then up for two hours, and back to bed.  Yikes!

Christina, mama to 2 sweet girls

10.26.12 (HBAC!)
namaste.gif   neg.gif  sewmachine.gif   homebirth.jpg homeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#194 of 201 Old 04-15-2011, 11:17 AM

Well, I have been sleeping like a log. I have to go to bed at 9 and I have to have a nap during the day, or what tiny bit of brain is left is fried. Although there are bathroom breaks in the middle of the night. - urgh. This is my third child and I was working with my first two and I swear I never had things this bad. And it all started before my missed period too... I've worked out the sleep bit, but I'd really like some of my brain back. I can't function well without it!

Oh, and steak, lots of, and tuna are my new best friends!

#195 of 201 Old 04-26-2011, 03:19 PM

Ashley EDD 11/30 this is baby #4 and was a big surprise :)

~Ashley~ Happily married to my high school sweetheart. Lucky to be a SAHM to M 1/07, M 5/08 & J 12/09 with someone new coming late fall. I'm a homebirthing, intactivist, extended breastfeeding, baby wearing, anti vaccines, cloth diapering, bed sharing kind of mommy.

#196 of 201 Old 04-27-2011, 08:26 PM

Lindsey- Pregnant with #2 biggrinbounce.gif  After hoping for 6 months wink1.gif  Due around Nov 24, 2011!

#197 of 201 Old 05-05-2011, 07:48 AM

I am feeling SO discouraged :(  I thought last week I was feeling better, but at almost 11 weeks my nausea is getting SO bad that yesterday I thought I was going to have to gto to the hospital.  I thought for SURE that for the first time in a pregnancy I could see a light at the end of the tunnel.  My body is tired of being hungry and feeling nasty...I cant take a vitamin OR eat vegetables.  I guess I just need to be reminded that this will pass. 

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#198 of 201 Old 05-05-2011, 07:56 AM

Sorry Ashley!  I'm 10 weeks and still having really rough nights.  I know just how depressing it can be to feel awful day in and day out.  It's exhausting.  Is there anything you haven't tried yet?  Acupuncture?  That has really helped me during the day at least.  I've been able to eat and get a few chores done around the house.  I hope it passes quickly for you!!  hug2.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#199 of 201 Old 05-05-2011, 08:17 AM

Hugs to those of you still suffering. It really does make it hard to enjoy being pregnant. I'm finally not nauseous all the time, but I am still constantly starving. I'm running out of good snacks to eat because I'm so tired of pretty much everything. It's really becoming a chore just to eat. 

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#200 of 201 Old 05-12-2011, 05:29 AM

Well I finally had my dating ultra sound and sadly I am not due until December 1st :(. I had two ultrasounds by two different people to confirm. I really want a november baby so maybe he/she will come 1 day early. But either way I am going to move to december forum so that I am not the last one here. It was nice meeting you ladies. Bye and goodluck.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#201 of 201 Old 05-12-2011, 06:05 AM

ZoeJanesMommy- you are most welcome to still hang out in the November DDC since it's totally possible that you will still have a November baby!  We have started a new thread for May (this is March's thread).  So if you'd like, pop over there and add comments.  :)

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1311533/november-ddc-one-thread-may-2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page