Intro :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-15-2011, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello ladies,

I just wanted to de-lurk and introduce myself :) I am expecting #5 and got the crazy 11-11-11 due date. Hopefully this will be my 3rd VBAC and 2nd HBAC (my last little one was supposed to be a HBAC but we had to transfer to the hospital due to PROM and no labor). I started getting mild-moderate "morning" sickness over the weekend but so far I can still function. I just ate a Klondike Bar of all things and that took my queasiness away. So, happy day :) Anyway, congratulations to all and wishing us all happy, healthy pregnancies!

Wendy  Wife to my sweet husband, homeschooling mom to 4 little girls and a new blessing due in November! chicken3.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-15-2011, 11:06 PM

Welcome to the DDC! So excited to see more mamas here. I love that so many of us are due on the 11th. I wonder how many of us will have our little ones on the 1st or the 11th.

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

#3 of 6 Old 03-16-2011, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Yes, I don't usually pay much attention to the actual due date--I'd normally say "mid November"--but I can't get over the humor of the 11-11-11 so I can't resist using it ;) I agree--it will definitely be interesting to see who, if anyone (!), actually delivers on the first or the eleventh. Oh and maybe with an 11lb 1 oz baby! Or any double number birth weight would be funny!

Wendy  Wife to my sweet husband, homeschooling mom to 4 little girls and a new blessing due in November! chicken3.gif
#4 of 6 Old 03-20-2011, 12:43 PM

<<Hi Wendy, my name's Nicole.  Your intro stood out to me since you were the only one on the list expecting their 5th child like me.  What a surprise to see even more similarities...

EDD: 11-11

<<I'm expecting in mid-October but I tend to take my pregnancies into the 42nd or 43rd weeks before delivery so it's quite likely I'll end up with a November baby.

* Name: Wendy
* Age at conception / Age at delivery:  31/32

<<I'm 35, will be 36 at delivery.

<<We live in Michigan, brrrr.

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: about a year after I got my cycle back after my last baby. 2 months after the cycles became very regular.

<<What's a BFP??

* What number child is this for you: 5

<<5 for me too, as I mentioned.

* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): husband of almost 15 years and 4 lovely little girls (9,6,4,1), dog, cats, chickens, bearded dragon (everyone is female but dh and the lizard lol)

<<Husband of 10 years and 4 rowdy little boys (10, 8, 4, 1), cat, turtle, aquatic frogs, chickens (everyone is male!)

* Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): sort of hoping for another girl but a boy would be great too!

<<sort of hoping for another boy (how convenient, right?) but a girl would be great too!

* Names you like (& are willing to share): ???

<<We have all "C" names, Caine, Cassius, Cougar and Cannon so we'll probably stick with that theme, but my husband names the babies since I get to have the homebirths, that's our compromise, lol.

* Birth plans/preferences: home

<<This will be my 4th homebirth, 3rd unassisted waterbirth if all goes as planned.

* Blog, website or the like:

<<Who has time for that???

* Anything else you'd like to share: I'm a homeschooling, Christ-follower, blessed momma who loves her life! :)

<<I'm a homeschooling, Christ-follower, blessed momma who loves her life too!  I also love to read, work in the garden, and I judge horse shows during the summer months.  We co-sleep, practice extended breastfeeding, cloth diaper w/ EC (elimination communication), don't vaccinate, and don't circumcise. 

Nice to *meet* you!

#5 of 6 Old 03-21-2011, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Nicole! Oh WOW! That is amazing! Well to add to the similarities, I LOVE to read and garden! And we also co-sleep and  breastfeed until self weaning (all of mine wean when I'm about 2 months pregnant with the next babe), cloth diaper, and would not circumcise if we had a boy. We selectively vaccinate. I love your boys names! Yes, keep going with the C names b/c it works :) BFP is Big Freaking Positive (I tihnk). Congratulations and nice

to *meet you too !

#6 of 6 Old 03-21-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octanebeetle27 View Post

Hi Nicole! Oh WOW! That is amazing! Well to add to the similarities, I LOVE to read and garden! And we also co-sleep and  breastfeed until self weaning (all of mine wean when I'm about 2 months pregnant with the next babe), cloth diaper, and would not circumcise if we had a boy. We selectively vaccinate. I love your boys names! Yes, keep going with the C names b/c it works :) BFP is Big Freaking Positive (I tihnk). Congratulations and nice

to *meet you too !

Oh, well my BFP came as a total whoops in the charting of my cycles, I only had two after my youngest self-weaned.  The two before him nursed to 26 months and 29 months, and my cycles returned at 16 months and 18 months, respectively.  Since this baby weaned so much sooner than the others, I started cycling at 13 months and I totally did not take my charting seriously enough, maybe I was in denial that I was really ovulating so soon, lol?  Anyhoo, my fertility is as strong as ever, apparently.  The good news is I know the exact date of conception! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page