Tilted Uterus/Hearing Baby's Heartbeat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-17-2011, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a tilted uterus and with my DD we couldn't hear a heartbeat with the midwife's doppler until around 14 weeks. I'm just wondering if anyone else has dealt with that and if there's some hope that since this is #2 my uterus will shift sooner so I can hear this kiddo earlier.

~Sarah

treehugger.gif  trekkie.gifcat.gifcarrot.gif
Mom to Vala ribboncesarean.gif 5/09, Anya hbac.gif 11/11, & one on the way 12/13

Check out my blog- http://healingcesareanscars.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2011, 04:34 PM

So interesting!  I have a tilted uterus, but they were able to hear the heartbeat fine, and I'm only at 6 weeks....  I wonder why the uterus being tilted would impact things?

Rachel (39) married to DH (47), expecting our first in November 2011 after 2+ years of trying!  Living happily with 2cat.gifs and a dog2.gif!
***4****8***1sttri.gif***16***20***24***28***32***36***4

Old 03-17-2011, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not sure, that's what my previous midwife said was the reason why it took so long to hear it. My daughter was a total spazz in utero though, so maybe she was just swimming too fast? lol

~Sarah

treehugger.gif  trekkie.gifcat.gifcarrot.gif
Mom to Vala ribboncesarean.gif 5/09, Anya hbac.gif 11/11, & one on the way 12/13

Check out my blog- http://healingcesareanscars.blogspot.com/

Old 03-17-2011, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I have a 'normal' uterus and my midwives couldn't find a heartbeat until I was at least 13 weeks with my DD as well, so I think it's just within a normal range.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:57 PM

DDCC here from September 2011, but this just happened to me and I am about 14 weeks. I had my first mw appt and she couldn't find the heartbeat. I also have a tilted uterus, and a little extra padding. I read that can have an effect. But, I have to admit I was a little freaked out, so I rented my own doppler and today I found the heartbeat after only about 2 minutes of fishing. Turned out the baby was really low and off to the side, it was a huge relief as I haven't had any ultrasounds so this was the first time I heard it.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:10 PM

That happened to me too. We couldn't hear the hb with a doppler until 13 weeks with baby #2 and the same with baby #3. Interestingly enough, with baby #4 we could hear the heartbeat at 11 weeks. I was gearing myself to not be worried if we couldn't hear it. But surprise, surprise, there it was! Those babies can be tricky :)

Wendy  Wife to my sweet husband, homeschooling mom to 4 little girls and a new blessing due in November! chicken3.gif
Old 09-07-2011, 04:36 PM

thank god for this thread.  I'm not due until April 2012 but I just had my first appointment with my obgyn today and he told me i had a tilted uterus and was unable to find the heartbeat with the doppler.  He ordered an ultrasound but the first availability was next week and in the meantime I have been crying and panicking about my poor baby.  He also said that my uterus seemed smaller than it should be, but truth be told I can't remember the first day of my last period so it is entirely possible that I am just not as far along as i should be.

thanks for all this information, ladies, it has done me a world of good!

happily married to my rock and roll cowboy guitar.gif since 2009, living the dream with our Rosebud, 26/04/12 joy.gif

User Tag List