No morning sickness? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 03-23-2011, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else having no sickness yet?  I keep telling myself that it's normal & okay, but can't help freaking out!  I am almost 5 wks & the day I took the test (right @ 4 weeks) & the day after, I felt super tired & woozy & even a little bit nauseous.  Today, hardly anything.  My energy is good, my appetite is good... I might have the very faintest bit of nausea if I move suddenly & feel occasional little twinges in my uterus.  I have 2 weeks until my first doctor appt & don't know how I will relax before then!  I never really had sickness with my first, but remember that I had more food aversions... But my diet this time is better - can that make a difference?

#2 of 32 Old 03-23-2011, 01:04 PM

Im taking much better care of myself this time than with the last 2- I was terribly sick with the last 2.  Like, hospitalized on IV fluids kind of sick.  We are just about the same in how far along we are, and so far I'm having nothing either.  Ive had some other symptoms like fatigue and breast pain but no nausea.  I remember with my last it hit me very suddenly at 7 weeks, so maybe our time will come eyesroll.gif  But right now, as much as we both WANT to feel the effects of our hormones to make sure everything is ok, we should probably both be counting ourselves as lucky!

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#3 of 32 Old 03-23-2011, 01:13 PM

I was just noticing the same thing, and I'm currently about 6wks along.  I didn't have horrible MS with my other two, but had about a week of quesy all the same.  There was a day about a week ago I did, but I've been drinking some RRL tea and I'm wondering if that's helping it.  I'm also determined to be way more active this time around.

Now breast pain, OTOH... yikes2.gif

#4 of 32 Old 03-23-2011, 01:49 PM

Yes, I believe your overall health greatly affects MS.  With #1, I was incapacitated from nausea for almost the entire 9 months.  I was so sick all the time I figured we couldn't ever have another because there would be no way I could keep care of a child while I was so sick.

When DS#1 was 9mo, we discovered he had a milk allergy.  I removed dairy from my diet and realized I had a severe milk intolerance as well - my health greatly improved.  With #2, I was hardly queasy, I had a few food aversions and threw up a couple of times out of the blue, but that was about it.  I did further food intolerance testing while nursing #2 and took more foods out of my diet.  I also started a lot of gut healing measures and supplements.

So far with this one, I've noticed I feel queasy when I eat things I generally don't or when I have rapid blood sugar swings (I have T1 diabetes), but so far my energy is good and I have been doing well keeping up with my 2 and 4 yos.  I haven't even had the requisite afternoon naps of my previous pregnancies (although I do go to bed an hour or so earlier that usual).

#5 of 32 Old 03-23-2011, 05:20 PM

I'm not having any morning sickness either and the "under construction" cramps have also dissipated except for a few twinges here and there. Generally, I feel a bit "off" after eating, but nothing on the order that I have seen elsewhere on the boards and I'm 7 weeks along now. I hope everything is ok! 

Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com
#6 of 32 Old 03-23-2011, 10:33 PM

This is number five for me and I've had horrible morning sickness with the other four but not much now. Very minor, very short. But certain smells make me retch. On one hand, I don't want it, I hate that part. On the other hand, to me, it means everything is normal. Then again I think it was six weeks when I got it bad last time and I'm only five and half right now. So it's probably on its way.

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
#7 of 32 Old 03-24-2011, 06:30 AM

It's a relief to read this. I had horrible m/s with my first, but not so bad with my 2nd and 3rd. I don't believe I felt sick at all with my loss. It comes and goes here now. Definitely not debilitating and I am only 6 weeks. I'm wondering if it's going to hit in the next couple of weeks as well.

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#8 of 32 Old 03-24-2011, 06:37 AM

Mine started when I was about 6 weeks along with this pregnancy and with my first. It's a little over a week later now and it's already starting to go away. I think some are just lucky!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#9 of 32 Old 03-24-2011, 08:52 AM

--

#10 of 32 Old 03-24-2011, 09:36 AM

I wonder how much the food allergies or intolerances do affect this. With my previous two pregnancies I had pretty constant nausea. I eliminated gluten several months ago after suspecting some problems, so I'm wondering if the lack of morning sickness could be related to no gluten in my diet anymore. I am soooo exhausted, pretty much constantly. Within an hour of getting out of bed, I feel like I could go back to bed & sleep all day. I'm pretty happy to not have morning sickness so far, but I'm just getting close to 7 weeks now, so I guess there is still plenty of opportunity for it to show up.

mama to ds 6, dd 4, & ds 2
#11 of 32 Old 03-24-2011, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Im 6w 1d and have had no m/s thus far. With my first DS I was naseous alot in the beggining but never threw up. I don't remeber when the m/s started though.

I has a miscarriage at 7 weeks in Deecmber and didn't feel sick at all prior to the loss. I wish Id feel a bit sick. as unpleasant as it is, it would be reassuring.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#12 of 32 Old 03-25-2011, 07:07 PM

I'm 7w5d, and I have had only minor nausea, no vomiting, no food aversions. With my first, I had crazy food aversions (I could basically only eat cheese and fruit) and regular vomiting and near-constant nausea. So yeah, I've been a little worried. But, this time I'm still nursing my LO, so maybe my body knows what it's doing, because I absolutely need all the nutrients I can get. I just can't afford to eat only white food! I'm also taking different prenatal vitamins, though that could just be grasping at straws...

Just holding tight to my one constant symptom - the fatigue! If I get a burst of energy, that's when I get really worried.

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#13 of 32 Old 03-26-2011, 12:31 PM

I didn't have any with my second DD.

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#14 of 32 Old 03-27-2011, 07:48 AM

I'm not really having morning sickness.  My appetite has decreased, especially in the evenings, but for the most part, no food aversions, nausea or vomitting.

The same was true for my first two pregnancies as well.

Carrie

Carrie, wife to J, sahm to E, N, and A, followed by a bunch of crunchy labels and acronyms

#15 of 32 Old 03-27-2011, 04:01 PM

With DS I had zero pregnancy symptoms.  Some doctors worry about it, others don't, mine didn't.  Just let your doctor/midwife know.  It is possible to have no MS.  I am 4 weeks and 4 days so a little too early to tell if I will be so lucky. 

Catherine & Baby Vee
Mama to Vinayak {8/2007} & Married to Sridhar {11/2001}
#16 of 32 Old 03-28-2011, 03:20 PM

I'm comforted by this thread too. I'm probably 5 weeks (maybe 5wks 2 days?) and I've only had the slightest twinges of nausea - today, after I saw the +. No breast tenderness yet, and I'm nursing. I have had some slight cramps too, so fingers are still very crossed that baby sticks.

With Kieran, I had some m/s, but I only actually vomited a few times - otherwise it was just constant low grade nausea. Blech.

I think I'll probably try acupuncture a few times to see if it helps curb m/s.

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#17 of 32 Old 03-28-2011, 03:51 PM

I am 5 weeks and no morning sickness. I actually don't feel pregnant at all. I do have occasional cramping when my DS nurses but no sore nipples, no fatigue. I kind of wish there was some symptoms to ease my mind. I took another HPT test yesterday and the line showed up immediately and was darker than the control line. My  ob appt is not for another 5 weeks.

42 year old runnerjog.gif, hiker. Mom to DS(6/28/08) smile.gifand married to my best friend. Cloth diaper and plan to homeschool. Love my life in the mountains. Identical twin boys born 11/3/11 selectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpgbfolderchild.gifnocirc.giffambedsingle2.gif

#18 of 32 Old 03-29-2011, 12:06 PM

I take it all back. This morning it hit with a vengeance. puke.gif

#19 of 32 Old 03-29-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivated Mama View Post

My condolences! Can I ask how far along you are? (random question - does MDC no longer allow pregnancy tickers? I haven't even tried to put one in my siggy yet, but I haven't seen anyone else with one either)

I'm still feeling nada. I actually took another pg test today, just to check - very immediately positive, so that was reassuring.

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#20 of 32 Old 03-29-2011, 01:11 PM

No morning sickness for ME. No nausea. Nothing. I'm 7w3d.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#21 of 32 Old 03-29-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivated Mama View Post

Me too!  I was literally just thinking the SAME thing...
how far along are you?

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#22 of 32 Old 03-31-2011, 04:23 AM

I'm 6w6d. It definitely had to do with me taking my prenatal in the morning because I forgot it the night before. Won't be doing that again since it doesn't stay down anyway. I am feeling nauseous all the time though and it's definitely worse in the morning, after I get up and get moving, and then it subsides throughout the day.

#23 of 32 Old 03-31-2011, 06:22 AM

No ms here (7 weeks), and I didn't have any at all last pregnancy.  From what I gather, there maybe a genetic component to it, neither my mother nor my aunts had any ms with their combined six pregnancies.

Megan - DP Mike - DS Jack (Feb 2010)

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35**stillheart.gif*40**

#24 of 32 Old 03-31-2011, 11:01 AM

I'm about 5w1d today and I have no real symptoms so far. With my first I felt pretty good throughout the whole pregnancy. I never threw up and was rarely nauseous. I hated noodles and that's about as bad as it got. I lost a baby in November at about 22 weeks and I felt deathly ill the entire time with an aversion to ALL foods, which lasted until about a week after I labored. It was awful. I'm hoping that this time will be a more gentle ride. My breasts are starting to get heavy and a tiny bit sore, but that's it so far. I have been a litlte worried too, but I've been at both ends of the spectrum so I don't know what to think.

#25 of 32 Old 04-03-2011, 05:59 AM

How ironic that we would complain of NO morning sickness, but would complain if we had it too!

This is the first time I've been pregnant. I'm almost in my 8th week and I haven't really noticed any M/S. I've had more gas/bloating, the odd belch and infrequent but sudden bouts of I'm going to vomit, but it's just one occurrence and then nothing. Blood test on Friday confirmed my pregnancy. I had done the HPT last Sunday.

I have a history of PCOS and found out because I got cancer. Perhaps because I've had complications down there and possiby used to elevated hormone levels or something, I'm not reacting as badly to the increase of hormones as others might. I also don't get seasick, which I wondered might be a similar thing to the nausea you get with pregnancy. (I wouldn't know.) Personally, I'm grateful that I'm not experiencing bad morning sickness. I have to continue working in a labor job for several months yet, so no M/S  could be a huge blessing for our family. (Wishing I hadn't quit my desk job.)

Meeting my daughter somewhere between 21st - 27th November 2011

#26 of 32 Old 04-04-2011, 11:02 AM

I start to feel a little queasy if I let myself get too hungry, and I've had some mild taste aversions- but so far no real m/s.  I'm 7 weeks today.

#27 of 32 Old 04-05-2011, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

UPDATE:  I am officially feeling vile now (since about 6w)... yay?

#28 of 32 Old 04-05-2011, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome to the club! ;)

#29 of 32 Old 04-10-2011, 08:37 PM

I'm 10w2d and I've only had nausea. Most of the time it's not so bad, but sometimes, I'm afraid to move because I don't want to vomit... Thankfully, nothing has come up yet, so I'm hoping that it stays this way for me throughout the rest of my pregnancy.

#30 of 32 Old 04-11-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannahva View Post

UPDATE:  I am officially feeling vile now (since about 6w)... yay?

Yep, that's about when it hit for me too. It's constant low grade nausea, no vomiting. Lots of food aversions. It hasn't been *quite* as bad the past day or two, but I also think that's because I (ahem) missed taking my vitamins. (sigh)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page