Boobs don't hurt anymore at only 6 weeks - so worried :( - update need more advice! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-25-2011, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Im trying to not read too much into this but here is my situation.

I had a miscarriage in December at 7 weeks. I had had an u/s 1 week before and everything was ok - heartbeat was seen but fetus was measuring smaller than expected, but the doc didn;t seem concerned. blood work 1 week later indicated a m/c and I started bleeding 9 days after that u/s. In retrospect - the only indication I had was that my boobs that had been sore - stopped hurting.

So now Im 6 weeks. I had my first u/s yesterday and it's measuring 6 weeks 1 day although based on my LMP I should be measuring 6 weeks 3 days - but I know that is not much of a difference. My boobs hurt yesterday like crazy and have been all along. This morning I woke up and they don't hurt anymore - at all. I freaked out and practically hyperventilated at 5am this morning (my poor dh!). Im trying not to get too worked up, but being so afraid of another m/c is making it very hard to stay calm.

Im going to ask my friend who is a DC to order another HCG and progesterone level even though my last level was only on Wednesday. Numbers on Wed were prog 19.3 (roughly) and HCG a bit over 9,000 (roughly). My doc is away until Tusday and I don't think I can wait ARGGGGGHHHH anyone else have the loss of boob pain early on like this and go on to have a healthy pregnancy?? mecry.gif

Also does anyone think an U/S can induce a m/c? Is that crazy to think that? It just seems so cooincidental that last time everything seemed fine until the u/s and if it happens again this time it would be the same thing.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 03-25-2011, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've had two DD's and 4 losses.

My 1st DD i woke up 8 weeks pregnant (by LMP, 7+4 by scan) with no symptoms.  Nausea was gone.  Boobs were soft (lumps gone) and pain free.  Nipples were un-tender.  I had NO symptoms.

I went in for my scan around 11 weeks fearing the worst and expecting a D&C appointment later that week.  Instead i got a photo of a little blurry blob with a beating heart and little waving limbs.  Hang in there. xxx

#3 of 10 Old 03-25-2011, 10:12 AM

I know it is hard to wait and not worry and fret over symptoms and lack of them.  I am usually pretty neurotic myself about these things.  However I have learned that I only steal the joy of the moment from myself by doing so.  For right now, you are pregnant, there is a sweet soul in there, enjoy the time you have. 

I lost 2 pregnancies and then tried (with infertility meds) for 5 years before I had ds1.  I have had a total of 5 early losses and 2 losses in the second trimester in 2009. 

Keeping you in thought and prayer.

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

#4 of 10 Old 03-28-2011, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your encouragement.

Ive decided worrying is pointless. Good thoughts produce good things. Bad thoughts produce bad things. The law of attraction, so thinking about anything but having a healthy baby is not going to be allowed to stay in my brain!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#5 of 10 Old 03-28-2011, 12:58 PM

I've been having pretty terrible morning sickness since week 6.  On Saturday, I woke up for the first time with no nausea, no headache, no sore boobs and feeling rested.  UH-OH!  My husband couldn't understand why I was so miserable being sick and now so miserable because I wasn't sick.  Well, today, it's all back, and in full force.  And I'm relieved.  It seems that it's just going to come and go until (hopefully) at some point a few weeks from now it's going to go and not come back. 

I'm glad to hear you've taken a zen attitude.  Just try to remember (as I never do) that worrying doesn't solve any problems, it only creates them.  You can't control so much of this process, which is scary but should also lend itself to letting go somewhat.  I'm working on that latter part.

Good luck!

#6 of 10 Old 03-29-2011, 03:14 PM

how long are our boobs supposed to hurt, anyway?

Rachel, massage therapist and single mom :to Keanu 7/29/04 and Juniper 11/18/11!  Lovingfemalesling.GIFcd.gifnamaste.giflactivist.gifgd.giffambedsingle1.gif

#7 of 10 Old 03-31-2011, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Ok here is my update.

My boobs have been hurting on and off - but mostly on. I had HCG levels fone on 3/23 and 3/30. My doc called me this am with the results from yesterday stating they were not rsing like they should be. I went from 9,295 on 3/23 to 20 thousand something (didn';t write it down but know it was in the low 20,000's) on 3/31. She says that levels should be doubling at least every 3 days and I should be in the mid 30,000's at this point. She is drawing them again on Monday.

Ok - I scoured the internet and the info I see says that as a pregnancy increases doubling times slow down and by 7 weeks  and having numbers in the 20,000's it can take 4 days or longer to double. I found one study that had a woman who had a viable pregnancy with a 13 day doubling time. So Im kind of irritated at her because she's got me all worried and from what I read this could still be entirely normal.

Anybody else here have slower than "normal" doubling times and have evenything turn out ok?

#8 of 10 Old 03-31-2011, 05:49 PM

Yeah, I just had to hop in here to say that it sounds like your doc hasn't a clue about doubling times!! Once you're that high (over 2000 I believe), doubling times slow considerably and like you said "normal" is a wider range of up to 96 hours I think. From everything I've read, HCG doubling times aren't considered at all a reliable indicator of pregnancy health once you get up that high, which is why if they really need confirmation or reassurance after 6 weeks or so, docs who know better would opt for an ultrasound.

I know lots of people (myself included) whose >6 weeks numbers have proved this out, so relax and try not to worry! And if it were me, I'd find a new doc. A third draw probably won't do a thing but drag on your worry some more. If you are really concerned, push for an ultrasound.

Megan, wife to K, mama to C lady.gif (9/07), brokenheart.gif(4/10) brokenheart.gif(11/10)

And our rainbow is here! E babyboy.gif 10/11

#9 of 10 Old 04-01-2011, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

I appreciate this - but I do feel the need to defend my doc. She is an RE and a wonderful doctor. It's is ME who wants regular levels done because I don't feel comfortable having ultrasounds every week. I've done enough research to know there are risk with U/S and I prefer to keep them to a minimum. Ive already had 1 last week at 6 weeks and everything was measuring ok - but no heartbeat yet. So she is really doing the HCG and progesterone levels to humor me - she obviously is pushing for another U/S. I'm not saying I won't have one, but only if things with the bloodwork look grim. I saw her this morning and she aknowledged that doubling times rise the farther along you are and as long as they continue to go up, she wouldn't be overly concerned - not what I heard on the phone - but that could have been my own anxiety?? Anyway I went this am because frankly Im more concerned about my progesterone level which has fallen from 22 to 19 to 15. She says they don't generally worry until the levels go below 10, BUT took another level and said if it went down anymore she'd like me to go on progesterone supps - gave me a rx in case so we will see I suppose. I have a history of LPD - so I'm more worried about progesterone than the HCG numbers really. Im choosing to stay positive and believe everything will be ok.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by apmama07 View Post

Yeah, I just had to hop in here to say that it sounds like your doc hasn't a clue about doubling times!! Once you're that high (over 2000 I believe), doubling times slow considerably and like you said "normal" is a wider range of up to 96 hours I think. From everything I've read, HCG doubling times aren't considered at all a reliable indicator of pregnancy health once you get up that high, which is why if they really need confirmation or reassurance after 6 weeks or so, docs who know better would opt for an ultrasound.

I know lots of people (myself included) whose >6 weeks numbers have proved this out, so relax and try not to worry! And if it were me, I'd find a new doc. A third draw probably won't do a thing but drag on your worry some more. If you are really concerned, push for an ultrasound.

#10 of 10 Old 04-01-2011, 09:41 AM

There is a forum here for pregnancy after a loss, and I have found it such a wonderful place to express my fears and joys! I would encourage you to check it out if you think it might be helpful. I hope everything turns out fine and your baby is growing strong!

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

User Tag List