Nausea... :-( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-25-2011, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Started a couple days ago.  And I'm only hitting 6 weeks now.  Does anyone remember when it ended for them? 

Me (30) and DH (30), DS (7/1/08), DD (12/1/11) and finally expecting a new little one end of Jan/early Feb 2015!  
#2 of 10 Old 03-25-2011, 01:40 PM

I had it my WHOLE pregnancies- which is very VERY rare.  I think the usual is about 12 weeks, when hormone levels plateau.  Ive seen a lot of women on here saying that thy started feeling better about 9 week, so you might not have long!

I'm barely 5 weeks today and just got my first hint of it also. 

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#3 of 10 Old 03-25-2011, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Started for me before BFP, and then ended around 11 weeks.  good luck!!

#4 of 10 Old 03-25-2011, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

i dont feel too bad today so I don't know if I'm getting a day off or if its fizzling out. But the last week or so, ugh, have been unpleasant. Its way better if I force myself to eat,  even in the middler of the night. its hard to remember when it ended with my first.. it seemed like it took a while to go away completely and was sorta come and go. we went on a trip around 13-14 weeks and i know i felt pretty okay then, but it seemed like i still had a few bouts after. maybe even as late as 16-18 weeks? it was pretty mild. #2 was weird. 1 week of nausea that got worse and worse every day... and then it was gone by 7 weeks. BIZARRE! Interestingly, right before it went away for good I had an accupuncture session. I don't know if it was going to be on its way out anyway or if I just *really* responded well to that session. She said the first session was likely to work for a day or 2. Then the next session, a few days longer, the next session, maybe a week.. and so on. I only ever went to the one session! 

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#5 of 10 Old 03-25-2011, 04:22 PM

Sad to say, it seems like mine has gone on longer with each additional pregnancy. With my last pregnancy (#4), the last time I threw up was at 17 weeks. This time around I got sicker about 2 weeks earlier than with any of my previous pregnancies (bad nausea arrived right at 5 weeks). Maybe I'll be done sooner? One of the few things I have not tried is accupuncture, only because I don't really have a reliable place to leave my girls during the session. I'd say, try everything you can. It seems like some things help some of the time but nothing has ever helped all of the time. Peppermint Patties, water with lemon, and eating something with protein and carbs every 2 hours on the dot have been somewhat helpful for me this time. Good luck to you all. This is THE most dreaded part of pregnancy for me.

Wendy  homeschooling mom to 4 little girls and a new blessing due in November

Wendy  Wife to my sweet husband, homeschooling mom to 4 little girls and a new blessing due in November! chicken3.gif
#6 of 10 Old 03-26-2011, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This is my first pregnancy with no vomiting and only manageable nausea so far. I started taking B6 right away because I'd heard it helped with morning sickness and I think that's what's helping me. But I'm not about to skip a day to find out! Give it a try!

#7 of 10 Old 03-26-2011, 12:27 PM

Depends on the pregnancy. with my first, I barely had any outside of the second trimester. With my second (which was lost) it was unbearable, but ended with the pregnancy. With my fourth (second DD), I had none. With this one, it's just been getting worse and worse :(

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#8 of 10 Old 03-31-2011, 12:21 PM

So interesting!  I've read that for most women it ends when the placenta comes on board around week 10.... 

I am managing mine with ginger, B-6 and grazing on fruit through the day.  I've had people recommend chewing crackers before getting up, but that seems unpalatable to me. Instead I try and have breakfast as soon as I wake up. 

I'm a first timer and am loving the nausea as a reminder that there really is a person in there!  

Rachel (39) married to DH (47), expecting our first in November 2011 after 2+ years of trying!  Living happily with 2cat.gifs and a dog2.gif!
***4****8***1sttri.gif***16***20***24***28***32***36***4

#9 of 10 Old 04-05-2011, 12:30 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Averages say morning sickness strikes about 80% of women, peaks around 9 weeks and tends to disappear overnight or lessen slowly around weeks 12-16.  The placenta usually takes over around week 12. 

My m/s starts usually before I even know I'm pregnant and lasts the entire pregnancy, but it does lessen very slowly until it's very manageable by week 30 or so.  Everyone is different and every pregnancy is different.  This is my third and the m/s is much less severe!  I'm only 6 weeks so I hope it stays that way, but for me, week 6 has been the worst week in my previous 2 pregnancies.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#10 of 10 Old 04-06-2011, 08:57 PM

I'm ready for it to end. SO ready for it to end. greensad.gif

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page