Can already feel my uterus! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 03-25-2011, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Wow, so, I know the uterus pops up quicker with each pregnancy and this is my 3rd, but wow! I'm only 7 weeks and can feel it more than halfway to my belly button already! Anyone else?

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 03-25-2011, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 5 weeks and I can just feel it over my pubic bone, thought this is only my second.

~Sarah

treehugger.gif  trekkie.gifcat.gifcarrot.gif
Mom to Vala ribboncesarean.gif 5/09, Anya hbac.gif 11/11, & one on the way 12/13

Check out my blog- http://healingcesareanscars.blogspot.com/

#3 of 18 Old 03-25-2011, 04:34 PM

I'll be 8 weeks on Sunday and I've been able to feel mine for a few weeks now. It is getting higher! I'd say mine is about halfway to my bellybutton. I've already had to put my comfy pants on all this week. I'm wearing a pair of jeans right now and I'm pretty uncomfortable in them! I'm excited to get this baby bump!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#4 of 18 Old 03-25-2011, 06:24 PM

I'm confused. I've been taught to feel for the fundus, and if I didn't know better I'd think mine was right BELOW my belly button. It's so weird- it's that hardish shelf feeling, right below. This is only my second baby, and I'm only seven weeks- I'm terrified it's twins (or more) but hoping it's just my organs and whatnot being pushed out of the way??

forever following the lead of a colorful active little monkey
#5 of 18 Old 03-25-2011, 06:35 PM

Oh Im so glad Im not the only one!  Im only 5 weeks and I swear I look like I was about 4 months in my last pregnancy.  This is pregnancy #3 for me.  My uterus is just above my pubic bone, but today was the first day I got to sport a band to keep my pants unbottoned...

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#6 of 18 Old 03-25-2011, 10:01 PM

According to my due date im almost 6 weeks with my 3rd and dont feel anything. of course, i dont know what im looking for. lol thank goodness my jeans still fit nicely. i hope i can stay in them for a while. even if i have to unbutton them to wear them. a belly bump is so cute with unbuttoned pre-preggo jeans. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal85 View Post

I'll be 8 weeks on Sunday and I've been able to feel mine for a few weeks now. It is getting higher! I'd say mine is about halfway to my bellybutton. I've already had to put my comfy pants on all this week. I'm wearing a pair of jeans right now and I'm pretty uncomfortable in them! I'm excited to get this baby bump!

#7 of 18 Old 03-25-2011, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

yeah my jeans still fit actually. i can feel it without difficulty, but its not sticking out. I have to press down a bit to feel it. Also, I've been feeling some BH's today. Which really doesn't freak me out, I've heard that our uterus contracts regularly all the time, even very early like this. We just don't always notice it. I'm sure I could stand to drink some more though :/ It was feeling a BH that clued me in to the fact that I could feel my uterus. I've been feeling for it regularly. I thought I could feel something barely above my pubic bone maybe a week or so ago, but at that stage, its hard to tell since there's scar tissue from my csection in that same place. So I'm thinking it just had a big growth spurt this week! I wonder if there's any correlation between today my nausea being WAY less, and this uterine growth spurt? I don't know if its over (morning sickness only lasted a week last time! so its possible!) or if I'm just having a lucky good day. But it has crossed my mind.. could something about my uterus having a growth spurt have magically cured the morning sickness? 

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#8 of 18 Old 03-25-2011, 10:31 PM

That's a crazy thing to think about. But youd think the less room you have, the more you'd get sick. I did with my daughter. lol Of course she made me sick the entire pregnancy. My son(first born) was a walk in the park. This pregnancy feels rather easy so far. Fingers crossed!!! And I'll be feelin for my uterus. I'm excited to do everything over again. ESPECIALLY birthing at home with my partner and midwife.

#9 of 18 Old 03-25-2011, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

hmm I think being sick the whole pregnancy is just bad luck a few people have :( But less room never meant more sick for me. We'll see what tomorrow brings! I had 3 slices of pizza for dinner tonight :) And, I am totally NOT in the mood for sweets. Which is, I guess kinda good because they're not exactly healthy. But its annoying because we finally got our girl scout cookie order, and I'm not in the mood, but I don't want the kids to eat them all up before I muster up the appetite for them! Its not like I can go out and buy more, when they're gone, no more until next year, eek! And I have nearly a pound of fudge I bought from etsy in my cupboard :X which I have successfully kept secret from every other person in this house. 

#10 of 18 Old 03-26-2011, 01:20 AM

#11 of 18 Old 03-26-2011, 04:35 AM

I feel all kinds of stuff, but can't say if it's uterus or not smile.gif

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#12 of 18 Old 03-26-2011, 07:23 AM

I don't crave sweets either. One day I did. I drank a frickin HALF gallon of chocolate milk. (ewwww!) But I mostly crave the carbs. I have never felt the same about sweets after I got pregnant with my first. I tried feeling around for my uterus last night in bed and can't feel anything. I bet it'll pop over the top of my pelvic bone soon though.

#13 of 18 Old 03-26-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post

You all must be a bunch of skinny ladies because I can't feel $h!t under my big ol' belly! wink1.gif

Hmm...no.  Haha.  I'm a bit chubby, I think I just know what I'm feeling for since this is my 3rd.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#14 of 18 Old 03-26-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashley111 View Post

Hmm...no.  Haha.  I'm a bit chubby, I think I just know what I'm feeling for since this is my 3rd.

yeah, I think it has a lot to do with knowing what to look for this time around. Plus, this isn't my first pregnancy so things are already a bit stretched out from last time. It's interesting about the growth spurt and nausea going away. Mine only lasted a little over a week too. I mean, I'm not totally good. As the day goes on, I feel a bit more queasy and usually can't eat too much at dinner, but it's nothing like it was a week ago! I may even have the courage to go eat at an Italian restaurant with my sister today, we'll see how it goes. 

And I put my smallest pair of maternity jeans on this morning redface.gif They are soooo much more comfortable! 

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#15 of 18 Old 03-27-2011, 03:56 AM

I felt uncomfortable on my stomach last night, so maybe my uterus is poking up a bit. I remembered though that I have a tilted uterus and that is why it is probably so hard for me to feel the fundus.

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#16 of 18 Old 03-27-2011, 10:11 PM

Yes! at about week 6 my Dh said he could feel a hardness in my abdomen and knew it was growing ( i still have a bit of a baby belly from last year) and I definitely see and feel it. Wow - I did have a dream last night that I was losing weight as the months of this pregnancy went on and I looked less pregnant at the end than I did at the begining but that everything was fine with the babe :)  That would be nice.

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

#17 of 18 Old 04-01-2011, 09:23 AM

I can feel my fundus as well. It's high enough that it's freaking me out. 

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#18 of 18 Old 04-02-2011, 09:37 AM

I just found out for sure that I'm pregnant last night. My LMP was Feb 19 so I'm just 6 weeks. After reading this I felt for my fundus and definitely can feel it, a bit above my pubic bone. Wow!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page