Deep Breath...I Can Do This - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-28-2011, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone! My name is Jennifer and I was originally part of the March 2011 DDC. Our sweet angel, Ana, was born at 22 weeks due to PPROM. Just about the time we got used to the idea of another little one and got excited, she was taken away from us. My husband and I talked about trying again, but were going to wait until this fall to make a decision. Yet here I am, a member of the November 2011 DDC. Quite a suprise!!

Our first daughter will be 6 in June and we always said she would be the only one. When I got pregnant with Ana it was quite a shock, but this time around we feel ready and excited from the very beginning. On the other hand, we are both so scared that something bad will happen again. The doctor has assured that there is no reason I cannot carry a baby to term and that things should be fine.

Things that were important last time around, like finding out the sex of the baby and figuring out my birth plan, are so far from my mind. I am focusing on being healthy and hoping for a sticky baby. I look forward to hanging out with all of you for the whole 9 months (or longer if that's what it takes). I'm so glad to be here with my "Surprise Second Chance Baby".

#2 of 6 Old 03-28-2011, 07:50 AM

Welcome, Jennifer!  So glad you're here now, and sorry for the loss of your Ana.  I wish a completely peaceful and uneventful pregnancy for you!

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#3 of 6 Old 03-28-2011, 06:42 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I'm very excited for you and your surprise pregnancy and I hope that everything goes well!  I, too, have an "surprise" one this time around, so I can understand your shock and apprehension.  Let's hope we all have a healthy 9 months!!!

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#4 of 6 Old 03-28-2011, 10:23 PM

Welcome! I'm sorry for your loss. I can feel the excitement about this pregnancy in your post! Here's wishing you (and all of us!) a healthy full term pregnancy and baby!

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#5 of 6 Old 03-29-2011, 04:47 PM

Glad you're here! You can do it!!!! You'll be completely scared outta your mind for the most part, but hang in there momma smile.gif

treehugger.gif wife (30) to DH (30) and mother todust.gif Maia Solis  waterbirth.jpg (8-29-07) and hearts.gifAria Rain  (11-13-11). Expecting baby #3 at the beginning of May 2014.

lactivist.gif     bfinfant.gif    saynovax.gif    femalesling.GIF      cd.gif    toddler.gif  

#6 of 6 Old 03-29-2011, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome and congratulations! Here's hoping that everything goes perfectly this time around!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page