What are you eating? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 04-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had some wonton soup today for lunch and it's the first time in a month that I was actually excited to eat something! So thankful for that :)

#32 of 47 Old 04-04-2011, 02:53 PM

I'm with TalkToMeNow...the off-white diet has been easiest for me to eat because the smell of most other things turn my stomach right away. I wish I could have smoothies and such healthy things as I see above, but anything that has/had chlorophyll in it is revolting right now-even when mixed with fruit. I'm just trying to stick with bland so I can get through the day without a debilitating spell of ME. Hope it improves soon!

Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com
#33 of 47 Old 04-04-2011, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Yesterday:

Breakfast:  2 grapefruits and 3 oranges.  Then some pregnancy tea.

Lunch:  A huge-ass tofu burrito from Los Gorditos (local taqueria with an awesome vegan menu).  The nausea set in about halfway through so DH had to finish it.

I really wasn't able to eat anything else for the rest of the day.  I should have known better than to attempt that burrito.  I had a banana and some more tea near bedtime.

Today:

Pregnancy tea, then at about 10:30 I had 4 oranges.  After that I choked down some rice chex and almond milk and a piece of toast, because I knew I needed the calories.  It tasted really gross.

It's 3 now and I'm hungry but I don't want to eat. :(  I think I will attempt some TJ's veggie pot stickers.  Salty/chewy sounds good.

I've been having major issues with peanut butter since yesterday.  I feel like I can smell it everywhere and it's all over everything and it's making me really, really sick.  I feel like I'm being attacked with peanut butter.  Make it stop!!!  Every time I think about eating I start to smell peanut butter and then I want to puke.  It really sucks because DS LOVES peanut butter.  I know he's going to ask for it soon, and I have no idea how I'm going to get it for him and then (even worse) clean it and him up afterward.  Ugh.

#34 of 47 Old 04-04-2011, 04:07 PM

bleh. I have food aversions and a nasty taste in my mouth after *everything*- even toothpaste. So eating can be tricky. My food aversions are really specific, though- like no creamy sauces that are milk or broth based, but other types of sauces are ok, sour cream is ok, guacamole is ok to a certain extent. It's wierd.

Roasted veggies in olive oil are good- all veggies that I've tried are fine. Fruit is fine, but I can't eat most fruit on an empty stomach. Breakfast foods are fine- I've been eating egg sandwiches or scrambled eggs every day.

I'm craving a big ol' steak, but that's totally out of the budget. :( Mint chocolate chip ice cream is majorly yum right now. lol. I have a spoonful at a time, but I try to keep it to a minimum.

Today:

cereal- multi grain cheerios. At least it has less sugar than most cereals.

2 egg sandwiches

7 layer dip (actually only 4 layers, but whatever)

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#35 of 47 Old 04-08-2011, 05:54 PM

I'm 6 weeks and haven't had any real food aversions as of yet. Lately all I want is bagels and cream cheese- there is this fantastic local coffee and bagel shop near us that uses organic ingredients and bakes their bagels fresh every day- I waddled there almost every day when I was pregnant with DS :P

Today:

French toast with maple syrup (DH made the syrup, our first time tapping trees and it came out fantastic!) and a small cup of coffee 

Sandwich on whole wheat bread with lettuce, tomato, tofurkey and vegenaise - this is the first time I've ever eaten tofurkey. Usually I stick to beans, lentils, tofu etc... but I've been craving meat and this did the trick 

Organic yogurt 

Greens and tomato salad with croutons

Dirt worshiping, creatress Mama to Rowan and Alden - home birth loving, no circ, no vax, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering, baby wearing, cosleeping

#36 of 47 Old 04-09-2011, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viriditas View Post

I've been having major issues with peanut butter since yesterday.  I feel like I can smell it everywhere and it's all over everything and it's making me really, really sick.  I feel like I'm being attacked with peanut butter.  Make it stop!!!  Every time I think about eating I start to smell peanut butter and then I want to puke.  It really sucks because DS LOVES peanut butter.  I know he's going to ask for it soon, and I have no idea how I'm going to get it for him and then (even worse) clean it and him up afterward.  Ugh.

This was me last week and I love peanut butter.  I would taste it randomly and feel sick.

I am eating really poorly and feel like a bad advocate for good vegan eating which I am normally a health nut. Maybe writing this down will convince me I need to eat some healthier stuff.   I also can't seem to eat much after work.  I usually leave work starving and come home and have a small snack and can't eat anymore than that for the rest of the night.

Yesterday.  morning: everything bagel with vegan cream cheese.

mid morning snack:  fruit cereal bar

lunch:  vegan sloppy joe on a whole wheat bun

after work snack:  a few broken chips dipped in guacamole

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#37 of 47 Old 04-11-2011, 09:56 PM

I had veggie soup after I woke up, and was dizzy almost all afternoon. DH got me some beef jerky for protein. Which apparently made my body go "ZOMG MOAR PROTEINZ NOW!!!!!!" because I have almost finished a tub of roasted red pepper hummus and had a steak as well. DD3 is still nursing just about 6-8 times a day, though.

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#38 of 47 Old 05-23-2011, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

I want to revive this thread now that I'm past the "everything makes me want to yak" phase and am moving into the "OMG, I LOVE eating!!!" phase of pregnancy.  I hope some others are interested as well. :)

Yesterday:

Breakfast : gorilla munch with soy milk and sliced bananas

Snack:  some blue corn chips

Lunch:  Quinoa, steamed tempeh, mixed greens, carrots, green onions, tahini sauce

Snack:  cashews and raisins

Dinner:  Burrito from Taco del Mar:  spinach tortilla, black beans, rice, guacamole, cabbage, pico de gallo, salsa; more chips

Snack:  About half an apple (shared DS's bedtime snack), rooibos chai with vanilla soymilk

Today so far:

Breakfast:  green smothie- stinging nettles, bananas, strawberries

Snack:  2 pieces of whole wheat sourdough toast with peanut butter, a big glass of almond milk with blackstrap molasses

#39 of 47 Old 05-23-2011, 08:26 PM

I'm still having a few issues with food aversions, and a little nausea in the morning and before dinner, but things are definitely improving.

Today was a holiday for us, and, wonderfully, DH did most of the cooking. We are neither vegetarian nor super-super healthy eaters, though we do try to get a balance.

Breakfast: egg sandwich on whole wheat English muffin with cheddar, tomato and avocado. Orange slices. A half-cup of coffee topped up with milk, with a very little bit of sugar.

Snack: A long-weekend indulgence of the other half of that cup of coffee!

Lunch: brown-rice pasta (fun shapes for the kiddo) with tomato basil sauce and parmesan cheese. Apple slices.

Snack: two slices of whole wheat raisin toast with butter. 

Dinner: greek chicken in a whole wheat pita with feta cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and spinach, and a dill-yogurt sauce. Lemon potatoes.

Snack: more pickles than I care to admit to. I will also probably have something else later. Could possibly be some other indulgence because I haven't really indulged yet this long-weekend. I'm hoping to convince DH to run out and get ice cream.

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#40 of 47 Old 05-23-2011, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Today I ate..  I've been working really hard on eating smaller meals.  If I eat too much in one sitting I get awful indigestion and feel like I'm going to explode.

Breakfast:

Coffee with raw milk and whipped cream

1.5 bagels w/cream cheese

banana

Snack:

Grapes

Cherries

Lunch:

Homemade chicken tortilla soup w/avocado and cheese

Snack:

Fruit

Dinner:

Spaghetti w/meat sauce

Salad

Snack:

GF granola w/raw milk

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#41 of 47 Old 05-24-2011, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

The rest of yesterday:

Late lunch: Brown rice pasta with garlic chickpeas, nutritional yeast, and flax oil

Mixed greens with 1/4 of an avocado and tahini dressing (tahini, lemon juice, salt, water), some baby carrots

(I really wanted broccoli, but when I went to wash it it was infested with aphids.  Damn.)

I kinda skipped dinner since my lunch was so late and huge, but then I got starving at about 8:00.  I had leftover pasta and chickpeas, a cup of rooibos chai with soy milk, and mango sorbet.

Today so far:

Breakfast:  huge bowl of oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon, blackstrap molasses, ground flax seed, a little maple syrup, and soymilk.

And I just had a few bites of brown rice pasta with nutritional yeast and flax oil because DH didn't realize that I just finished a huge breakfast an hour ago.

#42 of 47 Old 05-26-2011, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Food update:

The rest of the day before yesterday:

I don't remember if I had a snack, but I did make my pregnancy infusion (from Aviva Jill Rom's book) and drank a quart of that throughout the afternoon and evening.

Dinner: stir fry: onions, broccoli, red bell pepper, bok choi, garlic, tamari, baked sesame tofu, brown jasmine rice

For dessert DH brought home a raspberry almond lindzer (sp?) bar for me (yummy!!) and I had a cup of rooibos chai with almond milk.

Yesterday:

Breakfast: Rooibos chai with almond milk (I really can't get enough of the stuff), peanut butter panda puffs with almond milk.

Snack: I think I had some strawberries

Lunch:  Smashed kidney beans with veganaise, salt, whole grain mustard.  Had it on whole wheat toast with avocado and mixed greens.

I don't think I had a snack in the afternoon...maybe some baby carrots.

Dinner:  DH brought home Los Gorditos:  A vegan quesadilla with soyrizo and onions, beans, rice, romain lettuce, tomato, and some of the broccoli I steamed for DS.

A cup of rooibos chai with almond milk.

Today so far:

Breakfast:  Coconut yogurt and hemp plus granola, an apple and about 1/2 a cup of strawberries chopped up on top. Rooibos chai with almond milk.

Lunch:  tempeh, avocado, veganaise, whole grain mustard, and mixed greens on whole wheat sourdough toast.  Baby carrots.

I'm impatiently waiting for the bananas on my counter to ripen so I can make myself some more nettle smoothies!!!

#43 of 47 Old 06-05-2011, 08:46 AM

I'm supposed to be doing the brewer diet though I'm failing at eating ENOUGH calories and I keep not getting in my leafy greens. I guess I could start putting those in my smoothies. :) My goal is 90 grams of protein a day, which I meet almost every day, and then supposedly there's a way to get in 2,400 calories a day, but I haven't done it yet. ;)

this was wednesday, a somewhat typical day:
breakfast:
fruit smoothie with berries/banana/nuts/yogurt/oj
2-3 scrambled eggs
vitamins

lunch:
16 oz milk

pb&j on whole wheat
nuts

dinner:
chicken and potatoes and veggies

milk

after-dinner snack:
more milk :)
cheese and crackers or a popsicle or leftovers from dinner time. (whatever is easiest to find and eat so I don't go to bed hungry)

I will eat baked fish and brown rice for lunch sometimes just to get more protein in the middle of the day. :) Or some times something like a can of sardines... once again: protein!

married to my best friend, stillheart.gif britt, since 8.12.2004 ...homeschooling mama to my girls: avi born 8.3.05, my ryan leanor 1.5.08, azia 9.2.09, and #4 a BOY! due in november 2011.  homebirth.jpg

#44 of 47 Old 06-05-2011, 07:32 PM

COFFEE!

Yes, I have been drinking coffee the whole time. I try to limit myself to a cup a day sometimes it's a cup and a half.

Have tried instant decaf from Starbucks - it's not too bad.

Hoping doing yoga will offset the caffeine!

#45 of 47 Old 06-05-2011, 09:31 PM

I am, very much, still in the eat-anything-that-stays-down mode. Right now, pizza is a winner most of the time. Steak. Very occasionally eggs. Soup is always good, but I hate eating soup when it is 90+ degrees out and humidity that feels like it's in the 500% range. Starchy stuff- baked potatoes with butter and sour cream, breadsticks, etc. Bean burritos are good, too. Egg salad. Hummus with pretzels. I'm craving tomatoes with salt. Tacos I can usually eat.

With the increase in heat, I'm tolerating more plain water, which is good since I could only tolerate fizzy drinks. It's definitely helping. I'm going to make some RRL tea and carbonate it with our sodastream for an experiment. Same with strawberry lemonade. :)

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#46 of 47 Old 06-06-2011, 01:00 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Fizzy drinks=good.  Carbonated tea sounds delicious right now.  Mmm.... Huge dose of protein in the morning is also helping me a lot... eggs, veggie sausage and cheese on a bagel is my current favorite.  For lunch I usually get a sandwich down- cheese and veggies or grilled cheese.  Dinner is a crap shoot.  I had been doing better for a bit, but lately not much has been working.  Pasta and most sauces are out.  Pizza is out.  Soup is out.  One thing I know I can always eat is a burrito- black beans, rice, tomatoes, cheese, avocado, lots of sour cream... that works. Sandwiches generally work as well and sometimes veggies hot dogs and grilled veggies.   I just started eating lettuce salads again, which is good b/c I have a whole lot of lettuce in my garden going to waste.  And at night I have to eat again before bed- usually peanut butter on toast or something similar.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#47 of 47 Old 06-06-2011, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Ooh I discovered something yummy for a slightly fizzy drink :) I mix some emergen-c with a little bit of water, 2oz or so? enough to dissolve it. Then add orange juice! Improves the flavor and gives the orange juice some fizz. I find that if I try to mix it in with juice it doesn't mix in as well, but mixing with water THEN adding juice works well

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page