November 2011 DDC ONE Thread--- April. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 04-01-2011, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to the November DDC ONE thread.

The one thread is a place to chit chat, share your fears, happiness, sadness, and so forth and so on.

To be added to the list, please tell me, in bold, your due date, what you did to get pregnant, any past you want anyone to know about, etc., etc.

::Members::

Mal85- Mallory: Tried for 6 months before getting our BFP. My unofficial due date is around October 29.

Hykue-  Julie, 30, Tried for 7 months or so, with an early loss in September of last year.  EDD Oct 30.

BubbaGirl- Due 11/3.

herbmama3-7- Holly, 11/4.

Ratchet- I'm 30.  EDD 11/4/11

Summersquash- age 32, pregnant with #2 and due 11/5/11.

TalkToMeNow- Amanda, due 11/9/11, our fourth child but my third pregnancy.

chiro_mama- Shauna: Got our BFP after our second month of trying.  This is our third and probably last baby. greensad.gif  EDD: 11/11/11

heket- 36.  My EDD is looking to be between 11/8 and 11/12/11. This will be our third child and a total oops.

marybright1- This will be our fourth kid, third pregnancy. I'm hoping for a HBAC. Gotta find a midwife, though. I figure the due date is about 11-12-11.

TTCChloeOrConner- Nicole. 23. TTC for 16 months naturally before getting my miracle BFP on 3/1/2011 (Digital confirmed 4 days before expected period!). EDD: 11/12/2011. Stick, baby, stick!!!

Miranda, our EDD is 11/14/2011, this is our fourth child.

anthiat123- Thia, EDD 11/14/11, I will be just about 35 when newbie comes (bday Nov 10). Bfp after 2 months and 1 loss

ajbaby- due 11/16. This is baby # 2, we tried for three months.

marnica- This is baby#2 for us and EDD is 11/16/11. I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks in early December after 8 months of ttc. I will be 39 in July so I really hope this works out (I KNOW IT WILL!!!) because this may be my last hurrah!

nearlyelated- based on my calculations my dd is November 18

Rachel88- Rachel - 29 One loss and one year of TTC #1. EDD Nov. 20. Praying for a sticky baby this time!

Cillian- EDD 11/20/11

terrainthailand- Terra, 30 y/o, due 11/21/11.

abraisme- Abra.  We were ttc for about 6mo, but my cycle had been off because of breastfeeding.  This will be baby #3 for us.  My EDD is 11/21/11.

Gemimi13- Dyanna, 35, got my BFP our first month of TTC.  It's our first baby!   EDD: 11/21/11 (Which means we conceived on the cycle starting on Valentine's Day!)

howdeepistheocean- Kristie, I'm due with #4 Nov 24, 2011. Planned...we tried for 1 cycle and got the BFP.

ZoeJane'sMommy- My unconfirmed due date is Nov 25th We tried for 11 months using clomid and progesterone. Our second child and pregnancy.

gardengrrrl- Em and I got my BFP at 34 years old and after 2 months TTC.  This is our first pregnancy and we are beyond happy! Our due date is 11/25 based on last period.

dashley111- Due 11/26.

mahnamahna- Dionna, due at the end of November (maybe 11/26?); TTC for 18mos+; this will be our second baby.

mirami_bat_avraham-Julie, age 28, due with #1 11/28/11 after 27 months of trying & 6 months of fertility treatments.

Shane- due November 29th.

GenomicsGirl- Shannon - 37 years old, 5th child, EDD Nov 30th, Got pg accidentally when IUD "disappeared".

hug.gif In Our Thoughts hug.gif

Sommer

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#2 of 21 Old 04-01-2011, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome to April!!!

I decided to stick with a month-long thread for now, since our last month only had 8 pages on it.

I feel more nauseous today than I ever have! I'm 8 weeks today. Yay!!!

7 days until my first doctor's appointment.

I've been on break from school for the last week. I go back Tuesday... I'm not looking forward to it. This next quarter is going to suck. Biology, English 2, Medical Terminology, and Anatomy and Physiology for Animals. BOO!!!

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#3 of 21 Old 04-01-2011, 12:01 PM

I forgot to let you know in the last thread, but can you change my due date to November 6?

I'll be 9 weeks on Sunday! Getting closer and closer to the end of the first trimester, I'm so ready for the relief the second trimester should bring. I never know how I'm going to feel on any given day. Some days I feel almost normal if I just eat frequently enough, other days it's all I can do to get myself off the couch. Today has been pretty okay, I'm hoping it continues because I have a full day of shopping ahead of me tomorrow, time to get DD stocked up on some spring/summer clothes and get things for Easter. I may even pick up a few maternity things while I'm at it.

I was supposed to get a whole weekend away for shopping at some outlet malls a few hours away. My sister had been offered free use of her boss's timeshare for the weekend, but her daughter got sick at the last minute so we had to cancel it. I'm kind of bummed, I was looking forward to the weekend away from chasing after a two year old. But DH has agreed to take care of her for the weekend as planned and let me get my shopping done and have some time to relax. Hopefully DD cooperates with that!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#4 of 21 Old 04-01-2011, 01:47 PM

Hi TTC Chloe or Connor...could you please add me to the list.

Maria, 35, due date 11/25/11 with TWINS! after two losses (2/06 and 9/10) and 4 months of TTC in between our last loss and this pregnancy.

Enjoying life with my two rainbow babies - somewhat crunchy AP mama - BFing, CDing, BWing and making our own baby food!

#5 of 21 Old 04-02-2011, 05:27 AM

That sucks about not being able to go away for the whole weekend!  I hope you get some R&R anyways!  And have fun shopping!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal85 View Post

Today has been pretty okay, I'm hoping it continues because I have a full day of shopping ahead of me tomorrow, time to get DD stocked up on some spring/summer clothes and get things for Easter. I may even pick up a few maternity things while I'm at it.

I was supposed to get a whole weekend away for shopping at some outlet malls a few hours away. My sister had been offered free use of her boss's timeshare for the weekend, but her daughter got sick at the last minute so we had to cancel it. I'm kind of bummed, I was looking forward to the weekend away from chasing after a two year old. But DH has agreed to take care of her for the weekend as planned and let me get my shopping done and have some time to relax. Hopefully DD cooperates with that!

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#6 of 21 Old 04-18-2011, 08:35 AM

Could i be added to the list?  Due mid-november (16-19th) with second child.  A little bit of an unexpected pregnancy, though we were discussing having #2.  

#7 of 21 Old 04-18-2011, 09:42 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Can you add me, too?

Jaimee, 31, expecting #3 11/28, oops baby

I just noticed that there are a few members on the list that m/c and might prefer to be moved down to the "in our thoughts" section.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#8 of 21 Old 04-18-2011, 05:28 PM

I feel dreadful most of the time.  Nausea, headaches, endless post-nasal drip.  I'm 10 weeks today.  I wish that my previous three experiences would lead me to believe that i'll feel better in a couple of weeks, but that is not the case.

I had a very uneventful midwife appointment today.  Gained 2 pounds since 3 weeks ago, and that's about all the news there was to be had.

"I got 99 problems, but the truth ain't one." - Stephen Colbert
#9 of 21 Old 04-19-2011, 04:38 AM

I'm feeling pretty crappy too and based on my last 2 pregnancies know that I've got about 22 weeks to go until I don't feel so bad.  UGH!  I'm trying something new this time though and hoping, hoping, hoping it helps: acupuncture.  My first appointment is today.  Fingers crossed!

I also keep having dreams that I go to an OB for an u/s and either find out I'm having twins or that I'm only 5 weeks along.  Either way I despair and wake up freaked out.  Sigh....

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#10 of 21 Old 04-19-2011, 12:57 PM

I am ready to join the DDC!

I am 31, it's my first child, EDD is Nov. 2, and I got pregnant after ramping up my BBT/OPK charting and taking various supplements plus progesterone cream.

I am 12 weeks today, and the nausea seems to be fading. My belly grew an inch from what it measured before, but no weight gain yet...

First baby due Oct/Nov 2011. Slowly finding my way...

#11 of 21 Old 04-20-2011, 10:00 AM

I had my acupuncture appointment yesterday!  I fell asleep during the session and felt wretched when I got home for the rest of the night.   But today I feel... dare I say it... better?  I haven't had to eat every 1.5-2 hours and I haven't panted or gagged so far.  I ate left overs for lunch that I couldn't even look at for dinner last night.  I go back tomorrow and then will go about every 4 days.   The practitioner thought I would experience obvious results after 2 sessions.  Fingers crossed!!!

#12 of 21 Old 04-28-2011, 02:04 PM

Hey, where is everyone?  I think the December DDC is putting us to shame with all their activity!  lol.gif

I've had several acupuncture appointments now and I really think it's helping.  I have spurts of energy sans nausea where I'm actually getting laundry and dishes done and yesterday I even weeded the garden!  I highly recommend looking into it if anyone is suffering still.

I have my first sono tomorrow.  We debated about getting sonos at all with this pregnancy, but I really need to find a way to connect with this baby.  I think that seeing it might help.  I'll be 9w4d.  Anyone know the accuracy for dating at this point?  3-4 days?  I keep having dreams and premonitions that I'm having twins, which would be very unlikely since they do not run in my family.  Even my MIL called and told my dh she had this odd feeling that we were having twins.  Strange.  I guess we'll find out soon enough!

How is everyone else doing?  Some of you are almost into the second tri!

#13 of 21 Old 04-28-2011, 05:56 PM

Saturday is the last day of my first trimester! I am feeling soooooo relieved to be done with this part. The first trimester is just too full of sickness and worries that something will go wrong. I feel like I can sigh in relief now. The morning sickness is almost 100% gone and this week I'm feeling a lot more energetic. I can stay away until at least 10 pm, haha! I'm also getting more done around the house, which DH is really thankful for, he's really been picking up my slack!

I'm still pretty grumpy most days, although today has been a good day for me. Just little things annoy me a lot more than they usually do.

I haven't been posting much though, because without many symptoms and a belly that still doesn't pass for pregnant, I get kind of bored and kind of forget I'm pregnant. I'm looking forward to feeling movement on a regular basis. I get a sudden movement every now and then, but it's rare.

I go back to see the midwife on May 10 and I'll be doing my sonogram at the appointment after that! So, middle of June, we should know if this bean is a boy or a girl! The further along I get, the more I think it's a boy. At first I just wanted a boy, but this pregnancy is so different than my first on so far. I'm gaining weight differently. With my first one, I craved fresh fruits and veggies and luckily had a garden and it was the middle of summer, so I got to indulge in that all I wanted! This time, I just want junk food, now that I can eat anyway. I'm hungry constantly and the saltier the food the better. I'm making myself be good though and keeping those salty indulgences to a minimum. I just have to keep it out of the house, otherwise I have no self-control!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#14 of 21 Old 04-28-2011, 06:15 PM

Hi guys!  Glad to see some activity.  I'm so exhausted I'm pretty much useless, and have a whole lot of time to...well, sit and do nothing. 

Glad to hear you are all feeling better!  I'm 9w5d today and the last few days I have had waves of nausea instead of constant debilitating nausea.  I even got in a small workout today.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#15 of 21 Old 05-01-2011, 05:50 AM

I started night weaning my nearly 16 month old.  I just couldn't take the constant waking and nipple pain anymore.  It's been four days of no night nursing and I'm shocked at how easy it has gone.  He doesn't cry or fuss for nursing and is content to snuggle.  I wish I'd done it sooner!  But he does take a lot longer to go back to sleep, which is hard.  My nipple pain is MUCH reduced.  I'm not sure if it's the nice break they're getting at night or if its b/c my milk supply is much better in the morning now.  Either way, I'm happy about that.

Anyone else considering night weaning or full weaning of their toddler during this pregnancy?

#16 of 21 Old 05-01-2011, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I plan on night weaning my toddler sometime before the new baby comes.  I don't think that I'll be able to handle 2 babies that nurse at night!  Luckily I haven't have much nipple pain, but I am tired and wish that I didn't have to wake up so much..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

I started night weaning my nearly 16 month old.  I just couldn't take the constant waking and nipple pain anymore.  It's been four days of no night nursing and I'm shocked at how easy it has gone.  He doesn't cry or fuss for nursing and is content to snuggle.  I wish I'd done it sooner!  But he does take a lot longer to go back to sleep, which is hard.  My nipple pain is MUCH reduced.  I'm not sure if it's the nice break they're getting at night or if its b/c my milk supply is much better in the morning now.  Either way, I'm happy about that.

Anyone else considering night weaning or full weaning of their toddler during this pregnancy?

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#17 of 21 Old 05-01-2011, 02:45 PM

Night weaning saved our nursing relationship. My DD was a frequent waker. It got so bad when I went back to school in Setember and she was at daycare, so she was making up for the lack of daytime nursing with nursing all. night. long.

I am hoping to continue nursing her until she makes the decision to stop, but I can't be an all-night pacifier and it was affecting our lives- she was crabby, I was crabby, and when I'm crabby, everyone around me gets crabby.

What we ended up doing was adding on a twin-sized Ikea Malm frame onto our existing queen, sidecarred together with bungee cords. I sleep on the twin, DH sleeps next to me on the queen, and DD sleeps between DH and the wall. I would say she is sleeping through the night about 60-70% of the time. Out of the remaining 30- 40%, half the time she can be cuddled back to sleep, and the remaining times, DH gets up and rocks her back to sleep. I am SO fortunate to have him.

I am hoping to tandem nurse, and I imagine we will end up doing so. DD has no interest in quitting the boob.

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#18 of 21 Old 05-01-2011, 03:06 PM

Hi there, I'm late joining the party.

I'm due November 8 (ok, I typed 7 about 3 times before I got it right, maybe it's a sign?) Expecting my third, I got lucky on my 4th try with frozen donor semen.  DP is also TTC now.

There just isn't much interesting going on with me yet.  I had smell sensitivity for a couple of weeks but now life is good.  I can feel my fundus but don't have a decent tape measure to measure it.  I feel occasional flutters.  The kids are excited.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#19 of 21 Old 05-01-2011, 07:26 PM

#20 of 21 Old 05-02-2011, 07:10 AM

MBA: My last appointment was 10 wks 2 days and we heard the heart beat with the doppler. It took a while to find it, but we finally did. She said it'll be easier to find from now on. Hopefully you get to hear!

I go again next week, I'll be 14 wks 2 days then we'll schedule the anatomy scan sonogram. I might be able to find out the gender before then though. My SIL is an ob nurse and wants me to come see her at work this weekend. She can get a peek between the legs with their sonogram machine. I'd be a day shy of 14 weeks, so it's possible to see but it is still a little early. She seems to think as long as the baby cooperates she should have no problem seeing what it is. I haven't decided if I'm going to do it or not. 

#21 of 21 Old 05-02-2011, 07:23 AM

Yes, it is May!  We should start a new thread!  Nicole do you want to start it and update the list or do you mind if someone else does it?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page