Anyone else having birth dreams already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-01-2011, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, I don't know that it was a dream, more like a half-daydream, half-dream when I was in space between being awake and falling asleep.

Anyway, my last two births were waterbirths (we even bought the same style tub as our old house had for the new house when I got pg!), and I labored in the tub at the hospital until Dh and the nurse carried me out of the tub in transition with my first birth. So, I'm a big water birther. I don't think its better, I don't find it particularly spiritual like some do, I don't know what attracts me to it. I love water, but am not a big bath person, so sitting in a tub of water to birth just sounds weird to me, even though I do it. LOL

I'm also VERY big into catching my own babies. I didn't realize it was a possibility with my first (and was set on natural birth, but other than that was very compliant with the hospital policies), but I did catch the younger two. Even when Dh wanted to catch Lucy, our youngest. There's something about me being the first to touch this life I've grown and nourished for nine months. Its a primal need that I can't describe, but would go to the ends of the Earth to protect in the moment.

So it threw me for a loop when I envisioned this birth being a land birth with me squatting on a birth stool and DH catching. So much, in fact, that it woke me up thinking "Where did THAT come from?!?!?"

Anyone else having birth dreams yet? I'm excited, the only other birth I had dreams with it happened exactly as in my dreams, even though our plan was for it to go differently...

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#2 of 6 Old 04-01-2011, 02:27 PM

I dreamed I had a very peaceful birth, but did not remember the actual pushing and seeing baby part, so had to ask dp. Turns out I did have the baby, and I was confused because it was so early. I was disappointed that I bought/acquired all this maternity stuff, but did not get to use it or properly prepare. My baby was a boy that was ugly and had bad teeth.

Rachel, massage therapist and single mom :to Keanu 7/29/04 and Juniper 11/18/11!  Lovingfemalesling.GIFcd.gifnamaste.giflactivist.gifgd.giffambedsingle1.gif

#3 of 6 Old 04-01-2011, 03:32 PM

I haven't had any birth dreams, but I have started having the vivid/crazy pregnancy dreams (that are sometimes, ahem, erotic in nature). Also, two days before we found out we were expecting, I woke up started half to death because I *knew* someone was in the room with me - hovering next to my side. I jumped out of bed, tore out of the room and practically shouted to DH "there's SOMEONE IN THE ROOM!!," frightening him as well (btw, Kieran was still asleep in there, blissfully unawar of my freak-out). We went and looked, and I said "well, it must have been a ghost. It was *there*." Maybe it was just baby's way of introducing himself ;)

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#4 of 6 Old 04-01-2011, 04:31 PM

This will be my first baby, and every night I dream that I don't think I look pregnant, but end up somehow catching a glimpse of myself in a mirror and being shocked because I am ready to pop.  

I also had a dream that I was apologizing to a friend because I felt so guilty that we got pregnant (after 2.5 years of trying) bc she and her husband have been trying for over 6. 

Rachel (39) married to DH (47), expecting our first in November 2011 after 2+ years of trying!  Living happily with 2cat.gifs and a dog2.gif!
***4****8***1sttri.gif***16***20***24***28***32***36***4

#5 of 6 Old 04-01-2011, 05:02 PM

I haven't had any birthing dreams, but I have had very vivid dreams. Last night I was in Paris, but freaked out when I finally got to the Eiffel tower because the elevator to the top was something like a freak ride from coaster park. I've just noticed that I'm dreaming alot more than I usually do. This is our first, so I don't have any prior experiences with birth, but I know I'm nervous about it, so I'm waiting for those dreams to start soon. 

Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com
#6 of 6 Old 04-01-2011, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My whole fifth week I dreamed about having my baby at home in the water each night. Nothing since then. I hope it happens just like my dreams!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page