Pregnancy Glow = Disgusting Grease Face - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-07-2011, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok...I know I should be happy that I have not had morning sickness yet. I'm 6w1d, but this greasy face is driving me crazy. I normally wear makeup, but there is just no point as it just seems to seep into my eyes by mid-morning, which burns like crazy. I have been trying to at least wipe off my face with water whenever I go to the bathroom, but it still doesn't seem to help all the way. Other than the lack of MS, my belly is already getting huge so nothing fits and my gross greasy face just looks terrible. I can't sleep and am so tired, which everyone comments on because I'm not wearing makeup and my boobs are freaking enormous. My DH uses the term "pregnancy glow" and I just think "disgusting grease face". LOL However, despite it all I'm extra happy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 04-07-2011, 02:36 PM

For your face, I think maybe the blotting sheets (Clean & Clear Brand) or the fresh-face wipes (ponds brand) might work well. Probably just baby wipes would work too.

I also found that I could not use my normal makeup during pregnancy. Or my normal hair conditioner, too greasy. Or my normal deodorant, too wimpy! 

#3 of 10 Old 04-07-2011, 04:00 PM

I'm not so much greasy as I am pepperoni faced. :/ My skin had just evened out from the last pregnancy too. :( I get mega sensitive and have to switch everything I use, quite annoying.

~Sarah

treehugger.gif  trekkie.gifcat.gifcarrot.gif
Mom to Vala ribboncesarean.gif 5/09, Anya hbac.gif 11/11, & one on the way 12/13

Check out my blog- http://healingcesareanscars.blogspot.com/

#4 of 10 Old 04-07-2011, 05:07 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Have you tried rice paper sheets?  I think it's a Japanese thing- they make them in little packages that you can put in your purse.  Just wipe it on your face and it picks up the grease.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#5 of 10 Old 04-08-2011, 10:07 AM

My face was a complete mess for my entire pregnancy when I was pregnant with DS. I usually break out really bad the week before my period and then it clears up the week after. This time I broke out the week before I would have had my period and now it's cleared up. I'm really hoping my face stays clear this time around. I don't wear makeup but I was still working during my last pregnancy so I bought some natural/organic stuff and it worked ok for covering some of it. I also use Aubry Organics face wash for oily skin and it is amazing- I double checked all the ingredients and they are safe for pregnancy. 

Dirt worshiping, creatress Mama to Rowan and Alden - home birth loving, no circ, no vax, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering, baby wearing, cosleeping

#6 of 10 Old 04-12-2011, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)

I know what you mean! 

Just FYI, my skin looked great with my son and horrible with my daughter.  I've always heard the old wives' tale that a daughter "steals your beauty." 

Well, this time my skin looks horrible again, so we'll see....

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#7 of 10 Old 04-14-2011, 03:17 PM

With DD, I had the "glow". People always commented on it. This time, I have disgusting, cystic acne, all over my cheeks, chin and nose. PLUS I've been "blessed" with chloasma this time around. I look positively awful :(

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#8 of 10 Old 04-17-2011, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

My skin is throwing me for a loop, too. While hormones are certainly the reason behind the upheaval, I've found that drinking lots and lots of water helps me. Also, I make sure I go to bed with clean hair/face and I change my pillowcase frequently. 

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#9 of 10 Old 04-17-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykittymomma View Post

I'm not so much greasy as I am pepperoni faced. :/ My skin had just evened out from the last pregnancy too. :( I get mega sensitive and have to switch everything I use, quite annoying.

Great, now I want pizza!

#10 of 10 Old 04-22-2011, 04:04 PM

Have you tried using the basq product called "Rebalancing Facial Cleanser"? It is awesome. basq is a pregnancy skincare line. They have all different items but my favorite is the facial cleanser. It uses Oak Root Extract to keep away blemishes and Ylang Ylang to balance your skin. It is great! I used it with my 2nd pregnancy, in between and now with my third. You can find it at Destination Maternity, Pea in the Pods...etc. Or you can just go to their website basqnyc.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page