Suggestions for upper respiratory infection? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-18-2011, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Just as my all-day nausea was starting to wane (now that I am 12 weeks), and only be after-5-pm-nausea, I got hit hard with a cold.  This is probably sicker than I have ever been with a cold.  After throwing up at work for 6 weeks i finally had to call out sick today because I was throwing up plus dead with the cold.  It's not pneumonia, or the flu, or anything dramatic.  But I am sick of being sick!  I haven't felt well for a single day in 6 weeks!  I was just starting to get hopeful!  I would love any suggestions about helping my immune system to kick this thing. 

Sorry for the whining but I can't help myself.

#2 of 3 Old 04-18-2011, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think the best way of dealing with the holistically is at the onset of symptoms. I usually take aconite 12 (homeopathy) for colds, you can also try EmergenC, and raw garlic and honey shooters. All work best at the very beginning of a cold. Hope you feel better soon.

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#3 of 3 Old 04-19-2011, 04:48 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I make liberal use of the neti pot to keep the congestion under control and prevent a sinus infection.  Also mega doses of vitamin C.  I take it in powder form (sodium or calcium ascorbate) and mix with juice.  You can take 10 grams a day, but I would recommend starting lower and working your way up.  Too much for your system causes diarrhea.  So sorry you're dealing with this on top of m/s!  I had a cold for a week when I was 6-7 weeks and it was awful.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page