-- - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Reply
 
Thread Tools
#31 of 43 Old 05-18-2011, 12:49 PM
 
Ablemec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We've had our names picked out for a while.  If it's a boy, it will be Agustin.  He'd be the 7th, and it comes from my husband's Chilean family, so we'd likely call him Timo (short for Septimo, or 7th).  If it's a girl, we're likely going with my Irish heritage and naming her Caileigh (pronounced Kaylee), though Isabel is a favorite of both of ours and if we don't use it for the first girl, it will be the second girl (assuming we have two girls).

Ablemec is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#32 of 43 Old 05-18-2011, 01:04 PM
 
Jaimee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Posts: 7,465
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We're in a bit of a pickle with names because of a pattern we didn't mean to start- it just happened.  Name for us need to mean something to us- not just the meaning of the name itself, but that the name was from something with meaning.  Our first is Avalon Saria.  Our second is Austin Winter.  Avalon came from, well, a lot of things, but namely the book The Mists of Avalon, which I LOVE and my dh was reading while I was pregnant with her.  Austin comes from the city of Austin, TX where we lived for several years, conceived him, and really came to be the parents we are now.  You might notice that their first names not only both begin with "A" but they also both end in "N" and have 6 letters.  This was totally not intentional.  Now what in the world do we do for number three?  We could break the pattern, but that just seems mean to poor number three.  Like, why is his/her name different?  Or we could rack our brains for all the 6 lettered A names that end in N.  Or we could just break the ending in N pattern or the 6 letter pattern and focus on finding an A name.  So far we've come up with:

 

Autumn

 

Yes, that's it.  We love that name, so it's a great choice, especially since the baby will be born in Autumn.  But, what if it's a boy?  We don't plan on finding out, so we have to come up with a boy and girl name.  Any thoughts????


Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Jaimee is offline  
#33 of 43 Old 05-18-2011, 01:19 PM
 
Ablemec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

 

Yes, that's it.  We love that name, so it's a great choice, especially since the baby will be born in Autumn.  But, what if it's a boy?  We don't plan on finding out, so we have to come up with a boy and girl name.  Any thoughts????


What about Ashton or Adrian? 

Ablemec is offline  
#34 of 43 Old 05-18-2011, 01:25 PM
 
Abraisme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4,444
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

If this makes you feel better.. My DS (although adopted by my husband is from a previous relationship) is named Cyan (a shade of blue) and my DD is named Olivine (a green gemstone).  I have a color theme.  However, my husbands first-born son HAS to be named John Edmund Cook.  Our son will be the 9th generation (if we're having a boy) of this naming tradition in his family.  I will have 2 unusually named children and 1 with one of the top 10 most common names ever.  :)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

We're in a bit of a pickle with names because of a pattern we didn't mean to start- it just happened.  Name for us need to mean something to us- not just the meaning of the name itself, but that the name was from something with meaning.  Our first is Avalon Saria.  Our second is Austin Winter.  Avalon came from, well, a lot of things, but namely the book The Mists of Avalon, which I LOVE and my dh was reading while I was pregnant with her.  Austin comes from the city of Austin, TX where we lived for several years, conceived him, and really came to be the parents we are now.  You might notice that their first names not only both begin with "A" but they also both end in "N" and have 6 letters.  This was totally not intentional.  Now what in the world do we do for number three?  We could break the pattern, but that just seems mean to poor number three.  Like, why is his/her name different?  Or we could rack our brains for all the 6 lettered A names that end in N.  Or we could just break the ending in N pattern or the 6 letter pattern and focus on finding an A name.  So far we've come up with:

 

Autumn

 

Yes, that's it.  We love that name, so it's a great choice, especially since the baby will be born in Autumn.  But, what if it's a boy?  We don't plan on finding out, so we have to come up with a boy and girl name.  Any thoughts????



 


Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
Abraisme is online now  
#35 of 43 Old 05-19-2011, 06:14 AM
 
Jaimee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Posts: 7,465
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablemec View Post


What about Ashton or Adrian? 

Thank you!  Great ideas!  I had actually thought of Ashton, but didn't really care for the whole Ashton Kutcher comparison.  Adrian?  I'll have to sit on that one...  Okay, starting a list!
 

 


Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Jaimee is offline  
#36 of 43 Old 05-19-2011, 09:02 AM
 
AprilGlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mpls,MN
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was stressed about the name and then had a wonderful dream in which somebody gave me a name. Its a name I never considered at all not even once but now I love it. The problem is its a girl name, what if its a boy? I'll be so confused!


mama to Fox Elijah 10/20/10-10/27/10 candle.gif and Raven Audrey 11/13/11

AprilGlynn is offline  
#37 of 43 Old 05-19-2011, 12:29 PM
 
Mal85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilGlynn View Post

I was stressed about the name and then had a wonderful dream in which somebody gave me a name. Its a name I never considered at all not even once but now I love it. The problem is its a girl name, what if its a boy? I'll be so confused!


When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had a dream that I had given birth, at home, to a baby boy. And when he came out, DH and I both looked at him and said "Oh, it's Israel!" as if we'd known him all along. It was so vivid, even though at that point I already knew I was having a girl. Too bad DH really doesn't like that name in real life, I tried to push for it.

 


Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

Mal85 is offline  
#38 of 43 Old 05-20-2011, 06:42 AM
 
Eternal_Howl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If it's a girl, I'm naming her after my grandmother.

But instead of being Mary Elizabeth she will be Maya Elizabeth.

 

If it's a boy, hubby is naming him.

Legion Dominion (still coming to grips with this one, but he had no issue with me naming a girl the name I chose). I have jokingly looked at LeJohn instead, but it would be a rather STRONG name.


Meeting my daughter somewhere between 21st - 27th November 2011

Eternal_Howl is offline  
#39 of 43 Old 05-20-2011, 12:00 PM
 
jbk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,249
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Boy: Oliver Lynn (lynn is my recently-deceased father's middle name, and Owen is my first son's name.  I love the sound of Owen and Oliver)

Girl:  Emilia Lynn

jbk21 is offline  
#40 of 43 Old 06-15-2011, 10:00 AM
 
AprilGlynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mpls,MN
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It is a girl!


mama to Fox Elijah 10/20/10-10/27/10 candle.gif and Raven Audrey 11/13/11

AprilGlynn is offline  
#41 of 43 Old 06-16-2011, 09:04 PM
 
meb2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I really love all of your names. :) They're all so cute. DP is a III, so we're continuing the trend and naming baby Bryant IV. :) I normally don't like junior names or III, but since IVs are so rare - I feel like we should keep it going. And I do love the name Bryant. The unfortunate part is that there's no middle name to be carried along with it, so we're just going to have two Bryants... 

 

 

I really like all of the E names for both boys and girls. And whoever said Coraline - I just think that is the most precious girls name :)


Morgan. Single mama to DS (10/27/11) fambedsingle1.gif bfinfant.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF

 

www.facebook.com/gnomegrowncreations

meb2 is offline  
#42 of 43 Old 06-17-2011, 07:28 AM
 
cwtmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Tristan is a good uni sex name. But for a feminine girls name:

Olivia Jeanette :)

and it sounds good with Jones, I think...

Olivia Jeanette Jones!

cwtmommy is offline  
#43 of 43 Old 06-17-2011, 08:33 AM
 
dashley111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,796
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post

If this makes you feel better.. My DS (although adopted by my husband is from a previous relationship) is named Cyan (a shade of blue) and my DD is named Olivine (a green gemstone).  I have a color theme.  However, my husbands first-born son HAS to be named John Edmund Cook.  Our son will be the 9th generation (if we're having a boy) of this naming tradition in his family.  I will have 2 unusually named children and 1 with one of the top 10 most common names ever.  :)
 



 

 

 

Ive been having a struggle with this lately!  My first sons name is Phoenix- he was a fighting premie, and has bright red hair.  Its perfect for him.  But my 2 daughters will have old fashioned, common names...the mix seems strange.  I dont feel like we need a theme or anything, just some common ground I guess.
 

 


 
 
Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

dashley111 is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off