Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

--

#2 of 43 Old 04-18-2011, 04:35 PM

We have ours picked out, but I'm not 100% on the boys name (husband is LOVE with it though).

Boy- Zarek David. Zarek is a take on Sarek, who is Spock's father in Star Trek and David is my FIL's name and my DH's middle name (I only don't like it b/c it sounds like 'Eric' which is the name of the sOB that butchered me during my daughter's birth). It would mean something like "protector and gift". Other boy names we liked were Seth and Gavin. I also like Ezri, Jean Luc and Zeddicus but I don't think I have the balls. ;)

Girl- Anya Kathryn. (Anya from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Kathryn as in Janeway from Star Trek...can you tell we're trekkies? lol). This name would mean "pure grace". I also really liked Morgana for the middle name, but he vetoed it.

My DD's name is Vala Jadzia (from Stargate and Star Trek). Her name means "chosen warrior".

~Sarah

treehugger.gif  trekkie.gifcat.gifcarrot.gif
Mom to Vala ribboncesarean.gif 5/09, Anya hbac.gif 11/11, & one on the way 12/13

Check out my blog- http://healingcesareanscars.blogspot.com/

#3 of 43 Old 04-18-2011, 05:15 PM

I need some boy name suggestions too! I have three sons already and we used up all our favorites! 

Maverick - for a girl I LOVE Violet. Our last name is kind of cumbersome so Violet sounds clunky with it, but with Jones I think it works well! Norah Jones is a famous singer, so I'd stay away from that one. What about Adeline (ad-a-line) - I've always loved that one. For a boy, I like Everett a lot. 

#4 of 43 Old 04-18-2011, 07:30 PM

For a boy, I really like Alistair, middle name.. undetermined

I can't think of a girl's name. I can't think of one single name that I love as much as DD's name, Lyra (lee-ra) June

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#5 of 43 Old 04-19-2011, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

If we have a boy the name will be John Edmund Cook V, so we have to stick with that.  :)  It'll be an odd name in my family since my children and I all have unusual names..

We already have a color theme going, so if we have a girl her name will be a color of some sort..

Coral

Violet (this one seems to be popular now though)

Gray

Scarlett (this one is also popular)

Hazel

Etc.

I really like the name Everleigh for a girl, but it's not a color..  Also, to the OP, Avah(Ava) is a VERY popular name right now (it's in the top 10).

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#6 of 43 Old 04-19-2011, 07:37 AM

Oh heaven's no, we're so far from picking out names it looks like this baby may just go nameless.

DH only likes one name: Jack. He won't discuss girl names. He has no ideas other than Jack. I don't like Jack much. It's okay, but it's really popular and.... it's just... Jack. There's no character to it. (no offense to anyone who has used it)

I have a list of some names I like, but I don't love any of them. 

My girl names so far are:

Piper

Isla

Gretta

Shiloh

Boy names so far are:
Declan (probably my favorite so far)

Jonas

Callum

Dexter

Asa (my other favorite)

Milo

Ephraim

Alden

DH doesn't like any of them.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#7 of 43 Old 04-19-2011, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We have one name still picked out that i liked more than DH, we had it picked with our loss.  Also with our other kids the only name we could agree on ended up being the gender we had.  I will probably share the name when we find out the gender or maybe wait til baby is born to share it.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#8 of 43 Old 04-19-2011, 01:28 PM

Are we the only ones who picked out our childrens names LONG before they were even conceived?  We are going with either Max, or Betty Grey.  I really liked the name Ryker but my husband wouldn't name our child it because of some show like Star-something-movie-or-another and he wouldn't want our child being called #2...I have absolutely no idea what that means, but he insists.  Betty is after my grandmother, who passed away a few years ago.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#9 of 43 Old 04-19-2011, 04:25 PM

#10 of 43 Old 04-19-2011, 04:27 PM

#11 of 43 Old 04-19-2011, 04:55 PM

I really like almost all of the names on your list.  Coraline and Violet are names that my husband told me to put on our list.

Here are some names we are thinking about:

Ivy

Aspen

Cedar

Sapphire

Cora

Willow

Silas

Lynnea

Michelle - Mama to Sage treehugger.gif, Skye modifiedartist.gif and Stormbfinfant.gif11/15/11

winner.jpgcd.gif  nocirc.gif   2vbac.gif femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif goorganic.jpg

#12 of 43 Old 04-19-2011, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashley111 View Post

Are we the only ones who picked out our childrens names LONG before they were even conceived?  We are going with either Max, or Betty Grey.  I really liked the name Ryker but my husband wouldn't name our child it because of some show like Star-something-movie-or-another and he wouldn't want our child being called #2...I have absolutely no idea what that means, but he insists.  Betty is after my grandmother, who passed away a few years ago.

We picked my son's name because we liked it, after he was born i've had people ask if i named him after start trek or a prison in new york. I didn't know about either before choosing his name.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#13 of 43 Old 04-19-2011, 07:42 PM

I LOVE the name Ryker, and I don't associate it with ANY of those things...but you know, everybody has something to say I guess.  My oldest is named Phoenix, so people are constantly asking me inane questions like "Did you name him Phoenix because that's where he was conceived?  Har har."  The answer is an obvious no, but people just don't think before they speak.

Next time say, yes, you named him after the prison because its where your husband was when you met him through a prison pen pal program.  thumb.gif

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#14 of 43 Old 04-20-2011, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

--

#15 of 43 Old 04-20-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick061106 View Post

I love Willow and Silas... both vetoed by DP :(

Silas was always my favorite boy name. DH hates it and said he'd never agree to it. So, my friend asked me if she could use the name when she had a baby boy last year. At least now I get to know a little boy named Silas!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#16 of 43 Old 04-20-2011, 07:19 PM

I love the name Jack..

And no, we picked our names out years ago.. I have the name list in a frame from a road trip we took and listed all the names we loved. We waited to meet our last to give him a name off the list, waited so long that the lady was pretty much standing in the room and tapping her foot because we were supposed to be checking out of the hospital. We ended up with Jack Dillon but he's better known as Jackie..

This baby is Charlie either way.. Charles Finnegan or Finley Charlize.. The Finn is after our dear friend's son who lost his battle with CF. I also lost my brother to CF and our twelve year old has it as well so it's close to our hearts. I'd like to wait again but since John won't be here until the baby is a couple months old we are picking ahead of time.

#17 of 43 Old 04-20-2011, 07:19 PM

Also, for the record lol I almost didn't use Jack because it had become so popular by the time we had him but he looked like such a Jackie there was no avoiding it..

#18 of 43 Old 04-20-2011, 10:06 PM

We had a list of names made up and I have edited & added to it.  This is one thing I keep thinking of but know we probably won't make a decision until after the birth. Somehow I think it might be easier to name the little one this time since we have named one already, but then again it might be harder because I will have more names I love and can't decide which one.

We have some "cute" criteria for a name, but we aren't trapped by it either, if we find a name that just fits better, we will go with it. Our son has the same initials as myself and his two grandfathers. We could keep that up (B), or honor dp's intials. He and his siblings have the hard C/K sound and very irish names.  We have a few boy names and quite a few girl names that don't fit this pattern that we are open to. We named our first because it seemed to fit the best not to be the same as members of the family, but it was nice to also be able to honor both grandfathers.

These are the ones currently at the top of my list .....

Basil (Baz)

Birch

Coda

Cole

Cael

Kai

Koa

Bria(h)

Bettina

Cordelia (Coco)

Corrigan (Coco)

Clementine

Cliona

--------------------

Anjali

Arabelle

Ayla

Echo

Ginger

Guinnevere

Ila

Isolde

Lyra

Orra

Orchid

Phaedra (Fay)

Pearl(a)

Spring (too weird when born in fall?)

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

#19 of 43 Old 04-28-2011, 12:28 PM

When my DD was born we had only ONE name that my DH and I both liked. Isabel...pronounced (ee suh bel). We call her Isa (ee suh). It is a good thing she was a girl. DH and I have NEVER agreed on a boy's name. Our list of semi-acceptable names includes:

Boy - Grey, Anden, Lorant

Girl - Hadley, Kensington

We just happen to have one of those crazy last names with one vowel that goes with everything and nothing at the same time. Although, I did hear some great names on this thread that I will have to bring to my DH attention.

#20 of 43 Old 04-28-2011, 01:18 PM

Here are the names I like (many have not been approved by DH yet ROTFLMAO.gif)

Boys:

Jasper

Hudson

Finnley

Girls:

Bailey

Addelyn

~Ashley~ Happily married to my high school sweetheart. Lucky to be a SAHM to M 1/07, M 5/08 & J 12/09 with someone new coming late fall. I'm a homebirthing, intactivist, extended breastfeeding, baby wearing, anti vaccines, cloth diapering, bed sharing kind of mommy.

#21 of 43 Old 04-28-2011, 06:01 PM

My dp is sooooo easy going about names. I've pretty much picked ours. The girl name is Lena (Lee-nah). For a boy, I like Jude.

I have a question: what do you guys think about using a sorta "recycled" name? Jude was the name I had picked out for a boy 7 years ago when I was pregnant. Baby was a girl, so no Jude. I love the name so much, I've thought of using it for a girl even!

My issue: I was not with dp then. I was with my xh. I picked the name and xh agreed... it was "my" name, if that makes sense. But I feel a little weird using it now. I honestly think the thing that is bothering me is that it might hurt xh. Maybe he might feel like that was the baby *we* were supposed to have or something. I have no basis for this at all! I just have zero ill-will towards him and wouldn't want to be rude.

Any thoughts? I don't know if I'm being silly or not! Dp thinks using the name this time is fine.

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#22 of 43 Old 04-28-2011, 07:27 PM

When my sister was pregnant with her second baby, she asked her xh if he would be okay with her using the boy name they had picked out when they had their daughter together. And they weren't even on good terms, but she said she wouldn't feel okay using it if it would make him uncomfortable. He was fine with it and she didn't end up using it, but it was in the running until the very end of her pregnancy. I thought it was nice of her to run it by him, even if they weren't getting along at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkToMeNow View Post

My dp is sooooo easy going about names. I've pretty much picked ours. The girl name is Lena (Lee-nah). For a boy, I like Jude.

I have a question: what do you guys think about using a sorta "recycled" name? Jude was the name I had picked out for a boy 7 years ago when I was pregnant. Baby was a girl, so no Jude. I love the name so much, I've thought of using it for a girl even!

My issue: I was not with dp then. I was with my xh. I picked the name and xh agreed... it was "my" name, if that makes sense. But I feel a little weird using it now. I honestly think the thing that is bothering me is that it might hurt xh. Maybe he might feel like that was the baby *we* were supposed to have or something. I have no basis for this at all! I just have zero ill-will towards him and wouldn't want to be rude.

Any thoughts? I don't know if I'm being silly or not! Dp thinks using the name this time is fine.

I've been having such a time with names. I like to get names picked out early, but DH likes to wait until we know the gender so he only has to worry about one name instead of two. Which makes sense, but I like to plan ahead. DH doesn't like anything I throw out there, so I told him he just may have to withdraw his input on the matter if he says no to everything. winky.gif However, I'm having a hard time falling in love with any name.

My top-runners right now are Declan William (has to be William, family name) and Piper. I'm not sure on a middle name for a girl. DH thinks Piper is okay, but isn't absolutely sure on it. The jury is still out on Declan.

#23 of 43 Old 05-04-2011, 02:23 PM

Declan is a great name!  It's my son's name.  It was an easy choice for us - it's always been my favorite boy name, it's Irish (as am I), and my partner liked it immediately.  I'll say that some of the nicknames we've come up with have surprised me!  His most common nickname is just "Dec".  Quite a few people call him Dec Dec!  On the way home from the hospital with him a year ago, the nickname Dexter came out of my mouth - would never have imagined using that but it has stuck.  We also call him Decker, Deckaroo, and Decaroni!  Oh, and Decko.  And his cousins call him Dex.

I always just assumed he would be Declan and that's it.  But we have about 6-7 other names for him.

Due with #2 and totally stuck on names this time.  We decided against our girl name from the first time around and we never really had another boy name we liked as much as Declan.  I'm shooting for Patrick but can't get agreement on that one!

#24 of 43 Old 05-05-2011, 12:40 AM

We will name a boy Zane Kelton (Kelton is DH's name). A girl, well, it'd be great for this to be a boy, lol! We aren't keen on too many girl names, and the 3 we have left us pretty slim pickings!

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
#25 of 43 Old 05-05-2011, 07:20 AM

If it's a boy, he'll be Ray Jr.

If it's a girl, she'll be Vera Autumn

#26 of 43 Old 05-16-2011, 05:53 PM

I'm partial to unisex names.  DS is Sage.  I've always liked the name Morgan for either a boy or a girl.  And on another thread someone mentioned that they thought it would be really cool to name a girl Elliot.  I think that would be awesome, but DH is not so crazy about the name, even for a boy.

DH likes Charlotte for a girl, but I don't like the options for nicknames ("Char," "Lottie")

DS thinks we are going to name the baby Gleech (after a Mii character he created).

We won't actually pick a name until the little one is born.  We'll come up with a short list that we won't share with anyone, though.  Sage wasn't named until he was a day and a half old.

#27 of 43 Old 05-16-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viriditas View Post

I'm partial to unisex names.  DS is Sage.  I've always liked the name Morgan for either a boy or a girl.  And on another thread someone mentioned that they thought it would be really cool to name a girl Elliot.  I think that would be awesome, but DH is not so crazy about the name, even for a boy.

DH likes Charlotte for a girl, but I don't like the options for nicknames ("Char," "Lottie")

DS thinks we are going to name the baby Gleech (after a Mii character he created).

We won't actually pick a name until the little one is born.  We'll come up with a short list that we won't share with anyone, though.  Sage wasn't named until he was a day and a half old.

What is "Mii"?

#28 of 43 Old 05-16-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viriditas View Post

What about Charlie? I think that would be a sweet nicname for a wee girl.

#29 of 43 Old 05-16-2011, 09:32 PM

I really like Ezra. (even more for a girl than a boy I think). 

#30 of 43 Old 05-17-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwannaB anRN View Post

What is "Mii"?

Mii's are the characters you create to play games on the Nintendo Wii system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangranola View Post

What about Charlie? I think that would be a sweet nicname for a wee girl.

Okay, that is reallly cute. :)  I might have to re-think Charlotte!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page