Bleeding/spotting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-22-2011, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I haven't been really posting much the last few weeks because for the last few weeks I've been cramping and bleeding or spotting almost daily and before that I was having lots of severe cramping. I've been pretty sure I was going to lose this little one almost the whole pregnancy but yesterday I got to see my little wiggle-worm squirming around and looking as perfect as could be and I think it just might stick! Hearing the heartbeat was so reassuring. Then today, right on schedule I had bright red bleeding. *sigh* I guess that's just how things are going to be this pregnancy. I have a subchorionic hematoma pretty close to the cervix so all of my bleeding has been red/pink and can be really alarming but apparently at this point I have a pretty good chance of keeping this kid. Anyone else dealing with this?

#2 of 4 Old 04-22-2011, 10:40 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congrats on seeing the baby and hearing the heart beat!!  That must have been such a relief.  I don't have experience with SCH, but I know there have been a few threads on this in the I'm Pregnant forum fairly recently.  Good luck and sending sticky vibes your way!  goodvibes.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 4 Old 04-22-2011, 11:12 AM

I had a similar SCH with DD and bled bright red on and off from about 6 weeks to about 13. It is so scary and stressful, and frustrating that all you can really do is "take it easy" and hope for the best. Glad you got reassurance! We rented a doppler at about 10 weeks and used that for a while for reassurance. The good news is that most SCH's resolve on their own eventually and then pose no more risk. The rest of DD's pregnancy and delivery were textbook easy and all natural. Hope yours goes away soon!

Megan, wife to K, mama to C lady.gif (9/07), brokenheart.gif(4/10) brokenheart.gif(11/10)

And our rainbow is here! E babyboy.gif 10/11

#4 of 4 Old 04-22-2011, 02:28 PM

I have a SCH with this pregnancy, up high.  They noticed it at my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and told me to expect to bleed, but I have not at all.  At my check up this week they said it actually looked like some of the blood pooling in there had reabsorbed.  I also had one with my last pregnancy, and it was right behind the placenta- that one was much scarier.  With this pregnancy it didn't even freak me out, since I knew that successful  pregnancy was completely possible with a SCH.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page