SPD already!?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-25-2011, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have had SPD/pelvic girdle pain with each of my pregnancies. It started at 34 weeks with the first, 18 with the second, 14 with the third. This time? I'm 9 weeks and have had symptoms for about two weeks!! Not the burning, ripping feeling in between the pubic bones, but lots of grinding and clicking in all of the pelvic bones, but especially at the pubic symphisis. Not fun. And the area randomly feels achy and almost numb. My chiropractor is amazing, but not good with SPD. I think once my medicaid is in place I'm finding one that specializes in it. Because OW! Anybody else having this issue, or dealt with it in the past? I plan on getting a scarf or rebozo to start using soon.

Deni. I'm the liberal, Jesus-loving, hippie freak your mama warned you about. Expecting a cinco surprise, spring 2014!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 04:05 AM

It's funny, just tonight I was googling to see if pelvic girdle pain was indeed possible this early. I'm 9 weeks - 10 on Wednesday, and I've had the pain right where my hip meets my leg, down in the pelvic joint for at least a week. I had it with my first around 32+ weeks, but this (my second) seems just ridiculous! Google did tell me that it can begin as early as the first trimester, but I'm glad to see another human being posting about it because I was starting to wonder if I was crazy!

Gluten and dairy allergic mama to DS1 luxlove.gif (08/08) homebirth.jpg, DS2 babyboy.gif (11/11) homebirth.jpgand unintentional uc.jpg , wife to DHwild.gif, and grad school student.   lactivist.gif  fly-by-nursing2.gif novaxnocirc.gif

Old 04-26-2011, 05:19 AM

Me too - last pregnancy I felt it from about 11 weeks but I didn't know what it was.  I thought I had a groin strain, as I was still running.  It went off in the 2nd trimester but got worse in the 3rd.  Fortunately it never got too bad, and I could still walk short distances at the end.  I do feel for you ladies who have to put up with the pain and lack of movement.  It is so common, yet seems so poorly understood and treated by the medical establishment.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:39 PM

I just posted about this in the I'm pregnant folder - I'm 11 weeks, and have been having clicking and ocassional pain at the pubic syphis, my lower back, and just general discomfort.  My DH thought I was nuts since, hey, doesn't relaxin only kick in towards the end? nope, dear, apparently it peaks around 12 weeks.  who knew.  walking and steps are generally okay.  it's mostly when I spread my legs( riding our ATV,  getting out of the car, or chairs) or sit unevenly (legs crossed, one tucked under) that I start to notice more pain.

I'm going to my chiro on monday.  hopefully it will help, but if I find over time it doesn't I'll go see a different chiro who specializes in pregnancy and children, about 2 hours away.

Carrie

Carrie, wife to J, sahm to E, N, and A, followed by a bunch of crunchy labels and acronyms

Old 05-08-2011, 09:38 PM

I've had it since practically the beginning of my pregnancy :( It was like, "Oh, hCG! RELEASE THE RELAXIN!"

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
Old 05-08-2011, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I'm 11w5d and I've started to feel it today.  I did a decent amount of walking today and by the afternoon my pelvis was starting to get sore.  Sigh, it's starting already...

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmanitaMama View Post

It's funny, just tonight I was googling to see if pelvic girdle pain was indeed possible this early. I'm 9 weeks - 10 on Wednesday, and I've had the pain right where my hip meets my leg, down in the pelvic joint for at least a week. I had it with my first around 32+ weeks, but this (my second) seems just ridiculous! Google did tell me that it can begin as early as the first trimester, but I'm glad to see another human being posting about it because I was starting to wonder if I was crazy!

With my daughter, I got the pelvic pain in my first trimester. And it was TORTURE going to bed at night, cuz I had to climb into bed. More like crawl into bed. The grinding in the symphisis was too much. This time, I feel pretty lucky. No pain so far.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:14 PM

Yup, me too!!

With my daughter it probably started around 27 or 28 weeks......and here I am at 16 weeks well on my way to misery :(

Now that I know what it is and how to help I am going to go see my chiro soon, she helped SO much the first time.

Also, there is a thread about this right now in the Oct-11 DDC with some helpful exercise and positioning info that you might find useful!

Beth knit.gif.  wife to DH and Mama to DD1 heartbeat.gif (May 1-09) and DD2 heartbeat.gif (Nov 2-11)   

User Tag List