I need a bigger bra already! And no UNDERWIRE please! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-03-2011, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am in my 11th week of pregnancy and I already need a bigger bra! My old bras 34D were driving me crazy, the underwire especially.

I went to Pea in a Pod, Intimacy (where they were kinda rude and kept insisting a buy an underwire...oh and a $120 bra at that!), Soma Intimates and NONE of them had what I needed.

I appears I am now a 34F! The lady at Soma Intimates recommended I go for a 36F bc my ribs will expand as my belly grows.

I ended up having to order a bra online, I got the Bravado Bliss Bra...which is a nursing bra too!

I just hope my ladies don't get tooo much bigger!

For smaller chested ladies (c cup max), I recommend you try out "Simply Perfect" by Warners, available at Target...they have several nice wire free options.

Spending my days with my precious son, the greatest blessing in my life - appropriatley born on Thanksgiving day

​looking forward to when I can sleep more than a 2 or 3 hour stretch on a consistent basis!

#2 of 8 Old 05-03-2011, 06:26 AM

i heard that victoria' secret sells all-cotton, very supportive, no wire bras .... for $25!

i wish i had time to check them out ....  good luck to you

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#3 of 8 Old 05-03-2011, 09:16 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

One of my very first pregnancy symptoms is an expanding rib cage.  I typically go from a 32 to a 36 within the first tri.  For me, my cup size doesn't increase much until my milk comes in postpartum.  Sounds like you found an awesome bra... I was going to recommend Bravado.  I love my Body Silk nursing bra with removable liners.  I like the liners b/c they cover up that "fried egg" look that breast pads create!  lol.gif    It's my personal advice to not skimp on nursing bras and just get yourself a few nice ones  (maybe not $120 ones though!)- you'll get a lot of use out of them!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#4 of 8 Old 05-03-2011, 11:32 AM

I never thought I would say this, but I was so happy with my flat, insensitive, weaned breasts and I'm bummed that they're huge again!

#5 of 8 Old 05-03-2011, 06:18 PM

As a regular 34 dd/e, this is one of the things I hate most.  Sore breasts is always one of my first pregnancy indicators.  I go up to a 34f/g usually, but I've never really notice much expansion in my ribs, just my cup size.  I was all set to pick up the same nursing bra I used last time (Goddess 511) but they discontinued them!  I was all ready to settle on a Fancy-Free style until I found a site that had the old Goddess bras I wanted on clearance.  So I bought 4 of them.  lol.gif

Even when not pregnant, I tend to get my bras online from biggerbras.com.  Sometimes I have luck finding a 34 dd at Nordstrom's Rack.

#6 of 8 Old 05-05-2011, 07:33 PM

As a 36 K (!!) while nursing, I absolutely need an underwire. The discomfort of the underwire is nothing compared to having improperly supported uber-boobs. Not that I can find a K anywhere in my town, so I'm wearing an H. Sigh. I wear a Bravado nursing tank over top of my too-small bra to contain the over-pooch and to give extra support. The Anita (the nursing bra I am using, with an underwire) is really comfy though, but not 100% supportive for me. Maybe because of the size issue. But yes, it's a $120 bra. The only one that went up to an H and still fit.

Just curious about how you go about buying bras online? I have a hard time fitting bras even when they are the proper size, and I'd hate to buy one that was ill-fitting.

Crafty, play-at-home mama to spirited 4 yo DD and zany 1 yo DS, living in an ecovillage in beautiful British Columbia. 
#7 of 8 Old 05-06-2011, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heket View Post

Even when not pregnant, I tend to get my bras online from biggerbras.com.  Sometimes I have luck finding a 34 dd at Nordstrom's Rack.

Glad to hear a referral for biggerbras.com I actually came across their site when I was starting to feel a little desperate! And like you I hope I stay at an F size!

Spending my days with my precious son, the greatest blessing in my life - appropriatley born on Thanksgiving day

​looking forward to when I can sleep more than a 2 or 3 hour stretch on a consistent basis!

#8 of 8 Old 05-06-2011, 12:01 PM

Hey all, just DDCC with another recommendation for good bras.

I really like HotMilk for nursing bras - comfortable, supportive, non-underwire in a wide range of sizes

As for ordering online, I like Linda's Online.  They have very good fitting support, and won't try to sell you a bra in the wrong size just because they don't carry the size you need.

Having a well-fitting bra is SO IMPORTANT!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page