Maybe A Stupid Question? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I'm 11 weeks today. And this being my third, my uterus popped up alot more quickly this time around. Only thing is, my uterus seems to be alot more to my right than the middle, especially with a full bladder. Should I be worried at all about this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-04-2011, 07:57 AM

I wouldnt worry.  Every time we have babies and give birth the placement of things in our bodies shift.  Perhaps your placenta and baby are on a certain side?  I know my daughter always hung out on my right side to the point that I thought she was going to damage my liver.  And Im totally with you on the premature popping out of the uterus- mine is already trying to move up and out, and Im about the same as you.

Ash- DS 2003, DD 2006, and one baby Turkey born on Thanksgiving.

#3 of 6 Old 05-04-2011, 07:59 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

I've popped out a lot sooner this time around, too, but I have to say I can't even really tell where my uterus is. LOL! When's your next prenatal appointment so that you can ask?  I know that the bladder is somewhat in front of the uterus and at this point in the pregnancy the uterus starts to reach up and over it. So maybe when your bladder is full it's pushing up on the uterus at a slight angle? Maybe your ligaments are more flexible on one side vs the other?  Maybe the baby and placenta are hanging out on the one side?  Just guessing here...

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#4 of 6 Old 05-04-2011, 09:50 AM

You're not the only one :)  I'm 13 weeks and I can only feel my uterus well in the middle of the night when my bladder is full (otherwise it just feels like an undefined mass). It's right at my belly button now and it feels more "prominent" on the left side. I've had a feeling that's the side that the baby implanted on so it will be interesting to find out if that's true!

#5 of 6 Old 05-04-2011, 01:47 PM

Totally normal. I remember with my third being terrified because I could feel my uterus at 9 weeks -- I was sure there wa sa major problem like too much fluid (which at that stage is tied to all sorts of things) and went for the nuchal screening for hte first time just to make me feel better. Apparently in later pregnancies it's much more normal for hte uterus to "float." This is my fourth, and I've been able to feel my uterus on and off since 8 weeks, sometimes barely above my pelvis, sometimes around my belly button, sometimes all the way over to one side or the other.

Totally normal.I 

#6 of 6 Old 05-05-2011, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Phew! Thank you ladies! I feel alot better now. lol I knew it must not have been serious. It's amazing how much they grow in just two weeks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page